KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 released

right, the problem i'm having though is that they for no reason jump back into the truck every once in awhile. and its very VERY time consuming telling each guy to disembark. Which brings me to a suggestion

On the command menu, have more controls that will make all AI do one thing. For instance "All AI Engage Cities" "All AI move to WP 1" "All AI Disembark" stuff like that.

i would like to see an RTS level on everon or malden because after a while nogova it goes and gets a framerate problem.

I'll take a look at that Solid, when I get around to refining the user interface. I still have to re-arrange some stuff and make it a bit easier to find and use. Right now I'm working on refining the AI scripts to make it a bit more challenging.

I'll be making versions on Everon and Malden and possibly Kolgujev soon. These should be easier to script for since there's no river to worry about. =)

RTS3-Beta 4c is now available for download.

- Fixed markers so they no longer appear if there is no unit in the game for that marker

- Respawn markers no longer show up for enemies

- AI territory taking is improved more

- Offensive AI is now better

Download it from the link in the first post of this thread.

Would it be possible to have the dead vehicles automatically removed every now and then, or perhaps when they reach a certain number? (as well as dead soldiers)

While you can recycle or repair vehicles, and that can be quite useful, if you don't do much scavenging this makes the map lag something fierce.

Yo, again..

Hoz Every1 doin? I need sumthim to talk about, hmm...

I finally came back from 7.5 hours of fixing my comp (again), damn hackers.

heh, thx again...

FHAF[MAJ]Victor

dude just make a New Topic, easy as that.

anyways, just as a suggestion, it would be pretty cool if you had the AI actually stop and hold certain large towns. All i've seen is the AI take a town then take the next, i always meet them on the move.

edit: instead of making a new post i'll just put it here

Wheres the auto scavanger?? that thing was nice. I was just playing SP and had huge battles around my base. THe absolute last thing i needed to do was go and scavange the vehicals lagging my machine. I can't remember exactly if it was yours, but i remember a auto-scavanger deal. I would really suggest that, because it'd be nice to have one of those going around , decreasing lag, while we worry about other things

RTS-3 Beta 4c is now available on Everon in addition to the Nogova version. Neither requires addons. You can download them all in one zip including RTS3-beta 3e for Ackropolis which requires addons.

The Single player AI perform a lot better on Everon since there's no bridge to contend with. Malden and Kolgujev versions will be out soon as well.

See the first post in this thread for the new download url. I've created a web page for downloading RTS3, the addons and my other missions if you want them.

Enjoy!

Nice work!!

I experience a bit stuttering with the map but fps are ok, normaly my sys run ofp without stuttering. Do you know what i mean?

Was this in Single player mode? If so, how many AI were you playing with?

When you play it, I would recommend that you click Disable ALL AI, and then Enable for the enemy the Top slot and probably 4 other AI slots. If you want to use an AI commander for your team OR you want to control AI squads, then I would leave about 4 or so AI slots enabled. It all depends upon the CPU power you have.

I have a P4-2.8 Gz with 1.5GB DDR RAM and a GF-4 Ti4600, and when I run all AI enabled, including an AI commander for each side, the it will start to lag a bit after about 1 hour, since all the AI by then are battling it out like crazy.

The AI are still challenging even if you have only a couple enabled for each team.

You may encounter stuttering when you (or the AI) build a unit for the first time as OFP has to load in into memory.

RED

ok, I will check it.

It seems to me a bitt stuttering, also before I built anythink.

Gameplay is of cause possible and nice. I tried the current RTS in the mpmissions with no AI.

*UPDATE*

There are now more new versions of RTS-3 out.  These include:

RTS-3 Everon with Addons

RTS-3 Malden (2 versions) one with addons, one without

So now included in the RTS-3 zip are:

RTS-3 Nogova (no addons)

RTS-3 Everon (no addons)

RTS-3 Malden (no addons)

RTS-3 Ackropolis beta 3e (addons)

RTS-3 Everon (addons)

RTS-3 Malden (addons)

Also, I've added the RAH-66 Commanche to the addons versions (cost $20,000) and the F-15E Thermonuclear Bomb ($200,000) For when the game just doesn't seem to end. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Jan. 29 2003,04:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*UPDATE*

There are now more new versions of RTS-3 out.  These include:

RTS-3 Everon with Addons

RTS-3 Malden (2 versions) one with addons, one without

So now included in the RTS-3 zip are:

RTS-3 Nogova (no addons)

RTS-3 Everon (no addons)

RTS-3 Malden (no addons)

RTS-3 Ackropolis beta 3e (addons)

RTS-3 Everon (addons)

RTS-3 Malden (addons)

Also, I've added the RAH-66 Commanche to the addons versions (cost $20,000) and the F-15E Thermonuclear Bomb ($200,000) For when the game just doesn't seem to end. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Some how you always seem to make RTS even better. Great work. Can't wait to try it out on your server this weekend.

nice work Karrilion, i love playing it.

few problem though. On the command & control screen, the squads are labeled, in order -

Alpha Black(me)

Bravo Black (bobby bruning)

Charlie Black (James Pound)

Foxtrot Black ( george dabak)

Echo Black (greg byrd)

Delta Black (jim self)

Golf Black (harry sissman)

Hotel Black (chris marie)

Kilo Black (jack chern)

Charlie Red (adam shillingsburg)

Bravo Red (ryan carreira)

Alpha Red (george connell)

and on the map screen

you have -

alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, echo,foxtrot, golf, hotel, india, juliet.

it makes it very confusing and time consuming working out who is what squad. is there a specific reason why they have different names on the 2 screens?

after an ai squad leader is killed he starts to run back on foot to where he died, can u make them stay at the respawn location at all?

I breifly tested the addons verion on Malden and when ordering a leader to 'capture territories' it would say its going to Le port but id already capped that town, but it went to La Rivera instead. it was getting the towns names wrong.

keep up the good work smile.gif

Yep the marker names aren't accurate right now.  I'll sit down and try to get them to match the soldiers sometime.

I discovered that several names for the towns were mis-matched in the init file that names them so I've corrected that but I haven't uploaded a new file yet since I'm working on a couple of other things.

Oh, and one other thing about the squad names and the marker names, you can have 2 alpha squads as you see, but one might be alpha black and the other alpha red. That's another reason I haven't addressed that issue. Maybe if I simply renamed them 1-12 or something it might be easier.

yeah the doulbed names do get very confusing, 1-12 should work much better

Also, is there any way , or any setting u can have the user turn on so that vehicals will eventually disappear?? Thats the only flaw with this map performance wise. Its just that eventually waaay to many vehicals pile up, and its so hard to recycle them. How about a auto-recycler?

1-12 named squads would be lots betterer smile.gif

i do, as leader, enjoy finding wrecks for recycling, but it entails driving quite along way 1st, an automated recycler would be awesome, it would take alot of the laborious task of driving then recycle out of the game. CTI has one(not saying to copy its smile.gif) as it is, recycling becomes a neccesity because i lose to many fps after a while. im using a P4 2.4 btw.

love ya stuff Karillion smile.gif looking very much forward too the next version.

Yeah I used to have an auto-recycler on the original RTS, but I haven't gotten around to rescripting one for this. I'll look into it.

Maybe I will change the markers to numbers to make it less confusing. I wish that I could dynamically change marker names and dynamically with a script create markers, because that would solve some issues for sure.

Anyway, I'll try to get some of that in the next release.

Thanks!

lol....all this RTS3 scripting......I still like to sit down and enjoy a good simple game of ol' CTF Tiny Island  tounge.gif

Hey, If you don't like the discusion DONT READ IT! Simple as that...

Well, back 2 rts.

Hows every1 doin? Im back from Diablo 2 adn Warcraft 3, for good now so I think I should be posting here more often.

WOW, I have to say about how Rts is Evolving, I mean that in a good way. Now those 6 hr battles can be reduced into 1 hr thx to the bomb.

Luv the work, g2g now. Ill pop in yur server again, (I know u all miss me, NOT)... ttyl all

FHAF[MAJ]victor

I didn't say I didn't like the discussion kid, I only tried to point out how far Karrillion has come.

lol. k fine w/e...

Karr, wheres yur server been?

I put in 209.193.133.66

then that port: 2234

Still, I havnt gottin into yur server all week.. did u change anything? Ip? Port? Or did u have to shut it down for a period of time?

ttyl

FHAF[MAJ]Victor

----------------EDITED 1/3/03-----------------

Thanx  Raptor~DB~

Now.. I am goin to try Karr's Server once more. To see if I can get in.