KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 released

Think I may have found a minor bug.

I use my soldiers to operate the buildings by selecting soldier and moving him next to the building and then issue the command key 6 to pull up build screen. This works great while out in the field except for the tank building. My men get confused after giving the command to pull up build screen and get stuck in a loop and just run in and out of the building. This is on the US side for sure but I'm not sure for the Soviet. I think it has to do with the particular building, maybe changing the building thats used to represent the armor building will fix it.

UPDATE:

Beta 03e is out

I actually meant to release this eariler, but I got tied up trying to get the single player stuff incorporated.  This version does NOT have the SP code in it but it does have a couple of major changes.

-Dynamic Commander Assignment:  If the current commander of a team drops from the server then the server detects this and automatically chooses a new commander for that team, typically the next one from the top of the list. This was in Beta 03b, but I've refined it and fixed some bugs.

-Commander Reassignment: The current commander can choose another teammate and assign them the commander role.  This comes in handy if someone has to leave the game, or if the current commander just can't handle it. smile.gif This was also in beta 03b, but I've fixed some bugs on it and refined it a bit more as well.

-Give Money to Teammates: Now you can give/loan money to teammates in any amount you wish.  Simply pull up Mission Control, click on "Give Money" and then select who you want to give it to, type in how much you want to give, and then click the correct button.  This works very well at the beginning of the game when some teammates who are off capturing flags will give money to their commander so he can build more defenses, etc.

-Addons: One new addon, the KLR 250 dirtcycle is now buyable on the Ackropolis version of the map.  If you don't have that addon you can get it at

http://www.aggression.org/karr/klr.zip

If you recently downloaded the other addon zip, then it is already included in that zip.

I'm still incorporating a lot more single player stuff into this that I hope to have soon.  The SP code will also be useable on dedicated servers so if you and another person want to battle it out then you can still have full-fledged battles.  I doubt I'll have it released until after the new year though since I'll be out of town.  I might get a chance to work on it some before then, but I'll have to see.

Enjoy!

Good work KaRRiLLioN, I look forward to playing it when I get some time.

RED

sweeet, ill get to playin it right away! KaRRiLLioN another good job! biggrin.gif I still wonder about those difficulty settings that only can be activated once tho, (from my other post), but w/e is fine with me... heh good work, & keep ^ de great work xmas.gif

hey KaRR, when in your server.. i asked you about getting to your server fast and you told me your IP and what to make the folder called, ( I kinda forgot the name of the notepad should be) but your  ip, (209.193.133.66) < is that 100%correct? then put it in notepad then call it " host.txt ". And put the folder in the Ofp directory.... is that correct? cuz ive tried it but it dosn't pop up when going into multiplayer.. Hm, i can keep trying unlesss im doing sumthing wrong.. Well, its ok, l8er  xmas.gif

NEW Suggestion (asked by many of the GS community) these are listed in order of how many asked.

1. The fast time mode should be like the older rts fast timers.

2. Add the other F-14's (ATG)

3.Be able to make Spetz Bizon (not AK Spetz)

4. Trabent (cant tell how to spell that, lol)

5. And a Reg Civ car....

6. Scud(s) that have a launch sequence from a certain distance away and give away the scuds position once the launch is activated. (So the activator has to protect this scud for a certain period of time b4 the scud is acually launched.)

Those arnt all my suggestions but a few people are waiting for yur responce on what u have to say. (tried to too say anything that wouldn't add lag to rts, but they slipped up)

Thx KaRR, talk 2 u l8er.  xmas.gif

Is there no more people who awnna know about rts? No posts have been posted forever. I know KaRR is gone for the week on holiday, but that dosn't mean stop postin. But, man, KaRR, when in yur server today (not including the time i was gone) i was in your server 12 hours! and about 8 hours in i took a 1 hr break.  Most people would tell me I have no life, So would i, but i had nuttin to do all day, So Id play my fav game with fav missions >=).. I was (still am) FHAF[MAJ]Victor.... but I have been meaning to change this shitty name in the forums.  

Can anyone give me step by step instruction on how to make karr's server always there poped up, instead of lookin for it over and over in the ofp multiplayer rooms? KaRR told me sumthin about host.txt... i dun know, l8er all.

xmas.gif  Hppy Holidays, I'll brb after chrismas

It is MP at the moment but I think the SP version will be released soon.

RED

Found another bug, this one is a show stopper so work is needed. Twice while playing with four players this weekend we had the second soviet commander not respawn after crashing in a helicopter. Both incidents were identical in that the second commander crashed and he was left under the helicopter never to respawn. This happened on Nagova and on Acropolis. I think but I'm not sure the helo was a Blackhawk in each incident.

We played RTS for about twelve hours this weekend and overall it's very impressive that it works as well as it does. There was one other issue that was quite annoying and I don't think this is an RTS issue but more of a OFP thing. What would happen is you could command men to move to a location somewere and another soldier would call them back to formation. To illustrate lets say 6,7,8 moved to GG62. Sometimes, and I was never able to determine what caused this, but sometimes 3 or 5 or 2 at AA33, not specific, would be calling them to return to formation so as soon as 6,7,8 got to the move location I commanded they would immediately try to get back to 3 or 5 or 2. One way I found to stop this from occuring is to give a stop order(1,6) to 3 or 5 or 2 and they would stop calling 6,7,8 back to formation. confused.gif?

Suggestions:

Expand the area a vehicle must be in to be loaded on a chopper.

Allow construction truck to be transported via helo.

Just a question, how many random respawn spots are there?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just a question, how many random respawn spots are there?<span id='postcolor'>

There are 12

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is RTS sp or mp or both?<span id='postcolor'>

Red is correct, a SP version is almost done.  Currently all the AI can be controlled very well and I've made a lot of new interfaces for that, but I'm still scripting some other automated stuff, like having a squad do a paratrooper raid against a specific area, etc.  I'm still scripting the auto-build stuff for a team that has only AI on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

NEW Suggestion (asked by many of the GS community) these are listed in order of how many asked.

1. The fast time mode should be like the older rts fast timers.

2. Add the other F-14's (ATG)

3.Be able to make Spetz Bizon (not AK Spetz)

4. Trabent (cant tell how to spell that, lol)

5. And a Reg Civ car....

6. Scud(s) that have a launch sequence from a certain distance away and give away the scuds position once the launch is activated. (So the activator has to protect this scud for a certain period of time b4 the scud is acually launched.)

<span id='postcolor'>

I'll think about making the fast-time option adjustable to suit the needs of those playing.

Currently you can build the Sports car, mini, and the red motorcycle and bicycle.  Really, though, do you think there is a need at all to build the other civ cars?  Why would anyone want to build a trabant?  They're very limited in getting around.

There will be another addon pack used for RTS3 using the F15E and some other vehicles.  I'll look at adding the other versions of the F-14, but what it REALLY needs is some nice Mig's so I can stop using the US stuff for the Soviets.

I'll look at changing the Spetz Natz to the Bizon version.

I've had requests for a nuke using SCUD's, etc.  I'll think about it, but if I do it'll only be available late in the game and for a LOT of money.  Only available for when the game has gotten ridiculously long. =)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can anyone give me step by step instruction on how to make karr's server always there poped up, instead of lookin for it over and over in the ofp multiplayer rooms? KaRR told me sumthin about host.txt... i dun know...<span id='postcolor'>

Make a file named hosts.txt using notepad.  Put this file into your opflash root directory.  Inside the file put 209.193.133.66 and nothing else.  Save it, and it should work.  When you start OFP, click on multiplayer and make sure it's in Sockets mode and the server should show up.

Anyway, I hope to return on Sunday and I'll try to monitor discussions here if at all possible.

Thanks!

A Scud Launcher on both sides would be really nice. However, it should be given a small range. Say, 1-3km?(also based on terrain) I mean, it just wouldn't be right to keep launching these right from base. And making them somewhat expensive. That was it kinda blanaces it.

And if it could only be fired with a Laser Designator. Then it could get a larger range. Ahh, enough of my rambling, Merry Christmas all!

Danke KaRR, now I cant 4get the server..lol, ok..  I am just alone on this xmas day, bored as ever, this is a rts board wtf am i talkin about.  Yes, u were right about the trebant & Civ cars... I mean we already got the mini, and sports.. true, true....

I Cant really think of any suggestions at the moment but the expensivness of units. Maybe the unit cost shouldn't be the same for all the units.

The super advanced attack plans SHOULD be mouth dropping prices, I mean in a 4 hour battle once, just attack after attack, nothin new just my 420,000 bucks and a few 9-10 f14's waiting 2 be flown.  

If the enemy hides there mcv, maybe in the advanced technology screen be able to track it?

Maybe have a upgrade unit option from pvt to LT, and so on?

The radar give a heads up if the enemy is near them for a "surprise attack" I mean a radar should play the role of a RADAR shouldn't it?

A possible advanced/basic tech on a spy cam on their base to see what they have focused on mostly for you to find the (back door, sort o speak) into their base, (or target spots). I heard sumthin about a satellite, but Ive tried that and it locks up alot at the high alt, and online may cause a lag bomb, ( Personally, Ive never tried it online... Im just guessing)

As i said im tired, had a few beers ( its xmas! ) and I dont know if these suggestions pop a few ideas.. But, I hope every1 will enjoy the rest of the Holidays!

xmas.gif  L8er!

FHAF[MAJ]Victor

Why ranks man? No real use for them.

Spy cam would be kinda bad. I mean seeing anywhere on the map at anygiven time. Ehh i dunno man.

The radar does play the role of radar. It detects enemy aircraft coming. Radar doesn't really detect Infantry smile.gif

Hey, thats good!  Then if karr, didnt recall the flaws ( i doubt he would, but if he didnt by chance) Your corrections would have pointed em out.... Now back to RTS questions! heh.

I was wonderin... KaRR, Hows the opposing side of AI scripting comming along? Smoothly? Rough? So-so? Are you runnin into many problems that the AI cant seem to acomplish?

Are you going to do multiple versions of SP like with 0.3e online? Or 1 big SP, that is a final version?

KaRR, Do you ask people to "vote" or say what they think rts should have? Like if people say that fast time issue, how do you find out thats what the majority would like? I relize its YOUR mission, Im just sayin.  Its none of my business where u ask it, im just askin if you ask consumers on your creations. Unlike in the forum as it is I ask you dumb suggestions that always have a flaw, Harnu cought many of them.

He is 1 more suggestion, FIREPITS! You cant see in a romote area.. at all, now maybe a street light to light up your whole area for take off in a cessna in bad areas. But firepits would be nice to have!

How was every1 ones xmas ( im off topic again). Well Im done with questions, b4 I get carryed away with non-relovent issues.  L8er!

FHAF[MAJ]Victor

Yes.. Because, when I was in a forest and I was playin till it got dark from fast time, I couldn't see crap.  Especially in advanced mode.  I know we have vtol, but in the beginning when some people research basic air 1st I dont got vtol.  Not to menition if your in a dark forest, basic AI act dumb.  But if your firepits are lit they can see a little form spec ops commin in the " back door" of your base.  Well, now that Ive thought about it, we dont need one. The leader of my squad asked me to ask it. He might add a reply to this and demote me, (please dont). I was just informed that we need some kind of light if you are a distance away from other sources.

L8er!

FHAF[MAJ]Victor

Definatly sweet, just played 5 hours non stop on RTS3 with some friends and we had a max fun, except we really need the ability to transport vehicles into the Ch-47D/Mi-17

smile.gif Great Gaming

You can transport vehicles with the CH47D and the Mi17. I explained it earlier in this thread. Only the MCU and other air vehicles cannot be transported.

I wish I coulda Stayed in your server longer. But after 13 hours of Sittin on this chair, Really bites you in the ass mad.gif So I suppose I dont got anything to say about Rts havin updates. Suggestions are in my head just they arnt comming out. Its late, this is the same time i left yur server around, its 2:40 A/M where i am and I cant stay awake.

Later!

FHAF[MAJ]Victor