KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 released

That would be awesome if we could airlift the MCU. Say drive upto the rear of a CH-47 and have an option appear in the "Get Out" menu that acts like "Put MP5 Mag. to CH-47" but instead of the mp5 mag, its the MCU. Then hop in, fly to destination, and walk around back and access the menu again and "Get MCU from CH-47". And you could have it so that the CH-47 is the only chopper capapble of carrying vehicles, like 2 hmmwvs or jeeps at a time, or 1 tank/mcu. Just my .02 Hope this helps ya!

Actually the Chinook and the Mi17 can already carry up to 3 vehicles. You can fully man tanks, etc. with driver, gunner and commander and when you get near them, click "Load Nearest Vehicle" and it'll have them get out, get into chopper, and then it'll load them and their vehicle into chopper. It disappears when it does that. When you want to drop them off, there is an action to unload each vehicle. The vehicles are unloaded, the driver, etc. gets out of chopper and into the vehicle.

It doesn't work with anything in the cargo of the vehicle though, like passengers.

i cant seem to load the MCU into the Chinook, every other vehicle loads fine, just not the MCU.

Here's a really stupid question, but WHAT IS THIS? It sounds awesome, is it like a Real-TimeStrategy for OFP or something?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BaronVonRed @ Nov. 13 2002,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's a really stupid question, but WHAT IS THIS? It sounds awesome, is it like a Real-TimeStrategy for OFP or something?<span id='postcolor'>

yeah, that's exactly what it is. I find it to be THE best mission that I have played. I am waiting for a server to start running it. I could easily play this thing for 3+ hours without realizing it if I was playing with a bunch of ppl online. I have already played for about an hour and a half by myself on a LAN game, just to get a fel for it. It is awesome. wow.gif A must to check out. (You can download it in the first post of this thread, then unzip, and drop into your MPmissions folder, and have at it)

Thanks! I will check it out - sounds too good to be true - WHOHOO! Is there any documentation that comes with it to help get someone started? Are there regular servers running it somewhere?

from what i can gather now, no servers are currently running it, but it is still fun to mess around with on your own. Currently I don't beleive that there is any documentation, aside from what you read here in this thread. But, if you have any problems, just post em here and we'll see what we can do for you. biggrin.gif

My server currently runs it, and I think the Radishville server runs it as well, but I can't remember their ip address.

The ip to my server is 209.193.133.66 and it's usually up after 5pm EST. It's on a T-1. During the weekend its up all day/night.

ok, i'm currently waiting for a current game on it to be done with so i can play on it. if you get this in time you should stop by and we could try out rts3 together.....i'd like to play alongside the guy who created it. biggrin.gif

P.S. What's up with me not being able to get the MCU onto a chopper? it says vehicles must be within 15 feet of the bird. I had the MCU right next to it, i mean touching even and it still wouldnt load it onto the chopper...just confused thats all.

The MCU isn't loadable yet. All other land vehicles are though.

I kept it that way until I expand the captureable territories to include the island. I'm also planning on making it so that holding an airport would reduce the amount of time it takes to make a plane or chopper or something like that. I'm still tweaking and balancing stuff though.

Well I finally played it on karrillion's server and OMG! wow.gif It gets insane real quick if you are playing w/ ppl that think they can do everything on their own. happend both times to me. And then Karrillion comes and steals my teams damn MCU....damn you karr!! It was fun though, we'll have to do it agin w/ me, you, and jed on the SAME team. biggrin.gif

Version 0.2n is now available.

Fixes:

Version M Fixes

-Fixed bug where "All Markers Set" keeps appearing in certain situations

-Updated Soldier Cam positioning to make it work a bit better.

-Added soldier name and info to soldier currently viewed in Soldier Cam

-Added more information to Soldier List in the Mission Control panel, i.e. Unit name, unit position in group, and type of unit.

for example: Fabio, West Alpha Black 1, NATO Medic

-Fixed LOCK on MCU's that should keep all players out until the commander unlocks it.

Version M Additions:

-Added Pictures for buildings to the MCU build menu, and when you open up the build menu for each factory, the picture appears there too. The pics aren't the best in the world, but they serve the purpose.

Version N Fixes

-Build Queues now empty when factory is destroyed and money is refunded. Players who were building while factory was destroyed would not be able to build at that factory anymore because the variables weren't resetting. Their money is refunded, depending upon the percentage of completion.

-The AI that were spawned to protect territory were spawning sometimes as enemies of the team that had captured it. I think I have this fixed now.

Version N Additions:

-You can now build a Radar system. It will detect hostiles up to 1000 meters out and they should appear on the map each time it pings them. I haven't had the chance to thouroughly test this in MP yet, so I don't know if the enemy units are revealed to all players or not using a server-side script as I do. If I find out it is not, then I'll change it.

-The Radar system will also destroy enemy aircraft within 500 meters of it, including parachutes. If the Radar is destroyed, it will cease to function and must be repaired.

-Radar price is now $8000 with a 120 second wait. If it proves to be effective, I'll start balancing it out.

-To build Radar, you must first build your primary Command HQ. Once you have your Primary Radar built, you can build other radar stations further out.

-The Primary Radar cannot be built farther than 150 meters from the Primary command HQ.

I'd appreciate feedback on the Radar system to see whether it is effective or not. In testing by myself, it shot down several fast and slow incoming aircraft, planes and choppers alike. If it works, it'll make covert ops a bit more important, i.e. getting in there and satcheling the radar. The radar is fairly tough and it takes about 4 satchels to destroy.

That's a lot of changes, good work. I will take a look at it tomorrow (I think I will hit the sack now)

RED

Well from what I can tell when I was with you in testing of that Radar Station, it seemed to work really well. Well, time to got DL the new release. Thanks.

Well im a big fan of rts in ofp and this has to be the best yet. biggrin.gif it totaly Awesome....

And when you said you could carry vehicles with helis will they be hanging or Invisible and when you land you have an option to unload that vehicle ?

Thanks for the great rts. Nathan.

From Page 3 of this thread:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Actually the Chinook and the Mi17 can already carry up to 3 vehicles. You can fully man tanks, etc. with driver, gunner and commander and when you get near them, click "Load Nearest Vehicle" and it'll have them get out, get into chopper, and then it'll load them and their vehicle into chopper. It disappears when it does that. When you want to drop them off, there is an action to unload each vehicle. The vehicles are unloaded, the driver, etc. gets out of chopper and into the vehicle.

It doesn't work with anything in the cargo of the vehicle though, like passengers.

<span id='postcolor'>

RTS3.beta.0.3.Noe.zip is now available.  

Version O Updates and fixes

-The leader of the group of the AI that captures territory now gets bonus points.  

Before, the player had to capture territories himself to get the bonus.  Now AI he commands can do it

and he'll still get the bonus.

-Made Radar more inaccurate and changed the script so that information will be sent to all clients.

This might not work as intended on a dedicated server, so it'll need some more testing.

-SOVIET radar sometimes was incorrectly named "NATO Radar Tower" when destroyed, and also when repaired.

This prevented proper checking of existence of Soviet radar.  Now this is fixed.

Beta version 0.3 Updates and Fixes

-Commander can now remove unused vehicles whether they are damaged or not.  This helps when you have teammates who create a lot of unused vehicles and leave them blocking the factories.  The full cost of the vehicle is credited back.

-Radar has been tweaked.  Now the radar has 3 levels of detection and can be upgraded to Advanced Radar.  Here's how it works:

Basic Radar $8000

Enemy units above 50 meters altitude are detected and revealed on the map to each player on that team at 1000 meters out.  Enemy units above 65 meters altitude (except parachutes) are attacked by "flak" at 500 meters distance.  This means you can fly under radar to avoid detection and death.  Radar now only detects ground units that are within 100 meters of it.

Advanced Radar Upgrade $10000

The outer range of enemy detection for units above 50 meters altitude is extended to 3000 meters radius.  The Killzone is now 800 meters.  Enemy ground units can be detected at 300 meters distance.

Now that version 1.90 is out, I think I can create a better version of the "flak" since I can now use createVehicle command to make the "flak" shells.

-Added a briefing.  The briefing is just a rehash of the RTS-2 briefing, but I haven't had time to update it.

The link to download is in the first post of this thread.

BTW, I have been thinking of looking for high-quality addons to enhance RTS-3. So far I've been very impressed with the DKM M109 ADATS (U.S. AA) and Tunguska (Soviet AA). They look like they could provide better AA coverage than the Shilka and the Vulcan. DKM also has a very nice Bronco plane out. I'm also looking for an aircraft carrier. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'm also looking for a new suitable island with the following characteristics:

-2 Airports, each one across the island from the other, i.e. North and south sides of island.

-Large Mountain range in the middle with only a couple of narrow canyons providing a passage through, maybe a river running in between with bridges?

I've had a lot of people Email me about using new islands, but I haven't really seen any user-made islands that are large enough. I'd be interested in finding some good ones though.

BTW, If I were to use addons, I would likely keep it a separate version from the original without addons. I just think some of the new addons are starting to really mature quality-wise as authors learn Oxygen.

hey i just had a look in the scripts and found thing ...

_player = Activator

?(Name _player == "KaRRiLLioN") : Goto "Bomb"

Exit

#Bomb

_bomb = "LaserGuidedBomb" CamCreate GetMarkerPos "Waypoint3"

Exit

Found in RTS3-COMMAND-Artillery.sqs

Also

?(Name _player == "KaRRiLLioN") : _researchCost = _researchCost/4

?(Name _player == "KaRRiLLioN") : _researchTime = 5

Found in RTS3-RESEARCH.sqs

Are we playing fair here ?

Yes I think he is, from what I can see it looks like he wanted to speed up the building time etc when testing the map (no point waiting ages each time to test something out like the radar for example just to find there is a bug that needs to be fixed then tested again)

But it would be a bit unfair in the final version biggrin.gif

RED

It should be remmed out but since I was doing some quick tests today before I had to leave for an appointment, I probably didn't nail them all.

I'll check it out to make sure. I qualify it with only my name so that if I forget to rem stuff out, it won't apply to everyone who plays it and all the servers that play it won't have people building at light speed. Since I am constantly testing stuff, I have to keep those qualifiers in there so I don't have to sit around and wait forever each time I need to build up the base fast and blow stuff up.

The artillery is not an active piece of the mission yet. Since it hasn't been implemented, and I haven't decided if it will be implemented, I've left it like it is. I've been talking with Doolittle about his Artillery script. As it is, I don't want players futzing around with it in the game.

Aside from that, I know that people can de-pbo the file, so why would I leave it in there if I were trying to cheat? Obviously it's not a hard thing to find, since I put most of that stuff at the start of my scripts.

Hopefully I can start cleaning out the debug stuff once I move past the tweaking stage. Right now though I have a lot of tweaking going on in a lot of scripts so I won't bother trying to rem out every little debug qualifier I have in there.

Hey KaRRiLion, i played a round of rts3 last night and had a kick ass time.

When the sun set i had an idea of another object u could add to the construction jeep, or attach one to the 4 corners of each building (optional of course), which is Street Laps.

I hate dying, then feeling my way around our base looking for the ammo box to get some NVG's.

I think players could have the option of turing the lights on and off at the Command HQ, or run up to the individual pole and select "Lights: Off/On"

also, how bout runway lights, if u find a nice flat area to take ur planes off from, u could lay runway lights down just like u can with landmines. Maybe have the option of setting the color of the lights.

Just something i thought of while stumbling to find the ammo crate last night while playing.

ooooo, just thought of another, how bout Flare trip-wires! when an enemy enters within so close of it, it will shoot up multiple flares to warn people at night. smile.gif

Ill go back to playing RTS3 and thinking of more things to add that would help improve game play. biggrin.gif

u da man kar

@KaRRiLLioN:

debuging-hint:

first line in init.sqs: Debug=true

add the debug-variable at all points where you want to test/check or enhance something like here:

_player = Activator

?(Debug and Name _player == "KaRRiLLioN") : Goto "Bomb"

Exit

or here:

?(Debug and Name _player == "KaRRiLLioN") : _researchCost = _researchCost/4

?(Debug and Name _player == "KaRRiLLioN") : _researchTime = 5

if you want to release a normal version, just change the first line in init.sqs to: Debug=false

so you can easily switch between a debug and a normal version of your mission and don't need to remove the debuging-stuff from all scripts.