Arma 3 Aegis

10-5-2019

DATA

• Added: Cows
  • Added: AK-12 5.45 mm (variants)
  • Added: RPK-16 5.45 mm
  • Added: L85A3 6.5 mm (Khaki) and L85A3 GL 6.5 mm (Khaki)
  • Added: LIM-85 5.56 mm (Khaki) and LIM-85 5.56 mm (Sand)
  • Added: Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm (Camo)
  • Added: Mk26 12.7 mm
  • Added: MP7 4.6 mm (variants)
  • Added: Protector 9 mm (Sand)
  • Added: SPAR-16C 5.56 mm (variants)
  • Added: New textures for the default Combat Helmet and its derivatives
  • Added: Pacific Expeditionary Forces for the BAF faction
  • Added: Editor preview images for all infantry, vehicles, and props, work-in-progress
  • Added: Flag (Red Lion)
  • Added: Take On Helicopter OST (7 tracks)
  • Added: An entirely new set of gear for the Russian forces due to a change in direction and creative decisions
  • Added: Recon Scout (GL) unit which use the XM25 (US) and M32 (CSAT) grenade launchers
  • Added: New model and materials for the Civilian version of the PO-30 Orca
  • Added: Magazine proxies for the AK-107, L85A3, AA-40, MP7, and M4A1 variants
  • Tweaked: NATO has been renamed to US, NATO (Pacific) has been renamed to US (Pacific), and NATO (British) has been renamed to BAF - shared items such as wetsuits, pilot helmets, ghillie suits, and et cetera will retain their NATO tag
  • Tweaked: All loadouts have been tweaked and rebalanced for all factions' infantry
  • Tweaked: All inventories have been tweaked and rebalanced for all factions' ammo boxes
  • Tweaked: Specop's loadouts have been assimilated into Recon infantry's equipment
  • Tweaked: The Animals module can now spawn cows, crows, dogs, and eagles with Zeus compatibility as well
  • Tweaked: The F-38's armor value was lowered for balancing purposes
  • Tweaked: Textures for the black and wooden Mk14 were improved
  • Tweaked: The MX, Mk-I EMR, MAR-10, and SPMG's sand variants were darkened slightly - furthermore, the MX magazine has been changed to a flat sand texture, with the digital magazines still being available
  • Tweaked: The default SPAR-16 now uses the full barrel model with foregrip while sounds and stats have been adjusted accordingly
  • Tweaked: Materials and textures for BAF uniforms were altered to further resemble a UBACS shirt
  • Fixed: The US Army and US Navy Jack flags were incorrectly symmetrical
  • Fixed: CTRG's Pacific soldiers wore incorrect facewear
  • Fixed: The F-38 Widowmaker didn't generate enough lift and thus tended to lose altitude rapidly, a new flight model has been added, though it is work-in-progress
  • Fixed: The US Pacific UGV Stomper RCWS had an incorrect quantity of magazines
  • Fixed: ".model" errors related to various infantry units' capacity
  • Fixed: NATO and CSAT ammo boxes didn't have CTRG and Viper equipment in their inventories
  • Fixed: SPMG .338 (Tropic)'s weapon holder had an incorrect name
  • Fixed: The Cyrus 9.3 mm (Green Hex)'s weapon holder had the incorrect magazine
  • Fixed: Syndikat's Offroad didn't have texture randomization
  • Fixed: FIA's AFV-4 Gorgon didn't have texture randomization
  • Fixed: Static weapon bags couldn't be assembled into static weapons properly
  • Fixed: The T-140K Angara lacked a unique texture for its RCWS
  • Fixed: Many, many other minor issues
  • Removed: Various assets that either couldn't work, didn't fit Aegis's scope (they will most likely return in future projects)
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hey mate,

Just a small bug report for ya:

Hand placement for the new L85s is a bit off, especially the hand on the trigger group.

XybMKhr.jpg

Looks really good otherwise, and cool idea making them compatible with the MX magwell and magazines!

Heads up - a hotfix is due soon to:

A. fix some compatibility issues breaking missions

B. fix a few issues regarding the ACOG, AA-40, and start-up error

On 5/11/2019 at 12:32 AM, shadeops21 said:

Hey mate,

Just a small bug report for ya:

Hand placement for the new L85s is a bit off, especially the hand on the trigger group.

Looks really good otherwise, and cool idea making them compatible with the MX magwell and magazines!

Heya! Thanks for the report. The L85A3 model is a placeholder currently, it will be replaced with a better model soon. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arma 3 Aegis

11-5-2019

DATA

• Fixed: CfgPatches issue regarding the Zamak (green hex Zamaks require Arma 3 dev branch)
  • Fixed: AA-40 20 round drum's cylinder axis was missing
  • Fixed: ACOG existed in the 5th dimension
  • Fixed: Compatibility issues that were breaking missions built with prior versions of Arma 3 Aegis
  • Fixed: Zeus compatibility for Russian infantry
  • Fixed: Russian Army's urban and arctic infantry were missing their backpacks
  • Fixed: Russian Army's urban and arctic heavy gunner units were missing
  • Like 1

Didn't the CRV Bobcat previously have basic vehicle repair abilities or am I day dreaming?

I had one in a convoy and my Hunter lead took some damage so I was trying to drive the truck around the different sides of the CRV lmao in a fire fight screaming "omg repair repair"... we all died hahah. 

No biggy, I can use another repair vehicle but the CRV was a cool tracked option IMO.

Good stuff with Aegis, looks like a hefty update too, very nice!

Oh and it would be sweet if it could seat a 4th person, the Field Engineer, disembarks and assists in tasks outside of the crews duties. 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakuaz said:

Didn't the CRV Bobcat previously have basic vehicle repair abilities or am I day dreaming?

I had one in a convoy and my Hunter lead took some damage so I was trying to drive the truck around the different sides of the CRV lmao in a fire fight screaming "omg repair repair"... we all died hahah. 

No biggy, I can use another repair vehicle but the CRV was a cool tracked option IMO.

Good stuff with Aegis, looks like a hefty update too, very nice!

Oh and it would be sweet if it could seat a 4th person, the Field Engineer, disembarks and assists in tasks outside of the crews duties. 😃

Heya! I haven't touched the bobcat past magazine tweaks so repair fuctionality should be unchanged. I'll look into it though. 🙂

• Like 1

the CSAT beret is a cherry on top,  missed a lot . thumbs up 

20190323135017_1.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Shawniepie said:

Can the Ace Compat Patch be used with the latest update?

Yes.

Hey, it seems like the JSHK Contamination Gear Mod isn't compatible with Aegis,

the Mask-Skins are always the same and some are not Displayed correctly, maybe it's because you used the same Masks in your Mod before? 🤔

Some Weapon and Gear Icons are wrong, f.a. the srifle_EBR_khk_f (Mk 18 ABR Khaki) has an Alamuth Icon.

Would be nice if you could look into that!

Also, I think the Mag on the M4A1 is a bit too low placed.

Ingame:

https://imgur.com/a/NdVMThb

Real:

https://imgur.com/a/dIb4d2r

And always remember:

Aegis is an awesome Mod, never surrender to the Bug Monster! 😄

Edit: The ION Van has, when loaded Ingame, an Orange instead of a Black Texture, had the same Problem on this Vehicle on an own Mod, try an Init Eventhandler with setTextureGlobal in the Config, that worked for me

Edited by T0bi
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, T0bi said:

Hey, it seems like the JSHK Contamination Gear Mod isn't compatible with Aegis,

the Mask-Skins are always the same and some are not Displayed correctly, maybe it's because you used the same Masks in your Mod before? 🤔

Some Weapon and Gear Icons are wrong, f.a. the srifle_EBR_khk_f (Mk 18 ABR Khaki) has an Alamuth Icon.

Would be nice if you could look into that!

Also, I think the Mag on the M4A1 is a bit too low placed.

Ingame:

https://imgur.com/a/NdVMThb

Real:

https://imgur.com/a/dIb4d2r

And always remember:

Aegis is an awesome Mod, never surrender to the Bug Monster! 😄

Edit: The ION Van has, when loaded Ingame, an Orange instead of a Black Texture, had the same Problem on this Vehicle on an own Mod, try an Init Eventhandler with setTextureGlobal in the Config, that worked for me

Thanks for the feedback!

The M4A1's mag is low because else the top of it clips through the bolt, but I will see if BIS has tweaked the magazine mesh. 🙂

I noticed that some items have been revoved like CTRG ECHs and ELCHs as well as the colored deck crew helmets that matched the colored deck crew vests and the blue combat fatigues. I think these were a great addition to the mod and personally I'd like these to be some of the items returned in future projects.

8 hours ago, 6osbo said:

I noticed that some items have been revoved like CTRG ECHs and ELCHs as well as the colored deck crew helmets that matched the colored deck crew vests and the blue combat fatigues. I think these were a great addition to the mod and personally I'd like these to be some of the items returned in future projects.

Blue combat Fatigues and (some) other removed items will return in a different project eventually

@AveryTheKitty Russia is a member of CSAT, it is now a fact, hope i´ll see in the future some russian CSAT troops in your mod 🙂

"Meanwhile, the Russian Spetsnaz operators wear a new lightweight two-tone suit, a durable helmet based on CSAT design, and a chest rig which sports a cross-drawn chest holder for sidearms."

Russian_Spetsnaz.png

ss_eba07476bc861ea5c4119c6fcccdcc710ccef

Source:

https://arma3.com/contact

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021790/Arma_3_Contact/

1 hour ago, maxl30 said:

@AveryTheKitty Russia is a member of CSAT, it is now a fact, hope i´ll see in the future some russian CSAT troops in your mod 🙂

"Meanwhile, the Russian Spetsnaz operators wear a new lightweight two-tone suit, a durable helmet based on CSAT design, and a chest rig which sports a cross-drawn chest holder for sidearms."

Source:

https://arma3.com/contact

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021790/Arma_3_Contact/

We don't know if they're CSAT just yet, we just know they're holding a vote. 😉

Current Russian forces will be tweaked to use some of the new gear for sure.

• Like 5

Yeah Contact has made me remember WHY I love BIS...

• Like 2

Eagerly awaiting Arma 3 Contact's release! For now though, I am busy with exams and graduation. 😄

A little progress in the mean time:

• CTRG equipment has been scrubbed of any and all flags.

• CSAT has a new T-shirt variant of the light fatigues (flavor content, not used by any units yet.)

• CSAT Pacific's diver gear has been recycled for the Russians; CSAT Pacific divers will continue to use standard CSAT equipment

I'm not entirely sure how to tackle Russian forces with the new Spetsnaz faction. Should I keep them separate (Russia & Spetsnaz), combine them (Russia), or...? Keep in mind Russia is not CSAT *yet* so I can't do CSAT (Russian) / CSAT (Woodland).

If I combine them then the existing Spetsnaz forces will be recycled into Russia's recon units (classnames will remain unchanged).

Any and all ideas or suggestions are welcome.

• Like 4

Exams...aah that time of year, GL with all that fun stuff!

I've joined the CSAT team in my tactical barbie ops and noticed the fatigues are a little lighter in color  -love it-  but then I saw the defender ( IIRC ) helmet and it had the lighter color then another variant that said "Arid" next to it.  Is there plans to offer up/extend that Arid color palette to the fatigues/recon fatigues?  No big deal at all, I like the colors now but options are always fun haha.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zakuaz said:

Exams...aah that time of year, GL with all that fun stuff!

I've joined the CSAT team in my tactical barbie ops and noticed the fatigues are a little lighter in color  -love it-  but then I saw the defender ( IIRC ) helmet and it had the lighter color then another variant that said "Arid" next to it.  Is there plans to offer up/extend that Arid color palette to the fatigues/recon fatigues?  No big deal at all, I like the colors now but options are always fun haha.

Arid is planned for sure! I just haven't gotten around to it yet. 😛

• Like 1

Are there going to be standard combat fatigues for the CTRG Tropic? From what I've seen, we have Arid and Tropic stealth uniforms, but only Arid conventional (non stealth) uniforms.

And with the introduction of a "Woodland" NATO faction that appears to use a darker green/brown Multicam/MTP plate, have you given much consideration as to make a full "desert" uniform to compliment them?

Not a request, but food for thought, y'know?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Seeing as like you said, Russia aren't in CSAT yet, it makes sense to have Russia + Spetznaz separate. That way it'll be canon, unless BIS change things in Contact DLC. It also adds another faction for people to use in mission making that aren't aligned to NATO or CSAT.

Kudos on the great work as always. 😎

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shadeops21 said:

Are there going to be standard combat fatigues for the CTRG Tropic? From what I've seen, we have Arid and Tropic stealth uniforms, but only Arid conventional (non stealth) uniforms.

And with the introduction of a "Woodland" NATO faction that appears to use a darker green/brown Multicam/MTP plate, have you given much consideration as to make a full "desert" uniform to compliment them?

Not a request, but food for thought, y'know?

No plans for conventional uniforms in Tropic for CTRG's forces, I'm afraid, though you can always use the urban uniforms; it's not like the arid ones blend in either. 😄

No plans for a desert uniform either but it's still something that can change.

1 hour ago, Callsign said:

Seeing as like you said, Russia aren't in CSAT yet, it makes sense to have Russia + Spetznaz separate. That way it'll be canon, unless BIS change things in Contact DLC. It also adds another faction for people to use in mission making that aren't aligned to NATO or CSAT.

Kudos on the great work as always. 😎

Well the Spetsnaz aren't part of CSAT either, so it wouldn't really mess with anything canon. 😉 Also, both Russia and Spetsnaz would be OPFOR factions and they would still have minimal differences between one another beyond some equipment and visual changes; I'm planning on using some of the new gear for the regular Russian forces, vaguely inspired by this:

ru-assault-berezka-fb296cef.png

5.45 mm chambered AK-12s, Gorka uniforms, the new CSAT spinoff helmets, and some sort of plate carrier, possibly the LDF's vest but reskinned. Unsure about camouflage. They are going to be usable anyway in Arma 3 but mostly designed for Livonia's locale.

• Like 3

I do love me some semi-fictionalized Russians sporting 3/4 helmets and Gorkas 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 1:59 AM, AveryTheKitty said:

I'm not entirely sure how to tackle Russian forces with the new Spetsnaz faction. Should I keep them separate (Russia & Spetsnaz), combine them (Russia), or...? Keep in mind Russia is not CSAT *yet* so I can't do CSAT (Russian) / CSAT (Woodland).

If I combine them then the existing Spetsnaz forces will be recycled into Russia's recon units (classnames will remain unchanged).

I'd suggest chucking them into the recon part of your current Russian faction. I personally don't see the point in having a whole new faction just for Spetsnaz since they're just Russian SF. 

1) Saves you from making another faction just for a small amount of units

2) Allows mission makers to use the one Russian faction which would include SF dudes, rather than have 2 factions. 

Also, an off topic suggestion.

Q) Would it be possible to reskin all the vanilla NATO faction vehicles to the same tan colour as the Tanks DLC Rhino vehicle is? The inconsistency of the tan and the NATO grey doesnt look right and I reckon it would enhance your mod further. The reskinning of the CSAT to look Russian is awesome, so a texture touch up for NATO vehicles would make it stand out further. 

• Like 1