Thanks for the reply, another question: any plans to partner up with the CSAT modification project? ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, adidasv3 said:

Thanks for the reply, another question: any plans to partner up with the CSAT modification project? ?

No plans I'm afraid. We might do a joint compatibility thingy in the future but no promises.

• Like 2

Development branch of Aegis received an update!

Changelog:

Spoiler

• Added: Carrier Lite / Rig (Sand)

• Added: Rangemaster Belt (Black)

• Added: Rangemaster Belt (Brown)

• Added: Rangemaster Belt (Coyote)

• Added: Rangemaster Belt (Khaki)

• Added: Rangemaster Belt (Olive)

• Added: Backpack slot versions of the Rangemaster Belt (variants)

• Added: Rate-of-fire options for M134 miniguns

• Fixed: The CAR-95-1 had an incorrect crosshair

• Fixed: The SA80 LSW was missing its crosshair

• Like 5

On 5/20/2018 at 5:50 AM, Night515 said:

Aegis doesn't touch performance of vanilla weapons for the most part. Most changes are magazine size related or attachments related.

Ah, great!

You seemed to react positively to the idea of using the (currently) unused 12.7x 99mm SLAP rounds for the warfare 50, are there any plans to add those?

You also seemed to have some level of interest in a Nyx drone variant, based on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SYRANO

Are you still considering that, or would you not do it because to do it properly you'd want to change the 3d model (ie: no prisms for the crew, but a gimballed camera)

You cannot change the 3D Model of any official assets because Bohemia locked them, we can only retexture (once the samples come out), which is possibly what Night is doing, since the samples for the Tanks DLC stuff is not out yet

I know, that's why I said "would you not do it because to do it properly you'd want to change the 3d model"

- So if he thinks that a drone Nyx wouldn't look quite right (it would have crew hatches and viewing prisms, but no camera for remote operation - aside from that on the RCWS), then he wouldn't want to do a drone Nyx because he can't change the model.

Another dev branch update; hopefully we'll be able to push the Russians out once finals are done with :P

Changelog:

Spoiler

• Fixed: The Mk.7 Helmet had an incorrect model
 • Fixed: 2x M134 miniguns used by the xH-9 and WY-55 lacked a low rate-of-fire option
 • Fixed: The Mk16 LMG variant was missing
 • Fixed: The Prowler and Qilin's passenger seat issues were fixed
 • Fixed: CTRG Stealth Uniform (Tee) had incorrect textures for the pants
 • Fixed: Incompatibility errors related to Russia files

There is a config bin error in regards to one of the APERS tripwires and the 100rd mag for the Autorifleman. Is there a way to fix this? It causes us having to load a mission twice cause it gets that error.

I was able to replicate this by placing down NATO Autorifleman for the 100rd mag and the supply box [NATO] for the APERS tripwire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mannulus said:

There is a config bin error in regards to one of the APERS tripwires and the 100rd mag for the Autorifleman. Is there a way to fix this? It causes us having to load a mission twice cause it gets that error.

I was able to replicate this by placing down NATO Autorifleman for the 100rd mag and the supply box [NATO] for the APERS tripwire.

I'll see what I can do. :)

So I loaded up the mod again (had it unloaded for a while, finally started playing KOTH), I noticed the Prowler and Qilin passenger seat issues that you say are fixed in dev branch (downloading now). I noticed a few other changes/issues.

#1) The Kajman's 30mm HE rounds were missing, and I couldn't re-add them, it had just 250 rounds of 30mm AP. I would think that it should keep its HE rounds, and if you want to limit the ammo supply, ditch the AP rounds, thats what the scalpels are for.

#2) I noticed the F-38 flight model has been changed, it now turns much better on the ground, but... it seems to constantly pitch down in flight when vectoring is set to 0 (I still don't see a vector angle indicator like on the other VTOLs, just the flight vector/heading). Also it seems to be able to climb vertically at a much lower throttle setting - this isn't an issue per se, but I liked it when you needed 88-90% throttle just to hover, now it does vertical takeoffs with a full bomb and fuel load so easily (I know the jet flight model doesn't take into account weapon and fuel load, but  I'd rather have the flight model balanced around a full load than a nearly empty plane)

#3) The 20mm cannons that one can mount to the hellcat (maybe others) don't work (the twin cannons do, not the single ones).

#4) Vanilla naming issues that you might want to fix: Currently vanilla DAGRs are using HEAT warheads, I'm guessing its meant to be something like the M247 High-explosive anti-tank (HEAT)/high-explosive dual purpose (HEDP) warhead. The display still shows "HE" not "HEAT" or "HEDP". I assume that you can correct this? It could give players the wrong idea about what they'll be effective against. (IIRC, their splash damage/radius is rather low, so they aren't like other HE munitions)

PS: the 30mm Gatling cannon of the wipeout is still called a Minigun

Now, on to other thoughts/suggestions:

Spoiler

#1) You use the A-149 Griphon as a stand in for the Eurofighter. I wonder if you might use this instead:

The primary focus is intended to be a community-based content release; therefore anyone who wishes to use a customized version in their mod is free to do so, as long as the license requirements below are observed... enjoy!

The only problem here is that he doesn't want it uploaded on steam... I wonder if that would also apply if its bundled and not easily separated from mods that are on steam

#2) New missile variants:

-2a: Currently vanilla DAGR and Scalepels are using the HEAT warhead type. Could you add DAGR: HE-Frag / Scalpel: He-Frag variants for anti-personnel use?. This  would be particularly useful on something like the Falcon drone which lacks a turreted cannon/gun for engaging infantry.

-2b: Laser guided Macers and Kedge missiles would also be great. I also wouldn't mind seeing HE-Frag laser guided variants (an IR guided HE-Frag variant doesn't seem very useful)

#3) Is it possible to put different missiles on pre-existing racks? I would love to have 2x R-77 or R-73 missile racks to give custom scripted loadouts, particularly to the Xian, for now I'm giving the Xian pylons with 2x BIM-9s, which isn't ideal. I would love to have a 2x R-73 missile rack available as well.

-3a: I'd like each major faction to have craft that can play the same/similar role, even if they aren't the same, and with the F-38, NATO has a quite good VTOL air superiority fighter, and the Xian... well its not so great. An AA version of the Xian with its radar range doubled and field of view/the angle of the radar cone halved, and the ability to mount R-73s and R-77s (ideally with at least 2 of the pylons supporting racks of 2) would be great.

-3b: I was also playing with the FFAA mod (spanish forces addon), and the Harriers seem like they'd go well with the AAF's general tech level and using equipment 1 generation behind the other powers... porting it for the AAF for inclusion in the mod could be nice, but as it is I can just use Aegis + FFAA (which I think I'll do anyway for the FFAA patrol ship and landing craft)

#4) Can you make pylon racks with no actual visual geometry, just ones that have 2-4 minitions and no rack? (like how the "pylonmissile" types have just the munition, unlike like "pylonrack" types) I think a sort of "pylonrack" without any actual geometry for the rack would work fine for internal munitons. Without having to make the rack model, I would guess  that you just need to specify munition spawn points (just x,y,z coordinates?). 

It would be nice to have a 4x scalpel rack for an internal weapons station, with the scalpels arranged as the SDBs are in this picture:

361_5dwm5761_0.jpg

If you could do a scalpel rack like this, and maybe an internal 2xAMRAAM pylon, the F-38 steal could be much more useful.

Right now without a bit of scripting, its not much good for more than delivering a couple LGBs, 2 AAMs and 2 LGBs is rather limited.

My scripted loadouts are usually:

AA version:

2x ASRAAM (outer pylons have PylonMissile_1Rnd_AAA_missiles )

4x AMRAAM (Inner pylons have PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_D_x2 )

Mixed AA and AG:

2x ASRAAM (outer pylons have PylonMissile_1Rnd_AAA_missiles )

2x AMRAAM (one inner pylon has PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_D_x2 )

4x Scalpel ( one inner pylon has PylonMissile_1Rnd_LG_scalpel added so a missile is there if one looks inside the bays, the magazine is then removed, and PylonRack_4Rnd_LG_scalpel is added).

I would restrict LGBs to only 2 of the 4 internal pylons. Then those same pylons that could take LGBs would be the only ones normally able to accept 2x amraam or 4x scalpel loadouts

Thus for my LGB loadouts of your X-35/F-38, its just the default 2x amraam, 2x LGB

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ex3B said:

So I loaded up the mod again (had it unloaded for a while, finally started playing KOTH), I noticed the Prowler and Qilin passenger seat issues that you say are fixed in dev branch (downloading now). I noticed a few other changes/issues.

#1) The Kajman's 30mm HE rounds were missing, and I couldn't re-add them, it had just 250 rounds of 30mm AP. I would think that it should keep its HE rounds, and if you want to limit the ammo supply, ditch the AP rounds, thats what the scalpels are for.

#2) I noticed the F-38 flight model has been changed, it now turns much better on the ground, but... it seems to constantly pitch down in flight when vectoring is set to 0 (I still don't see a vector angle indicator like on the other VTOLs, just the flight vector/heading). Also it seems to be able to climb vertically at a much lower throttle setting - this isn't an issue per se, but I liked it when you needed 88-90% throttle just to hover, now it does vertical takeoffs with a full bomb and fuel load so easily (I know the jet flight model doesn't take into account weapon and fuel load, but  I'd rather have the flight model balanced around a full load than a nearly empty plane)

#3) The 20mm cannons that one can mount to the hellcat (maybe others) don't work (the twin cannons do, not the single ones).

#4) Vanilla naming issues that you might want to fix: Currently vanilla DAGRs are using HEAT warheads, I'm guessing its meant to be something like the M247 High-explosive anti-tank (HEAT)/high-explosive dual purpose (HEDP) warhead. The display still shows "HE" not "HEAT" or "HEDP". I assume that you can correct this? It could give players the wrong idea about what they'll be effective against. (IIRC, their splash damage/radius is rather low, so they aren't like other HE munitions)

PS: the 30mm Gatling cannon of the wipeout is still called a Minigun

Now, on to other thoughts/suggestions:

Hide contents

#1) You use the A-149 Griphon as a stand in for the Eurofighter. I wonder if you might use this instead:

The only problem here is that he doesn't want it uploaded on steam... I wonder if that would also apply if its bundled and not easily separated from mods that are on steam

#2) New missile variants:

-2a: Currently vanilla DAGR and Scalepels are using the HEAT warhead type. Could you add DAGR: HE-Frag / Scalpel: He-Frag variants for anti-personnel use?. This  would be particularly useful on something like the Falcon drone which lacks a turreted cannon/gun for engaging infantry.

-2b: Laser guided Macers and Kedge missiles would also be great. I also wouldn't mind seeing HE-Frag laser guided variants (an IR guided HE-Frag variant doesn't seem very useful)

#3) Is it possible to put different missiles on pre-existing racks? I would love to have 2x R-77 or R-73 missile racks to give custom scripted loadouts, particularly to the Xian, for now I'm giving the Xian pylons with 2x BIM-9s, which isn't ideal. I would love to have a 2x R-73 missile rack available as well.

-3a: I'd like each major faction to have craft that can play the same/similar role, even if they aren't the same, and with the F-38, NATO has a quite good VTOL air superiority fighter, and the Xian... well its not so great. An AA version of the Xian with its radar range doubled and field of view/the angle of the radar cone halved, and the ability to mount R-73s and R-77s (ideally with at least 2 of the pylons supporting racks of 2) would be great.

-3b: I was also playing with the FFAA mod (spanish forces addon), and the Harriers seem like they'd go well with the AAF's general tech level and using equipment 1 generation behind the other powers... porting it for the AAF for inclusion in the mod could be nice, but as it is I can just use Aegis + FFAA (which I think I'll do anyway for the FFAA patrol ship and landing craft)

#4) Can you make pylon racks with no actual visual geometry, just ones that have 2-4 minitions and no rack? (like how the "pylonmissile" types have just the munition, unlike like "pylonrack" types) I think a sort of "pylonrack" without any actual geometry for the rack would work fine for internal munitons. Without having to make the rack model, I would guess  that you just need to specify munition spawn points (just x,y,z coordinates?). 

It would be nice to have a 4x scalpel rack for an internal weapons station, with the scalpels arranged as the SDBs are in this picture:

If you could do a scalpel rack like this, and maybe an internal 2xAMRAAM pylon, the F-38 steal could be much more useful.

Right now without a bit of scripting, its not much good for more than delivering a couple LGBs, 2 AAMs and 2 LGBs is rather limited.

My scripted loadouts are usually:

AA version:

2x ASRAAM (outer pylons have PylonMissile_1Rnd_AAA_missiles )

4x AMRAAM (Inner pylons have PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_D_x2 )

Mixed AA and AG:

2x ASRAAM (outer pylons have PylonMissile_1Rnd_AAA_missiles )

2x AMRAAM (one inner pylon has PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_D_x2 )

4x Scalpel ( one inner pylon has PylonMissile_1Rnd_LG_scalpel added so a missile is there if one looks inside the bays, the magazine is then removed, and PylonRack_4Rnd_LG_scalpel is added).

I would restrict LGBs to only 2 of the 4 internal pylons. Then those same pylons that could take LGBs would be the only ones normally able to accept 2x amraam or 4x scalpel loadouts

Thus for my LGB loadouts of your X-35/F-38, its just the default 2x amraam, 2x LGB

Thanks for the feedback!

1. I'll check the issue here. I had to tweak the Kajman's magazines because there weren't yellow tracer versions, but there shouldn't have been any issues.

2. The F-38 flight model is very WIP currently. I'm still working out the kinks.

3. Will fix. :)

4. It's a possibility.

As for content:

1. Not a fan of the model's quality, personally.

2. Maybe.

3. As far as I know, not possible.

4. Maybe

FYI, tried the dev branch version, I see the .50 BMG SLAP rounds have been added, and they seem to work great.

I didn't see SLAP rounds in the changelog, but I'm glad that they made it in.

I can now see a good reason to use the 50 BMG rifle over the .408 rifle. Those SLAP rounds penetrate right through the walls of those military towers (seen in most KOTH games) like the Lynx with APDS (and unlike normal lynx 12.7mm rounds/ HMG-NVST rounds, 50 BMG rounds, and .408 rounds). Its also much better at taking out the engine on MRAPs and such. Awesome

• Like 1

@Night515

Sorry for a double post, some bug with forum prevented me to write. Mod can you please remove previous post?

Now to the point, few suggestions and questions.

1. Can NATO tank/vehicle crews receive just like in real world ballistic vests/plate carriers and uniforms protecting their entire bodies or coveralls? It's unfortunetaly not a vanilla feature, but it would be realistic, as this is how crews are protected:

2. Perhaps NATO (other factions?) offciers also wear something else than bandolliers? Maybe rangemaster belts to have holster for their sidearms? Looks more realistic. Eventually also standard plate carriers?

3. Is there a bug with CSAT soldiers? Not all of them seems to have vests/bandolliers etc. I still test stuff, perhaps it's a mod conflict, just informing.

Cheers!

• Like 2

As for point no.3 the bug can be caused by some strange conflict with 2035 Russian Armed Forces mod.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

@Night515

Sorry for a double post, some bug with forum prevented me to write. Mod can you please remove previous post?

Now to the point, few suggestions and questions.

1. Can NATO tank/vehicle crews receive just like in real world ballistic vests/plate carriers and uniforms protecting their entire bodies or coveralls? It's unfortunetaly not a vanilla feature, but it would be realistic, as this is how crews are protected:

2. Perhaps NATO (other factions?) offciers also wear something else than bandolliers? Maybe rangemaster belts to have holster for their sidearms? Looks more realistic. Eventually also standard plate carriers?

3. Is there a bug with CSAT soldiers? Not all of them seems to have vests/bandolliers etc. I still test stuff, perhaps it's a mod conflict, just informing.

Cheers!

1. It's a possibility. Though tactical vests are more likely (for all factions) for crewmen.

2. This is also a possibility, so we'll see. :)

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

As for point no.3 the bug can be caused by some strange conflict with 2035 Russian Armed Forces mod.

3. I'll investigate. It could be caused by their CSAT replacement.

retextured press vests might make for a passable vest for crewmen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Damian90 said:

[snip]

[/snip]

Maybe have a separate Field Officer in plate and pot, leave the current officer as FOB/Camp counterpart?

• Like 3

With exams over, we're finally getting back into the swing of things (albeit slowly, I'm kind of burnt out admittedly). As a small teaser, here are new NATO desert infantry.

20180610140925_1.jpg

20180610132815_1.jpg

As you can probably guess, their camouflage is based off the MX magazine's digital pattern.

• Like 6

Very nice Night515!

Aah yes the good old exam days, so fun 0_o

• Like 1

20180612152019_1.jpg

Thanks to POLPOX for making this possible!

• Like 2

Dev branch changelog update!

Spoiler

• Added: G18 9 mm (variants)
 • Added: RFB 7.62 mm
 • Added: Tanker Coveralls (Green Hex) [CSAT]
 • Added: Tanker Coveralls [CSAT]
 • Added: Tanker Coveralls [NATO]
 • Added: Tanker Coveralls [Russia]
 • Tweaked: The FAL's ironsights were improved
 • Fixed: The Mi-48 Kajman's HE rounds were missing
 • Fixed: TI Goggles (Tropic) were invisible

• Like 4

Hiya Night

Just been having a play around with Aegis, and have noticed that you seem to have a couple of mod dependencies cooking off when maybe they shouldn't be.

I accidentally saved over my regular test mission  and upon opening it in EDEN without Aegis activated, noticed the dependency. I took a bit of time debugging, and there occurs an unwarranted dependency with the LIM-85 which I already had equipped upon a character. The dependency relates to this file: Arma 3 Aegis - Weapons and Accessories despite the LIM-85 showing as an Apex item in the Arsenal, so not sure what's happening there.

This issue also applies to facewear in the file: Arma 3 Aegis - Characters and Clothing, creating a dependency on any of what should be vanilla glasses shades, sports shades, Ladies Shades, Spectacles, Tactical Glasses, Aviators, Low-Profile Goggles

Weirdly Doesn't affect bandannas + shades or the rest of the goggles.

Anyway hope that helps debug. I know you change some of the vanilla gear, but figured this might not be intended behaviour or an oversight perhaps.

Cheers

E

• Like 1

I CANNOT wait for those desert fatigues. When will those be released?

• Like 1

Soon™

Aka when they're ready

• Like 2