On 3/12/2018 at 11:27 AM, flv*venom* said:

@Night515:

Quick question in regard to the Kamaz truck: Could it be turned into a sam vehicle? I think the AAF could realy use one. The AA Nyx is nice and all, but it is just a short range system. Altis actually lacks any sort of defence for aerial threats in the mid range sector. 

So, I was thinking about something like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SLAMRAAM

Just an FYI.. I had made sam systems using data links and "vehicles" with 360 degree radar coverage already - in my case, the RIM 162 Centurion data linked with a Praetorian (with ammo count set to zero). I placed a small radar object near the praetorian, and used the set texture command to make the praetorian invisible, and triggers so that the praetorian gets deleted if the small radar tower is destroyed.

The tanks DLC provides the recon nyx as an obvious stand-in for the small radar tower/praetorian. The Zamak MRL also does a decent job of looking like a SAM site, someone posted a video on youtube of this makeshift system:

It doesn't work as well as the centurion because it lacks a sensor display, and thus must be grouped to something that does, but its not a terrible option.

*if* Night515 wanted to add a mobile SAM, the new Zamak MRL looks more like a SAM launcher than his old MRL... but the old grad MRL should go to FIA or syndicat if its kept at all. I wouldn't mind an AA version of the new Zamak MRL, one that fires zephyr missiles (IMO, the RIM 162 missiles are quite potent, so I use zephyrs because they have a better chance of being defeated by CM) and has a sensor display (but no radar or IR sensor, just something to allow it to make use of a datalink)

On 3/20/2018 at 10:01 PM, Hvymtal said:

Easy solution would be to turn the Panther into an IFV by fitting a remote autocannon turret. If you go that route I advocate for a rapid fire 20mm cannon; little bit different from the other autocannon APCs and requires a bit more finesse to get the most out of. Something more bespoke, a CV90 if resources are available. For existing assets, The Bradley may be the overly obvious choice, but it's really the only one out there for NATO factions. The Marder, AMX-10P, or Puma are also good alternatives, with ze German vehicles already having some resources available if the respective owners permit it

That would be the easy solution for BI, and I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't do that, but its my understanding that the community (ie Night515) cannot modify the models of Arma 3 assets. Arma 2 assets have been made available for editing, but not arma 3. Its the same reason that Night515 can't give us a stealth and non stealth version of the AH-99 blackfoot (ie add stub wings with extra pylons/EFAMs to the non-stealth version)

The "easy" solutions, as I understand them, are to import models from Arma 2. IMO a BMP-3 would not be out of place in 2035, but wouldn't belong with NATO. The only tracked IFV assets that would belong with NATO from Arma 2, would be the Warrior (which was basically already ported by BI as the Mora), the M2/M3/M6 Bradleys, and the amphibious AAV.

While the Bradley was planned to be replaced, all the projects to make a replacement have been cancelled, so maybe it would fit in a 2035 setting, perhaps with an upgunned variant... although since you wanted a rapid fire 20mm cannon, the 25mm cannon of the bradley might please you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2018 at 7:07 AM, Ex3B said:

Just an FYI.. I had made sam systems using data links and "vehicles" with 360 degree radar coverage already - in my case, the RIM 162 Centurion data linked with a Praetorian (with ammo count set to zero). I placed a small radar object near the praetorian, and used the set texture command to make the praetorian invisible, and triggers so that the praetorian gets deleted if the small radar tower is destroyed.

The tanks DLC provides the recon nyx as an obvious stand-in for the small radar tower/praetorian. The Zamak MRL also does a decent job of looking like a SAM site, someone posted a video on youtube of this makeshift system:

It doesn't work as well as the centurion because it lacks a sensor display, and thus must be grouped to something that does, but its not a terrible option.

*if* Night515 wanted to add a mobile SAM, the new Zamak MRL looks more like a SAM launcher than his old MRL... but the old grad MRL should go to FIA or syndicat if its kept at all. I wouldn't mind an AA version of the new Zamak MRL, one that fires zephyr missiles (IMO, the RIM 162 missiles are quite potent, so I use zephyrs because they have a better chance of being defeated by CM) and has a sensor display (but no radar or IR sensor, just something to allow it to make use of a datalink)

That would be the easy solution for BI, and I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't do that, but its my understanding that the community (ie Night515) cannot modify the models of Arma 3 assets. Arma 2 assets have been made available for editing, but not arma 3. Its the same reason that Night515 can't give us a stealth and non stealth version of the AH-99 blackfoot (ie add stub wings with extra pylons/EFAMs to the non-stealth version)

The "easy" solutions, as I understand them, are to import models from Arma 2. IMO a BMP-3 would not be out of place in 2035, but wouldn't belong with NATO. The only tracked IFV assets that would belong with NATO from Arma 2, would be the Warrior (which was basically already ported by BI as the Mora), the M2/M3/M6 Bradleys, and the amphibious AAV.

While the Bradley was planned to be replaced, all the projects to make a replacement have been cancelled, so maybe it would fit in a 2035 setting, perhaps with an upgunned variant... although since you wanted a rapid fire 20mm cannon, the 25mm cannon of the bradley might please you.

The SAM truck is definitely a good idea, I'll keep it in mind. :)

Also I'll post some screens regarding the Russian forces soon.

• Like 1

I know this is a week late, but you forgot to include a changelog with the March 24 update

Thanks for the olive utility vehicles, though. You missed the HEMTT troop bed, still sand :)

• Like 1

On a somewhat less disappointing note, would an unarmed version of the bobcat be possible, possibly with an IDAP skin? Would be handy as a de-mining vehicle allowing more interesting gameplay options for IDAP

26 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

On a somewhat less disappointing note, would an unarmed version of the bobcat be possible, possibly with an IDAP skin? Would be handy as a de-mining vehicle allowing more interesting gameplay options for IDAP

Probably not, I can't see an NGO organization as small as IDAP using those.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Night515 said:

Probably not, I can't see an NGO organization as small as IDAP using those.

Isn't IDAP the armaverse equivalent of the International Red Cross? Quite big NGO if you ask me

1 minute ago, pipewr3nch said:

Isn't IDAP the armaverse equivalent of the International Red Cross? Quite big NGO if you ask me

IIRC it isn't, it's a smaller NGO according to Remnants of War, and Showcase IDAP.

Still, it's not exactly in good faith for the US Army to go into a humanitarian demining mission with guns strapped to their vehicles, and the Bobcat's excellent durability makes it a good vehicle for the task

1 minute ago, Hvymtal said:

Still, it's not exactly in good faith for the US Army to go into a humanitarian demining mission with guns strapped to their vehicles...

I'll think about doing an unarmed Bobcat then, maybe. For now you can use the following:

this animateSource ["HideTurret",1,true];

This should work, I think.

• Thanks 1

That'll be great for the next bit in my Duala series, thanks :)

• Like 1

We're finally getting close to an RC. To kick things off, have a cool lookin' Strider in olive camouflage. :)

fZFbZnd.jpg

Now for the actual content, we have a few new weapons.

L7nqNjv.jpg

Keep in mind, everything is WIP, but here's the current confirmed list:

• AK-107
  • AK-105
  • RG-6
  • RPK-107
  • SK-12
  • Vepr

Now for vehicles, they use primarily CSAT equipment for obvious reasons (since they're Russian in origin for the most part). The Angara isn't shown but will be included, I'm just waiting on samples for it; the Zamak and quad bike are also missing because I've yet to finish their textures.

MosQk1B.jpg

DuOS29v.jpg

hb8M8S2.jpg

Some less impressive drone textures (they aren't just the NATO ones I promise). Pelican is missing because of unfinished textures (I plan to do new textures for CSAT's Pacific forces, and NATO's Pacific and British forces too.)

q2dcRiU.jpg

Speedboat.

RmZaBD9.jpg

Helicopters just use the CSAT black textures for now.

0gjzWlu.jpg

And lastly, jets.

1gOA3qX.jpg

(tbh that Shikra gets me hard.)

That's all for now. :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

All good and well (esp jets)!

But IFV/SPAAG is belorussian

Spoiler

8bd3d1cs-960.jpg

and 6x6 APC is turkish

Spoiler

2082563_original.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bars91 said:

All good and well (esp jets)!

But IFV/SPAAG is belorussian

Hide contents

8bd3d1cs-960.jpg

and 6x6 APC is turkish

Reveal hidden contents

2082563_original.jpg

Lore-wise, the Kamysh is Russian, and the Marid was the best choice for them because A.) interior is in Russian, and B.) it's moderately similar in aesthetic to the Bumerang APC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Night515 said:

Lore-wise, the Kamysh is Russian, and the Marid was the best choice for them because A.) interior is in Russian, and B.) it's moderately similar to the Bumerang APC.

Yeah, I get that)))

Fun fact: BTR-90 from Arma2 would be actually fairly "appropriate".

It was a prototype and stuff, but it eventually was a basis (among other KamAz/Ural experiments) for the K-16 APC and K-17 IFV Boomerang platform systems. 

The unmanned IFV 30mm/ATGM turret mount is actually compatible w older turret mounts (BMP-2, BTR-90)

EDiT: BMP-2M manned turret mounted on K-17

Spoiler

Bumerang_K-17_IFV_8x8_Infantry_Fighting_

and on BTR-90

Spoiler

018.jpg

• Like 1

he was possibly considering it, especially as it does not look like it is a pic from Arma 3

• Like 1

Hey @Night515! Have you considered expanding the Navy aspect a little bit? With that I mean Navy skins for the UH-80 Ghosthawk and V-44X Blackfish, and maybe some kind of NWU for the Flight Deck Crew, as the vanilla ones use the helicopter pilot uniform. And as always, thank you for your awesome work!

Yes, the BTR-90M was something I was considering for this update (and it's still mostly on the table), but I wouldn't have enough time to get it into a working state (especially with the new PhysX updates). Not only that, but the interior is very tricky; trying to meld a BTR-90 and BMP-3's turret together; also it doesn't match the new interior's style. We'll see.

54 minutes ago, pipewr3nch said:

Hey @Night515! Have you considered expanding the Navy aspect a little bit? With that I mean Navy skins for the UH-80 Ghosthawk and V-44X Blackfish, and maybe some kind of NWU for the Flight Deck Crew, as the vanilla ones use the helicopter pilot uniform. And as always, thank you for your awesome work!

Not really, maybe in the future but we'll see.

• Like 1

Another small update; just waiting on the Angara's samples now.

Olive and Russian Quad Bikes.

20180331215003_1.jpg

New colorations for NATO's AL-6 Pelicans.

20180401121447_1.jpg

And a new CSAT coloration and Russian coloration.

20180401121504_1.jpg

Speaking of Russia, Zamaks.

20180401111853_1.jpg

• Like 4

I know you said Navy was not a priority right now, but I thought I'd leave a couple of relevant Navy Times articles for future reference

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/02/02/khakis-at-sea-the-navys-plan-for-a-new-operational-uniform/

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/02/02/the-navy-is-rolling-out-new-coveralls-finally/

With existing assets, a Medium Navy Blue retex of the "construction" coveralls or the heli coveralls would probably be the best one. For now, said blue construction coveralls are not a bad substitute for flight deck operations if you have a crew vest

Have to say, I'm more excited about the Russians than I thought I'd be, definitely nice they weren't just lumped in with the rest of CSAT. Will there be additional colorations as well or just the autumn/sever/transitional/I'm not that familiar with EMR variants set?

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

I know you said Navy was not a priority right now, but I thought I'd leave a couple of relevant Navy Times articles for future reference

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/02/02/khakis-at-sea-the-navys-plan-for-a-new-operational-uniform/

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/02/02/the-navy-is-rolling-out-new-coveralls-finally/

With existing assets, a Medium Navy Blue retex of the "construction" coveralls or the heli coveralls would probably be the best one. For now, said blue construction coveralls are not a bad substitute for flight deck operations if you have a crew vest

Have to say, I'm more excited about the Russians than I thought I'd be, definitely nice they weren't just lumped in with the rest of CSAT. Will there be additional colorations as well or just the autumn/sever/transitional/I'm not that familiar with EMR variants set?

Currently just desert and woodland variants, but new patterns will probably be added later on. :)

• Like 1

I've created Royal Navy units using Night515's new Gendarmie combat uniform and the police beret which I think work well.

lt9GYKMl.png

• Like 1

why cut BIS the c-192 out of the game, i mean for the AAF is it a perfect transport plane (they have nothing in this direction), i didnt understand that :/

they can transport infantry, fennek (strider), the pandur 2 (gorgon), the kamaz (zamak) serie also the ugv stomper (groundbased drone) and a lot of supply for the troops (amunition, repair and medical stuff) in really short time, unlike the heli supply flying ...

this is to Bohemian Interactive Studios, please put the C-192 in the vanilla Arma 3 :)

and this is to Bohemian Interactive Studios and the modder or modding team of Arma 3 Aegis Mod, good work, but i have a question, how move the AAF here heavy fighting vehicles (Tanks) to the big shooting range (military area) of Stratis ? ;D

it would be very cool when u guys can bring a mod, free plattform update out for adding a landing ship, that can be used as a example for other landing ship mods (Nato, Csat)

on altis and stratis there are so many beaches and seaports of course also on malden and specially tanoa with his ferrie ports

i mean landing ships like this: http://products.damen.com/en/ranges/landing-ship

than we have also a base of small maritime activities for Arma 3

my thread about that: