53 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Nah, I wasn't even suggesting CSAT carriers or larger VTOLs. The standard game doesn't give them any naval assets, and even if they had them, only the Helos and Xian work... but the editor gives enough flexibility.

Reveal hidden contents

ICBfqsD.jpg

The covered up US flag, and a chinese flag at the top is good enough for me. Triggers that activate when linked aircraft have a heading and speed,in a certain range and then lower the velocity work well enough for me:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

I'd just be happy with some MRAPs, or something similar, that can threaten NATO gorgons and Marshals. It could be a BRDM with an AT missile launcher (ie, port, for the Russia faction, from Arma 2), or Ifrits and Marids capable of firing 1.27x108mm APDS rounds.

NATO just seems really good compared to CSAT now when it comes to amphibious assault capabilities.

Amphibious vehicles for NATO:

Strider, Marshall, Gorgon

Amphibious vehicles for CSAT:

Marids

Airmobile combat vehicles for CSAT: Ifrit, Quilin

Airmobile for NATO: Prowler, Strider, Hunter, Marshal

If Ifrits and Marids can be firing APDS ammo from an automatic weapon, then they stand a much better chance against the amphibious and airmobile NATO units.

FYI, I don't know if my version of this mod is out of date (though I just reinstalled arma and the mod [via steam] about a month ago), but the CSAT buzzards don't have R73 and R77 missiles selectable in the editor (no big deal, can set pylons through the init).

and #2: The door miniguns of the ghosthawk and huron weren't working. Using the magazines command, it seemed that the vehicle had 2000Rnd_762x51_Belt_T_Red assigned to them, but it didn't seem to work in the guns. I did: this addMagazineTurret ["PylonWeapon_762x51_Belt_T_Red", [1]]; this addMagazineTurret ["PylonWeapon_762x51_Belt_T_Red", [2]]; (I  think I got those names right) - and they worked again, so again, not a huge deal, nothing "broken beyond repair".

Both issues are fixed internally. :)

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:25 AM, Night515 said:

We've thought about a potential ANZAC faction but no promises. The NSVT is a good idea that we might commit to, but we have no plans to give CSAT carriers or larger VTOLs.

I might have said this before, but if you need an ANZAC consultant, you know where to look. ;)

Lookin' forward to the latest updates mate, keep up the awesome work.

• Like 1

The next update is coming along nicely. Currently, I'm focusing on changes related to Tanks DLC and various improvements. For example, MBT missiles we're drastically improved with a new sound and particle effects instead of the current effects. Video when I get back, probably. :P

Russian forces are coming along nicely, most config is done and we're getting textures and models in order. Also, if anyone who knows configuration (PhysX is a bonus!) is interested in helping us out, it'd be massively appreciated. The main reason why vehicles we've added are so rough or barely functioning is lack of necessary skill (I'm the only person writing config and I'm not good at it, at all) and people to distribute work upon. So if anyone is interested, let me know!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SpartanViperz said:

Any chance of adding US flags to the Nato Helmets like they were in pre-alpha? Keep up the great work

Maybe for the dark/light paint helmets. No promises.

• Like 1

Don't Do It! NATO is more than just the USA! 

Also means the helmets can't be used for any generic (or simply non-american) units

• Like 5

Don't most of the vests have US flags anyhow ? , seems a bit over the top.

22 minutes ago, yevgeni89 said:

Don't most of the vests have US flags anyhow ? , seems a bit over the top.

Only 3 of the vests. The rest are patchless/british.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SpartanViperz said:

can you not just have some alternate versions which do? pleaseeeee!

There's enough variants as is unfortunately.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SpartanViperz said:

:(

Alternatively, perhaps look at learning how to do it yourself if you need them :f:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Alternatively, perhaps look at learning how to do it yourself if you need them :f:

I'm trying to learn basic config atm with a replacement pack for default NATO but I am very new to modding and am struggling with just this so if you could help me I would appreciate it: https://redd.it/81gpyh

Maybe in the future I'd be able to do something like this myself  but I don't have too much hope :/

On 12/24/2017 at 3:36 PM, Night515 said:

Heya! They're still in there:

Also sadly I can't change modify the actual model so no enhanced version. :(

Well, from what I can see the only difference in the model between normal and "enhanced" are gadgets unrelated to actual armor protection. Could there just be a slightly different skin on the helmet, and then you change the states (+armor and + weight?)

On the subject of infantry armor... its one of the areas where I feel the game is most unbalanced... I am not a fan of these armored body suits of CSAT, and a soldier wearing the viper special purpose suit with the special helmet and the carrier rig special is quite a bullet sponge, which is something I expect out of Halo, not Arma.... but I can deal with it in general. The issue I have is this:

CSAT forces can put on AAF and NATO armor to increase their protection, but AAF and NATO can't put on CSAT armors (exception for helmets) to increase their protection.

This is because CSAT's armor comes mainly in the form of their uniforms which are restricted (I guess players aren't allowed to commit that particular war crime). So to fix this "imbalance", I propose 3 non-mutually exclusive options:

1) Restricting usage of AAF and NATO body armor as though it were a uniform, ie CSAT soldiers can't put on a NATO carrier rig special (particularly the US flag variant).

2) Adding unarmored versions of CSAT uniforms that can be used in scenarios if the scenario maker wants to use them

3) Adding some "dragonskin-like" uniform body armor for NATO that can be used in scenarios of the scenario maker wants to use them.

I particularly like 1 and 2, I really dislike how CSAT pilots, snipers, etc get this basic armor just from their uniform that the other factions don't get. I also don't like how they are the only faction with body armor that protects agains arm and leg shots (which suggestion #3 addresses, but in a power-creep way).

And... another unrelated, probably easy to implement suggestion:

Allow the guns on the blackfish to lock on to laser targets, and the AI to engage said targets. I've really wanted to use CAS from an armed blackfish in a mission, but they don't perform very well. With a counterclockwise loiter waypoint of a 1.5km radius with an altitude of ~600, they do OK against light vehicle targets (like armed offroads), but they still fire pretty slowly, and basically just with the 40mm. If the gunners are made playable, the player can really light up the target area though.

I would love to have blackfish firing at laser targets. I think it could be pretty awesome a blackfish would open up with its 20mm gatling and 40mm guns on an area that the player lases.

6 hours ago, Ex3B said:

This is because CSAT's armor comes mainly in the form of their uniforms which are restricted (I guess players aren't allowed to commit that particular war crime). So to fix this "imbalance", I propose 3 non-mutually exclusive options:

I think it actually has something to do with limitations in the game engine. Uniforms are linked to a specific unit/soldier, so when you put on one, you're not changing clothes, you're literally changing soldiers in a sense.

• Like 1

But you can change uniforms, as long as its from blufor to blufor, or opfor to opfor.

Civilians can put on any uniform or clothes that they want... so its not a game engine limitation. I think I recall reading a post a few days ago about how the limitation preventing belligerents from wearing the uniform of other sides can be removed.

4 hours ago, Ex3B said:

But you can change uniforms, as long as its from blufor to blufor, or opfor to opfor.

Civilians can put on any uniform or clothes that they want... so its not a game engine limitation. I think I recall reading a post a few days ago about how the limitation preventing belligerents from wearing the uniform of other sides can be removed.

Again, it's something the devs limited. I don't recall the entirety of the reason why, but I would check the feedback tracker as it's been posted a couple times on there with explanations.

But:

#1) Its not an engine limitation

#2) I didn't propose removing the limitation

It seems the side of a uniform can be changed in the config, so its not so hard. I wonder if that can be applied to vests too. If it can't then I guess only my suggestions 2 and 3 are valid.

7 hours ago, Victruso said:

Again, it's something the devs limited. I don't recall the entirety of the reason why, but I would check the feedback tracker as it's been posted a couple times on there with explanations.

It was limited likely because the Geneva Convention forbids using combat uniforms of the enemy. 

2 hours ago, Ex3B said:

But:

#1) Its not an engine limitation

#2) I didn't propose removing the limitation

It seems the side of a uniform can be changed in the config, so its not so hard. I wonder if that can be applied to vests too. If it can't then I guess only my suggestions 2 and 3 are valid.

Indeed it is not impossible. Haleks has a old, old mod that can be found here that does this.

6 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

It was limited likely because the Geneva Convention forbids using combat uniforms of the enemy. 

I read that that is the excuse, but the real reason is they couldn't get the AI to behave in a way that was good for gameplay, as far as when it detects the ruse.

Also, wearing enemy uniforms per se is not forbidden under the Geneva conventions. It can be part of a permitted ruse de guerre as long as the combatants drop the ruse and display their flag/affiliation prior to engaging in combat. It is "permitted" (ie, not a war crime) to wear enemy uniforms to sneak around, but not to fight while wearing those uniforms.

If they were really concerned with following the convention, your weapon would just be disabled when wearing a uniform that doesn't correspond with your side. You'd need to first takeoff the uniform (I forget if you'd also need to put on your uniform, or some clothes/flag that identify you as a combatant)

5 hours ago, Ex3B said:

...as long as the combatants drop the ruse and display their flag/affiliation prior to engaging in combat.

'I say - you there! Yes you! I want to fight you now - I am in fact your enemy in disguise!' ....*runs to bush to get changed*

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Yeah, I remember seeing that in the FB tracker, then

13 hours ago, Ex3B said:

-snip-

this guy followed up with this.

God only knows how good its gonna be in the next sequel a decade or so from now!

Hello again! Nothing interesting to show but lots to tell.

First off, I started a poll on the Aegis discord regarding NATO's coaxile MGs. The 6.5 mm MGs will now be replaced with .338 coaxile SPMGs.

We're going to use the vanilla cannon ATGMs, and the Slammer and Kuma now have HEAT rounds alongside HE and APFSDS. The Slammer UP has lost the ability to fire ATGMs.

The olive reskins were removed as better ones were added with Tanks DLC. The Hunter, HEMTT, Quad Bike, and UGV Stomper reskins remain for now.

The Zamak LRS was removed as BIS has added the Zamak MRL.

Also I'm planning on reskinning the tanker clothes for NATO and CSAT once the DLC is decrypted.

That's mostly it for now. :)

• Like 5