19 hours ago, broduz said:

wondering if it would be possible to get some SF Combat Uniforms for NATO faction; in MTP, Tropical, and Woodland?

like a mix and match of Kerry's uniform and the Gendarmarie uniform with existing textures. I coded the ones in the picture as an example

-snip-

Wait, so the button up shirt actually has two hiddenselections?

Also, what line did you use to get the shemagh on some of the units?

(Small) SITREP time!

Today's report brings an entirely new gender to the table!

Spoiler

That's right, Apache attack helicopter! Totally not a dead meme by now...

The AH-1 Navajo is used by NATO's British forces and AAF (digital camouflage version soon). It's currently in an alpha-beta state, but works! Just gotta tone down that glass shine. :P

MkFOlie.jpg

WxezAhi.jpg

Next update will come within November!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Victruso said:

Wait, so the button up shirt actually has two hiddenselections?

Also, what line did you use to get the shemagh on some of the units?

Yes lol the gendarmerie uniform with the crye pants is basically the same as Kerry's worn uniform but without gloves

I've found that my hidden selection lines only work with Night515's mod. See the spoiler tabs below.

Also, the shemagh is from Night515's awesome mod here :) you can just use the editor

Kerry's Uniform (Desert) + Black Shirt

Spoiler

this setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "\a3\characters_f\blufor\data\clothing1_co.paa"];

Kerry's Uniform (Tropical) + Green Checkered Shirt

Spoiler

this setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "\A3\Characters_F_Aegis\BLUFOR\Data\U_BT_Soldier_F_tna_CO.paa"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\A3\Characters_F_Gamma\Guerrilla\Data\ig_guerrilla2_2_co.paa"];

Gendarmarie Uniform (Desert) + Black & White Shirt

Spoiler

this setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "\a3\characters_f\blufor\data\clothing1_co.paa"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\A3\Characters_F_Exp\Syndikat\Data\U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_4_F_1_co.paa"];

Gendarmarie Uniform (Tropical) + Dark Green Shirt

Spoiler

this setObjectTextureGlobal [1, "\A3\Characters_F_Aegis\BLUFOR\Data\U_BT_Soldier_F_tna_CO.paa"];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "\A3\Characters_F_Exp\Syndikat\Data\U_I_C_Soldier_Para_3_F_1_co.paa"];

• Like 1

Ah, thanks for that.

The more textures I can change, the merrier.

SITREP time!

Some progress since the last few SITREPs! There's still stuff I've yet to show but here's some stuff 'till then.

New vehicles for the NATO Atlantic Forces! (It's no Eurofighter but the Gryphon will do.)

5NXGvwq.jpg

9AUg5t0.jpg

Two new vehicles, Hyena and Goliath, are being worked on as well.

OyoTcIt.png

Seen above is the Hyena, which will serve as the NATO Atlantic and AAF light strike vehicle.

Carrier Lite (UK MTP) and variants.

gVKPrDF.jpg

xFMLIuf.jpg

LBV Harness (Sand) and variants.

dQlmByg.jpg

New textures for the police uniform!

4IDDpem.jpg

Rangemaster Cap (Grey)

MxJqE3i.jpg

Rangemaster Cap (Tan)

UCa47F5.jpg

Several new headgear and facewear options!

CsS347e.jpg

9dTo7PE.jpg

qlthW3D.jpg

There is of course more to come! Next release is sometime this month! :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Awwww yiiisshhhh, an Apache....

FWIW, I made a relatively simple sector control map that requires Aegis and the Atlas LHD (with the ATLAS_Weapons.pbo deleted so it doesn't screw up ASRAAMs):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1195264717

Some lines in the init fields do undo some of the Aegis changes (marshal's gun goes back to a 40mm, the blackfoot ammo count goes back up). I thought somebody might like to take a look at the combination some Aegis  assets + LHDs, without using CUP

Spoiler

Its "simple" in that its just a sector control map, but the sectors are all over Tanoa. AAF is non-playable, but starts in control of all the sectors, with AI defending them all. Soo... initially Blufor and Opfor could work together to take AAF sectors to stop ticket bleed caused by AAF holding >2/3rds of the sectors.

Both sides start on LHDs nearly 50km away from each other with Tanoa in the middle. Players respawn on the LHDs, no vehicles respawn except 1x MH-9 Hummingbird for Blufor, and 1 M-900 for Opfor. 

Blufor has 1x Blackfish, so if its lost early, they'll have no way of delivering their marshals to Tanoa.

Opfor has special Ifrits with a black body that can't carry passengers, but do pack a 30mm cannon as an answer to the Blufor Marshals.

Scattered around the island are additional vehicles with dynamic simulation on, which can be used. In particular, there are military vehicles at the airports/airstrips, including Buzzards and Gryphons. These may be particularly valuable for Opfor to seize, as the Xians aren't likely to do well against the F-35s of Blufor (Bluefor is now packing 7x F-35s, 6 below deck, 1 on the deck)

Various supply boxes are also available on each LHD to be airlifted where needed. In the "island" of each LHD is a supply box with "virtual" storage, so infantry equipment is unlimited unlike vehicles and their supplies

20171110161339_1.jpg

Jackal/Hyenas! These will be used by the NATO Atlantic Forces and AAF. The FIA has also managed to get ahold of a few!

• Like 9

Hmmm... if you're still doing more ports of arma 2 content, and not just for the Ruskies but also NATO, any chance of the Striker MGS?

As far as my earlier comments about the warfare 50 vs the lynx, the difference isn't such a big deal between the standard ammo. Its really just the APDS ammo for the lynx that makes these two guns so unequal. The ADPS ammo does seem a bit too potent though. Taking out the engine of a MRAP in a single hit? Taking down the armored turret of the Marshal (need to test the Mora)... that APDS can even give you mobility kills against MBTs. Maybe tone it down an then add APDS ammo for the warfar 50 as well.

1 minute ago, Ex3B said:

Hmmm... if you're still doing more ports of arma 2 content, and not just for the Ruskies but also NATO, any chance of the Striker MGS?

As far as my earlier comments about the warfare 50 vs the lynx, the difference isn't such a big deal between the standard ammo. Its really just the APDS ammo for the lynx that makes these two guns so unequal. The ADPS ammo does seem a bit too potent though. Taking out the engine of a MRAP in a single hit? Taking down the armored turret of the Marshal (need to test the Mora)... that APDS can even give you mobility kills against MBTs. Maybe tone it down an then add APDS ammo for the warfar 50 as well.

No plans for a Stryker MGS as the Stryker platform as a whole has been replaced by the AMV-7 Marshall platform by 2035.

I'll look into adding .50 BMG APDS but no promises.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 10:17 PM, Night515 said:

Jackal/Hyenas! These will be used by the NATO Atlantic Forces and AAF. The FIA has also managed to get ahold of a few!

Oh I'm gonna enjoy this one! Old british vehicles used by FIA forces instead of those offroad trucks in assaults will be an interesting surprise for the opposing forces :D

Loving the small details you added like those bags! Still wondering when BI will employ you :P Keep up the awesome work!

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted image
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Night515 said:

No plans for a Stryker MGS as the Stryker platform as a whole has been replaced by the AMV-7 Marshall platform by 2035.

Its really a shame that BI doesn't allow the arma 3 assets to be modified. The AMV-7 is supposed to be a Armored Modular Vehicle, with a variety of different variations/turret modules. As I mentioned in a previous post, the real world vehicle that the AMV is modeled after does have a variant with a 105mm gun. The 30mm/40mm/AT missiles of other IFVs are nice to be sure... but it would be nice to have a direct-fire support vehicle that just carries a big gun, without having to go all the way to a MBT. Its a gameplay niche that is lacking.

Just a little nitpick... if the AMV is replacing all the wheeled IFV designs, why did you do NATO skins for the gorgon ?

Spoiler

I'm guessing its because it was already in the game files, and all you had to do was tint it green for the pacific NATO forces:

640?cb=20170722203043

There's still room in the lore to say that lesser powers are using old ones... like I don't think there'd be a lore/story conflict with the AAF acquiring old Strikers, maybe FIA knew where some were left as scrap, and restored them,  even syndicate could somehow end up with some if the strikers were sold around the world to various organizations that may be more prone to corruption or having things simply "go missing".. etc etc

• Like 1

The "Axiom" update is nearly upon us!

I'm ironing out the last few issues (missing placeholder UI, missing backpacks, minor equipment changes and consistency) and what not currently. Keep in mind some assets like the Jackal and Navajo in particular are WIP, though still usable. Expect some issues though. The changelog is rather lengthy for this update and not all changes were recorded - but there's a lot!

Also I finally gave in. :P

RIP SF TRG-20: 2012 - 2017

20171111210524_1.jpg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Davewinkleman said:

Wait so all the other NATO nations (Spain, France, Poland etc) are gonna be released in the next update?

Some of the major ones relevant to the 2035 setting. :)

Specifically:

• Czech Republic

• France

• Germany

• Italy

• Netherlands

• Norway

• Poland

• Spain

Release day is November 30th.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Night515 said:

Release day is November 30th.

that's mighty brave of you, I could never commit myself like that lol.

• Like 3

Until it's actually out there, everything is subject to change, dates included. There's a reason most creators go with "Soon(tm)" and "When it's Done." treat it as an estimate and not an affirmative date, things can go wrong even, nay especially during upload

• Like 3

Truth be told, update is actually pretty much ready. I decided however, that I'd delay for Tac Ops to cram in some last minute changes and additions. A few new uniforms and gear, new faction - CSAT (African) - and some minor changes to CSAT's gear (helmet and vest colors, weapon colors, etc).

CSAT's African Forces (Scimitar Regiment) - whom made their debut in Tac-Ops DLC - are iller equipped than their Chinese and Iranian counterparts. Sneak peek:

20171114212040_1.jpg

Gear is subject to change and they will receive some helmets.

Another sneak peek...

20171114234958_1.jpg

Hope y'all like this short tease. This is the largest update yet, so large we're going into beta!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Tweaked: Apex Expansion data are now decrypted and downloaded to all users (Content Licensing applies) 

Soo... :drinking2:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bars91 said:

Soo... :drinking2:

Most of it has been decrypted for a while, this is just the Tanoa related stuff. :)

A new optional file will be made available alongside Aegis's release. This simply replaces CSAT's NVGs with those from Apex, and arms some FIA units with AKs and RPGs.

20171124142827_1.jpg

1 hour ago, DruidicRifleman said:

Any chance of a desert/multicam CTRG stealth uniform suit

No plans for such.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Night515 said:

...and arms some FIA units with AKs and RPGs.

^^ :rthumb: 

• Like 3

AK-Armed FIA sounds like awesome! No militant group can properly call itself an insurgency without AKs, those TAR-21s always bugged me.

• Like 4