The Jets DLC did indeed add AAF and CSAT (or more like OD and brown tan) versions of the static defences/ CIWS) 

You can find them in Arsenal as alternate textures. 

• Like 2

After playing a bit with Aegis I got a bunch of suggestions and observations! Its a really enjoyable mod. I'm probably the new guy so I would embrace the 2035 setting and a mod like this is great! 

The MX sound change is awesome by the way. Now when I shoot the MX it feels like a real gun. Forget M4s and AKs, Katibas and MX's just need those sweet new sounds :P

Riot police uniform model is one of a kind! Fits really well with the broken shape of Altis and its poor mans riot.

(Russians disappeared, I think they are having those AKs and then they will reappear ;D)

The red tape thing seems a little bit odd for the riot responders, Maybe its part of the model? A desaturated blue could be used as a way to distinguish them from the militias.

Those airliners are a static beauty, When assaulting the airport full of NATO forces and having to hide using the airplanes, Or perhaps sneaking in at night hugging the airplanes. Planting a bomb and running the hell out!

A few ideas:

The offroad for the Riot is although, Mobile. Pretty weak for a first responder in riots. Maybe you could utilize the Arma 2s SUV, Making the windows sort of bullet proof and the car itself blue/white (desaturated blue) if you want of course! porting vehicles are very hard! You could use a SUV/Hatchback as last resort. 

don't know if CUP made the riot shield pistol or ported it but if they ported it. Then maybe you could port it, Retexture the shield to have the Altian state logo. And then you have a fully fledged awesome riot guys for a 2024 coup scenario!

Oh and something I always thought would be cool. But had no idea on where to retexture it: Black H-Barriers. Just optional one, Not too black but just greyish. The dirt would be the same colour but using it to fortify secret positions on a dark night or next to a massive rock formation. Just an optional idea if your bored!

If you fancy giving the CSAT spec ops some new weapons, Like the tan katiba you could make a Hex katiba! I already have a hex katiba made and ready to be used. If you need it just hit me up :D I'm sure you could use it colour picking the colours and making your own splendid hex template!

Cheers night for your great work and contribution! Aegis is my favourite mod of Arma 3, And it wont change :D

3 hours ago, Ex3B said:

I thought there were Opfor and Independent versions of those AA turrets in vanilla? They'd look a bit out of place off of a ship though IMO.

Unfortunately BI didn't add any AA assets with the Jets DLC other than the carrier turrets so that are the only usable and working assets at the moment. They should be fairly easy to retexture. Of course ported or completely new models would be the best but it's a huge amount of work. I was trying to suggest easy options that could be reached with little work but still add content that would fill in current gaps in the vanilla lineup. :)

4 hours ago, Cydoemus said:

After playing a bit with Aegis I got a bunch of suggestions and observations! Its a really enjoyable mod. I'm probably the new guy so I would embrace the 2035 setting and a mod like this is great! 

The MX sound change is awesome by the way. Now when I shoot the MX it feels like a real gun. Forget M4s and AKs, Katibas and MX's just need those sweet new sounds :P

Riot police uniform model is one of a kind! Fits really well with the broken shape of Altis and its poor mans riot.

(Russians disappeared, I think they are having those AKs and then they will reappear ;D)

The red tape thing seems a little bit odd for the riot responders, Maybe its part of the model? A desaturated blue could be used as a way to distinguish them from the militias.

Those airliners are a static beauty, When assaulting the airport full of NATO forces and having to hide using the airplanes, Or perhaps sneaking in at night hugging the airplanes. Planting a bomb and running the hell out!

A few ideas:

The offroad for the Riot is although, Mobile. Pretty weak for a first responder in riots. Maybe you could utilize the Arma 2s SUV, Making the windows sort of bullet proof and the car itself blue/white (desaturated blue) if you want of course! porting vehicles are very hard! You could use a SUV/Hatchback as last resort. 

don't know if CUP made the riot shield pistol or ported it but if they ported it. Then maybe you could port it, Retexture the shield to have the Altian state logo. And then you have a fully fledged awesome riot guys for a 2024 coup scenario!

Oh and something I always thought would be cool. But had no idea on where to retexture it: Black H-Barriers. Just optional one, Not too black but just greyish. The dirt would be the same colour but using it to fortify secret positions on a dark night or next to a massive rock formation. Just an optional idea if your bored!

If you fancy giving the CSAT spec ops some new weapons, Like the tan katiba you could make a Hex katiba! I already have a hex katiba made and ready to be used. If you need it just hit me up :D I'm sure you could use it colour picking the colours and making your own splendid hex template!

Cheers night for your great work and contribution! Aegis is my favourite mod of Arma 3, And it wont change :D

Thanks for the suggestions! ^^

The riot police uniform definitely needs some texture tweaks which I plan to do with the next update. Also thanks regarding the airliners, they're from TOH however so I don't really deserve much credit for 'em lol, still gotta fix up the models however. Also, the riot police have Hunter MRAPs for that reason. :)

I still gotta finish the Tan Katiba, but I'll see about other skins too! Camo is just tricky because I don't have the actual model to make sure it's seamless and stuff. ;P

• Like 1

SITREP time!

Civilians are being overhauled, bringing to the total count for civilian clothes to 90 - this including some FIA and Syndikat options. There're also some new units, like functionaries.

bXFbY4n.jpg

Functionary Clothes (variants)

sxKXhJl.jpg

Bucket Hat (Tan)

mNQQLkl.jpg

Beanie (No Headset)

JWIlsLL.jpg

Stealth Balaclava (Sand)

2ipZlcn.jpg

Shooter Shades

TJeRKE6.jpg

Combat Helmet (UK MTP, Ballistic Mandible)

PHd5IdL.jpg

Some flags.

gWTtbt5.jpg

Two new liveries for the Quad Bike and Offroad.

H4uNibt.jpg

Tractor - heavy WIP

FlQlF6l.jpg

A few other small changes to existing assets, such as the Small Boat getting an option to remove the plastic roof.

oJ90qjB.jpg

Military medical vehicles were also changed around. The lighter WY-55 Hellcat and PO-30 Orca medevacs were removed (hidden, technically), and the CH-49 Mohawk (Medical) was added for the AAF and NATO (Atlantic) factions. Textures for the Ghost Hawk and APCs were also improved.

O5qhxTZ.jpg

I'm thinking about doing an EH302 (Medical) variant, too.

There were also a few other changes made over the last few days, like me finally getting around to fixing up the C-192's sounds.

And that's all for now! Dev branch update later tonight!

• Like 9

On 9/29/2017 at 0:53 AM, jarrad96 said:

The Jets DLC did indeed add AAF and CSAT (or more like OD and brown tan) versions of the static defences/ CIWS) 

You can find them in Arsenal as alternate textures. 

Hadn´t noticed that! I believe these weren´t in the JETs DLC the day it released as I remember checking. Must have missed the SITREP were it was mentioned. The green one looks fairly ok... almost as a NASAMs... if you squint and try to unsee the whatnots on top of them. :) Anyway, any other AA assets or a deployable working radar mast would be cool. :)

hu5UzGT.png

40 minutes ago, Phantom Hawk said:

How did you get the green and sand skins on the MK21s can you give us the code?

In Eden, right click on the turret and click "edit vehicle appearance", look under textures and you'll find the two other liveries.

• Like 1

Since CSAT/AAF versions of the carrier defenses have been brought up...

The carrier is a static yet functional object. Its "side" is essentially determined by the "side" of the static defenses placed upon it. However, CSAT lacks any jet that can really use it. * it seems all the jets can use the catapult to launch, but they have no tailhooks to allow them to land.

Maybe a carrier capable version of the Shikra is in order... perhaps "gimped" a bit as a result of modifications for carrier use (suggestions: slightly less stealthy or not as fast/maneuverable or -1 internal weapon station, or no internal gun... etc).

Arma 3 islands are quite small for jet on jet combat. If one wanted to make a scenario where 2 sides have bases with jets and other stuff, the jets will be so close together and the map so cramped, it would probably be determined by the first jet to get airborn and get in a good bombing/strafing run.

I was playing around with Tanoa and the LHD+F-38s (also works with the F-181s and the USS Freedom) placed as far out to sea as possible, and a CSAT base on the north western most island/airfield... but it would be nice to be able to give them a base that is also far out to sea in the other direction ... but they can't really use the USS freedom, without also making them use black wasps.

Soooo. maybe a To-201N Shikra version? (CSAT carrier reskin too?)

19 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Hadn´t noticed that! I believe these weren´t in the JETs DLC the day it released as I remember checking. Must have missed the SITREP were it was mentioned. The green one looks fairly ok... almost as a NASAMs... if you squint and try to unsee the whatnots on top of them. :) Anyway, any other AA assets or a deployable working radar mast would be cool. :)

hu5UzGT.png

Ok, I originally said in this thread that there were AAF and CSAT versions of these turrets... but now I can't seem to find out how to place them (didn't try with Aegis loaded, I thought it was present in vanilla), I could, of course, change the skins. These turrets dont seem to allow "group to" which I can use for manned stuff to change a blue to a red by grouping a blue to a red and then deleting the red.

20 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Ok, I originally said in this thread that there were AAF and CSAT versions of these turrets... but now I can't seem to find out how to place them (didn't try with Aegis loaded, I thought it was present in vanilla), I could, of course, change the skins. These turrets dont seem to allow "group to" which I can use for manned stuff to change a blue to a red by grouping a blue to a red and then deleting the red.

You can change the side of the turret by placing an empty "yellow" turret and then placing a CSAT or AAF soldier besides it and then "dropping" him into the turret.

Edit: And if you want a bigger map for airborne operations this is pretty good with decent frames:

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, Night515 said:

Two new liveries for the Quad Bike and Offroad.

Those liveries look real fitting for a guerrilla force, Nicely done Night! :D

For some reason it gives me a CSAT vibe. Except with two colours as a replacement. Kinda wondering how the FIA never took inspiration from AAF/CSAT trucks and paint a sloppy pattern to confuse their enemy. (Might confuse themselves too)

The shooter shades is awesome! Pitting it with a normal NATO soldier looks swell instead of the sort of unappealing shades

Keep up the great work night! Nice update as usual! (Big feeling that the next update will bring back my favorite army, Russia :D)

Oh and I'm loving the magnitude post process! Gives it a good greek feel, Could we see another post process in the future? (Alpha like, No idea why but alpha had my win for the best post process one)

Related image

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2017 at 2:20 PM, Cydoemus said:

Those liveries look real fitting for a guerrilla force, Nicely done Night! :D

For some reason it gives me a CSAT vibe. Except with two colours as a replacement. Kinda wondering how the FIA never took inspiration from AAF/CSAT trucks and paint a sloppy pattern to confuse their enemy. (Might confuse themselves too)

The shooter shades is awesome! Pitting it with a normal NATO soldier looks swell instead of the sort of unappealing shades

Keep up the great work night! Nice update as usual! (Big feeling that the next update will bring back my favorite army, Russia :D)

Oh and I'm loving the magnitude post process! Gives it a good greek feel, Could we see another post process in the future? (Alpha like, No idea why but alpha had my win for the best post process one)

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do regarding future post processing. :)

• Like 1

SITREP time!

New OPFOR faction - Bandits

lCYW9nB.jpg

New Independent faction - Kabeiroi

3SbUNkn.jpg

Both being based off the Operation Magnitude lore from 2011.

Offroads for the paramilitary faction

Cn241Ir.jpg

Paint it black!

jwUjNWQ.jpg

(There's armed variants added for Raven)

Speaking of Raven, they've once again been overhauled - new equipment

ksyWh79.jpg

As were the Paramilitary faction - new equipment

MJ9b9E2.jpg

Every faction should have backpacks now

2IGNdP9.jpg

Small extra for your carrier needs! - Navy Uniform [NATO]

wX64DSx.jpg

(Yes it's Australian GPU worn by US Navy personnel shush)

Next update should come most likely towards the end of the month, Russians won't be included just yet as they'll require some more love, first. Small teaser though!

psOIeej.jpg

Keep in mind I'm not going for super realism here, go check out the excellent 2035: Russian Armed Forces mod or RHS for that. :P

Hope y'all enjoy! There's even more to come, and a bit of stuff I haven't revealed yet. ;)

• Like 11

Man those Russians look sick! My favorite country, weapon and language all in a new update soon :D Russians are lucky people :) Especially that helmet!

The NATO navy outfit is a nice touch to a friendly carrier assault or defence, I like it!

Keep up the amazing work Night I can't wait to see what else you got for us :D

• Like 1

A lot of progress with this update!

UAV Bags for the Pacific and Atlantic factions

epfQDKG.jpg

Completely redone classic livery for the F-38 Thunderbolt

192QwNj.jpg

New livery for the F-38 Thunderbolt

qCn3GjP.jpg

More Prowlers for CTRG, Viper, and light versions for the regular factions

dDYPtqZ.jpg

And a few extra units for the NATO and NATO (Pacific) factions...

20171014153926_1.jpg

20171014153912_1.jpg

There are also a few new color variants of vests and uniforms which I'm too lazy to take pictures for. :P

• Like 7

Love the new F-38 textures.

CUP has updated their F-35, but your textures were already better. Despite adding most of what I wanted (stealth variant, dynamic loadouts), they still make it STOVL only instead of VTOL. This inability to hover taxi on a LHD deck kills its appeal to me over your F-38.

Also... the editor gets very cluttered with CUP vehicles+dependencies loaded... even more so with CUP and Aegis... so Aegis all the way.

• Like 1

Small update!

Black livery for the AH-99 Blackfoot

A3DJztR.jpg

Zamak Transports now in Green Hex!

niMu7UU.jpg

And the Zamak Repair variant should receive a Green Hex livery in the next update too. :)

• Like 2

Black for the blackfoot = awesome

Any chance of a jungle "blufor" skin for the zamak ammo? By bluefor I mean at least not CSAT/AAF. For missions, it goes well with the blufor Blackfish (its the only aircraft+ammo truck combination that works). For making missions with the LHD, ammo trucks are nice because they can be stored below deck, but vehicle ammo crates for sling-loading by helos would have to sit on the top deck and clutter things.

For the moment in my LHD template, I've got FIA camo zamak ammos. Its arid camo though, but its better than looking like the enemy. You can see in my pics from a previous post that for the other zamaks I just used a particular civy color scheme (blue cab, blue cab green back for the repair version)

• Like 2

i would love to see some Altis SWAT unit,maybe give it the urban camo that the one FIA t-shirt is using 

@Night515

A small suggestion. Can a NATO (Pacific) which is based on British Armed Forces, receive the same armored vehicles as rest of NATO, or in general entire NATO, as in Armaverse, as per 2035 NATO unified it's equipment and weapons systems, especially if we consider heavy vehicles, to the single standard. So they should have M2A1 Slammer tanks, IFV-6c Panther APC's etc.

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

@Night515

A small suggestion. Can a NATO (Pacific) which is based on British Armed Forces, receive the same armored vehicles as rest of NATO, or in general entire NATO, as in Armaverse, as per 2035 NATO unified it's equipment and weapons systems, especially if we consider heavy vehicles, to the single standard. So they should have M2A1 Slammer tanks, IFV-6c Panther APC's etc.

I'll see what I can do but NATO hasn't actually unified its equipment; a bit of it is probably shared (like uniforms and gear, or the Slammer just because it's so widespread) but there's still differences among them. For instance, during Arma 3's 2012 development period the AAF was supposed to be the HAF, and they had the same gear as they did now despite being NATO. CSAT has meanwhile, though some nations still use imported equipment (such as the Iranian C-192) or homegrown stuff (like the Fenghuang, which is unique to China). Currently there aren't any plans for Pacific Brits but the regular British faction can be expanded.