The SA80 is excellent in all respects. I really like that camo painted versions. Having the icons where they were formerly missing is great. And the ACOG is quite nice too, though I noticed an issue with the RDS, its dot is showing when not aiming.

pGolYqU.jpg

• Like 2

More British camouflages?

Gugghghahghahahahgfhahsh.

A good camouflage to add would be a nation-neutral variation (a uniform with no flags) of the Scorpion camo from the original VSM pack, it's a pretty sweet camouflage but sadly Van has either discontinued his work or his newer work is taking so long to develop that there is no point waiting for him to finish the first pack. Either way, it would be a fairly decent reference.

2 hours ago, CommanderCharms said:

A good camouflage to add would be a nation-neutral variation (a uniform with no flags) of the Scorpion camo from the original VSM pack, it's a pretty sweet camouflage but sadly Van has either discontinued his work or his newer work is taking so long to develop that there is no point waiting for him to finish the first pack. Either way, it would be a fairly decent reference.

I know he stopped working on the VSM Gear Pack V1, and even his newer uniforms have inconsistencies with mass and how much they can carry.

Hotfix

07-18-2017

• Fixed: ACE is no longer required

I'm incompetent lol.

7 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

The SA80 is excellent in all respects. I really like that camo painted versions. Having the icons where they were formerly missing is great. And the ACOG is quite nice too, though I noticed an issue with the RDS, its dot is showing when not aiming.

Thanks! And yeeep, still trying to figure out that RDS. Scope optics will also change, and will be similar to the MOS in that you can see around the scope.

5 hours ago, CommanderCharms said:

I'd liked to have added Scorpion but I couldn't get the colors right. Not only that but to me it didn't seem that necessary. Uniforms with no flags are possible, though.

• Like 1

How about attaching Air Force markings to CSAT aircraft and helicopters?

For example, CSAT aircraft marking the Iranian Air Force and PLA Air Force marking to CSAT (Pacific) aircraft.

Spoiler

1920px-Chinese_Su-27.JPG

20 minutes ago, AC 130 said:

How about attaching Air Force markings to CSAT aircraft and helicopters?

For example, CSAT aircraft marking the Iranian Air Force and PLA Air Force marking to CSAT (Pacific) aircraft.

Probably not, the most I'll do is add CSAT insignias like Shikra's but that's very unlikely.

Time for a teaser or two or three or four!

"OwO What's this" you might be asking (probably not though), well it's uh... stuff.

First off, a quick peak at a new vehicle that is not coming with the next update:

The V-22 Osprey VTOL! With two camouflage textures and two variants, much like the Blackfish. This will of course be a NATO asset, seating up to 24 passengers. The vehicle transport variant meanwhile can't carry much apart from quad bikes or ammo crates and the likes.

FKYafdA.jpg

Next up, content that will be included with the next update!

Punisher 25 mm Airburst Grenade Launcher. Just note that with this next update, the airburst function isn't working yet, but everything else is. Textures also heavy WIP (they're different than the ones in the screenshot below).

N79ZpAJ.jpg

Three new camouflage variants for NATO Atlantic Forces (yeah three I pulled a fast one on you guys), DDPM, DPM, and Urban.

34SxtsV.jpg

The Urban MTP variant being a tribute to an Arma 2 mod by Slatts.

zeprsyK.jpg

And lastly, a new faction: UCPT, which is an OPFOR faction supported by the Iranian component of CSAT. Their arsenal, while limited, mainly consists of donated weaponry and vehicles. The paramilitary functions as a police force. The faction itself doesn't really fit with the current timeline but it's from the old 2011 timeline so w/e.

TIlMhTw.jpg

I probably shouldn't do these kind of posts when I'm tired.

• Like 9

Update time!~

0COUf07.jpg

qEEULO4.jpg

ihAZuJA.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy all the new stuff. :3

27-07-2017

• Added: Punisher 25 mm Grenade Launcher (airburst isn't functional currently, and doesn't show up in arsenal for some reason - working on that)
  • Added: UCPT faction (infantry only currently)
  • Added: Heavy Grenadier for NATO faction
  • Added: Desert and Woodland infantry for NATO Atlantic Forces
  • Added: MSE-3 Marid, PO-30 Orca for the Clouds faction
  • Added: Hunter, Offroad, Prowler for the Flames faction
  • Added: Desert, Woodland, and Urban uniforms for NATO Atlantic Forces
  • Added: UK MTP helmets for NATO Atlantic Forces
  • Added: Olive texture source for the Mora
  • Added: Sand texture source for the Tempest
  • Added: New shot samples for the Mk16
  • Added: New shot samples for the Mk17
  • Added: New shot samples for the SA80
  • Added: Optional CBA compatibility file
  • Tweaked: "Netted Modular Helmet" was renamed to "Modular Helmet Mk.6"
  • Tweaked: "Modular Helmet (Camo)" was renamed to "Modular Helmet Mk.7"
  • Tweaked: NVG slot Goggles' weight was reduced to match their facewear counterpart
  • Tweaked: The Samson's TGP camera memory point was repositioned
  • Tweaked: The Lightning II's enter and exit animations have been corrected
  • Tweaked: CSAT's Buzzard textures were improved
  • Tweaked: The "dark_mtp" optional file has been integrated
  • Tweaked: The "bipod" memory point was repositioned for all weapons
  • Tweaked: The ACOG's scope view was improved
  • Tweaked: The Lightning II's PhysX was improved slightly (WIP)
  • Tweaked: The Samson's PhysX was improved slightly (WIP)
  • Fixed: The SA80's GL animations were unfinished
  • Fixed: The Samson's gear clipped through the hull
  • Fixed: The Samson's instruments and controls didn't animate properly
  • Fixed: The ACOG's red dot was visible while not aiming
  • Fixed: The Strider HMG's commander position wasn't accessible

Btw I made HAF soldiers and have no idea what to do with them. Optional replacement for the AAF or separate mod maybe?

WVN1AJe.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Night515 said:

Btw I made HAF soldiers and have no idea what to do with them. Optional replacement for the AAF or separate mod maybe?

WVN1AJe.jpg

I'd say make them a BLUFOR faction. As Greece is a part of NATO and in ArmA III lore despite Altis/Stratis being based on Limnos/Agios Estratios the location is different. Plus even if its supposed to be a Greek island chances are that with how the already Set A3 lore is The islands could have left Greece after WW2 with possible eastern (CSAT possibly) motives hence their rude behavior towards towards NATO forces. If you were to go off the state of the world in the armaverse Greece probably would try to get RAS (Republic of Altis and Stratis) either as a puppet or as part of them again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CommanderCharms said:

So, the Urban uniform doesn't actually show, might be a glitch.

Ah shit, forgot about that. I'll probably end up rolling out a hotfix soon.

2 hours ago, LykosMactire said:

I'd say make them a BLUFOR faction. As Greece is a part of NATO and in ArmA III lore despite Altis/Stratis being based on Limnos/Agios Estratios the location is different. Plus even if its supposed to be a Greek island chances are that with how the already Set A3 lore is The islands could have left Greece after WW2 with possible eastern (CSAT possibly) motives hence their rude behavior towards towards NATO forces. If you were to go off the state of the world in the armaverse Greece probably would try to get RAS (Republic of Altis and Stratis) either as a puppet or as part of them again

I can do BLUFOR Greeks I suppose, as I believe that's what side they took back in the 2012 story.

HI Night515, 

ACE is screaming that the compatability file is outdated... any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Just now, RabidStoat said:

HI Night515, 

ACE is screaming that the compatability file is outdated... any thoughts on what the problem might be?

No idea, I'll see about a fix soon.

• Like 1

Sweet update man, keep up the good work.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Night515 said:

No idea, I'll see about a fix soon.

CBA compatibility doesn't seem to be working either :(

Just curious, what does BLUFOR Tempest stands for? Is there any old screenshot with it?

7 hours ago, Ethan Cartwright said:

Armaholic isnt working 

It is now:

The Armaholic mirror has been updated with the new version:

news_download_a3_3.png
Arma 3 Aegis v0.33 alpha

Would that be possible to have "subdued" flags on the uniforms? CSAT in particular, the national flags stand out way more than they should. NATO gets subdued variants for their flags, why not CSAT?

3 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Would that be possible to have "subdued" flags on the uniforms? CSAT in particular, the national flags stand out way more than they should. NATO gets subdued variants for their flags, why not CSAT?

They are how they are mainly just 'cause that's how they looked in pre-alpha (except the Chinese uniform obviously), but I can definitely mess with saturation.

New SCAR sounds are great!

• Like 1

Apologies for the lack of updates. Work is kinda slow, just don't have much motivation + stress because school is coming up in 3 weeks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Night515 said:

Apologies for the lack of updates. Work is kinda slow, just don't have much motivation + stress because school is coming up in 3 weeks.

No need to apologies, addon is making is a hobby. At the end of the day real life sometimes has to take priority. 

• Like 3