4 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

So I see that there is a new HUD, but I don't see a vector indicator, and I have the impression that the cockpit view is very "foggy". I don't know if it was always like this, or its a product of the new HUD.... but, here's a screenshot from the cockpit of a black wasp II:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1139032493

(the ratio is a bit distorted

And then the F-35

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1139032586

As you can see, the view from the black wasp is much clearer, is there anything you can do to make the view clearer? You'll also notice in those screen shots, that the F-35 hud is very hard to read because the view is so whited out.

There should be a vector indicator. Also, I'll address the whited out glass. :)

• Like 1

Blackfoot ASRAAMs don't seem to be working. I know this was a problem from when they released the update with dynamic loadouts, but its fixed in vanilla Arma3 now. IIRC, the last update changed the dynamic loadouts a bit again, by allowing pylons to be assigned to the pilot or gunner - perhaps this broke it in your mod?

I also recall that one or both of the variants of the Xian had some pylon settings issues, but I think I was playing vanilla at the time.

And more posts.

Another comparison of the clarity from the black wasp vs f-35

Spoiler

SiHOJEW.jpg

ag2abEI.jpg

and also some glare from the glass, seen here from the moon flying at night... not sure if this intended behavior or not:

HP7PId3.jpg

left is down, right is up

Also, I thought I'd just show some pics of stuff from your mod combined with the Atlas LHD:plus mod on steam

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=677642222

9ZTpDqH.jpg

Qz3FF6I.jpg

fkMhdTO.jpg

and to spare you additional pics, spoiler tags:

Spoiler

This was my initial packing of the hangar, 1 F-35 on the runway, 1 on a lift, 4 inside the hangar, so that the other lift is accessible for wheeled vehicles:

Yipo02C.jpg

^ Note that as the jets taxi to the other lift, they pass rearm/refuel/repair trucks/containers

The lifts work well for lowering F-35s:

LB0J2lm.jpg

Raising them doesn't work as well as with other aircraft, the wheels quickly fall through the deck:

MdUUCPU.jpg

4vp9EYB.jpg

but this can be fixed. I noticed sometimes the Jet would be destroyed while it was bumping the lift. If I was inside it, this wouldn't happen as it would get repaired as it got damaged, because of the repair container nearby

Vectoring the engine and applying thrust fixes this at the top:

nc2dlTN.jpg

Sooo much better than the CUP mod\s F-35s, which can't really hover, and always move forward when throttling up on the ground.

Spoiler

Hover taxing to the lift to go down:

NJcGnFL.jpg

f3phOrn.jpg

MTx3tJ0.jpg

clfRpbU.jpg

I scootched forward the other planes, and got 5 into the hangar below:

sYbDvXD.jpg

But like this, it sort of blocks the lift for getting the wheeled vehicles down the ramp and onto the lift

So, I hover taxi'd the jets in there closer together:

lkavxj4.jpg

Plenty of space, I could probably get all 6 F-35s in there and still be able to use the lift:

fRExQCZ.jpg

So then I made a revised initial position, more ordered, but a bit less compact:

aTAiGxc.jpg

And shots of bringing up the Olive retextured assets from Aegis to the Blackfish on the deck:

Spoiler

Vjv11xc.jpg

(Note the F-35s in the hangar)

dXCMr4l.jpg

While I have 1 marshal ready to load from the start, most vehicles ready to go on the lifts are rather soft, but they are there first because they can be slung by helis, and the marshal's only option is the blackfish.

c4QJKBN.jpg

More marshals are stored below at the well deck

aaxvRBy.jpg

aLupbeg.jpg

as are striders, which I prefer for some things because they are amphibious and the armed versions fit in the blackfish:

nBC6NXo.jpg

And just some shots from the air:

Spoiler

Qz3FF6I.jpg

TkSlQAE.jpg

AgmL6lZ.jpg

Too bad I've got no good way of storing helos below deck

I didn't forget the stuff for infantry either:

Spoiler

jX31LSG.jpg

Total complement:

3x Blackfeet

3x Falcon drones

6x F-35s (2 AA only loadouts, 2x scalpel CAS, 2x LGB CAS, all have at least 2 AAMs though)

2x Hurons,

2x Ghosthawks

1x Blackfish -vehicle transport

1x Hummingbird

1x Pawnee

And a ton of ground vehicles, notably.

2x GMG hunters,

2x HMG hunters

2x GMG Striders (well deck)

2x HMG Striders (well deck)

6 Armed Prowlers

4x Marshals (well deck)

2x Marhsal ambulances (well deck)

6x Stompers.

Zamacks (because they fit in the blackfish) and civilian fuel tankers/repair vehicles (because Hurons can lift them)

Quads

The well deck still has space, but I didn't see much point to adding more marshals, as there's just the one blackfish that can deliver them, and in any large operation, it would probably also be tasked with delivering some of the more durable (relative to the non-Zamak civilian repair/refuel/medical vehicles) Zamaks 

In the well deck are some boats and SDVs, but I've placed this so far from Tanoa that you probably wouldn't want to use them

• Like 3

@Ex3B

Awesome, love the screenshots! I'll take a look at the Blackfoot and Xian, and the F-35/F-38's glass textures we're improved. I'd post a picture but I'm not home yet. :P

Wheels will hopefully be fixed at some point but PhysX is really dodgy and complicated (to me at least). Love the LHD pics though, part of me still wishes the USS Freedom had a hangar but I understand that isn't necessarily possible. :P

Well, I'd say by the presence of a usable hangar on the LHD proves that it is possible.

Considering that the LHD is a modification of an Arma 2 port, and has apparently been around for years - it should just be a matter of modelling the hangar and the lifts. Vanilla vehicles  work fine with the lift *there is some visible "stuttering", but its not too bad and doesn't result in what happens with the F-35.  Caveat: so far I've only tried wheeled vehicles and vanilla helicopters. I never thought to try any stock fixed wing because of the difficulty of maneuvering them around down there, and the apex VTOLs are too big anyway). I also never tried any tracked vehicles, because none of the tracked vehicles can be airlifted.

Indeed the Arma 2 model had some parts modeled that you couldn't normally get to, like the well deck, so they didn't even need to add that much stuff to it. The added geometry isn't very complex (I'm not sure its accurate either).

In the past, I also tried other LHD mods. I think one came with CUP, but I couldn't find it last time I loaded up CUP. I'm still pretty sure the one I'm thinking of comes from CUP:

Its got even more interior space, and is even more complex.... I think its interior must be more inaccurate though. Its nice, but I prefer the simpler Atlas Mod: LHD plus... as you may have noticed, I'm a fan of standalone mods/mods that just add a few things so I can pick and choose without cluttering the editor with tons of stuff that I don't want (its a bit of a problem for CUP IMO).

That video above does kind of make me want a harrier in the game too, for the AAF or Tanoan armed forces.

One curious thing though.... aircraft (planes and helos) placed on the deck of the LHD in the editor will by flying when the scenario starts... in the old threads for the LHD, it was said "The Exploding automatic flying aircraft is a BI EDEN oversight.", and it couldn't be fixed.... but the new USS freedom doesn't have this problem... somehow, so I think the old LHD mods can be improved.

Workaround and LHD problems... not really related to the mod, so hidden with spoiler tags:

Spoiler

The workaround for the LHD, as I found it, is to figure out the ASL heights of the various decks.... then place the LHD at 0,0,0 and name it. Then place all the aircraft as desired.  

Thus whatever the X and Y coordinates are, thats what needs to be added/subtracted from the LHD position for that particular aircraft. Then I use getPos for the LHD and setPosASL  (adding/subtracting the X/Y values from the getPos value so that the aircraft will be placed where you want it relative to the LHD). After all aircraft are placed and their X/Y values are used to adjust the setPosASL in the init field, I move the aircraft to flat land (and use the snap to command just in case). Wherever they are moved to at that point doesn't matter, they will spawn on the LHD at the right place. The LHD can be moved wherever. Because they spawn landed on actual land, and then their position is instantly set to the appropriate LHD position, they don't spawn flying at X00 km/h for planes, and with no landing gear down and rotors spinning for helos.

I could do the same for every ground vehicle as well, as moving the LHD after ground vehicles have been placed screws up their heights, placing new LHDs or moving it seems to cause problems in the editor. Moving the LHD doesn't seem to move the structure. Pasting a new one seems to spawn a new structure, but enable physics on everything that has already been placed. Vehicles will fall while in the editor, collision detection seems to be on, and moving vehicles can cause them to explode if you try to move them past another vehicle. The best way is to have the LHD at 0,0,0 then place all the vehicles, copy and paste the setPosASL command into each one's init and adjust the X,Y, and Z offsets accordingly, then move them to dry land. Then you can just move the LHD wherever you want (no rotation though!). Doing it this way does make it a pain to modify the vehicle placement though. So I keep one save with everything setup with the LHD at 0,0,0, and modify stuff there before moving the stuff to land and moving the LHD.

I wish we had some folding script like for the helos (and even the Osprey) in arma 2. While I can cram 6 F-35s into the hangar, the number of helos I can fit onto the deck while keeping the runway clear is rather limited.

While that could be considered a suggestion for the mod, the rest of this is off topic discussion 

Spoiler

Luckily, the VTOL is easier and more convenient than it is in real life (with no fuel/weapon load limitations), so a clear runway isn't really needed. otherwise the blackfish would need to launch and loiter every time the JSFs want to launch/land, and 1 of the Hurons would need to move as well - although it could probably go sit on one of the lifts, as the way I've got it setup, 1 lift would be for putting the 35's below deck and the other for bringing them up, so the huron could just move to whichever one is not in use.

But... I've also got a pawnee placed on the forward lift - its small enough that it can share the space with a marshal for bringing ground vehicles up, but it also has to move for bringing F-35's below deck. Its buddy the hummingbird is also in a fairly unrealistic spot as well.

I'd love to cram more helicopters into the front section of the LHD. Those 3 blackfeet and 3 falcons take up a lot of space, but I want people to be able to fairly easily land the helos back on the deck without too much risk of losing a rotor

But then again... in any mission scenario, I envision that there will be ground captured, from which the MD500 based helicopters (and probably ghost hawks) can be based... which reminds me, I wanted to place some vehicle ammo crates above deck, so vehicle ammo supplies can be moved by Hurons, and not just by a blackfish delivering Zamak ammo trucks

• Like 2

Ex38 are you rezing the Atlast LHD or the wasp LHD from the cup pack?

never could find and use the atlas LHD for some reason and really never wanted to actually load CUP for litterally 1 asset

I'm guessing rezing -> using?

I used the Atlas mod LHD: plus

The link again is here:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=677642222

And you won't find it in the editor, because the mod is out of date but still functional.

You cannot find it in a list in the editor, and thus placing it is a problem.

In the comments section of steam, there is one particularly helpful response that basically says what is said in that thread

There's also this which has some details not mentioned above:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/412447613581331400/

Another thing that you could do if you don't have access to the old 2d editor is to save the mission file as plain, which means without binarizing it. Once you do that place down an assault boat on the water somewhere like 1km away from land. Make sure you give this a variable name something like "s123456". Once you got this up go to your documents folder and find your mission.sqm file and find the "s123456" and literally 3 lines there should be a line that starts with "type=something" paste this over that "type="ATLAS_B_LHD_helper";" without the outer quotations. so this pretty much type="ATLAS_B_LHD_helper"; After that go into the mission and don't change the direction the LHD is facing. Just don't. 

I went through that once, and then saved the mission. If I want a mission/scenario with an LHD in it, I load that up, save it under a different name, move the LHD as desired (also using the setPosASL and getPos as mentioned in my previous post), and then start building the mission.

Maybe I'll upload a template mission file with the LHD and some aircraft placed on it, so you don't have to reconstruct the getPos and setPosASL commands to get aircraft to spawn on it correctly.

The only mods needed for this template mission would be Aegis (for the F-35s, because no other mod supplies aircraft that really work in anyway with the hangar lifts), and the old Atlas LHD mod

3 hours ago, DruidicRifleman said:

>.> its sad that the cup one is in such a massive file pack

Not really, the CUP team have done a great job porting all Arma2 content for free. To make it separate would be quite a big job. If you need it separate, perhaps make it standalone yourself with permission of course. Now lets get back on topic. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DruidicRifleman said:

Ex38 are you rezing the Atlast LHD or the wasp LHD from the cup pack?

never could find and use the atlas LHD for some reason and really never wanted to actually load CUP for litterally 1 asset

Well, CUP, like the Aegis mod, has more than 1 asset that I want.

I think its clear that for the Aegis mod, I'm most interested in the F-35 port, as it adds something that no other mod or vanilla content offers. Some other things get close... the Xian can take the role of a fixed wing multirole strike fighter (with some pylon edition to improve its A2A capabilities). The CUP mod adds F-35s too, but they need to be updated (stealth/non stealth, dynamic loadouts, VTOL system, among other issues), in particular,  you can't hover taxi them, so they don't play well on a small deck space, and certainly not inside an LHD.

So right now this Aegis mod is really the only mod supplying a jet that works well with the LHD.

But its also go other great things:

1) Olive textures for NATO vehicles (really shameful that Apex didn't include this),

2) Nato textures for the Strider and Gorgon.(Striders/Gorgons could get nato textures in vanilla, but no Olive textures )

- The strider goes well with the blackfish (it can't hold any other armed MRAP)

3) Automated Mortar launcher - IMO gives the best system for calling in artillery support

4) Retextured Zamak Ammo for FIA (on Blufor side... I'll take it)... again, because its the only ammo truck that fits in the Blackfish

5) Small arms things: Olive textures for the TRG rifles (I do like to give them to Nato forces over submachine guns), the Kelt tec shotgun, 50 BMG sniper rifles instead of giving NATO forces just a black GM6 Lynx like I used to.

Likewise... CUP has many vehicles I like too. Not any one in particular, but the variety is great for various scenarios. I particularly like scenarios with a numerous but technologically inferior foe, so I love the vehicles like the Urals with Zsu-23s, T-34s, BTR-40s, etc...

It also provides some vehicles that can fill various gaps in the vanilla arma lineup... The Nato tracked APC for instance seriously lacks firepower against enemy armor -> Sub in the Bradleys. NATO and AAF also lack decent attack helicopters (the blackfoot isn't terrible, but its more of a scout helo without EFAMs) -> sub in Apaches/Cobras. Every faction lacks tracked amphibious vehicles.

Plenty of reasons to get Aegis or CUP other than one thing.

For CUP and the LHD in particular, if it bothers you that much, do the 1 line of text editing required for the Atlas LHD

• Like 1

I think ARMA 3 is missing more Light Soft Skin Vehicles & Civilian Cars/Trucks/Police/FireDept etc

M1008 Chevrolet CUCV / aka /Chevy K5 Blazer (You could make a fitting AAF Field Ambulance )

M1114 Up-Armored Armament Carrier

Spoiler

US Navy 060322-N-5438H-018 U.S. Army soldiers assigned to the Bravo Battery 3rd Battalion 320th Field Artillery Regiment along with Iraq Army soldiers from the 1st Battalion 1st Brigade 4th Division perform a routine patrol.jpg

Image result for M1114 Up-Armored Armament Carrier

Related image\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ USMC "GUN-TRUCK" \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Related image

M1161 Growler  ( Fast attack / light utility vehicle )

Civ Car ideas
Chevrolet Tahoe

Chevrolet Fire Truck

Chevrolet Silverado

Airport fire engine

Chevrolet Caprice - Impala Police Patrol 

I think ARMA 3 is missing more Light Soft Skin Vehicles & Civilian Cars/Trucks/Police/FireDept etc

And what purpose your long request post was supposed to serve?

This is Arma 3 Aegis mod thread not a general addon request thread.

Here is an addon request thread:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lindsey Michaelson of the Amazon said:

M1008 Chevrolet CUCV / aka /Chevy K5 Blazer (You could make a fitting AAF Field Ambulance )

Reveal hidden contents

M1114 Up-Armored Armament Carrier

Reveal hidden contents

US Navy 060322-N-5438H-018 U.S. Army soldiers assigned to the Bravo Battery 3rd Battalion 320th Field Artillery Regiment along with Iraq Army soldiers from the 1st Battalion 1st Brigade 4th Division perform a routine patrol.jpg

Image result for M1114 Up-Armored Armament Carrier

Related image\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ USMC "GUN-TRUCK" \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Related image

M1161 Growler  ( Fast attack / light utility vehicle )

Civ Car ideas

Chevrolet Tahoe

Reveal hidden contents

Chevrolet Fire Truck

Chevrolet Silverado

Airport fire engine

Chevrolet Caprice - Impala Police Patrol 

I've got ideas for a few new vehicles already, like a LSV for the AAF and another civilian car or two - no promises.

Anyways, progress on the next udpate is coming along nicely - a new tractor (huge thanks to @reyhard for the  PhysX configurais) is being added and depending on how long it takes to get it working I might throw in another boat for civilians. We've come quite a ways away since the initial release so far, with more to come like the V-22 Osprey for example. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Wow...there is the understatement of the year :D The issue of Arma 3 having no female characters is a long held issue of contention.

For now, this fine lady modder is our best hope- 

i'm talking about more then faces because then assholes make tranny jokes... it's hard as it is to be female in a milsim i don't need some 13 year old fuck head talking shit about how i look like a tranny without a female body

On 26/09/2017 at 6:12 AM, Lindsey Michaelson of the Amazon said:

i'm talking about more then faces because then assholes make tranny jokes... it's hard as it is to be female in a milsim i don't need some 13 year old fuck head talking shit about how i look like a tranny without a female body

This is what you will be after: 

Now can we please return to the topic in hand, as i really don't want to start issuing infractions.

• Like 3

One suggestion on the "F-38"... remove the bar going across the canopy... It is a fictional Arma3-ized "F-38" after all, and no longer an F-35B. The canopy doesn't even open and close along that bar, so why not improve visibility and get rid of it?

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but what was the logic behind reducing the marshal's gun to 30mm from 40mm?

I was also thinking about this mod, vs CUP after you made a mention of an Osprey... there are actually quite a few similarities.

This mod ports some Arma 2 content into arma 3 (Hercules, F-35, Osprey is coming?, is the 50 cal Nato rifle from Arma 2?). It adds a shotgun an d50 cal rifle, CUP adds a 50 cal rifle and some shotguns...

There are some significant differences though. CUP is basically just additive, leaving vanilla assets untouched (except for a small number of assets changed by the CBA pack), Aegis modifies stock assets.

I feel like these two mods could benefit a lot from sharing assets with each other, yet I wouldn't suggest merging them, not at all.

There's a "feel"/"Philosophy" and "quality" difference. CUP adds *massive* amounts of stuff, not all of which is to the same quality or level of development. This mod's assets are much fewer in number, but its more focused.

But the biggest difference I see, is as follows:

CUP doesn't really bring their assets into the 2035 arma setting and balance, just into the arma 3 game platform.

In contrast, Aegis integrates and balances these assets into the 2035 Arma 3 setting.

Many CUP vehicles aren't balanced against Arma3 vanilla assets, examples: 30mm guns on many APCs have a high and low ROF mode, the high ROF mode is a much higher rate of fire than the rof of 30mms on Arma3 APCs, the result being that the "2018" CUP vehicles outgun the 2035 vehicles.

CUP amphibious vehicles easily go 20km/h in the water, arma 3 amphibious vehicles go about 11 km/h

I also get the feeling that many weapons/vehicles have stats that aren't well balanced with their arma 3 counterparts. The gunner view for many armored vehicles isn't consistent with Arma3 gunner mechanics either (I find it weird that many cup vehicles have a low zoom view with no reticle, and one has to zoom in to get a reticle ... ).

One can look at the CUP M-14, and the Arma3 mk14 (ie a M14), their stats are quite different actually.

Yet CUP is also somewhat integrating some of the assets into an Arma3 setting (like AAF skins for M-113s, CSAT skins for SU-34s, etc)

CUP is fine for recreating Arma2  2018 settings in the arma3 engine.

Aegis is better for expanding the Arma3 2035 setting, which involves borrowing some of the Arma3 2018 assets in the process.

No? thoughts?

• Like 2

Removing the rail from the canopy obviously requires opening up the model and modifying it so that the rail no longer exists.  I can't recall what BI's policy on physically changing the 3D model of assets from previous titles is, but my gut is telling me that's a no-go. (And I could be wrong on this, I admittedly haven't read up on that particular set of rules)  Whether Night wants to go through that though (not to mention changing the 3D model requires a new UV unwrap which means an entirely new set of textures) is anyone's guess, but I'd be willing to bet it's more effort than it's worth.

• Like 1

well, they already get modified, like adding the external weapon pylons. CUP has added a lot of things to many of the models as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GuyWithaJeep said:

Removing the rail from the canopy obviously requires opening up the model and modifying it so that the rail no longer exists.  I can't recall what BI's policy on physically changing the 3D model of assets from previous titles is, but my gut is telling me that's a no-go. (And I could be wrong on this, I admittedly haven't read up on that particular set of rules)

That rule doesn't apply to the F-35B model in Aegis, as it comes directly from the Samples Pack released for vanilla A2 that allows for modifying under BI's APL license. Terrains and DLC content on the other hand, like stuff from OA, BAF, PMC, or ACR, fall under APL-SA which has a slightly different caveat but follows the same rules as the base APL license.

IIRC the only games that modders cannot modify or port from are DayZ (for obvious reasons) and edits to binarised models that are not included with Arma 3 Samples, as Night would have to ahem..."reverse engineer" them CSAT-style, and that's obviously illegal to do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GuyWithaJeep said:

Removing the rail from the canopy obviously requires opening up the model and modifying it so that the rail no longer exists.  I can't recall what BI's policy on physically changing the 3D model of assets from previous titles is, but my gut is telling me that's a no-go. (And I could be wrong on this, I admittedly haven't read up on that particular set of rules)  Whether Night wants to go through that though (not to mention changing the 3D model requires a new UV unwrap which means an entirely new set of textures) is anyone's guess, but I'd be willing to bet it's more effort than it's worth.

it would really depend on A how Much of the model you change and weather or not the changes affect the UV map.

also some times A re texture May actually be worth doing if the model Geometry wise is fine just a bit dated texture wise.

• Like 1

@Night515

Tried to look through the pages but it seems no one has asked this:

Any plans for adding AA units? Currently only NATO has static AA turrets and with the Jets dlc and all it would be great if the other actions had similar assets.

The quick and dirty way would be just to retexture the current NATO turrets?

Another option would be to make AA variants of current faction APC:s and IFV:s. Give them ir missiles and maybe a high rate of fire but smaller caliber cannon (20 mm etc).

Last but not least, any ideas of single shot LAW type weapons or MAAWs style asset for NATO / AAF. Maybe a retexture of the RPG-42?

Overall the mod looks awesome and just what vanilla Arma needs and what Apex should have been. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ex3B said:

snip

The F-38's model is technically an X-35B (since that's just what it was modeled off of from Arma 2), so imo changing a small detail like that would be useless as the entire airframe is different compared to the real F-35B. Also I'm going for no dependencies (unless they're minor like CBA), so if I decide to add anything from Arma 2 I'll port it myself. :p

28 minutes ago, jone_kone said:

@Night515

Tried to look through the pages but it seems no one has asked this:

Any plans for adding AA units? Currently only NATO has static AA turrets and with the Jets dlc and all it would be great if the other actions had similar assets.

Another option would be to make AA variants of current faction APC:s and IFV:s. Give them ir missiles and maybe a high rate of fire but smaller caliber cannon (20 mm etc).

Last but not least, any ideas of single shot LAW type weapons or MAAWs style asset for NATO / AAF. Maybe a retexture of the RPG-42?

Overall the mod looks awesome and just what vanilla Arma needs and what Apex should have been. :)

It's a possibility, and I might add some of the carrier turrets for the AAF and CSAT.

Regarding AT, I hope to add a CG M4 since one was cut from Apex at some point. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Night515 said:

The F-38's model is technically an X-35B (since that's just what it was modeled off of from Arma 2), so imo changing a small detail like that would be useless as the entire airframe is different compared to the real F-35B. Also I'm going for no dependencies (unless they're minor like CBA), so if I decide to add anything from Arma 2 I'll port it myself. :p

It's a possibility, and I might add some of the carrier turrets for the AAF and CSAT.

Regarding AT, I hope to add a CG M4 since one was cut from Apex at some point. :)

O.O Carl G INDAHOUSE!!!! there was supposed to be one in Apex ? O.O

20 minutes ago, DruidicRifleman said:

there was supposed to be one in Apex ?

Off-topic but yep. @RobertHammer posted about it (along with some other goodies) a few weeks ago. Now both of those images are suddenly gone from their Artstation pages as well.

I'll make a wild guess that the MAAWS is probably being saved for Tanks DLC while the M4 is perhaps going to be for Tac-Ops. We've got both old school and new-gen AKs so why not some AR-15s?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DruidicRifleman said:

O.O Carl G INDAHOUSE!!!! there was supposed to be one in Apex ? O.O

No promises. ;)

4 hours ago, Night515 said:

I'm aware that its modeled after the X-35B - but I don't see how its useless, it would improve cockpit visibility, and general aesthetics when using it from 1st person. I wasn't suggesting removing it just for the sake of the model being different.

Also, I don't understand your point about dependencies - maybe it was in reference to my statements about the overlap of CUP/Aegis. I wasn't suggesting that Aegis have CUP dependencies, but maybe they might let you use and replicate portions of their assets for inclusion into Aegis with no dependencies. They've already ported an Osprey and M4 rifles - why not let you use and modify them in Aegis (having Aegis be standalone) - while you've updated the F-35 which they have yet to do, and presumably you'll soon update the Osprey to the new VTOL system, both of which CUP would probably be interested in using.

5 hours ago, jone_kone said:

I thought there were Opfor and Independent versions of those AA turrets in vanilla? They'd look a bit out of place off of a ship though IMO. I'd like to see stationary guns like the ZSU-23 from Arma2... all the better if it could be deployed by a truck, in some fashion like Vehicle in Vehicle transport (sure, it would be really cool if the gun was still usable while in the cargo of a flatbed truck, so it acts like the Zsu-23 Ural from Arma2). Technically, there are also static manned AA turrets in the form of Titan AA launchers. Maybe more unmanned systems would be good, but you can always use an AI gunner if you don't want a human player to have to man the system.

I did like the CUP gave AAF M163 and Shilka AA systems... an example of them trying to put some Arma2 assets into the 2035 Arma3 setting, while most of the rest of there assets are to recreate the 2018 Arma2 setting. (still, the M163 amphibious speed is way out of whack with arma3 amphibious assets... also it lacks a radar... which it should have and I'm assuming it just hasn't been updated since the Jets DLC release)

20mm gatling versions of the APCs would be interesting... but there's no external model for such cannons, so it would probably be a lot of work to model.... unless the 762 miniguns could just be scaled up? Or maybe an enclosed model based off of the F-35 gun pod? How would the 20mm rounds be balanced against the 35mm of the dedicated AA tanks? I'd assume they should be equal in power to the 20mm cannon on the buzzard/Black Wasp?

I'd love to see Syndicate using stationary and truck mounted versions of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M45_Quadmount

But that would be a lot of work, and I'm not sure how effective they'd actually be given arma3's damage model and the performance of single 50 cal turrets against aircraft (although in Arma2, the 50 cals seemed to be quite effective at killing me by going through the cockpit when I'd try to take out a T-90 with the gun in an F-35, flying straight at them in a strafing run)