18 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

I'd suggest chucking them into the recon part of your current Russian faction. I personally don't see the point in having a whole new faction just for Spetsnaz since they're just Russian SF. 

1) Saves you from making another faction just for a small amount of units

2) Allows mission makers to use the one Russian faction which would include SF dudes, rather than have 2 factions. 

Also, an off topic suggestion.

Q) Would it be possible to reskin all the vanilla NATO faction vehicles to the same tan colour as the Tanks DLC Rhino vehicle is? The inconsistency of the tan and the NATO grey doesnt look right and I reckon it would enhance your mod further. The reskinning of the CSAT to look Russian is awesome, so a texture touch up for NATO vehicles would make it stand out further. 

I'll look into it. No promises. But I agree the Rhino's tan is a lot nicer than the ugly grey-tan we see on prior units.

Rhino is Dark Earth, others are a sort of sand yeah? 

What ever it is, yes, the Rhino color is nice.

For the record I do like the vanilla grey -tan- sandy color.

• Like 1

I'm playing with ideas for the Russian forces now.

Infantry:

20190620134538_1.jpg

• 5.45 mm chambered AK-12s in black
  • Olive LDF plate carrier rigs
  • Covered helmets

Recon:

20190620135126_1.jpg

• 7.62 mm chambered AK-15s, also spray painted
  • Kipchak harnesses
  • Uncovered helmets and balaclavas

Thoughts or suggestions?

• Like 14

Add the alexF1 VDV beret  is perfect addition,  become a BfBc2 style......
alexf1_q5_4.jpg
the LDF version of the uniform with tank top repaint it  like the image below

2012._%D0%94%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8C_%D0%9F%D0

it's me but the ldf vest are very close to ratnik 

Spraypainted gun + reflective af helmet = ...recon? 😅

Because getting popped in the shiny head a mile away is  S T E A L T H 😀

Excited to see what you will do with Russians. Hope you expand more on what BI started. 😃

• Like 1

Depending on whether or not BIS provides a lore reason, I'll probably strip the Gorkas of their armor level and make them akin to any other uniform.

ION has received some drones and UAV bags. They might receive the ED-1D, but not the ED-1E.

20190621193721_1.jpg

Russian regular infantry.

20190622070858_1.jpg

Russian special forces.

20190622071051_1.jpg

Full Ghillie and sniper equipment.

20190622070340_1.jpg

Tank crew apparel and equipment.

20190621114109_1.jpg

Russian pilot equipment and apparel.

20190621114312_1.jpg

20190621114605_1.jpg

Russian diver equipment and apparel.

20190621114449_1.jpg

The weird greenish blue texture for the Tactical Backpack (Green) was replaced so it could be used by the new factions.

20190621211539_1.jpg

Russian officer and his trusty RSh-42 .50 AE.

20190622071433_1.jpg

• Like 7

I  believe the lore reason on the gorkas is that its a varient of CSAT armor iirc, the helmet is anyway.

1 hour ago, icarus86 said:

I  believe the lore reason on the gorkas is that its a varient of CSAT armor iirc, the helmet is anyway.

The helmet is yes, but with less technology compared to the CSAT ones. The Gorkas themselves are oversuits so there could be armor under them. However, the Russians lack the neck protection, air conditioning, and data cable that CSAT troops have so I'm not sure if they're supposed to have armor.

in some screenshots the suit is shown to work as its own CBRN outfit, so maybe everything is under it?

Im fine with the suits being armored or not, just dont want people to make the same mistake as they do with csat and make terminators by accident in there missions lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2019 at 9:47 PM, bars91 said:

Spraypainted gun + reflective af helmet = ...recon?

Yeah, it's not really recon, but no-cover retexture of the helmet evokes the image of Altyn helmet used by various direct-action-focused elements of Russian military and internal forces.

In fact, Avery's Russian recon is much more fitting to real-life Russian DA units, especially with them being armed with 7.62x39 guns, which are less effective in long-range applications, but more than adequate in close combat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

...no-cover retexture of the helmet evokes the image of Altyn helmet used by various direct-action-focused elements...

And it's used that way (in recent years) either for training, red berets selection or by low-tier internal / police units in urban / crowd control cases.

Military / internal SOF spray camie / cover everything: helmets, non-camo pouches, rifles etc.

I've written it on other treads, but just once more: these SOF look like "random token badguys" from 80-90s action movies and nothing like either green "totally-not-RF-Marine-Reccies" in '14 or SOF in the Syrian sandbox.

20190625092742_1.jpg

British Armed Forces deploy to the Livonian Nadbor region.

• Like 11

The new LDF gear looks pretty good on AAF, and it keeps it stylistically separate from NATO which avoids IFF issues with some of my previous renditions of AAF SOF. Reskin could be compelling, IMO 🤔

7A788080301A8FDDD0A93DB9A22ADF321D933A0F

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

The new LDF gear looks pretty good on AAF

IMO LDF helmet, with it's deez eez Spartuh! face cover, fits Greek/AAF theme way better than not-really-Poland Livonia. Going back to pre-Christian times, there was never a similiar style of head cover used, which (again) makes me think that this helmet (like all other non-alien elements of Contact DLC) is some old idea/prototype which missed it's intended release.

LDF would be better with AAF PASGT for regular forces, and NATO ACH/MICH for recon/SF.

• Like 1

I mean. Other than the deez ees SPAAHTA option the helmet seems fine to me for LDF

But the SPAAHTA option is perfect for AAF

• Like 1

I guess you can use this helmet as a replacement for RUS infantry so they'll look a little bit less reconish. 
JkSun_V4TJo.jpg

The current russian helmet is fine since its supposed to be a beggining of a csat merger iirc

3 hours ago, icarus86 said:

The current russian helmet is fine since its supposed to be a beggining of a csat merger iirc

Even then, CSAT's helmets are loosely based off Russian Altyn helmets. The Avenger helmet could even be a precursor to the Protector / Assassin / Defender helmets used by CSAT.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 1:59 PM, AveryTheKitty said:

I'm playing with ideas for the Russian forces now.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Hello, @AveryTheKitty. Thank you for your work on this mod and for sharing it with the community. I cannot seem to play Arma 3 without it anymore (willfully, not technically).

I think if you take the new "Spetznaz" assets added by the Contact DLC and use those in combination with other vanilla items and your Russia-reskin vehicles to make a fleshed out faction, then the Spetznaz may become something notable in game.

On a related note: I want to build an Opfor preset for the latest Liberation release and noticed the vast majority of your Spetznaz units do not have the proper magazines for their weapons. They have magazines in their inventories, but those mags do not go to those guns for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, vagrantauthor said:

Hello, @AveryTheKitty. Thank you for your work on this mod and for sharing it with the community. I cannot seem to play Arma 3 without it anymore (willfully, not technically).

I think if you take the new "Spetznaz" assets added by the Contact DLC and use those in combination with other vanilla items and your Russia-reskin vehicles to make a fleshed out faction, then the Spetznaz may become something notable in game.

On a related note: I want to build an Opfor preset for the latest Liberation release and noticed the vast majority of your Spetznaz units do not have the proper magazines for their weapons. They have magazines in their inventories, but those mags do not go to those guns for whatever reason.

Heya! Thanks!

Are you using RHS by chance? That could be causing the issue - I'd have to look into it. Right now, I'm working on the Russians and prepping the next update.

20190723212251_1.jpg

107410_20190726135521_1.png

20190723133834_1.jpg

• Like 5

Yes, I do have RHS active. I will deactivate it and see if that fixes the issue -- as soon as I find this last guy in town...

Edit: Yup! Disabling AFRF fixed the problem.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Updated results.
  • Like 1

Few requests: could you modify the MX series rifles, Vermin, 4-five, and NATO rail and muzzle attachments, bipod, and RCO and ARCO sights to be the same dark tan color as the SPAR-16 series rifles? The MX rifles and said attachments are too light to properly facilitate MTP fatigues. Also a sleeved version of the ESS goggles with another version with a rhino mount?

On 7/28/2019 at 2:28 AM, AveryTheKitty said:

Heya! Thanks!

Are you using RHS by chance? That could be causing the issue - I'd have to look into it. Right now, I'm working on the Russians and prepping the next update.

20190723212251_1.jpg

107410_20190726135521_1.png

20190723133834_1.jpg

I hope that you have plans for those helmets in camo also. Though, speaking of camo, do you have plans for desert-ish version of camos planned for Russians?