Woot, awesome stuff night! That CTRG is simply wicked looking, well all of it is =)

• Like 1

Just came back to arma 3 and this mod after a long break (personal stuff and playing another game) and took a look at the development branch.

It seems that you removed some assets (I think it was FIA ammo trucks), and I had to text edit (glad I didn't binarize the file) some template mission files (ie the LHD + F-38s and such).

I noticed some new assets and changes... CSAT Air defense radars and SAM sites... very nice (no need to do the more complicated scripting I had done for other missions for SAMs and linked radars).

The F-38 gets SDBs.... awesome, an entirely new model, its better than I was expecting when I proposed an invisible rack with scalpels.. The extra pylons on the stealth variant are gone, it doesn't nose down all the time (I'm assuming the F-38 flight model is a WIP and won't critique other aspects for now) all really nice additions.

The SDB racks should really improve its anti-ground utility.

(blah blahing about SDBs vs scalepls)

Spoiler

The gameplay could be even "better" than with scalpels too. Scalpels seem a little OP'd using the targeting camera and SACLOS guidance, one can shoot at targets behind the aircraft... they are so maneuverable that one basically just needs to point the targeting camera at a target and fire, regardless of the direction the plane is flying - so that seems like it could be a little OP and bad for gameplay (although the CAS aircraft still do that...). 

At the same time, the SDBs have some advantages with the LOAL (Lock-On-After-Launch) laser guidance (now I'm thinking that I should check that scalpel laser guidance is still lock-before-launch, I don't think I checked after they introduced the LOAL bombs) - with a teammate designating for the F-38, those SDBs can be dropped from high speed&altitude from far off, way beyond the normal lock on range for a laser designator (or does LOAL not work like that? I have this idea of just placing the CCIP somewhere in the general target area from about 10km off, and letting the bomb lock once it gets close enough to the target area?).

So harder to use, but more potent with teamwork (plus 1 hit kills on tanks... haven't checked its blast radius for anti-infantry work)

I'm still going to script in ASRAAMs for the outer pylons, and 2x amraam racks for the inner pylons... "INT" versions of these that are selectable in the loadout screen would still be cool IMO.

I'd also recommend limiting the loadout to 2 LGBs (ie only the inner pylons, where the 4x SDB racks are options).

And a last observation: the pacific green skin for the strider seems to be gone? That's a shame, the strider is a great vehicle for Tanoa with all its islands and swamps and such, could it be added as an alternate skin for the British strider?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Just came back to arma 3 and this mod after a long break (personal stuff and playing another game) and took a look at the development branch.

It seems that you removed some assets (I think it was FIA ammo trucks), and I had to text edit (glad I didn't binarize the file) some template mission files (ie the LHD + F-38s and such).

I noticed some new assets and changes... CSAT Air defense radars and SAM sites... very nice (no need to do the more complicated scripting I had done for other missions for SAMs and linked radars).

The F-38 gets SDBs.... awesome, an entirely new model, its better than I was expecting when I proposed an invisible rack with scalpels.. The extra pylons on the stealth variant are gone, it doesn't nose down all the time (I'm assuming the F-38 flight model is a WIP and won't critique other aspects for now) all really nice additions.

The SDB racks should really improve its anti-ground utility.

(blah blahing about SDBs vs scalepls)

Hide contents

The gameplay could be even "better" than with scalpels too. Scalpels seem a little OP'd using the targeting camera and SACLOS guidance, one can shoot at targets behind the aircraft... they are so maneuverable that one basically just needs to point the targeting camera at a target and fire, regardless of the direction the plane is flying - so that seems like it could be a little OP and bad for gameplay (although the CAS aircraft still do that...). 

At the same time, the SDBs have some advantages with the LOAL (Lock-On-After-Launch) laser guidance (now I'm thinking that I should check that scalpel laser guidance is still lock-before-launch, I don't think I checked after they introduced the LOAL bombs) - with a teammate designating for the F-38, those SDBs can be dropped from high speed&altitude from far off, way beyond the normal lock on range for a laser designator (or does LOAL not work like that? I have this idea of just placing the CCIP somewhere in the general target area from about 10km off, and letting the bomb lock once it gets close enough to the target area?).

So harder to use, but more potent with teamwork (plus 1 hit kills on tanks... haven't checked its blast radius for anti-infantry work)

I'm still going to script in ASRAAMs for the outer pylons, and 2x amraam racks for the inner pylons... "INT" versions of these that are selectable in the loadout screen would still be cool IMO.

I'd also recommend limiting the loadout to 2 LGBs (ie only the inner pylons, where the 4x SDB racks are options).

And a last observation: the pacific green skin for the strider seems to be gone? That's a shame, the strider is a great vehicle for Tanoa with all its islands and swamps and such, could it be added as an alternate skin for the British strider?

Heya. The F-38 is heavy work in progress currently but - on the development version - it's slowly getting there. I don't really have any plans to tweak existing missiles and such since I really don't know that much about that kind of stuff. The green Strider will return along with a Kuma and Mora, and Gorgon eventually.

I see you have reskinned some of the Apex weapons but they don't have Apex dependency's. Or am I just not seeing that because I actually own Apex? Just need to know if people need Apex for those models.

10 hours ago, acoustic said:

I see you have reskinned some of the Apex weapons but they don't have Apex dependency's. Or am I just not seeing that because I actually own Apex? Just need to know if people need Apex for those models.

If an Apex model is reskinned, it will still require Apex afaik.

Love the Russkie camo-viper-thingy gear above. Yay for CSAT options that aren't Hex covered! 
Inserting my usual "please give a no-flag version" beg while happy to roll without

• Like 1

So I was wondering, where are all the new models coming from?

I see unique static SAMs for CSAT, NATO, and Russia (last I checked though, there ruskies had a problem)- they seem to be drones?

The SDBs, HARM, and pylons are new. I see the black wasp can take the new SDBs, but the wipeout can't... it seems like these would be a good addition to the wipeout

Are these coming from your Russian mod collaborator?

I would love to see more all new content like this (still hoping for 2x R-73, 2x R77, 2x Sahr 3 pylons to beef up the possible A2A loadouts for the Xian without resorting to NATO weapons).

A stationary AA gun would be pretty nice too (old ZSU-23 model?)

I also noticed that there is a (currently) unused  "PylonMissile_Missile_HARM_x1" that has no rack... the fins just barely stick out of the BW and F35 weapon bays... I'm willing too use set pylon to put them there, any plans to add them as selectable loadout for internal bays?

On the subject of selectable loadouts... I like to give the AAF gryphons zephy and flachion missiles (when opposing them :p ) to make them slightly less capable opponents. Could these be made selectable by default as well (and as always, 2x racks are welcome)

• Like 1

For the uniforms, looks like a very heavily (and well-done) reskinned version of the Viper uniform. Helmets seem custom-done and the vests and belts are just a mashup of stock parts (namely the Raven vest and rangemaster belt)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ex3B said:

So I was wondering, where are all the new models coming from?

I see unique static SAMs for CSAT, NATO, and Russia (last I checked though, there ruskies had a problem)- they seem to be drones?

The SDBs, HARM, and pylons are new. I see the black wasp can take the new SDBs, but the wipeout can't... it seems like these would be a good addition to the wipeout

Are these coming from your Russian mod collaborator?

I would love to see more all new content like this (still hoping for 2x R-73, 2x R77, 2x Sahr 3 pylons to beef up the possible A2A loadouts for the Xian without resorting to NATO weapons).

A stationary AA gun would be pretty nice too (old ZSU-23 model?)

I also noticed that there is a (currently) unused  "PylonMissile_Missile_HARM_x1" that has no rack... the fins just barely stick out of the BW and F35 weapon bays... I'm willing too use set pylon to put them there, any plans to add them as selectable loadout for internal bays?

On the subject of selectable loadouts... I like to give the AAF gryphons zephy and flachion missiles (when opposing them :p ) to make them slightly less capable opponents. Could these be made selectable by default as well (and as always, 2x racks are welcome)

The SAMs, Radars, SDBs, and HARMs are from the Encore update and I still have to finish Pacific and Russian textures for them. I plan to tweak dynamic loadouts for all aircraft later on but the Zephyr, Falchion, Sharur, and such will probably be cut since they're just duplicates of other missiles.

Oh snap! I didn't realize that there was a new update out (I assumed there'd be nothing new after tanks and tac ops), and yours was the only mod I had installed (well that an a crudly fixed Atlas LHD, which hasn't been updated in ages, hence the need for a crude fix). Well, at least one new element of that update meshes very well with your mod

For the Sharur: did you mean the Sahr? its the CSAT Macer/maverick equivalent

I'd keep the Zephyr, Sahr, and Falchion.

I think of them like older models of the other missiles... like an AIM-120 A  (but probably still better than a 1980's era AIM-7M) instead of an AIM-120 C or D. AIM-9M instead of an AIM-9X.

They perform just about as well, but with a higher chance of being defeated by countermeasures. They are good options for balancing a scenario difficulty (before the vanilla SAMs, in some missions I toned down the difficulty of the SAMS I put in place by replacing missiles with Zephyrs and Falchions/Sahrs). I think you should keep them (indeed, I suggested expanding their loadout options)

• Like 1

A few requests:

1) sleeve for the goggles

2) MG sight similar to the M145/C79 optical sight that doesn't go to full screen view when aiming

3) RDS sight similar to the M68 CCO

• Like 1

Just a little thing I noticed, there seems to be some changes to sensors related to the anti-radiation missiles. I tried using the black wasp, and could lock with HARMs from several KM away, changing the unit to a F-35 forced me to close to under 2km before I could get a lock and fire. I'm guessing I was locking using the IR/visual sensor.

I guess there is a new passive radar sensor parameter to enable locks on units with active radar, and the F-35 doesn't have it?

Quick update, sorry for the wait but things are slowly coming together!

Bunkers corresponding with each camonet.

20181008213350_1.jpg

The F-38's materials are getting a revamp. Big thanks to @nodunit for showing me how to *properly* handle RVMATs.

unknown-1602.png

The C-192 is now capable of carrying 54 passengers and it is now split into two variants (infantry transport and vehicle transport).

unknown.png

L85A3 textures are getting yet another revamp.

L85A3.png

Close up!

L85A3_serial.png

• Like 7

I was wondering, would you consider tweaking stealth and sensor range params as part of this mod.

There's some things about the Jets DLS sensors that have bugged me on balance and realism points.

Spoiler

In particular... why NATO IR sensors suck so much (I also think some stealth params could be tweaked, at least the F-35 has some IR stealth/signature reduction properties, and probably the F-181 should as well)

Air superiorty fighters:

Shikra IR: 5/3km  air/ground

Gryphon: 4/3 km 

Black wasp/F-38: 2.5/2 km

Why does the BW (and F-35) air IR sensor suck so much? it has half the detection range of CSAT, and worse than a 4th gen fighter.

Its even worse than the CAS planes:

Wipeout: 5/4 km, Neophron 5/4 km, buzzard: 4/3km

The F-38, also being intended for CAS (or the F-35 is intended as a strike fighter, not a air superiority fighter, could get the sensors of the CSAT/NATO CAS planes).

For the CAS planes, CSAT and NATO have the same sensors and stealth properties, for the DLC fighters, the IR sensors of NATO are gimped while radar stealth is the same (and radar sensors are close enough that it doesn't really matter at jet speeds, it seems unbalanced)

Then this for some reason crops up again with the attack helos:

Blackfoot and Kajman have the same radar, but IR:

Blackfoot: 3/2

Kajman: 4/3

Ground range is particularly important here, and the Kajman's IR sensor extends out 50% farther against ground targets. If the blackfoot has to get 33% closer to get IR locks, that completely offsets all its stealth properties, while also having worse durability and less weaponry

Additionally, NATO seems to have more stealthy stuff, and certainly a longer history of stealth research, so they should have some stealthier fighters (like a 0.5 multiplier instead of 0.6 on the shikra). This is already offset by the Shikra being all around better in a dogfight.

I can supply suggested numbers if interested

We're nearing release, hopefully!

Here's a vague teaser; 12 different liveries for the C-192.

20181020153413_1.jpg

• Like 4

if you're interested to reuse  the Kerry  carrier vest and assault bagpack

use the no flag texture in  "expansion/characters_f_exp/vests /Data/V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_noflag_F_co.paa"  

you obtain 2 additional and useful assets without Kerry's name

don't forget the assault Kerry bag has camo 1 and 2

Will any of those Hercules textures be a civy texture? I can't really tell from that picture. It could be nice to have a civy cargoplane.

6 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Will any of those Hercules textures be a civy texture? I can't really tell from that picture. It could be nice to have a civy cargoplane.

It's possible but I won't promise that there'll be a civilian variant. There are only military variants in that pic however.

Just an FYI if you are so inclined, for the civilian C-130 version:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_L-100_Hercules

Also, since you do a lot of texture work, I wonder if a texture change to the F-38's nozzle could make it look more like the LOAN.

The X-35 had a fairly simple nozzle with a basically straight edge at the rim:

Spoiler

A20030172000cp05.jpg

While the F-35 has a sawtooth edge:

Spoiler

800px-USS_America's_Test_F-35_Flight_Ope

1280px-IAF-F-35I-2016-12-13.jpg

This is based on the Low Observable Asymmetric  Nozzle:

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article20.html

The effect of that nozzle is quite important to the F-35's stealth (which is greatly improved over the prototype)

Spoiler

From here, towards the bottom:

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/stealth-techniques-and-benefits/

Pic of an IR image of the flame with the conventional and new nozzle

f_35_metal_rcs1.png

and some graphs/images, related to IR signature:

nozzles.png?w=1200

All this also justifies giving the F-38 some IR stealth :p

While a model change would be a lot of work (and poly for such a small area), could the texture be changed to make it look like a serrated edge?

36 minutes ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Looking good by the way what map is that?

Rosche.

25 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Just an FYI if you are so inclined, for the civilian C-130 version:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_L-100_Hercules

Also, since you do a lot of texture work, I wonder if a texture change to the F-38's nozzle could make it look more like the LOAN.

The X-35 had a fairly simple nozzle with a basically straight edge at the rim:

Hide contents

A20030172000cp05.jpg

While the F-35 has a sawtooth edge:

Hide contents

800px-USS_America's_Test_F-35_Flight_Ope

1280px-IAF-F-35I-2016-12-13.jpg

This is based on the Low Observable Asymmetric  Nozzle:

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article20.html

The effect of that nozzle is quite important to the F-35's stealth (which is greatly improved over the prototype)

Hide contents

From here, towards the bottom:

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/stealth-techniques-and-benefits/

Pic of an IR image of the flame with the conventional and new nozzle

f_35_metal_rcs1.png

and some graphs/images, related to IR signature:

nozzles.png?w=1200

All this also justifies giving the F-38 some IR stealth :p

While a model change would be a lot of work (and poly for such a small area), could the texture be changed to make it look like a serrated edge?

It's possible but again no promises.

Hello! Finally, an update! There's a lot of changes missing from this changelog, fair warning. Missions might break and classnames have changed, but hopefully there won't be too many issues!

29-10-2018

DATA

• Added: Russia faction
  • Added: Paramilitary faction
  • Added: Raven faction
  • Added: AK-107 5.45 mm (variants)
  • Added: FAL 7.62 mm [WIP]
  • Added: Mk16S 5.56 mm (variants)
  • Added: PKP 9.3 mm [WIP]
  • Added: PP-20 9 mm
  • Added: RPK-107 5.45 mm
  • Added: SK-12 12 Gauge
  • Added: 9M335 Volga (variants)
  • Added: AMV-7 Marshall UP
  • Added: Assault Pack (EMR)
  • Added: Assault Pack (Tan)
  • Added: Beret [Russia]
  • Added: Bergen Backpack (Flora)
  • Added: Bergen Backpack (Green)
  • Added: Boonie Hat (EMR)
  • Added: Cap (EMR)
  • Added: Carrier Rig (Coyote, No Flag)
  • Added: Carryall Backpack (Flora)
  • Added: Combat Fatigues [Russia] (Arctic EMR)
  • Added: Combat Fatigues [Russia] (Desert EMR)
  • Added: Combat Fatigues [Russia] (EMR)
  • Added: Goggles (Flora)
  • Added: Goggles (Tropic)
  • Added: Fatigues (Digi) [Raven]
  • Added: Field Pack (Flora)
  • Added: Full Ghillie [Russia]
  • Added: GA Carrier Rig (Desert EMR)
  • Added: GA Carrier Rig (EMR)
  • Added: Gas Mask [CSAT] [WIP]
  • Added: Gas Mask [NATO] [WIP]
  • Added: Gas Mask [Russia] [WIP]
  • Added: Ghillie Suit [FIA]
  • Added: Ghillie Suit [Russia]
  • Added: Military Cap (EMR)
  • Added: Modular Helmet (Coyote)
  • Added: Modular Helmet (EMR)
  • Added: Modular Helmet (White)
  • Added: Officer Fatigues [Russia]
  • Added: Shemag (variants)
  • Added: Special Modular Helmet (variants)
  • Added: Specop Helmet (variants)
  • Added: Tactical Backpack (Flora)
  • Added: Tactical Vest (Grey)
  • Added: Tactical Vest (White)
  • Added: Tanker Coveralls (Khaki) [NATO]
  • Added: Tanker Coveralls [NATO]
  • Added: Tanker Coveralls [Russia]
  • Added: Thermal Sleeves (variants)
  • Added: Ushanka (variants)
  • Added: Digi, Hex, Green Hex, and Sand variants of the Bunker (Tower)
  • Added: Russian green liveries for the MSE-3 Marid, BTR-K Kamysh, ZSU-39 Tigris, 2S9 Sochor, T-100 Varsuk, Ifrit, Tempest, Zamak, Quad Bike, UGV, and the Qilin
  • Added: Russian grey liveries for the To-201 Shikra, To-199 Neophron, UAVs, Mi-280 Taru, Mi-48 Kajman, and the PO-30 Orca
  • Added: Olive liveries for the AFV-4 Gorgon, FV-720 Mora, MBT-52 Kuma, MIM-145 Defender, AN/MPQ-105, and the Strider
  • Added: Several new variants of the Rangemaster Belt plus backpack slot variants
  • Added: Low ROF and high ROF modes for the single and dual M134 miniguns
  • Added: New sound samples for the singlular variant of the M134 minigun
  • Added: Customizable decals for the F-38 Widowmaker
  • Tweaked: Bunkers' textures and materials were improved
  • Tweaked: The L85 / L22's textures and materials were improved [WIP]
  • Tweaked: The C-192 Samson was split into proper vehicle transport and infantry transport variants
  • Tweaked: The C192 Samson's textures and materials were improved
  • Tweaked: The F-38 Widowmaker's textures and materials were improved
  • Tweaked: Textures for the black tactical vest were improved
  • Tweaked: Textures for the Blue, DDPM, DPM, MTP, Sage, and Woodland Combat Fatigues were improved
  • Tweaked: Textures for the CTRG Stealth Uniform (Sand), Stealth Combat Helmet (Sand), and the Stealth Balaclava (Sand) were improved
  • Tweaked: Khaki variants of the Mk16 and Mk17's textures were improved with new black selections
  • Tweaked: All variants of military tents excluding the medical variants have been hidden in the Eden Editor
  • Tweaked: The AK-12's RPM was increased from 600 RPM to 700 RPM
  • Tweaked: Dynamic loadout is fully configured and mirroring properly with new loadouts for the F-38 Widowmaker
  • Tweaked: UV map for the Mk17 variants' rails was improved
  • Tweaked: The GM6 Lynx is now capable of mounting side attachments
  • Tweaked: 12 Gauge HE's damage and spread was reduced
  • Fixed: Alpha-sorting for the F-38 Widowmaker's canopy was incorrect
  • Fixed: Alpha-sorting for the C-192's interior seats was incorrect
  • Fixed: Control-surface animations for the F-38 Widowmaker
  • Fixed: The Mi-48 Kajman's HE rounds were missing
  • Fixed: The Prowler and Qilin's passenger seat and gunner seat issues were fixed
  • Fixed: AAF pilots' weapons were missing
  • Fixed: Blue specularity in the wreck model of the C-192 Samson
  • Fixed: ION infantry had headgear randomization equipping them with FIA headgear
  • Fixed: Paramilitary infantry were missing backpacks
  • Fixed: The Mk17 had selections using the Mk16's materials
  • Fixed: The CAR-95-1 had an incorrect crosshair and classification
  • Fixed: The Mk32 GMG had a tendency to flip when firing
  • Fixed: CTRG Stealth Uniform (Tee) had incorrect textures
  • Removed: L86 LSW 5.56 mm (variants)

I hope y'all enjoy! Please keep in mind a lot of this stuff is very work in progress. I'm sorry for the constant delays! <3

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

This is a great mod, its good to see mod who respect the original game. Do a 2035 chernarus army or is planned ? It would be great to expand the conflict to other teathers and play 2035 sandbox conflict with your mod!

• Like 2