The British CTRG guys in The East Wind use black MXs, so you could easily argue that it is the standard for all of NATO if you wanted to.

Or you could rename the L85A3 and just say it's a modified and improved version. Maybe even a 6.5mm caseless version?

• Like 1

A couple of choices-

• UK makes new rifle
  • Keeps the L85, but it's a highly updated version of it, most of the flaws fixed with it, etc.
  • HK41X series rifles.
  • Like 1

In reality the L85 will probably still be kicking about in the hands of your average squaddie, by that time, the A5/6 version.

UK gov will probably just throw some more money at H&K to improve it.

But in the Armaverse it looks more like NATO have gone STANAG on everything, so I'd see us brits rocking 6.5 caseless MX's.

Maybe a British varient with differing paint job, (as modifying the MX, I take it, can't/wont happen.) So you could maybe just have slighty different colour MX's to distinguish them from the others. (Plus I'm not overly keen on BIS Sand and Khaki colours. I think they're too bright and should be a shade or two darker.)

Thinking more FDE/Coyote and the Olive drab of the current L85's

Maybe in a homage to the L85's. Retexture them with black receiver and coloured stocks and handguards. I think it would be a nice contrast than an all flat colour.

Love this mod btw. :thumb:Even if it does make me hit OK, 17 hundred billion times in Eden. :tounge2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, section 20 said:

In reality the L85 will probably still be kicking about in the hands of your average squaddie, by that time, the A5/6 version.

UK gov will probably just throw some more money at H&K to improve it.

But in the Armaverse it looks more like NATO have gone STANAG on everything, so I'd see us brits rocking 6.5 caseless MX's.

Maybe a British varient with differing paint job, (as modifying the MX, I take it, can't/wont happen.) So you could maybe just have slighty different colour MX's to distinguish them from the others. (Plus I'm not overly keen on BIS Sand and Khaki colours. I think they're too bright and should be a shade or two darker.)

Thinking more FDE/Coyote and the Olive drab of the current L85's

Maybe in a homage to the L85's. Retexture them with black receiver and coloured stocks and handguards. I think it would be a nice contrast than an all flat colour.

Love this mod btw. :thumb:Even if it does make me hit OK, 17 hundred billion times in Eden. :tounge2:

Good idea! Also sorry about that last bit, we're working on it, I promise! :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Night515 said:

Hiya, I wanted to hear y'all's opinion regarding British forces and their standard issue weapon. Do y'all think the L85A3 would still be in service with British forces by 2035? By then, the SA80 platform would be 50 years old; in comparison, the M4 / M16 platform remained in service with the US Army until 2010, for 46 years based off the first pic I could find of Armaverse US soldiers using SCAR rifles. I know the US DoD and UK MoD function differently. Furthermore, the L85 has lots of issues such as a non-ambidextrous design, weight, and probably cost along with other issues.

Of course, we have no plans to cut this weapon - I do genuinely like it on a personal note - but I feel like it isn't a realistic choice for British forces by 2035. What does everyone else think? Personally I think the MX in particular (you could argue the UK uses this based off of the 'Survive' intro) or the Mk20 would be more appropriate.

Vewe6Ma.jpg

In Germany the G3 is still used for reservist and by forces oversea as a DMR, so I don't think it would be unrealistic for the British to still use the SA80 flatform in the 2030s.

• Like 1

I doubt that would change too much in the Armaverse depleted future, if by some miracle the UK remained whole and not conquered by Europe. 

Ergo; UK Forces would almost certainly be using the US stanag as a basis for anything. If resources are as tight as Armaverse predicts then they'd never fund a replacement for the SA80 family - maybe just changing the action to accept the US waffle mags. That might be a bitch to do model-wise - NIArms did it for their G36 pack and it's quite a radical looking change.

Edited by R0adki11
removed politcial comments
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, RabidStoat said:

Armaverse predicts then they'd never fund a replacement for the SA80 family.

Yer - I'd go with CTRG having Black MXs, conventional forces having SA80A3 due to budget issues (as might be expected from a global financial downturn alluded to in the Armaverse storyline). That way you avoid everyone looking like SF and it also means there's a difference between Brits and Americans in terms of some of the kit.

If you went down the MX route for the Brits, I'd give the Brits the Black ARCO, since it looks a bit like the ELCAN LDS, whereas the RCO looks more like the ACOG. You could say the RCO.

I like the way BIS went with the whole NATO being more integrated, but in practice I imagine it would be more haphazard (especially our side of the pond :P ), hence bugging you about the Mk 7 helmets previously @Night515.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Callsign said:

Mk 7 helmets

Mk7 helmets shouldn’t even be a consideration for this mod, which they aren’t. Mk7s are being phased out in favour of the VIRTUS system in 2018, by 2035 they’ll be museum pieces and nothing else.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Flinty said:

Mk7 helmets shouldn’t even be a consideration for this mod, which they aren’t. Mk7s are being phased out in favour of the VIRTUS system in 2018, by 2035 they’ll be museum pieces and nothing else.

Totally, but they certainly differentiate Brits from Americans in Arma, and besides, maybe the Armaverse recession means no VIRTUS? :P

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Callsign said:

Totally, but they certainly differentiate Brits from Americans in Arma, and besides, maybe the Armaverse recession means no VIRTUS? :P

I could be wrong about this but I think the NATO helmets (which are Revision Batlskin helmets, not talking about the OPSCORES) are made by the same company that produces the Cobra P2 helmet. This doesn't really mean anything, but I just thought it was interesting.

1 hour ago, Callsign said:

Yer - I'd go with CTRG having Black MXs, conventional forces having SA80A3 due to budget issues (as might be expected from a global financial downturn alluded to in the Armaverse storyline). That way you avoid everyone looking like SF and it also means there's a difference between Brits and Americans in terms of some of the kit.

If you went down the MX route for the Brits, I'd give the Brits the Black ARCO, since it looks a bit like the ELCAN LDS, whereas the RCO looks more like the ACOG. You could say the RCO.

I like the way BIS went with the whole NATO being more integrated, but in practice I imagine it would be more haphazard (especially our side of the pond :P ), hence bugging you about the Mk 7 helmets previously @Night515.

CTRG (and other NATO special forces) use SPAR-16s over the MX.

• Like 1

Here's an idea, its a real long-shot, but what if you totally and radically changed the state of infantry weapons? You've ported all those SCAR rifles, what if you made that standard issue for the US Army, like it was back around the time of Arrowhead? By 2035 that rifle would still be relatively young in its lifespan and still effective, so still very feasible. Replacing it would be way too expensive for a US in recession. Maybe lets say the Marines, in like 2016 or something, after enough whining to the DOD, get a new rifle to replace the aging M16 like the Army did. They get the SPAR as their new service rifle, essentially a branch-wide adoption of the M27. Now the US is still using 5.56 which might be a little detached from Arma 3 2035 setting because the game really tries to sell the 6.5 fuuuuuutuuure caliber, but it makes sense considering how much 5.56 is just lying around, the economic choice is keeping the old round. So maybe 5.56 stays STANAG by necessity. And by extension, the brits are still operating the SA80, of course an A5 version or something to give the sense of it being improved over the years but while still conveying that they can't afford to adopt a new line of service rifles, which seems realistic to me. Now everyone has their own fancy, faction-unique and identifiable service rifle that provides a little variety among the factions, while making a little sense and staying STANAG doing it. But what of the 6.5 MX line you say? Well, that would be the oper8r gun used by recon units and special forces. It's the next evolution in combat technology but its also something that the big army just can't quite manage to adopt and a branch-wide level. So it becomes a fancy weapon for special units. It doesn't become a logistical issue because these guys have supply lines completely separate from the regular forces anyways. The MX becomes the new AR-15/HK-416 and pretty much everyone's special forces run it.

Whatever you do, I don't think ditching the SA80 is a good idea. Truth be told, I'm sick of seeing the MX. If you can't bring yourself to keep 5.56 STANAG, you could just convert the SA80 to 6.5, like they couldn't afford to buy a new rifle but couldn't afford to not go STANAG so they rolled out 6.5 conversions. I think keeping the MK7 helmets is a good idea for much of the same reason, it gives us something other than just another Combat Helmet retexture or just another MX retexture. And its an alternate timeline so we can just pretend like VIRTUS never happened. I really like differentiation, I don't want to see another faction with the same gun and the same helmet and the same vest and the same tanks just in different colors. There are some limits because I realize there aren't always many options, but here you do have a chance to break it up a bit. Someone mentioned optics, I'll chime in on that too even though you never asked. The ARCO is a good choice for a standard combat optic for the brits, as it resembles the ELCAN LDS they use, and the RCO is a good choice for the US forces, though I'd say it looks nothing like an ACOG, it seems like an eligible successor. However, using the ARCO for both the US and UK would be cool too. ELCAN is the new ACOG, and it would be okay for both sides to be using it IMO, provided they don't use the same rifle too. I just hope that you arm infantry more with Combat Optics than reflex optics. Most armies nowadays issue magnified optics standard, that's just how it is and its a lot more practical. And they look better haha. Like, I guess relfex optics are okay but  the reflex optics we get from BIS aren't cool like Aimpoints though, they're just these wimpy little things that look like over-glorified rail covers that have awful reticles.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Here's an idea, its a real long-shot, but what if you totally and radically changed the state of infantry weapons? You've ported all those SCAR rifles, what if you made that standard issue for the US Army, like it was back around the time of Arrowhead? By 2035 that rifle would still be relatively young in its lifespan and still effective, so still very feasible. Replacing it would be way too expensive for a US in recession. Maybe lets say the Marines, in like 2016 or something, after enough whining to the DOD, get a new rifle to replace the aging M16 like the Army did. They get the SPAR as their new service rifle, essentially a branch-wide adoption of the M27. Now the US is still using 5.56 which might be a little detached from Arma 3 2035 setting because the game really tries to sell the 6.5 fuuuuuutuuure caliber, but it makes sense considering how much 5.56 is just lying around, the economic choice is keeping the old round. So maybe 5.56 stays STANAG by necessity. And by extension, the brits are still operating the SA80, of course an A5 version or something to give the sense of it being improved over the years but while still conveying that they can't afford to adopt a new line of service rifles, which seems realistic to me. Now everyone has their own fancy, faction-unique and identifiable service rifle that provides a little variety among the factions, while making a little sense doing it. But what of the 6.5 MX line you say? Well, that would be the oper8r gun used by recon units and special forces. It's the next evolution in combat technology but its also something that the big army just can't quite manage to adopt and a branch-wide level. So it becomes a fancy weapon for special units. It doesn't become a logistical issue because these guys have supply lines completely separate from the regular forces anyways. The MX becomes the new AR-15/HK-416 and pretty much everyone's special forces run it.

Whatever you do, I don't think ditching the SA80 is a good idea. Truth be told, I'm sick of seeing the MX. If you can't bring yourself to keep 5.56 STANAG, you could just convert the SA80 to 6.5, like they couldn't afford to buy a new rifle but couldn't afford to not go STANAG so they rolled out 6.5 conversions. I think keeping the MK7 helmets is a good idea for much of the same reason, it gives us something other than just another Combat Helmet retexture or just another MX retexture. And its an alternate timeline so we can just pretend like VIRTUS never happened. I really like differentiation, I don't want to see another faction with the same gun and the same helmet and the same vest and the same tanks just in different colors. There are some limits because I realize there aren't always many options, but here you do have a chance to break it up a bit. Someone mentioned optics, I'll chime in on that too even though you never asked. The ARCO is a good choice for a standard combat optic for the brits, as it resembles the ELCAN LDS they use, and the RCO is a good choice for the US forces, though I'd say it looks nothing like an ACOG, it seems like an eligible successor. However, using the ARCO for both the US and UK would be cool too. ELCAN is the new ACOG, and it would be okay for both sides to be using it IMO, provided they don't use the same rifle too. I just hope that you arm infantry more with Combat Optics than reflex optics. Most armies nowadays issue magnified optics standard, that's just how it is and its a lot more practical. And they look better haha. Like, I guess relfex optics are okay but  the reflex optics we get from BIS aren't cool like Aimpoints though, they're just these wimpy little things that look like over-glorified rail covers that have awful reticles.

I'll keep this in mind but it's a big departure from the vanilla setting which I'm (mostly) trying to keep in line with.

In regards to optics I could probably increase the amount of magnified optics in the future. I don't want to mix optics like the ARCO, ERCO, MRCO, and RCO since these optics are more specific to certain factions, like CSAT using ARCOs, AAF using MRCOs, et cetera.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Night515 said:

I'll keep this in mind but it's a big departure from the vanilla setting which I'm (mostly) trying to keep in line with.

In regards to optics I could probably increase the amount of magnified optics in the future. I don't want to mix optics like the ARCO, ERCO, MRCO, and RCO since these optics are more specific to certain factions, like CSAT using ARCOs, AAF using MRCOs, et cetera.

Yeah, I knew as I thought it all out that it would be straying too much from the script but I figured I'd throw it out there anyways. And I get what you mean about optic faction consistency, thats fair.

• Like 2

On 6.7.2018 at 3:12 AM, Night515 said:

Hiya, I wanted to hear y'all's opinion regarding British forces and their standard issue weapon. Do y'all think the L85A3 would still be in service with British forces by 2035? By then, the SA80 platform would be 50 years old; in comparison, the M4 / M16 platform remained in service with the US Army until 2010, for 46 years based off the first pic I could find of Armaverse US soldiers using SCAR rifles. I know the US DoD and UK MoD function differently. Furthermore, the L85 has lots of issues such as a non-ambidextrous design, weight, and probably cost along with other issues.

Of course, we have no plans to cut this weapon - I do genuinely like it on a personal note - but I feel like it isn't a realistic choice for British forces by 2035. What does everyone else think? Personally I think the MX in particular (you could argue the UK uses this based off of the 'Survive' intro) or the Mk20 would be more appropriate.

Vewe6Ma.jpg

Make a reservists unit and give them the L85A3, here in germany we have reservists units they use the old G3.

I think it would a good idea when you give the Mk20 the regular units, the helmets are good, we need some diffrent, not another retexture, i mean we have so many retextures of vanilla clothes, helmets and vests.

And it would a great idea to give the AAF a Camo version of the Mk18 ABR, it looks unreal, any ordonance weapon has the AAF Camo, except the Mk18.

Maybe a little bit late, but I just discovered that I can't find Kabeiroi units (and other guys with FIA-like clothes with different colors). Have you removed them? They've had nice uniforms, like the red ones for the OPFOR FIA units.

He has moved them to a separate pack, which will be released at a later time

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Igor Nikolaev said:

Maybe a little bit late, but I just discovered that I can't find Kabeiroi units (and other guys with FIA-like clothes with different colors). Have you removed them? They've had nice uniforms, like the red ones for the OPFOR FIA units.

Kabeiroi is not coming back since they were quite literally just the FIA. The textures are in the main files and most of their uniforms are still in the game, however. Bandits may or may not come back with heavy changes, but we'll see. Either way, some of their uniforms still exist.

2 minutes ago, Night515 said:

Kabeiroi is not coming back since they were quite literally just the FIA. The textures are in the main files and most of their uniforms are still in the game, however. Bandits may or may not come back with heavy changes, but we'll see. Either way, some of their uniforms still exist.

Not that comfortable to change each guys' textures every time, especially in MP. Would be cool to just see the unique uniforms. As for me, I want to recreate some parts of the Operation Magnitude 2011, it was possible to do it with the old build, but I just found that these bandits are gone, sadly :( 

Can you make an MTP MX rifle series camo? Kind of always had a grudge against wearing MTP fatigues and using a sand colored rifle.  Also MTP 4-five and khaki 4-five? Or at least instead of MTP just a flat light brownish-greenish that works with the MTP. Thanks

1 minute ago, WastedMike_ said:

Where are all the changelogs for the development version?

Go check the A3 HUB, there's everything you've been looking for.

https://discord.gg/dyXnZ8u

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WastedMike_ said:

Why is it there and not on the steam page? Also the changelog is super outdated.

Forgetful / no motivation to record changes which I'm tryna get back into.

Some more changes. We're working towards a release currently and also waiting on Tanks DLC samples.

Tiger Regiment insignia

tv5sUNr.jpg

7th Infantry Division insignia

Aa2irov.jpg

Arctic EMR camouflage

qH1Zoid.jpg

Russian camouflage nets

5UjrcBA.jpg

NATO arctic camouflage nets

by9xjlx.jpg

New decals for the Widowmaker (customizeable via setObjectTexture)

VTq8mda.jpg

• Like 13

Another update!

We've redone the textures for CTRG's sand stealth equipment

20180809195332_1.jpg

The M9 was renamed to the M92FS and received new textures. NATO special forces will now be issued these instead of the 4-five; British special forces will use the G17 however.

20180815144206_1.jpg

Tactical Vest (White)

20180817081421_1.jpg

Tactical Vest (Dark)

20180817081013_1.jpg

9M335 Volga (Brown & Green)

20180819075701_1.jpg

20180819075724_1.jpg

AMV-7 Marshall UP

20180823000930_1.jpg

While aesthetically it's simply a default Marshall that comes with slat armor by default, the UP variant is actually equipped with a 40 mm cannon. It has less ammo than the default variant (120 GPR-T and 80 APFSDS-T vs 280 MP-T and 120 APFSDS-T). Ideally I would've loved to have added some ERA and a Mk30 HMG but y'know. :l

• Like 9