Can't load my mission cause the addon with P99 is missing. Also, made a freaking mistake trying to delete the addon from the binarized mission file ruining the scenario entirely

2 hours ago, Igor Nikolaev said:

Can't load my mission cause the addon with P99 is missing. Also, made a freaking mistake trying to delete the addon from the binarized mission file ruining the scenario entirely

Sorry. I forgot to make a reverse compatibility patch for that.

It's best not to save missions binarized while you're working in them.

The woodland helmet variants are gone :O *shock* *horror*

6 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

The woodland helmet variants are gone :O *shock* *horror*

Temporarily. I wasn't fond of them so I'm going to redo them. :)

• Like 1

I personally liked the ECH one, the LCH one not so much. It was pretty much the only "spray-painted" helmet that actually worked on Tanoa, so it fit the vanilla NATO style better than the tropic helmet; the LCH version looks fine but IMO the ECH version is just blech. 

• Like 1

Awesome 7.62 madness has returned!

Yeah I noticed  my heavy gunners' favorite helmet the woodland one was missing but if it's getting a redo then hellyeah!  There was a nice new one added, I don't recall the name but I plan to pour over my AI squads loadouts this evening and play with some of the new gear.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2018 at 6:24 PM, Night515 said:

@Night515 How you become the mud/earth/dirt texture for the vehicles like zamak or the tanks ?

1 hour ago, maxl30 said:

@Night515 How you become the mud/earth/dirt texture for the vehicles like zamak or the tanks ?

Different channels in the SMDI textures can be used to make masks for the dirt.

Yeah those Zamak textures :eyeheart:  I've not taken a look at them in game yet. 

More dirty stuff, I like the idea of that.  A really dirty pass on some of the vehicles  ( Gorgon, Marid haha ) would b awesome!  I might need to shut my mouth and open Substance Painter and/or Photoshop myself instead of hassling you all the time =) 

• Like 1

Have you ever thought about making missions for this mod, like some sort of showcases?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kalle M. said:

Have you ever thought about making missions for this mod, like some sort of showcases?

Maybe at some point. :P

• Like 1

51aagX.png

It's official! The teams of Arma 3 Aegis and 2035: Russian Armed Forces are now working together. If you enjoy the 2035 setting, we highly recommend you follow their BI forums page and steam workshop page! They've got amazingly high quality, unique, and interesting content!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

OOOOOOOHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :don14::icon_dj::yeahthat::wiggle::slayer::shine::hyper:

• Like 2

Sounds awesome Night515, does this mean an assets share that is transparent to us the users or are we going to see some big ass merger at some point?

BTW I swear I posted over the weekend asking if those Tempest retextures are in Aegis live atm?  I searched for them but no dice...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakuaz said:

Sounds awesome Night515, does this mean an assets share that is transparent to us the users or are we going to see some big ass merger at some point?

BTW I swear I posted over the weekend asking if those Tempest retextures are in Aegis live atm?  I searched for them but no dice...

They'll remain separate, but some assets will be shared (with a few differences of course). Also the Tempest retextures are currently removed; I plan on potentially redoing them.

• Like 3

That's great news, I had been thinking that the two mods would complement each other really well.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 12:18 AM, Callsign said:

Some of us are trying to do just that ;)

I don't know how a single mission would showcase everything, from shotguns to F-35s, but there are certainly missions which would make use of these assets.

It wouldn't be hard at all to make a simple Jets showcase-style mission for the F-38. The missions I've made with the F-35 make use of one other (slightly tweaked) addon (the Atlast LHD+ addon, not the one in CUP, the older Atlas plus one needs a bit of tweaking to not screw up certain weapons in the current version), or simpyl have it spawn in midair and have the mission complete by flying off the edge of the map (representing flying back to an offshore carrier).

It could be fairly easy to have some mission with F-35s operating from some forward base with a field but no proper runway, some nato Moras/Gorgons/Striders, and infantry  with the new weapons, but it would seem to me that the mission would really only showcase some of it, and the rest would just be window dressing in the background (with what the window dressing is depending on if the mission focuses on the infantry, the armor, or the jets at the FOB)....

On another note, since the mod is being split into parts, might there be just a separate mod for addons vs tweaks/modifications of existing assets? I unload the mod for various purposes (like playing online with others), and its relatively easy to keep track of what is vanilla vs what is in the mod and how the stuff added by the mod behaves.

- but its not easy to keep track of how vanilla assets behave with/without the mod. Changes to weapon loadout/magazines of vehicles isn't too bad, but knowing that there are tweaks to the behavior of vanilla weapons and vehicles makes me wonder what has changed (dispersion? damage? bullet drag? muzzle velocity? etc), and when I think of a weapon and approximately how well it has worked in the past in various situations, I become unsure if those situations were in vanilla/Aegis, and if it will still work like that on the other.

Basically, to me there is a lot of value in knowing that vanilla assets behave the same with and without the mod.

I still want the .50 cal NATO sniper rifles, the bullpup shotguns, the new vehicle textures, new vehicles etc

• Like 2

Two things. 1) would it be possible to make your modded camouflaged helmets be compatible with Mr Sanchez's Head Lamp mod? I love your camouflaged helmets but i cant use the helmet light, and being able to use the helmet light on your camouflaged helmets would be gnarly. 2) would it also be possible to add the attachments (battery on top, LED light on side, whatever else is on the other side of the helmet from the LED) which are on the ECH and LPH onto the Special Combat Helmets? You took off those attachments from the LPH to make the Low Profile Helmet so would it also be possible to add those helmet attachments onto the SCH?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ex3B said:

I don't know how a single mission would showcase everything, from shotguns to F-35s, but there are certainly missions which would make use of these assets.

It wouldn't be hard at all to make a simple Jets showcase-style mission for the F-38. The missions I've made with the F-35 make use of one other (slightly tweaked) addon (the Atlast LHD+ addon, not the one in CUP, the older Atlas plus one needs a bit of tweaking to not screw up certain weapons in the current version), or simpyl have it spawn in midair and have the mission complete by flying off the edge of the map (representing flying back to an offshore carrier).

It could be fairly easy to have some mission with F-35s operating from some forward base with a field but no proper runway, some nato Moras/Gorgons/Striders, and infantry  with the new weapons, but it would seem to me that the mission would really only showcase some of it, and the rest would just be window dressing in the background (with what the window dressing is depending on if the mission focuses on the infantry, the armor, or the jets at the FOB)....

On another note, since the mod is being split into parts, might there be just a separate mod for addons vs tweaks/modifications of existing assets? I unload the mod for various purposes (like playing online with others), and its relatively easy to keep track of what is vanilla vs what is in the mod and how the stuff added by the mod behaves.

- but its not easy to keep track of how vanilla assets behave with/without the mod. Changes to weapon loadout/magazines of vehicles isn't too bad, but knowing that there are tweaks to the behavior of vanilla weapons and vehicles makes me wonder what has changed (dispersion? damage? bullet drag? muzzle velocity? etc), and when I think of a weapon and approximately how well it has worked in the past in various situations, I become unsure if those situations were in vanilla/Aegis, and if it will still work like that on the other.

Basically, to me there is a lot of value in knowing that vanilla assets behave the same with and without the mod.

I still want the .50 cal NATO sniper rifles, the bullpup shotguns, the new vehicle textures, new vehicles etc

Aegis doesn't touch performance of vanilla weapons for the most part. Most changes are magazine size related or attachments related.

31 minutes ago, 6osbo said:

Two things. 1) would it be possible to make your modded camouflaged helmets be compatible with Mr Sanchez's Head Lamp mod? I love your camouflaged helmets but i cant use the helmet light, and being able to use the helmet light on your camouflaged helmets would be gnarly. 2) would it also be possible to add the attachments (battery on top, LED light on side, whatever else is on the other side of the helmet from the LED) which are on the ECH and LPH onto the Special Combat Helmets? You took off those attachments from the LPH to make the Low Profile Helmet so would it also be possible to add those helmet attachments onto the SCH?

1. Sorry, I've got no plans to do compatibility for anything beyond ALiVE, CBA, and ACE. The community is free to make their own patches of course.

2. I can't modify official models, I'm afraid.

• Like 2

What an amazing mod, really appreciate all the efforts you guys put to expand on the 2035 setting. 

I have some suggestions if you dont mind:

- Csat grey hex camo(found on aircraft)for air force pilots/ground personnel

- Csat blue hex camo(found on aircraft)for naval/maritime crew/personnel

- Darken the nato us mtp camo to match real life scorpion ocp camo

- US4CES camo? 

- marpat woodland camo? Aor 1 and 2 camos? 

- Add helmet cameras and headsets to ballistic mandible helmet variants

- New nato combat vest rigs that have consistent mag pouches. The grenadier/heavy rigs have pouches that only hold mx series 6.5 caseless mags, while carrier lite/rigs have pouches that hold 5.56 mags.

- Additional vest/rig variants to hold spmg pouches and marksman rifle mags? 

- any plans to create exosuits and helmets? 

- Lastly is it possible to add foregrips to spar16 and spar17? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adidasv3 said:

What an amazing mod, really appreciate all the efforts you guys put to expand on the 2035 setting. 

I have some suggestions if you dont mind:

- Csat grey hex camo(found on aircraft)for air force pilots/ground personnel

- Csat blue hex camo(found on aircraft)for naval/maritime crew/personnel

- Darken the nato us mtp camo to match real life scorpion ocp camo

- US4CES camo? 

- marpat woodland camo? Aor 1 and 2 camos? 

- Add helmet cameras and headsets to ballistic mandible helmet variants

- New nato combat vest rigs that have consistent mag pouches. The grenadier/heavy rigs have pouches that only hold mx series 6.5 caseless mags, while carrier lite/rigs have pouches that hold 5.56 mags.

- Additional vest/rig variants to hold spmg pouches and marksman rifle mags? 

- any plans to create exosuits and helmets? 

- Lastly is it possible to add foregrips to spar16 and spar17? 

1. This is potentially possible but no promises

2. I feel like urban can already be used for this purpose

3. NATO MTP is based off Multicam, not OCP

4. Not sure

5. AOR is gross. MARPAT will probably show up in a separate project ;)

6. Can't sadly

7. Can't sadly

8. Can't sadly

9. Maybe in the distant future

10. Can't sadly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1