Thanks for the update,

The 6.5 mm MGs will now be replaced with .338 coaxile SPMGs.

Wow... that is quite a jump in firepower. In the vehicle inits, I often gave them .308 coaxial guns (.308 is a very common NATO cartridge after all), but .338 is even more potent. With that the co-axial guns will chew up the new Nyx, and presumably MRAPs.

The olive reskins were removed as better ones were added with Tanks DLC. 

I haven't checked out any dev build, but I'm curious about the NATO reskins of AAF units.

I saw here:

that they have an Olive skin for the AAF's new armored vehicle... this seems to me like it would work OK as a NATO skin (at least for NATO pacific forces), I know they revamped a lot of the old units, and they already had "sand NATO" skins for the strider and Gorgon... are those options selectable in game now without scripting?

Any plans for a "sand" skin of the new AAF Nyx? Its said to come from a NATO country (Germany) after all.

And less on topic comments on the new DLC and this mod/things I had suggested in the mod:

Spoiler

*  I had previously suggested a port of the Arma2 striker MGS to give NATO some more airmobile firepower: request rescinded, the new Rhino is basically exactly what I had suggested anyway

* Looks like the AAF is getting jungle camo netting... awesome... I can thus partially or completely rescind my request for jungle camo skins for the AAF - though I don't know what other AAF vehicle are getting a jungle camo net option.

* Looks like the new T-14 is going to stomp all over other tanks in any scenario where amphibious/airflift capabilities and Airsupport don't matter. I don't know what if anything should be done to address that, as we would need an entirely new model (and entirely imaginative model) to address this.... umm... hurry up on that WIP Apache/Navajo? :p

*  I had previously suggested giving CSAT some airmobile Anti-Armor options: partially filled by this DLC, as they have a Qilin with an AT launcher. I'm no longer a proponent of up-gunning the Ifrit (also because as I said in another post, it seems in real life the 12.7x108mm Russian cartridge isn't more powerful than the 12.7x99mm NATO one, because of lower chamber pressure).

- Instead I would actually love CSAT reskins of the new Nxy... the autocannon version would be very close to my previous desire of an upgunned Ifrit. Right now CSAT still has no amphibious or airmobile vehicles with large cannons or autocannons - but an airmobile vehicle with an AT launcher is a start.

* The AAF finally gets an AA system, and its unique and adds capabilities that CSAT and NATO lack... it is airmobile AA, and decentralized AA since the radar and launcher units are separate. I can easily see scenario's giving NATO the Nyx with an olive skin for airmobile AA (I wonder if you can fit 1 or even two in the blackfish, or it it will be restricted to sling loading). CSAT thus becomes the only major faction without a readily available stand-in for an airmobile AA. So, again another reason to make hex camo variants of this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Thanks for the update,

Wow... that is quite a jump in firepower. In the vehicle inits, I often gave them .308 coaxial guns (.308 is a very common NATO cartridge after all), but .338 is even more potent. With that the co-axial guns will chew up the new Nyx, and presumably MRAPs.

I haven't checked out any dev build, but I'm curious about the NATO reskins of AAF units.

I saw here:

that they have an Olive skin for the AAF's new armored vehicle... this seems to me like it would work OK as a NATO skin (at least for NATO pacific forces), I know they revamped a lot of the old units, and they already had "sand NATO" skins for the strider and Gorgon... are those options selectable in game now without scripting?

Any plans for a "sand" skin of the new AAF Nyx? Its said to come from a NATO country (Germany) after all.

And less on topic comments on the new DLC and this mod/things I had suggested in the mod:

Hide contents

*  I had previously suggested a port of the Arma2 striker MGS to give NATO some more airmobile firepower: request rescinded, the new Rhino is basically exactly what I had suggested anyway

* Looks like the AAF is getting jungle camo netting... awesome... I can thus partially or completely rescind my request for jungle camo skins for the AAF - though I don't know what other AAF vehicle are getting a jungle camo net option.

* Looks like the new T-14 is going to stomp all over other tanks in any scenario where amphibious/airflift capabilities and Airsupport don't matter. I don't know what if anything should be done to address that, as we would need an entirely new model (and entirely imaginative model) to address this.... umm... hurry up on that WIP Apache/Navajo? :p

*  I had previously suggested giving CSAT some airmobile Anti-Armor options: partially filled by this DLC, as they have a Qilin with an AT launcher. I'm no longer a proponent of up-gunning the Ifrit (also because as I said in another post, it seems in real life the 12.7x108mm Russian cartridge isn't more powerful than the 12.7x99mm NATO one, because of lower chamber pressure).

- Instead I would actually love CSAT reskins of the new Nxy... the autocannon version would be very close to my previous desire of an upgunned Ifrit. Right now CSAT still has no amphibious or airmobile vehicles with large cannons or autocannons - but an airmobile vehicle with an AT launcher is a start.

* The AAF finally gets an AA system, and its unique and adds capabilities that CSAT and NATO lack... it is airmobile AA, and decentralized AA since the radar and launcher units are separate. I can easily see scenario's giving NATO the Nyx with an olive skin for airmobile AA (I wonder if you can fit 1 or even two in the blackfish, or it it will be restricted to sling loading). CSAT thus becomes the only major faction without a readily available stand-in for an airmobile AA. So, again another reason to make hex camo variants of this?

The .338 was chosen as it was the next best thing for NATO. They don't have a 7.62 mm machine gun and the Mk200 was too weak as a coax.

Once the samples are out I'll definitely retexture the Nyx to be sand. A CSAT version won't come however, sorry. I have no idea how to remedy that really. Unrelated, I'm thinking about something for NATO. Either an MBT or light tank, most likely the former. No promises.

We haven't done anything to the Navajo and Jackal yet, unfortunately, but we plan to eventually. We've also thought about putting them in their own pack but who knows. Much like the Osprey I have no interest in working on them currently but that'll most likely change in the future.

17 minutes ago, Night515 said:

The .338 was chosen as it was the next best thing for NATO. They don't have a 7.62 mm machine gun and the Mk200 was too weak as a coax.

In game... yea, they don't... which is weird... to think that the M240 and all similar weapons would be gone in 17 years, while .308 rifles are still in use with those forces...  and you have changed the miniguns back to 7.62mm (allthough the AH-9's always were 7.62). The good thing about coaxials is that they don't have much of a 3d model at all, it could be nearly any small arm in the turret. I never found anything to be logically inconsistent when I changed NATO coax weapons to "LMG_coax" via the init field, but whatever, if they get bumped up to .338, I won't complain.

I'm thinking about something for NATO. Either an MBT or light tank, most likely the former. No promises.

As for NATO, you've already made a NATO variant of the Kuma, so they have a "true" MBT and not a super-IFV. If you make NATO variants of the NYX, does that count as a light tank? Its not an APC because it caries no troops.

I had to go on wikipedia to see what a light tank even is in the modern sense, as they have basically dissappeared since the emergence of the MBT and  cannon/autocannon equipped IFVs/APCs.

I *think* the Nyx with an autocannon should count as a light tank, but so should a Mora or a Kamysh with the seats blocked, no?

Once the samples are out I'll definitely retexture the Nyx to be sand. A CSAT version won't come however, sorry. I have no idea how to remedy that really

Maybe a black/dark grey texture would work fine for scenario/mission making purposes. I seem to recall that the T-14 is getting a dark grey camo option. If other CSAT armor gets that option, it would at least be able to visually fit in (even if the canon [story, not the gun] is that its a german made vehicle)

... or CSAT remains a powerful land force (even more so with the T-14), with poor amphibious assault capability... which is fine for me, for now, because I've moved to playing around mostly on Altis now, away from Tanoa, so there's not really any place that requires an amphibious or aerial assault assuming CSAT starts on the island and not at an offshore base/ship.

Also, there's always the CSAT+AAF teamup option, so its not a big deal. CSAT can be the muscle that follows AAF mooks establishing a beachead

Rather than completely removing your version of the Kamaz Grad(?) maybe rework it into a short(er) ranged unguided system? So, more of a counterpart to the SPGs than MLRS.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, biggerdave said:

Rather than completely removing your version of the Kamaz Grad(?) maybe rework it into a short(er) ranged unguided system? So, more of a counterpart to the SPGs than MLRS.

Sorry, but this probably won't happen. However, we could mount something else on the back potentially. No promises. ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Night515 said:

Sorry, but this probably won't happen. However, we could mount something else on the back potentially. No promises. ;)

Should give the Grad to the weaker militia style factions, while the advanced MLS to the proper militarise. That way you can keep both but also slightly expands the arsenal of smaller factions. 

Also I'm fuckin keen for your retextures of the DLC vehicles! Keen to get a hold of a NATO Nyx! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Should give the Grad to the weaker militia style factions, while the advanced MLS to the proper militarise. That way you can keep both but also slightly expands the arsenal of smaller factions. 

Well, I'm not sure what the effective difference is between the two rocket loaunch systems. Maybe a mortar carrier grad would be better. It would fit in with lower tech forces as well.

Also I'm fuckin keen for your retextures of the DLC vehicles! Keen to get a hold of a NATO Nyx! 

If you play on Tanoa, the olive texture already seems to fit perfectly with the green NATO textures. Its just missing an arid texture that fits with NATO... sort of the opposite of the vanilla strider and gorgon, which could be given a NATO sand texture.

@Night515 Can you turn the Nyx into a drone relatively easy? I was reading about the real world Wiesel, and:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SYRANO

The US bought some Wiesels for robotics trials, and the French are developing it into a robotic system. I had wanted an armored UGV with the DLC and was disappointed, but maybe what they made can be readily adapted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Well, I'm not sure what the effective difference is between the two rocket loaunch systems. Maybe a mortar carrier grad would be better. It would fit in with lower tech forces as well.

If you play on Tanoa, the olive texture already seems to fit perfectly with the green NATO textures. Its just missing an arid texture that fits with NATO... sort of the opposite of the vanilla strider and gorgon, which could be given a NATO sand texture.

@Night515 Can you turn the Nyx into a drone relatively easy? I was reading about the real world Wiesel, and:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SYRANO

The US bought some Wiesels for robotics trials, and the French are developing it into a robotic system. I had wanted an armored UGV with the DLC and was disappointed, but maybe what they made can be readily adapted.

That's a good idea actually, I'll think about it.

• Like 3

@Night515:

Quick question in regard to the Kamaz truck: Could it be turned into a sam vehicle? I think the AAF could realy use one. The AA Nyx is nice and all, but it is just a short range system. Altis actually lacks any sort of defence for aerial threats in the mid range sector. 

So, I was thinking about something like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SLAMRAAM
(Don't get me wrong, I'm just throwing this in, for in case you don't know what else to do with the truck :) )

you mentioned (without promises :D ) that you were thinking about a new vehicle for NATO...May I ask, if a tracked IFV like the CV-90 would be possible? NATO truly lacks one, and I don't think, that by 2035 they would get rid of such a valuable platform (IFVs in general).

as always, 

many many thanks for your continued work on this mod, it is actually one the reasons I still play Arma3. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flv*venom* said:

@Night515:

Quick question in regard to the Kamaz truck: Could it be turned into a sam vehicle? I think the AAF could realy use one. The AA Nyx is nice and all, but it is just a short range system. Altis actually lacks any sort of defence for aerial threats in the mid range sector. 

So, I was thinking about something like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SLAMRAAM
(Don't get me wrong, I'm just throwing this in, for in case you don't know what else to do with the truck :) )

you mentioned (without promises :D ) that you were thinking about a new vehicle for NATO...May I ask, if a tracked IFV like the CV-90 would be possible? NATO truly lacks one, and I don't think, that by 2035 they would get rid of such a valuable platform (IFVs in general).

as always, 

many many thanks for your continued work on this mod, it is actually one the reasons I still play Arma3. 

Thank you! We aren't planning on adding anymore AA assets as the current mobile AA is sufficient in our view, and the Jets DLC AA systems cover the rest (PS: You can edit them in virtual garage to access tan and olive liveries). While NATO does *technically* have a tracked IFV (the FV-720 Mora for British forces), a standard NATO one is definitely a good idea, especially a CV-90.

We'll see. :)

• Like 3

Ooooh, a light tank could be very cool! Maybe something like an M8 or a Stingray?

• Like 2

The latest dev branch changed the coaxial NATO MGs from 6.5mm to 7.62

Tweaked: The Marshall, Gorgon, Kamysh and Slammer coaxial guns have had their caliber changed to 7.62mm

(I thought the Gorgon already did have a 7.62 coax... whatever)

Will this affect your decision to upgun all the NATO stuff to .338? Your current plan(?) would make it more consistent with the Rhino and its .338 coax. BI should probably standardize that... either bring all NATO coaxs to .308, or all to .338. Having a mixture seems a bit weird - I'm guessing thats also your opinion since you were/are going to standardize them.

And... coming back to a point I made long ago. I was looking in the config files today, and there is an ammo type called B_127x99_SLAP (with all tracer varieties) -- SLAP = Saboted Light Armor Penetrator.. It seems to be an unused equivalent to 12.7x108mm APDS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saboted_light_armor_penetrator

Maybe you can configure a magazine for your NATO 50 cal to use these rounds?

Adding ADPS and SLAP to the HMGs and NVSTs would probably be a bit much though, it may be a bit OPd on anything other than the low ROF small magazine size infantry weapons.

We aren't planning on adding anymore AA assets as the current mobile AA is sufficient in our view, and the Jets DLC AA systems cover the rest (PS: You can edit them in virtual garage to access tan and olive liveries).

Don't forget the attachTo command :p You can see a mortar carrying truck in the Tac Ops DLC, that is just done with the attachtTo command.

I've been playing around with it lately, attaching vehicle ammo boxes/ fuel drum racks to civy trucks to make a vanilla airmobile alternative to the AAF/CSAT zamaks (as well as just using the setObjectTexture command to give the zamak ammo the blue and green civy color scheme) - the AI doesn't always know what to do with such franken-vehicles though (the truck won't know that its a support truck if given a support waypoint for instance), but an attached turret will open fire, even if the driver AI still thinks its an unarmed vehicle and drives accordingly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ex3B said:

The latest dev branch changed the coaxial NATO MGs from 6.5mm to 7.62

(I thought the Gorgon already did have a 7.62 coax... whatever)

Will this affect your decision to upgun all the NATO stuff to .338? Your current plan(?) would make it more consistent with the Rhino and its .338 coax. BI should probably standardize that... either bring all NATO coaxs to .308, or all to .338. Having a mixture seems a bit weird - I'm guessing thats also your opinion since you were/are going to standardize them.

And... coming back to a point I made long ago. I was looking in the config files today, and there is an ammo type called B_127x99_SLAP (with all tracer varieties) -- SLAP = Saboted Light Armor Penetrator.. It seems to be an unused equivalent to 12.7x108mm APDS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saboted_light_armor_penetrator

Maybe you can configure a magazine for your NATO 50 cal to use these rounds?

Adding ADPS and SLAP to the HMGs and NVSTs would probably be a bit much though, it may be a bit OPd on anything other than the low ROF small magazine size infantry weapons.

Don't forget the attachTo command :p You can see a mortar carrying truck in the Tac Ops DLC, that is just done with the attachtTo command.

I've been playing around with it lately, attaching vehicle ammo boxes/ fuel drum racks to civy trucks to make a vanilla airmobile alternative to the AAF/CSAT zamaks (as well as just using the setObjectTexture command to give the zamak ammo the blue and green civy color scheme) - the AI doesn't always know what to do with such franken-vehicles though (the truck won't know that its a support truck if given a support waypoint for instance), but an attached turret will open fire, even if the driver AI still thinks its an unarmed vehicle and drives accordingly.

The .338s will be abandoned in favor of 7.62 mm, yes. This includes replacing the Rhino's .338 coaxial MG. Also, the .50 SLAP rounds for the Warfare-50 is a good idea!

• Like 1

I personally feel that .338 provides a nice little unique quirk for NATO vehicles and sets them apart a bit more, and Aegis a touch more while still being super lore-friendly. I'm also personally in favor of adding an olive retex for the "British" AAF vehicles, and if possible the NATO cars as well. 

As for the MBT thing, I know a lot of people would put their hat in for either the Challenger or Abrams. Considering that they already get some pretty decent love in modern mods (I would be surprised if the RHS Abrams doesn't get an interior in the next couple updates), and the fact that they are the obvious cliché choice, Leopard 2 already present, I'm thinking something a little bit more out of the box.

I would've recommended the Merkava in a heartbeat if BIS hadn't done it already (awful shame we're all tired of it by now :sad_o:), so I'm thinking maybe something either a little bit further afield (Type 10, Arjun), something a bit more overlooked (Leclerc, Ariete), or even something from the past (MBT-70, Leopard C2). Granted, resources for any of these are going to be much harder to come by, and if that ends up being the case a bespoke vehicle might even be feasible if this route of something more eclectic is chosen (A GM XM1 Abrams turret, frontal hull, and slightly angled in side hull with the Chrysler's side hull profile, Honeywell turbine, and a long-barrel 152 as a heavy gun tank would be my first choice. I already have ideas for the loadout, mobility, armor, variants and everything) though such a mashup vehicle would take a lot of original modeling, especially to get it to the point it doesn't stick out wildly from the rest of BIS' stuff.

If readily available resources are the preferred method, I'll take the Abrams or Challenger. If something that already exists IRL but resources need not be extant is preferred, Type 10 for sure. I wish I had good modeling skills, I would love to make that XM1 hybrid... 

EDIT: Actually, a lot could be reused from the Arma 2 Abrams model to make an XM1 GM. A straight-up XM1 GM with turbine noises (mandatory :teeth:) would be a nice alternative to the Gen. Dynamics Abrams if one were to go with something a little less nuts than the 152mm and parts mashup; it would still be very much an MURIKAN tank, but not necessarily a straight up copy-paste M1 as it exists today. I am partial towards the 152 and making it a heavy gun tank instead of an MBT so it doesn't completely overlap/overshadow the Slammer

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, Hvymtal said:

I personally feel that .338 provides a nice little unique quirk for NATO vehicles and sets them apart a bit more, and Aegis a touch more while still being super lore-friendly. I'm also personally in favor of adding an olive retex for the "British" AAF vehicles, and if possible the NATO cars as well. 

As for the MBT thing, I know a lot of people would put their hat in for either the Challenger or Abrams. Considering that they already get some pretty decent love in modern mods (I would be surprised if the RHS Abrams doesn't get an interior in the next couple updates), and the fact that they are the obvious cliché choice, Leopard 2 already present, I'm thinking something a little bit more out of the box.

I would've recommended the Merkava in a heartbeat if BIS hadn't done it already (awful shame we're all tired of it by now :sad_o:), so I'm thinking maybe something either a little bit further afield (Type 10, Arjun), something a bit more overlooked (Leclerc, Ariete), or even something from the past (MBT-70, Leopard C2). Granted, resources for any of these are going to be much harder to come by, and if that ends up being the case a bespoke vehicle might even be feasible if this route of something more eclectic is chosen (A GM XM1 Abrams turret, frontal hull, and slightly angled in side hull with the Chrysler's side hull profile, Honeywell turbine, and a long-barrel 152 as a heavy gun tank would be my first choice. I already have ideas for the loadout, mobility, armor, variants and everything) though such a mashup vehicle would take a lot of original modeling, especially to get it to the point it doesn't stick out wildly from the rest of BIS' stuff.

If readily available resources are the preferred method, I'll take the Abrams or Challenger. If something that already exists IRL but resources need not be extant is preferred, Type 10 for sure. I wish I had good modeling skills, I would love to make that XM1 hybrid... 

EDIT: Actually, a lot could be reused from the Arma 2 Abrams model to make an XM1 GM. A straight-up XM1 GM with turbine noises (mandatory :teeth:) would be a nice alternative to the Gen. Dynamics Abrams if one were to go with something a little less nuts than the 152mm and parts mashup; it would still be very much an MURIKAN tank, but not necessarily a straight up copy-paste M1 as it exists today. I am partial towards the 152 and making it a heavy gun tank instead of an MBT so it doesn't completely overlap/overshadow the Slammer

Well, crap, now I want to throw my hat in the ring lol.

On 3/19/2018 at 6:55 AM, Hvymtal said:

This is true, but the .338 was also pretty overpowered. If Bohemia is just going to use 7.62 mm as the standard than I guess I will too. :P

And olive retextures for the AAF vehicles will come once I have time.

On 3/19/2018 at 6:55 AM, Hvymtal said:

An MBT is definitely a good idea, but personally I'm more interested in an IFV for NATO. I'll keep it in mind though! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Night515 said:

This is true, but the .338 was also pretty overpowered. If Bohemia is just going to use 7.62 mm as the standard than I guess I will too. :P

And olive retextures for the AAF vehicles will come once I have time.

An MBT is definitely a good idea, but personally I'm more interested in an IFV for NATO. I'll keep it in mind though! :)

Easy solution would be to turn the Panther into an IFV by fitting a remote autocannon turret. If you go that route I advocate for a rapid fire 20mm cannon; little bit different from the other autocannon APCs and requires a bit more finesse to get the most out of. Something more bespoke, a CV90 if resources are available. For existing assets, The Bradley may be the overly obvious choice, but it's really the only one out there for NATO factions. The Marder, AMX-10P, or Puma are also good alternatives, with ze German vehicles already having some resources available if the respective owners permit it

• Like 1

CV-90 is actually perfect for both a modern high-mobility "medium" tank AND an advanced heavy IFV.

CV90120-T 120mm equipped tank

Spoiler

cv90120t_l4.jpg

CV90 Mk4

Spoiler

1200042477.jpg

• Like 1

Hey great work. I really like the mod, I have a question though? Are you planning on adding any units from other Mediterranean countries, like Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Egypt, Israel, Italy ???

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, bars91 said:

CV-90 is actually perfect for both a modern high-mobility "medium" tank AND an advanced heavy IFV.

CV90120-T 120mm equipped tank

Reveal hidden contents

cv90120t_l4.jpg

CV90 Mk4

Reveal hidden contents

1200042477.jpg

Light tank is more appropriate considering that MBTs are just an extension of the balanced medium tank concept. A modern heavy tank would be WWII medium tank slow, have sufficient armor to defend against enemy AP projectiles from the front and side, have at least a 6-inch gun, and likely be over 100 tons and completely unsuitable for on road use. Plus the CV90 is pitifully armored compared to modern anti-tank weaponry's capabilities. Besides, for a light tank I'd be thinking of something a touch more on the small and nippy side, more M8 Buford than CV90-120

If I may make a request/suggestion, perhaps a winter equipment side mod related to Aegis? There's very little out there for winter uniforms, gear, and vehicle skins, and of those that are lore friendly, most are hopelessly outdated (sorry indeedpete, but it has been a year and a half and several DLCs later...). I have some ideas jotted down if you're interested, but please do not allow this to in any way interfere with whatever roadmap you may have

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

If I may make a request/suggestion, perhaps a winter equipment side mod related to Aegis? There's very little out there for winter uniforms, gear, and vehicle skins, and of those that are lore friendly, most are hopelessly outdated (sorry indeedpete, but it has been a year and a half and several DLCs later...). I have some ideas jotted down if you're interested, but please do not allow this to in any way interfere with whatever roadmap you may have

It's a possibility, but nothing promised as of yet. Snow stuff would be fun.

• Like 2

Hello! I just recently downloaded Aegis for the first time a day or two ago. It must be good stuff, because I'm using Vanilla (and Vanilla-ish) assets that I have not used in a long time. Thank you for sharing this with the community. This is excellent stuff!

There are a few oddities I have noticed as I play. I apologize if they have already been listed by others elsewhere, but I don't have the time right now to pour over 19 pages of forum posts to double-check.

-The suppressors for the 5.56 are no longer accessible. The SPAR-16's, for example, can no longer be suppressed.

-The black 4-five pistol has access to community accessories (like NIArms' DBAL) like its Vanilla counterpart, but the C-1911 does not even though the Vanilla ACP does.

-The message "Picture \a3\weapons_f_aegis\machineguns\m200\data\ui\gear_m200_blk_x_ca.paa not found" pops up upon loading into the Arsenal.

• Like 2

I'm fairly sure these problems are due to Aegis not having CBA as a dependency, and thus not using joint rails. It has always wondered me why CBA is not used, or even simply just taking the joint rails pbo from CBA and including it as part of the package. This is a problem I have noticed as well, and it also affects some of the other weapons. I'm too tired to go over every single one by hand right now, but I can at least say the SPAR-16 and SPAR-17 for sure

• Like 3

just letting you know, Night has fixed the suppressor bug internally

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vagrantauthor said:

Hello! I just recently downloaded Aegis for the first time a day or two ago. It must be good stuff, because I'm using Vanilla (and Vanilla-ish) assets that I have not used in a long time. Thank you for sharing this with the community. This is excellent stuff!

There are a few oddities I have noticed as I play. I apologize if they have already been listed by others elsewhere, but I don't have the time right now to pour over 19 pages of forum posts to double-check.

-The suppressors for the 5.56 are no longer accessible. The SPAR-16's, for example, can no longer be suppressed.

-The black 4-five pistol has access to community accessories (like NIArms' DBAL) like its Vanilla counterpart, but the C-1911 does not even though the Vanilla ACP does.

-The message "Picture \a3\weapons_f_aegis\machineguns\m200\data\ui\gear_m200_blk_x_ca.paa not found" pops up upon loading into the Arsenal.

42 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

I'm fairly sure these problems are due to Aegis not having CBA as a dependency, and thus not using joint rails. It has always wondered me why CBA is not used, or even simply just taking the joint rails pbo from CBA and including it as part of the package. This is a problem I have noticed as well, and it also affects some of the other weapons. I'm too tired to go over every single one by hand right now, but I can at least say the SPAR-16 and SPAR-17 for sure

As @General Kong said, the suppressors are fixed as part of a CBA compatibility patch which will be released with everything else. I'll take a look at the UI issue though. :)

• Like 2