Well being 2035 in Europe I personally feel some of the more "modern" weaponry is justified, the TAR would not be much younger by that point as the AUG is now

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

Well being 2035 in Europe I personally feel some of the more "modern" weaponry is justified, the TAR would not be much younger by that point as the AUG is now

Not only that, but (spoilers kinda) CTRG is arming the FIA.

Update later tonight!

And a teaser for the Russian update which will probably be released alongside Tanks DLC.

20171128190000_1.jpg

(AK-105)

• Like 4

Beta time!

Hope y'all enjoy this update! :)

Changelog:

• Added: AH-1 Navajo [WIP]
  • Added: CH-49 Mohawk (Medical)
  • Added: Jackal [WIP]
  • Added: Tractor [WIP]
  • Added: CSAT (African)
  • Added: Bandits (Operation Magnitude-era faction)
  • Added: Kabeiroi (Operation Magnitude-era faction)Added: NATO (European)
  • Added: SF units for AAF
  • Added: Marine units for NATO and NATO (Pacific) factions
  • Added: Static AA systems for all factions
  • Added: FV-52 Cerberus for NATO (Atlantic) faction
  • Added: MQ-4A Greyhawk for NATO (Atlantic) faction
  • Added: C-192 Samson for NATO (Atlantic) faction
  • Added: UGV Stomper for NATO (Atlantic) faction
  • Added: A-149 Gryphon for NATO (Atlantic) faction
  • Added: Several new Civilian and Military apparel items as part of the civilians overhaul and Axiom update (70+ items)
  • Added: Several new flags and map markers
  • Added: Several new insignias
  • Added: Candy livery for the Van
  • Added: Black livery for the AH-99 Blackfoot
  • Added: Green Hex livery for the Zamak Ammo/Repair
  • Added: Green livery for the C-192 Samson
  • Added: FIA 3 livery for the Quad Bike
  • Added: Dazzle livery for the F-38 Thunderbolt
  • Added: Black-White and White liveries for the Caesar BTT
  • Added: Guerilla 13 livery for the Ofrroad
  • Added: Unique UAV Bags for NATO and CSAT Pacific and Atlantic factions
  • Added: New and placeholder UI
  • Added: New shot sounds for tank and howitzer cannons
  • Added: New shot sounds for the SA80
  • Added: New shot sounds for the Warfare-50
  • Added: "Magnitude" post-processing preset, usable through ReColor or the editor's post-processing module
  • Added: "Real Virtuality" post-processing preset, usable through ReColor or the editor's post-processing module
  • Tweaked: Raven faction was overhauled
  • Tweaked: Civilians faction was overhauled
  • Tweaked: CSAT recon and SF units were overhauled
  • Tweaked: NATO has issued maximum budget cuts for infantry headgear
  • Tweaked: NATO SF units were overhauled
  • Tweaked: NATO (Atlantic)'s Bulldog shoguns were replaced with the M4 SSAS
  • Tweaked: JTACs are now issued with UGLs
  • Tweaked: Turban materials didn't render correctly
  • Tweaked: P07's khaki textures were darkened slightly
  • Tweaked: Combat Helmet (Tropic, Ballistic Mandible)'s textures and materials were improved
  • Tweaked: Flag (China)'s textures were improved
  • Tweaked: Worn Combat Fatigues (MTP)'s textures were improved
  • Tweaked: F-38 Thunderbolt's glass and interior textures and materials were improved
  • Tweaked: C-192 Samson's sounds were improved
  • Tweaked: Names of some items were changed to easily differentiate them from other items while maintaining consistency
  • Fixed: Bulldog 12 Gauge's UV was offset slightly
  • Fixed: Wrong armor values for various factions' uniforms
  • Fixed: Clouds and Flames related pop-up errors
  • Fixed: The Small Boat couldn't carry any passengers
  • Fixed: Mk16/Mk17's GL sight dot wasn't rendered correctly
  • Fixed: Mk16 HAMR's initial firemode was changed from semi auto to full auto
  • Fixed: Mk17 DMR's initial firemode was changed from full auto to semi auto
  • Fixed: Mk26 had an incorrect shell ejection sound
  • Fixed: CTRG Helmets were invisible
  • Fixed: Ammunition types were repeated in the action menu for tanks
  • Fixed: Static Weapon gunners ragdoll upon death
  • Fixed: Various errors regarding ammoboxes and cargo nets
  • Fixed: Various inventory errors and issues
  • Removed: WY-55 Hellcat and PO-30 Orca Medical variants (classnames are still present, but the vehicles themselves are hidden from Eden and Zeus)
  • Removed: Various obsolete classnames and files

wSJvv3n.png

ztFv9iq.png

ph74amw.png

• Like 8

A few issues managed to sneak into this update so I'm prepping a hotfix soon. :)

Namely the Zamak LRS and a few accidentally left out textures.

Apologies for not having these things down with the beta release, lots of new stuff so my focus was divided among a lot of things and future content (Russians hype!). Hotfix time!

Changelog:

• Fixed: The AH-1 Navajo was unavailable to Zeus
  • Fixed: Jackal's AAF textures [Heavy WIP]
  • Fixed: Zamak LRS's PhysX

Downloading update now... but what does "Tweaked: NATO has issued maximum budget cuts for infantry headgear"

Does this mean that the standard soldiers have lower level helmets than before (like a light combat helmet instead of a combat helmet?)

• Like 1

This update is really impressive, so thx again for all your hard work !

While I really like new vehicles, weapons and gear the major thing of this mod for me is expanding the 2035 setting factions. So to make it short here is my feedback on your factions :

Nato :

Really like the way this is going here, especially since Nato divided into US , UK and Euroforces  is  pretty much reflecting the current polictical situation, which gives the whole thing a more realistic touch.

In this case I think the US woodland units should get their own faction for Northern Europe maybe including woodland camo for vehicles :)

so at the end it could look like this :

NATO US (Mediterranean Command)   

NATO US (Pacific Command)

NATO US (Central Europe Command)

NATO UK

NATO EU

Euroforces:

Love this addition BUT PLEASE  German forces defenetely need Fleck and/or Tropentarn !!! Since all Nato forces share the same gear and weapons ( including small variations) the only chance to make them unique and believable is giving them proper camo patterns and flag patches.  In this case I also would prefer standard patches over the the digital ones for the EU forces (not UK).

The point here is to to have forces from different countries fighting side by side and at least for gameplay fun it would be nice to have this more visual . 

55c5a4da89d09_p.jpg?1441325039

Oh and nice touch adding an EU insignia patch :) 

maybe you also could add this 

52978821.jpg

Is there any reason that the Czech boys are the only ones wearing desert camo ?

CSAT :

Very good job on this one, especially adding the African faction :)

Just an idea but maybe give them technicals instead of the Ifrits...

FIA :

Outstanding :) The added vehicles make it so much better :)

CTRG :

Good job on this one too ...would love to see combat and staelth units for all 3 camos

men pacific (stealth)

men pacific (combat)

men mediteranean (stealth)

men mediteranean (combat)

men urban (stealth)

men urban (combat)

FlAMES & CLOUDS :

very nice to have them...especially since the vehicle textures from Project Argo are very cool

RAVEN :

much better now :)  love the faction

BANDITS & KABEIROI

Very good idea adding them... looking cool too, maybe could get some extra love with face and headgear

ION :

good thing adding the van ...other than that this is the only faction I really do not like as it is

Still looking like a bunch of FIA fighters  wearing ION caps ...(will go more into detail later)

Civis :

absolutely nice and useful new stuff :)  will the bus be included later on ?

Amazing mod for those like me loving the 2035 setting ...looking forward for more updates  :)

cheers and keep it up 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Downloading update now... but what does "Tweaked: NATO has issued maximum budget cuts for infantry headgear"

Does this mean that the standard soldiers have lower level helmets than before (like a light combat helmet instead of a combat helmet?)

Just means that more of the regular infantry wear the regular combat helmets than the enhanced ones. :)

Ugh Hey Night515... any chance you could ad beachcraft AT-6 Texan II? there is a mod out there but its totally broke as fuck and you do really good work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Private Evans said:

This update is really impressive, so thx again for all your hard work !

While I really like new vehicles, weapons and gear the major thing of this mod for me is expanding the 2035 setting factions. So to make it short here is my feedback on your factions :

Nato :

Really like the way this is going here, especially since Nato divided into US , UK and Euroforces  is  pretty much reflecting the current polictical situation, which gives the whole thing a more realistic touch.

In this case I think the US woodland units should get their own faction for Northern Europe maybe including woodland camo for vehicles :)

so at the end it could look like this :

NATO US (Mediterranean Command)   

NATO US (Pacific Command)

NATO US (Central Europe Command)

NATO UK

NATO EU

Euroforces:

Love this addition BUT PLEASE  German forces defenetely need Fleck and/or Tropentarn !!! Since all Nato forces share the same gear and weapons ( including small variations) the only chance to make them unique and believable is giving them proper camo patterns and flag patches.  In this case I also would prefer standard patches over the the digital ones for the EU forces (not UK).

The point here is to to have forces from different countries fighting side by side and at least for gameplay fun it would be nice to have this more visual . 

Oh and nice touch adding an EU insignia patch :) 

maybe you also could add this 

Is there any reason that the Czech boys are the only ones wearing desert camo ?

CSAT :

Very good job on this one, especially adding the African faction :)

Just an idea but maybe give them technicals instead of the Ifrits...

FIA :

Outstanding :) The added vehicles make it so much better :)

CTRG :

Good job on this one too ...would love to see combat and staelth units for all 3 camos

men pacific (stealth)

men pacific (combat)

men mediteranean (stealth)

men mediteranean (combat)

men urban (stealth)

men urban (combat)

FlAMES & CLOUDS :

very nice to have them...especially since the vehicle textures from Project Argo are very cool

RAVEN :

much better now :)  love the faction

BANDITS & KABEIROI

Very good idea adding them... looking cool too, maybe could get some extra love with face and headgear

ION :

good thing adding the van ...other than that this is the only faction I really do not like as it is

Still looking like a bunch of FIA fighters  wearing ION caps ...(will go more into detail later)

Civis :

absolutely nice and useful new stuff :)  will the bus be included later on ?

Amazing mod for those like me loving the 2035 setting ...looking forward for more updates  :)

cheers and keep it up 

Thanks!

There are alternate camouflage patterns for most of the European armies. Primarily desert versions. The Czechs and Germans also have alternate woodland patterns. You'll have to change these in 3DEN's arsenal. Also, NATO actually doesn't share the same gear AFAIK - CSAT does more-so, but NATO uses more of its own equipment - I just don't have any other models (apart from the AAF uniforms) and I love the NATO Crye G2 ones too much to change it. :P

The African units are as they appear in Tac-Ops, with a few minor additions. Take a look at Algeria, too. They have some interesting high-end hardware.

CTRG aren't really going to get anymore additions as the faction is pretty much "done". The most I'll probably do for them in the future is a CH-67 Huron in dazzle. (No promises ;P)

Bandits / Kabeiroi were factions from Arma 3's 2011 era (just like the Paramilitary faction) so they're pretty basic currently, but will be expanded.

ION will probably get a few additions but we'll see. I want to expand them a little. Maybe a few Prowlers. Their appearance however is based off of their cameo in The East Wind.

Civilians will probably get some new stuff, but we'll see. ;)

The EU forces and a few other factions will also receive vehicles in the next update. :)

• Like 1

Just now, DruidicRifleman said:

Ugh Hey Night515... any chance you could ad beachcraft AT-6 Texan II? there is a mod out there but its totally broke as fuck and you do really good work

No plans for such. :P

Congrats on making it to Beta!.....Your continued work on this awesome project is much appreciated. :rthumb:

• Like 1

Suggestion: Allow the Navajo to mount 19x skyfire rocket pods

Other suggestions: Since this model can be edited (arma 2 source), would you consider adding two wingtip pylons for AAMs? It would then have a configuration similar to the AH-1Z Viper of Arma 2, but with a 30mm cannon (and I'd hope its also more damage resistant?)

IRL, there are provisions for mounting a pair of stingers on each wingtip, but I don't think there's any good readily available model you can use for this. A single asraam/flachion/BIM-9 with its own rail would probably look better

ah64d_21.jpg

Also, I know that you said the Navajo is very much only a beta version:

1) the gun seems to aim very high... I don't know what the zero is on it, but it would be better if the zero could be manually set.

2) (At least with AFM on) This helo is very... explody. just turning on the engine and setting collective to ~50% will cause the helo to spontaneously combust as the rotors get up to speed. Letting the rotors get up to speed with minimal collective and then raising collective to max to quickly lift off the ground avoided this.

Landing it softly is also dicey, with it prone to exploding in situations where it shouldn't. I'll see if turning AFM off helps in the mean time.

*edit* more pics

Spoiler

The apache was tested with sidewinders, but it wasn't adopted

ah105.jpg

It seems the stingers are rarely mounted, I guess they've had complete air superiority, and the cannon can also be used

ah64d_20.jpg

11929067074_bdd1d1e2b5_b.jpg

Raytheon_to_provide_India_with_AIM_92_St

But in the setting of Arma 3, where NATO is far from dominant, I would expect them to operate with some AAMs in case they encounter enemy aircraft. The Navajo as it is doesn't seem to have an advantage over a Kajman in a fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex3B said:

Suggestion: Allow the Navajo to mount 19x skyfire rocket pods

Other suggestions: Since this model can be edited (arma 2 source), would you consider adding two wingtip pylons for AAMs? It would then have a configuration similar to the AH-1Z Viper of Arma 2, but with a 30mm cannon (and I'd hope its also more damage resistant?)

IRL, there are provisions for mounting a pair of stingers on each wingtip, but I don't think there's any good readily available model you can use for this. A single asraam/flachion/BIM-9 with its own rail would probably look better

Also, I know that you said the Navajo is very much only a beta version:

1) the gun seems to aim very high... I don't know what the zero is on it, but it would be better if the zero could be manually set.

2) (At least with AFM on) This helo is very... explody. just turning on the engine and setting collective to ~50% will cause the helo to spontaneously combust as the rotors get up to speed. Letting the rotors get up to speed with minimal collective and then raising collective to max to quickly lift off the ground avoided this.

Landing it softly is also dicey, with it prone to exploding in situations where it shouldn't. I'll see if turning AFM off helps in the mean time.

*edit* more pics

Hide contents

The apache was tested with sidewinders, but it wasn't adopted

It seems the stingers are rarely mounted, I guess they've had complete air superiority, and the cannon can also be used

But in the setting of Arma 3, where NATO is far from dominant, I would expect them to operate with some AAMs in case they encounter enemy aircraft. The Navajo as it is doesn't seem to have an advantage over a Kajman in a fight.

I'll think about adding wing-tip pylons. The dynamic loadouts configuration is very much WIP.

1. I'll look into this.

2. Yeah, AFM/RotorLib hasn't been worked on at all yet.  

About the wingtip AA: we don't see much of it IRL exactly because Apache has predominantly operated in friendly dominated air.

So, for A3 setting it would make alot of sense to sacrifice some of the maneuverability for additional air to air weapons.

So I was looking through the equipment, and I noticed a small model error with one of the vests.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but the Carrier Rig Vest is pushed too far forward, clipping into most uniforms.

Normal Carrier Lite

Spoiler

0F5894738AE69A5404181FEDD398614D8560509D

Abnormal Carrier Vest

Spoiler

D7FA565DADCB8DA6068CA6859CE9571E15456AE0

Also, small question-

Is ION a completed faction right now, or are they going to be updated again?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Victruso said:

So I was looking through the equipment, and I noticed a small model error with one of the vests.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but the Carrier Rig Vest is pushed too far forward, clipping into most uniforms.

Normal Carrier Lite

Hide contents

0F5894738AE69A5404181FEDD398614D8560509D

Abnormal Carrier Vest

Hide contents

D7FA565DADCB8DA6068CA6859CE9571E15456AE0

Also, small question-

Is ION a completed faction right now, or are they going to be updated again?

ION likely won't receive much more. I'm considering giving them a Prowler and that's that.

Also, the vest is an old unused one. It doesn't really fit most uniforms except the Wetsuit or Paramilitary Uniform, sadly.

I felt like I wasn't posting enough stuff here compared to my Discord so here ya go. I might've posted some of these before. :P

Russian CSTO soldier, because I can't get over how cool they look imo.

20171203215330_1.jpg

A slightly older pic, the SF soldier on the right is seen with a CZ-807 but they're actually regularly issued AK-107s. :)

20171127231035_1.jpg

Chernarussian CSTO soldier, equipped with a CZ-807.

20171130192435_1.jpg

Working on some of their vehicles currently. I decided I'd give them flat green for their vehicles like RHS, though I might give them a Splinter camo later on.

20171203213223_1.jpg

Also, I redid the British MTP! (original left, new right)

Fq95anD.jpg

ghWbDfe.jpg

So now it's not just a recolor of DPM!

• Like 4

On 12/2/2017 at 6:42 PM, Ex3B said:

On 12/3/2017 at 11:32 AM, bars91 said:

About the wingtip AA: we don't see much of it IRL exactly because Apache has predominantly operated in friendly dominated air.

So, for A3 setting it would make alot of sense to sacrifice some of the maneuverability for additional air to air weapons.

Agreed.

I was hoping the "Navajo" would be the the best combat helo in the game. It should certainly do better than the (supposedly stealth*) Blackfoot in terms of raw firepower and resilience. The Blackfoot can already mount 4x DAGR pods and 2x scalpels, which is a pretty heavy loadout. The Navajo could mount 16x scalpels, and we'd then be comparing 14 scalpels vs 48 DAGRs, in which case I'd think the DAGRs are preferable. Alternately, the Navajo could mount 4x DAGRs, and its munitions loadout would be 2 scalpels (or ASRAAMs, depending on choice) inferior to the blackfoot. The heavier cannon loadout compensates for some of this, but its still just firng HE shells, and probably isn't much use in the anti-armor role.

Even giving the Navajo 2x wingtip AAM pylons, its still going to be a case of 6x pylons vs 6x pylons - and the comparison to the blackfoot would look like:

BF: 4x DAGR pods and 2x ASRAAM vs Navajo: 4x DAGR pods/16x Scalpel and 2x ASRAAM/Falchion/BIM-9... which isn't a huge difference anyway.

If we compare it to the Kajman, they both get the 16x scalpel loadout. If they go for a heavy rocket loadout, the Kajman can mount more rockets (Skyfire or Trantyr pods vs DAR pods). While the cannon has less total ammunition, it can also fire AP rounds (side note, is the 30mm HE cannon of the Navajo the same as the 30mm HE cannon of the Kajman?).

Then we have the Kajman's damage resilience:

That video is quite out of date, and I haven't tested, but I suspect that the Kajman is still more likely to survive taking damage relative to the Navajo.

So... superior firepower (the only disadvantage being less rounds for its cannon), superior resilience, and to top it off its also a troop transport!

Right now I still have the feeling that the Kajman > any other helo in combat

There should be some gameplay balance here/advantage to the Navajo because it hasn't made any design compromises to enable it to transport troops, nor to make it stealthy.

If we have 2 non-stealth attack helos, and one is also a troop transport, then the one that isn't a troop transport should be better in the combat role.

As for its AAM loadout. A 2x "full size" IR guided AAM missiles on the tips would be fictional, but based off of a real idea that was not adopted (similar to the case of Blackfoot = Comanche). To go with a more strict adherence to the real Apache, you could add 4x AAM missiles that have man portable variants. In this case I'd suggest that the Titan AA missile of Arma 3  as a stand in for Stinger missiles. Luckily, Titan AA launchers are pretty simple hexagonal tubes - the grips and sighting devices of the man-portable version could be omitted - so the modelling needed should be fairly easy if you already know how to make simple models and textures. I'm assuming, missile for missile, that the shoulder launched Titan AA is inferior to the aircraft mounted ASRAAM/Falchion/BIM-9 - so those options would probably be preferable anyway. It could be an interesting choice between 4 less powerful/reliable AAMs, or 2 more powerful/reliable AAMs if Night515 added both as options for wingtip loadouts.

* WIth the inclusion of the definitely not stealth Navajo, the sensors and signature of the blackfoot should be looked at again, it should be harder to detect and get a lock on compared to other helos (ignoring LOS and terrain masking)

11 hours ago, Night515 said:

ION likely won't receive much more. I'm considering giving them a Prowler and that's that.

Also, the vest is an old unused one. It doesn't really fit most uniforms except the Wetsuit or Paramilitary Uniform, sadly.

Oh, okay. I thought they'd get more civvie uniforms for operating, etc, but that's understandable.

As for the vest, I thought you had figured out how to decompile, modify, and export the vanilla vest in some way.

10 hours ago, Night515 said:

Chernarussian CSTO soldier, equipped with a CZ-807.

Are these on BLUFOR? Like in Arma2.

16 minutes ago, Victruso said:

As for the vest, I thought you had figured out how to decompile, modify, and export the vanilla vest in some way.

That would be breaking the Arma3 EULA and our forum rules. 

• Like 1