When will this Mod be a DLC for Arma 3? I would pay for that.

I mean all this stuff should be part of Arma 3, this Mod adds so many things that Arma 3 is missing and should have as vanilla.

One little question is it possible to add a better M2 Slammer with a bigger Gun and an upgraded armour?

I ask this because I can't understand, why there should be two M2 Slammer, one with the better gun and the other one with an armour which is upgraded.

• Like 1

The "slammer" needs the 60 mike mike the real Merkava has had since the MK1 Merkava and the MK4 which the slammer is based off also has APS... which was physically modeled into the Model of the "slamer" turret

4 hours ago, DruidicRifleman said:

The "slammer" needs the 60 mike mike the real Merkava has had since the MK1 Merkava and the MK4 which the slammer is based off also has APS... which was physically modeled into the Model of the "slamer" turret

Short of using attachTo and other ad-hoc workarounds, it's not possible for Night to implement the internal mortar to the Slammer family without access to the unbinarised models. And that's not going to happen for several more years at the minimum until (if) Arma 4 comes out and then BI releases a sample pack for Arma 3, just like they did for Arma 2's models.

Until then, you're just going to have to wait and hope that BI implement APS and other real MBT features with the Tanks DLC.

• Like 4

Some bugs I've noticed:

• M1014 reload animation bugs out while prone (uses the standing animation, but the fire-geo is all messed up?)
  • XM25 doesn't appear in arsenal (incorrect baseweapon? It shows up if you start with the heavy grenadier class)
  • CSAT Specop autorifle has an incorrectly defined weapon
  • C130 landing gear clip through their bay doors when raised (also, I noticed that the 16th cargo position is always ordered to disembark by the AI? I might just have loaded them incorrectly in the editor, though)

Some of the finer details of the BAF faction kinda feel a bit off right now, IMHO - the fennek doesn't really fit (we haven't used anything like that since the Fox), the Hunter would be more appropriate (we don't use the Oshkosh M-ATV, but we do use stuff that's similar enough). The ACOs used by standard troops don't really fit either (AFAIK, it's been standard practice for all infantry to have something like a SUSAT for quite a while now). The SCAR-H's for SF troops are also a bit contradictory to the British doctorine, since it's generally encouraged to keep the majority of small arms using the same calibre, SCAR-L's would be more appropriate (or 416s, since British SF generally use some variant of AR-15, but I'm not a huge fan of BIS's implementation of 416s, so...)

Regarding SF loadouts, I'm not sure the Tavor's beefy enough for NATO - the 5,56 round tends to be a bit ineffective against CSAT troops at longer ranges. Likewise, the revolver isn't really suitable as a sidearm for CSAT (doesn't mount a silencer, small magazine size) - it'd be really neat to have a 6.5mm AR for NATO, and something like a Stechkin for CSAT (maybe port ArmA.2's UZI? There's already a good bit of Israeli kit in CSAT's arsenal)

Finally, I'm not too keen on the new desert helmet for CSAT... it'd be nice to have the old brown hex helmet back, and keep the desert version as a variant (maybe add some randomization, like with the NATO helmets, so they spawn with either standard, desert or black helmet? It'd also be kinda neat to have a matching version of the fatigues for maps like Takistan where the brown hex is a bit too dark)

Anyhows, just my 2 cents. I cannot stress how much I am really loving the mod as a whole.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, biggerdave said:

Some bugs I've noticed:

• M1014 reload animation bugs out while prone (uses the standing animation, but the fire-geo is all messed up?)
  • XM25 doesn't appear in arsenal (incorrect baseweapon? It shows up if you start with the heavy grenadier class)
  • CSAT Specop autorifle has an incorrectly defined weapon
  • C130 landing gear clip through their bay doors when raised (also, I noticed that the 16th cargo position is always ordered to disembark by the AI? I might just have loaded them incorrectly in the editor, though)

Thanks, the first two are known - the M4 SSAS is currently using a leftover animation that'll be replaced eventually, and the XM25 doesn't show up for some reason that I can't figure out yet.

Some of the finer details of the BAF faction kinda feel a bit off right now, IMHO - the fennek doesn't really fit (we haven't used anything like that since the Fox), the Hunter would be more appropriate (we don't use the Oshkosh M-ATV, but we do use stuff that's similar enough). The ACOs used by standard troops don't really fit either (AFAIK, it's been standard practice for all infantry to have something like a SUSAT for quite a while now). The SCAR-H's for SF troops are also a bit contradictory to the British doctorine, since it's generally encouraged to keep the majority of small arms using the same calibre, SCAR-L's would be more appropriate (or 416s, since British SF generally use some variant of AR-15, but I'm not a huge fan of BIS's implementation of 416s, so...)

I'll give them Hunters in the next update, they'll keep the Striders too as to not break anything. ACOs are used for consistency reasons, and the Mk17 is given to British special forces because UKSF adopted them recently to replace their C8s.

Regarding SF loadouts, I'm not sure the Tavor's beefy enough for NATO - the 5,56 round tends to be a bit ineffective against CSAT troops at longer ranges. Likewise, the revolver isn't really suitable as a sidearm for CSAT (doesn't mount a silencer, small magazine size) - it'd be really neat to have a 6.5mm AR for NATO, and something like a Stechkin for CSAT (maybe port ArmA.2's UZI? There's already a good bit of Israeli kit in CSAT's arsenal)

NATO SF use TRG-21s just because that is what they were armed with them in the 2012 pre-alpha, and I'll look at a new pistol for CSAT SF.

Finally, I'm not too keen on the new desert helmet for CSAT... it'd be nice to have the old brown hex helmet back, and keep the desert version as a variant (maybe add some randomization, like with the NATO helmets, so they spawn with either standard, desert or black helmet? It'd also be kinda neat to have a matching version of the fatigues for maps like Takistan where the brown hex is a bit too dark)

I'll likely add an extra arid version of the CSAT helmet but I do want the semi-arid ones to remain standard since that is what the 2011-2012 pre-alpha Iranians looked like. There is another CSAT faction planned as a counterpart to NATO's Atlantic Forces.

2 hours ago, Night515 said:

the Mk17 is given to British special forces because UKSF adopted them recently to replace their C8s.

That... doesn't sound right? I had a quick look up, and the only source I could find for this seems to be the daily mail, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. The mail is basically a nazi rag, they have a history of printing made up gung-ho stories about "them" running absurd hollywood style ops that read suspiciously like adverts for CoD - reading this article, it definitely sounds like bullshit, their "source" is a "top-secret report", they parrots the usual nonsense about 5,56 vs 7,62, oh, and look, they've even got a random unrelated picture of Prince Harry in uniform because presumably they couldn't shoehorn Princess Diana into this somehow...

The MoD has a massive hard-on for ammo commonality, and, IIRC, SAS were using M16A2s back when everyone else still had SLRs, so... the idea that they'd throw that out the window and start using some brand-name rifle (not even the L129?) because it "does more damage"... yeah... (I mean, if they were mentioning that in hills of Afghanistan insurgents are outranging our troops with our old .303s, yeah, and that's the exact reason we've got the L129, but "does more damage"? "But it doesn't kill them outright!", well, golly, that is a problem, since insurgents regenerate health when they're behind cover!)

Anyway, that's enough ranting (I'm sorry, it's just "papers that actually supported Hitler back in the 30s" are one of my triggers :tounge2:) It's not a huge issue, just something I found a bit weird.

XM25 bug definitely looks like an inheritance issue, couldn't say for certain, since I haven't looked at your config, but I've seen this exact bug before, and the problem was that I was inheriting from another weapon, and not defining a new baseweapon, so the engine just assumes you're trying to define a variant with a new scope or something and doesn't add it into the arsenal. So, what I imagine you've got is this:

class NewGun: OldGun
    {
        displayName="New Gun";
        //Some more code
    };

And what you want is this:

class NewGun: OldGun
    {
        displayName="New Gun";
        baseWeapon="NewGun";
        //Some more code
    };

It might just be that there's a typo (ie, you've got "new_Gun" instead of "NewGun"), but I'd bet my bottom dollar it's baseweapon that's the problem. (I've never been particularly good at gambling, though, so I'm probably wrong!)

(Is doing stuff just because it was in the pre-alpha such a great idea? I mean, it seems to me this stuff was changed for a reason)

• Like 1

From what I know the UK SOF DO have some SCAR-H's they are currently (or were in mid 2016) trialing for use as a DMR/ 7.62 rifle, along with the HK417 which is what they have been using for a 7.62 rifle in recent years, but they have not become the standard issue rifle for SAS/ SBS.

In the 2010-2013 period clamshell (round handguard) M4A1/ C8's were used in Afghanistan by the SBS at least, but since then railed M4A1/C8's and HK416's have become much more common and have mostly superceded the older clamshell rifles. 

Right now (or at least around December 2016) I know SAS/SBS have been retaining their 5.56 C8/ M4A1's but they have been introducing some 'fancier' versions, with Daniel Defence Mk18's making a small appearance, but the DD is in no way standard, and I've only heard of it in very small numbers, maybe even only a single/ few guys.

There has been some US trials for the adoption of some new 7.62 Battle/ Marksman rifles in the past few months, and the contenders include the G28 (HK417) SCAR-H (Mk17) and M110C (A compact version of the M110 rifle)

I'll ask a 'friend' about what they are using right now, or are predicted to use in the future, if you like  ;)

• Like 2

It's fictional, who cares. No need to overanalyze like this.

• Like 1

XM25 bug definitely looks like an inheritance issue, couldn't say for certain, since I haven't looked at your config, but I've seen this exact bug before, and the problem was that I was inheriting from another weapon, and not defining a new baseweapon, so the engine just assumes you're trying to define a variant with a new scope or something and doesn't add it into the arsenal. So, what I imagine you've got is this:

And what you want is this:

It might just be that there's a typo (ie, you've got "new_Gun" instead of "NewGun"), but I'd bet my bottom dollar it's baseweapon that's the problem. (I've never been particularly good at gambling, though, so I'm probably wrong!)

(Is doing stuff just because it was in the pre-alpha such a great idea? I mean, it seems to me this stuff was changed for a reason)

Partially personal preference, and partially for other reasons like making factions more aesthetically pleasing and etc.

Hmm... have you tried

baseWeapon = "GL_XM25_F";

instead of

baseWeapon = GL_XM25_F;

AFAIK, it shouldn't make a difference whether it's a string or not (in fact, I pretty sure you don't even need to define baseweapon if you're inheriting from Rifle_Base_F), but stuff like this sometimes works.

The only other thing I can think of is that it might be, since you're using the same style of classname as BIS, there's still some remnant of the old XM25 that's conflicting with your code? (I wouldn't think it is that, though, since you'd effectively be completely overwriting any old cfgweapons references to the XM25, unless there's some code in the arsenal that explicitly removes it? That would really be weird, though.)

Maybe try adding this to the end:

class XM25_TestNew: GL_XM25_F
    {
        displayName = "New Test XM25";
        baseWeapon="XM25_TestNew";
    };

If "New Test XM25" shows up in the arsenal, then it's definitely something weird with the classname. (On the plus side, that means you can fix it without breaking compatibility by just using GL_XM25_F as a base class)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, biggerdave said:

Hmm... have you tried

instead of

AFAIK, it shouldn't make a difference whether it's a string or not (in fact, I pretty sure you don't even need to define baseweapon if you're inheriting from Rifle_Base_F), but stuff like this sometimes works.

The only other thing I can think of is that it might be, since you're using the same style of classname as BIS, there's still some remnant of the old XM25 that's conflicting with your code? (I wouldn't think it is that, though, since you'd effectively be completely overwriting any old cfgweapons references to the XM25, unless there's some code in the arsenal that explicitly removes it? That would really be weird, though.)

Maybe try adding this to the end:

If "New Test XM25" shows up in the arsenal, then it's definitely something weird with the classname. (On the plus side, that means you can fix it without breaking compatibility by just using GL_XM25_F as a base class)

Neither have worked, unfortunately.

Found the issue, and, it is literally the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

So, I took the code from the linked thread, and stuck it in a pbo with a different classname, then, determining the issue with something you had in the code, rather than something you didn't, by the highly scientific process of randomly commenting out lines until it works, I have discovered that this line:

cursor = gl;

Is the problem.

The only thing I can think of why this might be causing issue is it's something BIS built into the arsenal to prevent vehicle weapons/underslung GLs from showing up?

Here's the code I used that works, in case I've got this wrong: (I changed some other stuff in case it was causing problems, but I'm pretty confident it's the cursor line that's the problem, comment it out, it shows up in the arsenal, uncomment it, it doesn't)

class XM25_Fix: Rifle_Base_F
    {
        author = $STR_A3_Night515;
        _generalMacro = GL_XM25_F;
        baseWeapon = XM25_Fix;
        scope = 2;
        displayName = "XM25 Fix";
        model = "\A3\Weapons_F_Aegis\Launchers\XM25\XM25_F.p3d";
        picture = "\A3\Weapons_F_Aegis\Launchers\XM25\Data\UI\gear_XM25_CA.paa";
        UiPicture = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_gl_CA.paa";
        weaponInfoType = "RscOptics_punisher";
        modelOptics = "\A3\Weapons_F\Acc\reticle_cdtes";
        magazines[] = {5Rnd_HE_Grenade_mag};
        //cursor = gl;
        handAnim[] =
        {
            OFP2_ManSkeleton,
            "\A3\Weapons_F_Aegis\Launchers\XM25\Data\Anim\XM25.rtm"
        };
        reloadAction = GestureReloadKatiba;
        recoil = recoil_default;
        maxZeroing = 1000;
        shotPos = "Usti hlavne";
        shotEnd = "Konec hlavne";
        modes[] = {Single};
        class Single: Mode_SemiAuto
        {
            reloadTime = 0.25;
            dispersion = 0.00116;
            recoil = M240Recoil;
            recoilProne = M240Recoil;
            minRange = 50;
            minRangeProbab = 0.1;
            midRange = 500;
            midRangeProbab = 0.7;
            maxRange = 1000;
            maxRangeProbab = 0.05;
        };
        class Library
        {
            libTextDesc = "Rabblerabble";
        };
        initSpeed = 210;
        descriptionShort = "Rabble";
        inertia = 0.8;
        aimTransitionSpeed = 0.8;
        dexterity = 1.2;
        class WeaponSlotsInfo: WeaponSlotsInfo
        {
            class MuzzleSlot{};
            class CowsSlot{};
            class PointerSlot{};
            mass = 140;
        };
        class OpticsModes
        {
            class Sights
            {
                opticsID = 1;
                useModelOptics = true;
                opticsPPEffects[] =
                {
                    OpticsCHAbera1,
                    OpticsBlur1
                };
                opticsFlare = true;
                opticsZoomMin = 0.1875;
                opticsZoomMax = 0.0625;
                opticsZoomInit = 0.1875;
                distanceZoomMin = 100;
                distanceZoomMax = 100;
                memoryPointCamera = eye;
                cameraDir = look;
                visionMode[] =
                {
                    Normal,
                    NVG,
                    Ti
                };
                thermalMode[] = {0,1};
                opticsDisablePeripherialVision = true;
                discretefov[] = {0.1875,0.0625};
                discreteInitIndex = 0;
            };
        };
        DLC = Aegis;
    };

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, biggerdave said:

wtf

Well uh, that fixed it. That's so weird... Thanks for hunting though!

Would it be possible to have the vanilla sounds (ie. with tails) used for the SCAR family of rifles?

6 minutes ago, broduz said:

Would it be possible to have the vanilla sounds (ie. with tails) used for the SCAR family of rifles?

Sounds for the SCARs are still pretty WIP, but they do have tails and such.

Great job on the mod. i really enjoy it.

Just a few small details regarding the British/Atlantic Forces in the NATO Alliance.

1. The L85A2 (SA80) Is being replaced with an A3 Variant by 2020-2025 so maybe modelling it around the Latest prototype weapon may be more realistic to the British force's of 2035 or even making your own A3 in 6.5mm Calibre might be more realistic to the NATO Standardisation (ive linked an image of the A3 > SA80 L85A3 Prototype image's) PS Thanks for making a TAN One..... Sooooo Sexy.
  2. Add a fore-grip onto the end of the A2/A3 if possible. British troop's since 2011 have been issued vertical fore-grips with flip out bi-pod's, having the R.I.S Rail's on the end and no fore-grip makes it feel so empty. also foregrip + L85 = Allyness (Awesome) and Allyness save's lives (Scientifically proven fact) 
  3. ACO and ACOGS are bad fit for L85. Add in a Elcan SpectreDR if possible or use the ERCO/ARCO/RCO, British Combat troops always deploy with at least a Magnified Optic (The Elcan) with a close quarters battle sight (Red dot).

Other than those knit picky things i really enjoy your Mod and if u can make these things happen at any point in the future i will be extremely grateful. But as i said other than those personell points from me your doing amazing and i cant wait for whats to come.           

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 95thChosenMan said:

Just a few small details regarding the British/Atlantic Forces in the NATO Alliance.

1. The L85A2 (SA80) Is being replaced with an A3 Variant by 2020-2025 so maybe modelling it around the Latest prototype weapon may be more realistic to the British force's of 2035 or even making your own A3 in 6.5mm Calibre might be more realistic to the NATO Standardisation (ive linked an image of the A3 > SA80 L85A3 Prototype image's) PS Thanks for making a TAN One..... Sooooo Sexy.
  2. Add a fore-grip onto the end of the A2/A3 if possible. British troop's since 2011 have been issued vertical fore-grips with flip out bi-pod's, having the R.I.S Rail's on the end and no fore-grip makes it feel so empty. also foregrip + L85 = Allyness (Awesome) and Allyness save's lives (Scientifically proven fact) 
  3. ACO and ACOGS are bad fit for L85. Add in a Elcan SpectreDR if possible or use the ERCO/ARCO/RCO, British Combat troops always deploy with at least a Magnified Optic (The Elcan) with a close quarters battle sight (Red dot).

Other than those knit picky things i really enjoy your Mod and if u can make these things happen at any point in the future i will be extremely grateful. But as i said other than those personell points from me your doing amazing and i cant wait for whats to come.           

L85A3 doesn t exist at least yet, basically it s mid life (sic!) upgrade program proposal for L85A2 not a new rifle program, for now it s just an proposal from H&K and it s not, nor will be in this form type classified by British MoD, for now L85A3 designation is just Heckler and Koch marketing catch phrase.

Grip and Elcan - yea but come on it s military sci fi fictional representation of some generic NATO force so who cares.

Regards.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 95thChosenMan said:

Thanks!

1. Trust me, I'd love model a front rail system to resemble the L85A3 but I don't know how to model currently.

2. I would've added a foregrip but the main issue is animations. Currently the weapon uses TRG animations apart from the GL reload which is borrowed from the SPAR.

3. They already use the ARCO alongside Holosights and ACOs. ACOs are issued just 'cause every other primary faction is the same. Just keeping things consistent. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bolo861 said:

L85A3 doesn t exist at least yet, basically it s mid life (sic!) upgrade program proposal for L85A2 not a new rifle program, for now it s just an proposal from H&K and it s not, nor will be in this form type classified by British MoD, for now L85A3 designation is just Heckler and Koch marketing catch phrase.

Grip and Elcan - yea but come on it s military sci fi fictional representation of some generic NATO force so who cares.

Regards.

The A3 is actively being trailed by the Army, I know cuz a lad from my company used one a month back when testing new fibua equipment. 

Also the fact that the uniforms have a union jack on its patch means it ain't some generic NATO Force. 

Regards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Night515 said:

Thanks!

1. Trust me, I'd love model a front rail system to resemble the L85A3 but I don't know how to model currently.

2. I would've added a foregrip but the main issue is animations. Currently the weapon uses TRG animations apart from the GL reload which is borrowed from the SPAR.

3. They already use the ARCO alongside Holosights and ACOs. ACOs are issued just 'cause every other primary faction is the same. Just keeping things consistent. :)

Fair enough reasons mate. We'll if u ever get the chance then it's a suggestion that might turn heads.

If we're goingto nitpick a FICTIONAL addon, then why are "NATO"(US) forces using the PEQ15A when they would be using the PEQ15 or PEQ16, why are they using ARCOs and ACOs when it should be TA31 ACOG optics, why are they using CAGE plate carriers, why are they using multicam instead of OCP, why are they using the 6.5 MX instead of some 5.56 ar platform, why are the special forces using Tavors? Oh but you can't say they're just a generic NATO force they have US Flags on their gear!! !!

Its not real life, its an alternate tineline. Its okay for it not to follow real life directly. This just expands upon the world BI laid out for us. We can't even be sure if its in the same timeline as Arma 2 as far as I know, and even then thats still an alt timeline. So don't read too much in to it.

• Like 4

would it be possible to add AFG to the SCAR Mk17CQC....? it just feels too bare lol

Quick update, remember next release will be September 12th alongside Orange DLC.

Booniehat [CTRG], the other variant was renamed to Booniehat (Tropic) [CTRG]

wIFKYYU.jpg

I might've shown this off already but there's a new Civilian vehicle coming, the Small Boat, with the Fishing Boat and Tractor planned for the near future.

SPfIstj.jpg

There're also several new Syndikat uniforms and a new FIA uniform.

SCAR textures have improved, the sand variant is around the same darkness as the SPAR-16.

VfT2ARw.jpg

HyAwXGF.jpg

And they also have new sounds.

MGL 40 mm, will likely show up in the next update (no promises) and it'll be CSAT's counterpart to the Punisher.

i6yHXnC.jpg

And just a concept for the Riot Police Officer. A slightly desaturated blue helmet with the text "POLICE" plus neck protection along with the regular police vest will be worn. They'll wear a blue uniform and have a white armband just 'cause.

xOzQQmy.jpg

38 minutes ago, broduz said:

would it be possible to add AFG to the SCAR Mk17CQC....? it just feels too bare lol

Nope, I don't have any AFG models and personally I like the Mk17 without any foregrip.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

If we're goingto nitpick a FICTIONAL addon, then why are "NATO"(US) forces using the PEQ15A when they would be using the PEQ15 or PEQ16, why are they using ARCOs and ACOs when it should be TA31 ACOG optics, why are they using CAGE plate carriers, why are they using multicam instead of OCP, why are they using the 6.5 MX instead of some 5.56 ar platform, why are the special forces using Tavors? Oh but you can't say they're just a generic NATO force they have US Flags on their gear!! !!

Its not real life, its an alternate tineline. Its okay for it not to follow real life directly. This just expands upon the world BI laid out for us. We can't even be sure if its in the same timeline as Arma 2 as far as I know, and even then thats still an alt timeline. So don't read too much in to it.

Just because it's fictional doesn't mean I'm not aloud to ask...... all I would like is a foregrip option or even a  A3 and the Dev gave me an answer. but fair enough your right about the generic NATO comment. 

• Like 1