The_Tactician

need a modder to help

i have the texturing/skinning down, but making it a solid so you can walk around on it, AI coding and vehicle coding so they can all be "on it" and not fall threw it is what i need help with. all i know it will take lod and geometry but ya im in need of help. 

here is my project

mEthC2L.png

Have you got a roadway lod in the model? As long as the mesh is static and isn't expected to move, you should be able to walk around on it. 

There may be some useful information here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Macser said:

Have you got a roadway lod in the model? As long as the mesh is static and isn't expected to move, you should be able to walk around on it. 

There may be some useful information here.

thats my dilemma i hired a modeler to make this, but then backed out of the project :/  this stuff is wayyy to advanced for me, but its my dream and i wont give up, been searching 2 weeks on steam forums for a modeler who can do exactly that to the model, cuz as of now you cant stand on it

56 minutes ago, Ryejin said:

that's my dilemma i hired a modeller to make this, but then backed out of the project :/  this stuff is way to advanced for me, but its my dream and i wont give up, been searching 2 weeks on steam forums for a modeller who can do exactly that to the model, because as of now you cant stand on it.

You say its too advanced, have you considered looking at tutorials and learning how to do it yourself? There are plenty of resources such as guides and tutorials on this forum and the BIS wiki which will be able to help you. Or alternative, post here if you need someone to do it for you - https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/forum/200-arma-3-find-or-offer-editing/ 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

You say its too advanced, have you considered looking at tutorials and learning how to do it yourself? There are plenty of resources such as guides and tutorials on this forum and the BIS wiki which will be able to help you. Or alternative, post here if you need someone to do it for you - https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/forum/200-arma-3-find-or-offer-editing/ 

im still learning how to skin and i cant get that right even, besides i dont have time but ya when i get time i already planned to learn that as well.

If you don't want it to be moveable, so just as static object, I might be able to help. 

Add me on Steam: KokaKolaA3

• Like 2

all you need do is make a big plane on the area you want to walk and then put that as a new lod called road way, take a look at the arma 3 samples its very very simple. if you can do texture you can do that.

• Like 2

One of the main issues with large scale objects in arma is geometry larger than 50 meters. To make this work you will have to create it in sections.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2017 at 8:33 PM, Ryejin said:

i have the texturing/skinning down, but making it a solid so you can walk around on it, AI coding and vehicle coding so they can all be "on it" and not fall threw it is what i need help with. all i know it will take lod and geometry but ya im in need of help. 

here is my project

mEthC2L.png

Have you not UV Maped any of it ?