gadjr114

Alterate spawn points and repair bays

I've searched the internet for quite awhile and can not find exactly what it is that I'm looking for.

I would like to know if there is a way to change the "z" value of an alternate spawn marker.  For example, I am placing an AI unit in the editor and would like the unit to spawn in one of three different locations.  By using a marker and setting it as an "alternate spawn location" for the unit, I can get it to work.  But is there a way to edit the "z" value of the spawn marker?  Basically, the three different locations would be on three different floors of a three story building.

My other questions revolves around Re-arm and Re-fueling stations/bays for a MP mission.  I would like to have something as simple as a trigger area that when a vehicle drives/flys into the area, it is re-fueled and re-armed either instantly or over the course of a few seconds.  Is there any SIMPLE way of accomplishing this? (ie a trigger with a simple script in the init field or something).  Also, it must work in a MP mission.

Thank for all of your help and input!

//Script for spawning on different floors

_differentFloors = [5, 10, 15, 20]; //Different floor levels (meters, can ofcourse change this to what fits you, these are only examples).

_chosenFloor = _differentFloors call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; //This will select a random height by chosen a random number from the array we created. //The unit will thereby spawn on a random height.

//Refuel and rearm script
//Create a trigger and name it: RearmAndRefuel
//Make it trigger when any player enters the location and make sure it is repeatable (check the box that says repeatable).
//After that, write this in the activation field: null = [thislist] execVM "yourSqfFileName.sqf";
//Inside of the SQF file, write this:

//Declare a variable for unit using the vehicle
params ["_unit"];

//Selects the vehicle the player currently is using
_currentUnitVehicle = vehicle _unit;

_currentUnitVehicle setDamage 0;
_currentUnitVehicle setVehicleAmmo 1;
_currentUnitVehicle setFuel 1;

Hopefully this should work for you, let me know if something doesn't work or you need something else.

You'll never spawn in altitude what ever marker you choose. Markers have no Z.

You can spawn on a trigger with a valid Z.

But inside a building, just choose an existing position with the buildingPos command.

For your trigger area of repair zone, in MP, I suggest you to fire the trigger everywhere (by default), then run the code locally:

if (local (thisList select 0)) then {(thisList select 0) setFuel 1}; See also setVehicleAmmoDef and the locality of turrets if more than one player (driver) in the vehicle.

17 hours ago, gadjr114 said:

I've searched the internet for quite awhile and can not find exactly what it is that I'm looking for.

I would like to know if there is a way to change the "z" value of an alternate spawn marker.  For example, I am placing an AI unit in the editor and would like the unit to spawn in one of three different locations.  By using a marker and setting it as an "alternate spawn location" for the unit, I can get it to work.  But is there a way to edit the "z" value of the spawn marker?  Basically, the three different locations would be on three different floors of a three story building.

My other questions revolves around Re-arm and Re-fueling stations/bays for a MP mission.  I would like to have something as simple as a trigger area that when a vehicle drives/flys into the area, it is re-fueled and re-armed either instantly or over the course of a few seconds.  Is there any SIMPLE way of accomplishing this? (ie a trigger with a simple script in the init field or something).  Also, it must work in a MP mission.

Thank for all of your help and input!

Are you attempting to set up multiple respawn points for players with one being on the Aircraft Carrier? The way i set up my respawn system on Tanoa was by using the BIS respawn templates (Works like the respawns in the Apex campaign)
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

The way i added a respawn position on the carrier was by adding a position to the via BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

initPlayerLocal.sqf

[west,[x,y,z],"Name of Respawn on menu screen"] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition; 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

Doing the respawn point this way causes the player to spawn with a parachute. Im spawning the players like 0.2 above the deck of the carrier. Their is a rare occasion that you can be killed by the parachute when it hits the player lol. I have not found a better way since running a trigger to telaport was not a viable option for me.

I'll try to get back to this tomorrow .. when I'm near my computer...