Sign in to follow this  
RacerX

VBS 3 Features in ARMA 3

QUESTIONS FOR THE BI DEVS (not for people who think they know)

I was just wondering if there are any plans or why some features of VBS 3 such as the bigger maps and higher altitudes (sub orbital,Orbital) have not been implemented into ARMA 3. Space, especially in the year 2035, Should be a big factor to be considered IMO. We now have high altitude missile interceptors such as THAAD. We now have railguns,and hypersonic (mach 7 and above) cruise missiles (BrahMos) , X-37B,Comms,gps Satellites I could go on and on. Are there any plans in the near future to add these features to ARMA 3 or at minimum use the VBS 3 rendering that makes planetary rendering possible? I have a 3d model that uses scram engines I would love to go hypersonic in LEO with.

The main reason for not implementing features from VBS to Arma is that the two games are made by different companies on different engines.

And even if they weren't, no developer would add so major changes this late in a product's life cycle.

3 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

The main reason for not implementing features from VBS to Arma is that the two games are made by different companies on different engines.

And even if they weren't, no developer would add so major changes this late in a product's life cycle.

They couldn't borrow the rendering part and adapt it to ARMA? I was sorta under the impression (Im probably wrong) that ARMA is basically stripped down version of VBS

Just now, RacerX said:

They couldn't borrow the rendering part and adapt it to ARMA?

I don't think companies tend to just borrow their stuff to others. BI would probably have to buy it, then spend a few years adapting it to Arma 3, then dump the game and move on to Arma 4 which would use another engine. Wouldn't make much sense.

Just now, Greenfist said:

I don't think companies tend to just borrow their stuff to others. BI would probably have to buy it, then spend a few years adapting it to Arma 3, then dump the game and move on to Arma 4 which would use another engine. Wouldn't make much sense.

So is ARMA 4 a thing? I thought it was just hype

1 hour ago, RacerX said:

So is ARMA 4 a thing? I thought it was just hype

No no, there's nothing official. The next game might not even be Arma. But it's very likely BI will move on from A3 after the DLCs, without any significant changes to its engine.