Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Fighter attacking/hanging around after cas bomb run request?

As the title says. I am using the new F/A-181, I am connecting it to the Support Requester CAS (Bombing Run). When I call it in for a laser designated bomb run, it drops the bomb and says 'RTB'. But, if I keep the laser going, the plane will keep circling around and dropping its bombs. I know I can use the virtual to avoid this, but I like having an actual fighter loitering.

If I set a waypoint to do not fire, it will circle around the laser and not fire.

So am I doing something wrong? How do I get it to actually ignore the laser after its dropped a bomb for its call. 

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Turn the laser off.

Cheers

The laser can also be used as a range finder, so it sort of makes it useless if I can only use it for that. Plus, it sort of defeats the purpose of limiting how many times the player can call support if the fighter will just loiter forever. 

1 hour ago, kocrachon said:

So am I doing something wrong? How do I get it to actually ignore the laser after its dropped a bomb for its call. 

Nothing wrong except the poor BI support modules. Not a priority.

3 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Nothing wrong except the poor BI support modules. Not a priority.

I mean, it is pretty disapointing. I make shifted my own version where it uses eventhandlers fired to disable the planes ability to find and send it into passive, and then come when radioed and become active again, not sure why BIS seems to struggle doing the same, or what the support module even does really.

You can have an idea of how the BI module works, looking at arma3\addons folder then open the modules_F.pbo  (with pbo manager or else) then open cas_bombing.FSM (with FSM editor which is a BI tools). You'll see the script chart. Roughly, the coordinates of objective are used to:

- create a laser target (in case of non guided request!);

- add a waypoint "destroy" attached to this target.

After a delay the waypoint is "SAD"

If a shot (EH fired) a waypoint "move" is added to initial position with a land "land" (in case of this could work!)

On 6/15/2017 at 1:29 AM, pierremgi said:

You can have an idea of how the BI module works, looking at arma3\addons folder then open the modules_F.pbo  (with pbo manager or else) then open cas_bombing.FSM (with FSM editor which is a BI tools). You'll see the script chart. Roughly, the coordinates of objective are used to:

- create a laser target (in case of non guided request!);

- add a waypoint "destroy" attached to this target.

After a delay the waypoint is "SAD"

If a shot (EH fired) a waypoint "move" is added to initial position with a land "land" (in case of this could work!)

An update on how I got around it.

The module allows you to give an 'init' the the spawned aircraft of virtual aircraft module. So I added EH Fired to remove all weapons, disable AI, set to careless, and delete the vehicle after 45 seconds (usually it has flown away by then). So, that is a work around for now.