Do/will we have the option to apply for community hosted servers to be ranked (match statistics will contribute to global leaderboard, rank progression)?

There are no plans for community-hosted servers to allow gathering xp/currency for security reasons.

• Like 4

Thank you for the clarification Locklear. I pretty much expected this and I can understand the security reasoning behind it.

From a community point of view though (at least for us), this makes hosting a community server and devoting high performance server resources for an Argo server more or less pointless. Helping Bohemia expand the server network structure would only have been an option, if there was chance to use a player ranking. I wouldn't have minded white listed missions/server settings, or IP binding.

This way, the only use of a community hosted server would be for practise/training reasons and in my opinion that is not worth, if the same can be archieved with official servers.

But thanks for the open response :smile_o: .

You have to change this, otherwise clans will not play in Argo because they can not play on their servers. Security has nothing to do with it.

----------------------------------

https://prsclan.com.pl

5 hours ago, jigsaw77 said:

You have to change this, otherwise clans will not play in Argo because they can not play on their servers. Security has nothing to do with it.

The only thing needing to change is Clans attitude if this is the case, which i'm sure for the most part, its not. 

I know for 1 - Many members of my clan and community will be and have been playing this regardless of our ability to host a server on our hardware. 

As long as we have the ability to host custom servers, regardless of ranked or otherwise, for things like comp matches or scrims. Then sweet! 

Clans can host a Server with the in game option, most clans have a dedicated server for other games, and if they have a dedi box, then another game is no real issue.

marty1.png

On 6/25/2017 at 5:34 PM, jigsaw77 said:

this is not the case, my clan play on the official servers every day without fail ..... we split up and go across both teams if numbers are low to stop players leaving the servers 

yes its a shame you cant have a clan xp server but such is life  it doesnt meant clans cant play the game  just meanst you have to play harder  as you have no admin rights so in fact the game is more equal to all 

Is there any chance the security issues might be addressed at a later point sometime, or is it just off the table permanently?

Couldn't there just be an authentication system that connects to the required stat servers, and either monitors the local server through BE to keep them accountable, or possibly even take control of the local server itself to prevent execution of anything past game-file missions and benign BE commands?