Hi, first I wanted to say I'm really enjoying the game so far it's gameplay is very different as it has Arma gameplay combined with more traditional map sizes and gamemodes which makes it really unique, so I hope the game keeps expanding and gains in popularity on release. 

Anyways I'm just curious about Combat Patrol, it sounds extremely fun and is personally my most anticipated mode in the game at the time of posting this. Is there any info on release? Will it be coming on the 22nd before it or after it? Also seeing as how the gamemode uses the 62km map (if I'm incorrect please correct me) instead of the small maps, will you be able to drive cars while completing objectives etc. Yet again if CP does use small maps like La Trinite for example and not the whole 62km island then please let me know as that will make cars a no go. One more question, do you plan on adding other modes like free for all, team deathmatch, elimination, and a longer match with the whole island as the map? Thanks and good job on this awesome game!

From the current state in Arma 3:

1. Release on 22nd - for Argo and A3

2. No drivable vehicles at all (you spawn near the AO, no need for them)

3. If it is the same as in A3, you start with the  map open where you can choose the AO for it (whole map is displayed with towns/areas to select from). Like this: 

4. I think Argo aims for the small CQC paced modes. The big-scale battles are the ones that you will find in Arma 3. That's just an assumption ofc.

4.a. but as the DEVs are encouring players to create own modes, there will be most likely the ones you listed - if someone makes it :)

Hey thanks man! That clears up a lot and I haven't played Arma 3 so some things aren't so obvious to me :) Anyways I appreciate the response man, have a good one.

I think the game is going to be Pay-2-Drive. At least that is what is in the blog post.

https://www.projectargo.net/blog/dev-blogs/impact-imminent

• Set of 14 exclusive animations for the MVP screen
  • Bundle of 22 unique apparel items, including facewear and headwear, and backpacks (these items are purely cosmetic and do not offer any gameplay benefits)
  • Highlighted name in the leaderboards
  • Access to premium servers that will be exclusively available for Argo Supporters
  • Access to vehicles in Argo's Scenario Editor

I heard that you can't actually drive them and that they're only for the Scenario Editor not in-game though it's possible.

12 hours ago, dw6197 said:

Hi, first I wanted to say I'm really enjoying the game so far it's gameplay is very different as it has Arma gameplay combined with more traditional map sizes and gamemodes which makes it really unique, so I hope the game keeps expanding and gains in popularity on release. 

Anyways I'm just curious about Combat Patrol, it sounds extremely fun and is personally my most anticipated mode in the game at the time of posting this. Is there any info on release? Will it be coming on the 22nd before it or after it? Also seeing as how the gamemode uses the 62km map (if I'm incorrect please correct me) instead of the small maps, will you be able to drive cars while completing objectives etc. Yet again if CP does use small maps like La Trinite for example and not the whole 62km island then please let me know as that will make cars a no go. One more question, do you plan on adding other modes like free for all, team deathmatch, elimination, and a longer match with the whole island as the map? Thanks and good job on this awesome game!

1) Actually we will probably release Combat Patrol a bit sooner, with the last update to make sure it's all functioning and enjoyable to players.

2) When playing CP, you will get a chance to select one location on Malden and as mentioned by TrueCruel_Nobody, you will spawn near AO and wont need them.

3) Access to vehicles - what we mean in mentioning it in DLC feature list, if you ever played Arma you know how it works if you want to play around with an asset from DLC which you dont have, if it's car, you can enter it but can't drive it.

4) We might experiment with new scenarios, no promises though, our main focus is the core game