Hi All,

I'm having a really minor issue however now i've noticed it I feel like i need to resolve it.

I'm creating my first asset (a custom tank using PhysX), and it seems to be prefixing my display names with 'X'.

I've noted that changing the simulation from 'simulation = "tankx"' to 'tank' removes the X, so i'm certain that's the issue.

Is it possible to remove the prefixed X on each of my vehicle names?

Are you setting the display name?

displayName = "Ash Tank";

Yeah so my current config.cpp looks like....

class CfgVehicleClasses
{
    class TestTank
    {
        displayname = "FirstTank";
    };
};

However it displays as 'X FirstTank'

Presumably that isn't your entire config.cpp. Perhaps upload all of it to hastebin.com so we can take a look.

I think your display name parameter should be in cfgVehicles, not cfgVehicleClasses. 

Okay so my above snippet is the wrong area, cfgVehicleClasses is for the category the vehicle will be held in, as i'm going to be making a few variants of the same tank but want to group them together.

https://hastebin.com/poxovikese.cs    -- that's my current config, most of it is from tutorials i could find online.

Line 56 - This is the name i want to display.

Line 54 - I think this is what is causing the X to display in front of the name.

Try adding this above cfgVehicles:

class CfgEditorSubcategories
{
	class GB_Army_Tracked 
	{
		displayName = "Test tanks"; 

};

};

Then inside cfgVehicles put:
        editorSubcategory = GB_Army_Tracked;

The subclasses work, I have a drop down selection with Test Tanks and can see First Tank below it.

However it's still showing as 'X First Tank'

Yes, I think that's coming from your vehicleclasses entry. Just try those additions and see what happens. 

Get the error 'No entry 'bin\config.cpp\CfgVehicleClasses\GB_Army_Tracked'' when i remove my vehicle classes class, and when i leave it in with that code it has no effect.

When you removed cfgVehicles classes did you also delete or comment out line 95 ? Class =   

Yeah, replaced that line to add yours in, just having a look through the other assets and it seems to be common that they are prefixed with X, i presume Bohemia use this to note all the PhysX assets at a glace?

You mean in Eden? Mines not like that. My atv that I'm making uses physx and it doesn't have any x prefix. Weird. 

Could well be, there's about 100 vehicles on my asset list which seem to have it.

Ahh well, thank you for your help, guess I'll have to live with the X.