fn_Quiksilver

Star Wars mod, what is going on?

6 minutes ago, haleks said:

Maybe try to put yourself in our shoes : creating original content (for free) is a huge amount of work. The only thing modders ask in return is credit (and respect of their license and IP).

So yes, we do speak with frustration and anger whenever people are stealing modded work, not giving credit whatsoever and, on top of that, acting entitled like this dudes.

We've already "lost" excellent modders over that kind of nonsense - and now Pomigit seems to be giving up too. This is doing more damage than good, all over the board, and I think we are in fact pretty civil, all things considered...

I can understand this I'm creating Arma 3 content myself with Blender. And it is amazing how much time is spent creating even simple looking content.

The biggest looser in this whole situation is the community itself, by loosing modders because they quit out of frustration.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kazalla said:

The biggest looser in this whole situation is the community itself, by loosing modders because they quit out of frustration.

Yes you are right, the community in this forum, especially in this topic is far superior when I read things like calling other people: "this scum dont have any education or human feeling. " , " That's the perfect example of uneducated morrons killing the motivation for modders who actually have talent. " , " You know, it sucks when a few turd nuggets ruin it for everyone else, but you know for every turd nugget there's a lot of good people in this community that will look after you and take care of you. " and so on... I don't want to defend people that are using bad words on Steam platform but some people in here are not better they only think they are. And this is the official forum of Arma 3 where such language is tolerated...

I think practicing hypocrisy and demagoguery is quite a sport nowadays.

We are talking about people who are literally stealing the dead and the living, not only this but also trying to take advantage of their work and good faith.

For me this king of people are the comment that I have already said before.

And that's a likely outcome if people keep ignoring requests and getting militant about it. Which is a damn shame. Valve won't take a more hands on approach. So if you can't exercise some control over your own creation, what else can you do? You retract from it. And keep your creations for friends or a select clan that you trust. And it's already happened. There are folks out there that don't release their stuff publicly. They simply aren't interested in dueling with people. And they don't discuss it either. They don't see the point. All they lose is some exposure. Not a big deal really.

But it would be a loss. Particularly to the ones making the most noise in cases like this. Which wouldn't happen if they , as they have said themselves many times, "let it go".

Modders put a lot of passion into the stuff they create. It's got a certain amount of personal investment in it. To have someone tell you it's effectively not yours, is a slap in the face. But as I've mentioned, this can affect the community more than the modder in the long term. They can continue doing what they love to a lesser degree. But they can still do it.

I know for a fact some people say, "So what? There's plenty of modders out there to replace them". I'm sure there are. But how much experience will they have? How good are they? It's no coincidence that much of the material at the center of these disputes is of a high standard. But once they get some experience, and realise the low regard in which they're held by some, they may recoil from it too.

• Like 5

And I would like to add that using "Bushlurker" material without permission means that since he has passed away can be used, it is not the first time that it happens.

My opinion after reading many comments about this and other mods is that unfortunately there is a sub-culture of small thieves who consider that any mod that has been created belongs to them beyond any respect for their creators.
Given the neglect and theft that are in other scenes of modders where practicamente everything is allowed consider that the scene of Arma is another garden of the eden where they can behave like in a cage of monkeys doing their needs by any place.

15 minutes ago, djotacon said:

We are talking about people who are literally stealing the dead and the living, not only this but also trying to take advantage of their work and good faith.

I think you refer to Bushlurker's Hanters Gorge map? Is it part of the Opposition mod?

4 minutes ago, Kazalla said:

I think you refer to Bushlurker's Hanters Gorge map? Is it part of the Opposition mod?

Read the entire thread carefully, please.

But in the workshop release there is no Bushlurker's Hanters Gorge nor Strange New Worlds.

Just now, Kazalla said:

Right now there is only the scarif map and the felucia map in opposition maps.

Well i maybe incorrect, as it had been reported here that it had been included.

9 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Well i maybe incorrect, as it had been reported here that it had been included.

I wanted to compare the filesizes of the files in opposition maps with them in Hanters Gorge but sadly Hanters Gorge was taken offline from Steam Workshop...

This is just terrible bohemia shouldhave known this would happen honestly I think the workshop is great and stuff but it really does need to have either a curated workshop or  something like that but more automatic 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

huh?

the "dont give a fukkk lemme play" community on Steam is faaar bigger than the community here who speak out against the thievery

A more statistically accurate statement is probably:  "For every good person here, there are dozens of turd nuggets who dont care about the content creator and just wants access to the stolen property."

I wasn't really referring to the Steam community, I was more referring to this community.  Though this community had their fair share of questionable people they kind of go away or get ignored and leave i.e. the people who complain about ArmA for their first or second post.

4 hours ago, Kazalla said:

Yes you are right, the community in this forum, especially in this topic is far superior when I read things like calling other people: "this scum dont have any education or human feeling. " , " That's the perfect example of uneducated morrons killing the motivation for modders who actually have talent. " , " You know, it sucks when a few turd nuggets ruin it for everyone else, but you know for every turd nugget there's a lot of good people in this community that will look after you and take care of you. " and so on... I don't want to defend people that are using bad words on Steam platform but some people in here are not better they only think they are. And this is the official forum of Arma 3 where such language is tolerated...

I had someone tell me to go kill myself just because I made a 3d model of a fire truck.  I can't imagine the grief Pomigit is getting  So...yea, using phrases like "scum" and "turd nugget" is fairly civil compared to that.

• Like 6

The thing that's causing a lot of confusion here is the fact that I had threatened to issue a DMCA if they released it on steam and it still contained IA assets. 

The DMCA was issued by an as yet unknown individual before I was even able to verify my own claim. But I've been blamed for it and have been on the back foot ever since.

They're claiming it doesn't contain any IA assets (even though Uro has proven differently now) and so all the fan boys are assuming BHI made a claim because we are some how jealous of this mod and just want to ruin the party.

Whether or not Hanter's Gorge has been packaged up with their maps on steam, I have no idea. My point there was that Konoa misrepresented the map as being from their mod in his video. 

The mod team then jumped down my throat and tried to claim it was a completely different map.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Kazalla said:

But in the workshop release there is no Bushlurker's Hanters Gorge nor Strange New Worlds.

You are a complete stranger in this community and you dare to doubt the testimony and trials of people who have blatantly stolen their efforts and merits, they are a well know members here and to me theres no doubt that they are saying the truth,

If you have a proof that denies the pogomit claims and my personal experience raising DCMA and crushing this rats put your argument over the table or remain silent.

26 minutes ago, djotacon said:

You are a complete stranger in this community and you dare to doubt the testimony and trials of people who have blatantly stolen their efforts and merits, they are a well know members here and to me theres no doubt that they are saying the truth,

If you have a proof that denies the pogomit claims and my personal experience raising DCMA and crushing this rats put your argument over the table or remain silent.

Do I need +100 likes like you to enter a discussion on an official game forum? Are you gonna decide who can talk in this forum and who not?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kazalla said:

Do I need +100 likes like you to enter a discussion on an official game forum? Are you gonna decide who can talk in this forum and who not?

Do you have proof against pogomits claims ?

No?

Then you have nothing, end of the question, an educated person remaint silent when dont have anything to say.

And I'm not a moderator I cant decide who post in this forum but I think that if you are follwing this path I dont see very much post of you.

5 minutes ago, djotacon said:

Do you have proof against pogomits claims ?

No?

Then you have nothing, end of the question, an educated person remaint silent when dont have anything to say.

And I'm not a moderator I cant decide who post in this forum but I think that if you are follwing this path I dont see very much post of you.

You can't even spell Pomigits name correct but you are talking about education...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kazalla said:

The Oppostion mod team stated on Steam Workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944723712&searchtext= ) that Ruppertle of BHI filed the DMCA because of spark effects being used.

I'd like to see evidence of this because first I was being blamed and now McRuppert. I contacted everyone I was able to get hold of who had contributed to the mod and recommended to end the DMCA if they did issue it. No one has come forward and confirmed it was them so I'm dubious of this claim.

With that said, if McRuppert did in fact take it upon himself to make a claim against work he invested countless hours making then I can fully understand why he would. The video shared by Uro highlights a number of items made by McRuppert for the IA mod.

Right now though I'm just concerned for him because if he is being named as the person who issued the DMCA I expect he will receive a barrage of abuse which is absolutely not on. The only thing this behaviour will do is ensure talented modders like McRuppert will pack it in. Again it's not worth the abuse.

• Like 2

On 15/6/2017 at 7:30 AM, Kazalla said:

You can't even spell Pomigits name correct but you are talking about education...

The endless loop strike again, I leave this before the moderator launch the anti flamebait warhead.

Is "pogimit" not "Pomigits" - I see you cant speell good too - but sorry for not make a good "spelling" a nickname - this even isnt a word -

I add this for the forum record.

5 minutes ago, pomigit said:

Sadly defend your own rights agains the hordes of "Skavens" that thinks they are living in the far west tranforms you and your crew in the incarnation of evil.

13 minutes ago, djotacon said:

The endless loop strike again, I leave this before the moderator launch the anti flamebait warhead.

The only person who loops is in fact you if I look on your previous comments in this topic...

@djotacon I will ignore your posts from now on, to get this discussion back to topic.

so much drama, sure the idea of a star wars mod is very cool, and i know stolen content is bad, but why so much hate and drama on both sides? its a damn war of the ego's right now and its very sad! I support nether side but i did like the star wars mod when it was up, realism and modern mods where getting very boring to me so this added character, but then i find the drama, UGH  i propose this, both sides make a peace pack to end the drama!

ok, time for all sides to stop with the back and forth of anything that is not directly on topic to the thread or it will be locked and possibly removed.

Received quite a few reports on this thread from all sides.

You do not need to one up the other guy and get back at him. If it is not directly on topic, just stop please.

Thank you.

Edited by BohemiaBeck
Thead cleanup has occurred on at least last page of posts
  • Like 8