sowens

Released![MP][WarFighter] Liberation

22 minutes ago, vengeance1 said:

Ok thanks, I did further testing and if I ran all 3 Hidden Clients then they will not spawn.  If I reboot Server and do not use Hidden Clients all works fine.  I will try and send rpt file when I return home.

No problem glad to help fix the issue mate

constance68w has joined the team and will be handcrafting [WarFighter] Liberation maps for the community.

We also have a new release coming out later today that correct a bug with OpFOR AI either not entering or leaving buildings before the should. We also increased the randomization of OpFOR AI calls for fire missions (if artillery is available) to simulate calls for support. With that comes the inclusion of static (mortars only) to some sectors. We also broke down some squads in some sectors into fire teams of 4 OpFOR AI. This allows us to use far less AI in some sectors that wouldn't really call for the full court press by the OpFOR AI commander which furthers the realism we are heading towards and is the first step in CQB enhancements we are trying for in built up areas of the map.

I am having some issues with ACE compatibility. It seems like ace is deactivated by the mission (no windows key context menu), but the default medical system does not activate even with ace not working. I still see the ace bandages but am not able to use the medical menu or the context menu to check/bandage players. If I disable ace medical the default scroll wheel med system works again. This is on a dedicated server with no headless clients. I will grab the rpt file tonight when I get back from work but just wanted to check if this was a known issue or I am missing something in the config files.  

8 minutes ago, Silky322 said:

I am having some issues with ACE compatibility. It seems like ace is deactivated by the mission (no windows key context menu), but the default medical system does not activate even with ace not working. I still see the ace bandages but am not able to use the medical menu or the context menu to check/bandage players. If I disable ace medical the default scroll wheel med system works again. This is on a dedicated server with no headless clients. I will grab the rpt file tonight when I get back from work but just wanted to check if this was a known issue or I am missing something in the config files.  

It is a reported bug and I believe we will add an ACE Parameter so you can disable to the medical system. That should be a temporary fix for now.

• Like 1

Awesome. Didn't see the github issue tracker when I was first looking into the issue. Thanks for the update. 

Still looking for a fix. It's not as simple as adding a parameter.

Disabling the below in description.ext will enable ACE interactive keys within the mission.pbo if you want to use ACE while you wait for a fix.

#include "AIS\Effects\BarDlg.hpp

};
class CfgFunctions {
    #include "AIS\cfgFunctions.hpp"
};

I will give that a shot. I poked around in some of the mission files last night when I was trying to see if it was an issue and saw the kp cfg file with the parameter in it, but that obviously didn't resolve it. I will keep looking tonight and let you know if I find anything that may be helpful. Thanks for the workaround. 

3 minutes ago, Silky322 said:

I will give that a shot. I poked around in some of the mission files last night when I was trying to see if it was an issue and saw the kp cfg file with the parameter in it, but that obviously didn't resolve it. I will keep looking tonight and let you know if I find anything that may be helpful. Thanks for the workaround. 

It's actually in fn_preinit.sqf. There is a line that should exit the script if it detects ace but something isn't right, of course. The new parameter will take care of turning on different areas of the scripts that the config file now initiates.

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main")) then {

Version: 1.01 Released

• Fixed: VCOMAI and building defenders code clashing. simpline_11-16.png
  • Fixed: CSAT Preset forces were acting up. We taught them to behave. simpline_11-16.png
  • Added: New Sectors are now explained in the tutorial available at your starting base. simpline_11-16.png
  • Added:  Randomized AI calls for Artillery Support to simulate calls for fire support - ongoing modification. simpline_11-16.png
  • Added: Created randomized OpFOR AI Fire Teams for use in sectors that doesn't require larger OpFOR forces. simpline_11-16.png
  • Added: Parameter to enable ACE scripts within Liberation. If you run ACE, set this to yes. simpline_11-16.png
  • Changed: Added new/moved sectors on the LYTHIUM map. simpline_11-16.png
  • Removed: Changed Friendly AI at FOB Martin to Default ARMA 3 AI to remove dependency for those not use 3cb BAF. simpline_11-16.png

Download link on Page 1 of this thread

Known Issues:

1) in vcomai I must deactived "west" ai ?

2) Don't load virtual arsenal, my soldier is naked -:)

17 minutes ago, Danilik said:

1) in vcomai I must deactived "west" ai ?

2) Don't load virtual arsenal, my soldier is nuked -:)

West is already disabled in vcomai

I'm not sure what you mean on line 2 But I will take a guess. Based on your selection of Preset, it loads the arsenal type used for those units. So Aegis-USForces has no arsenal, it just loads everything. 3cbBAF loads British equipment, weapons, etc. 

Myself and "SCUD" are working on deploying remote sensors to the battlefield today. This is our first step into OpFOR AI reconnaissance for the more tech savvy enemies we have in ARMA 3. We just finished adding FFAA and AEGIS. If you haven't looked at those addons, you should. FFAA adds Spanish forces to ARMA3 and has some really great features. AEGIS extends NATO forces and adds Future British forces to ARMA3. It adds remote controlled weapons, new aircraft, and so much more that should have been in ARMA at release. The next release might make it this week, depending on if we can figure out how to randomly deploy the sensor via scripting. Still re learning ARMA...

We changed the way Battle Groups spawn. They will now spawn near Large cities and Military Bases. Taking those sectors now reduces the OpFOR AI Commander's choices on where, and if, he can deploy his offensive groups.

Currently we know about the pricing in the presets being wrong in some areas. We fixed those and it's my fault as I like to copy paste a little to much. The injury code in [WarFighter] Liberation breaks ACE. There is a work around listed on the front page. There are currently no other known bugs but I am sure they are there. 

Enjoy your week!

23 hours ago, sowens said:

West is already disabled in vcomai

I'm not sure what you mean on line 2 But I will take a guess. Based on your selection of Preset, it loads the arsenal type used for those units. So Aegis-USForces has no arsenal, it just loads everything. 3cbBAF loads British equipment, weapons, etc. 

If loading virtual arsenal at the same time as the fob is ok, otherwise it will not work

Not sure mate. We have had a fob up for a week and can pull up the arsenals. I will look again.

Great version of liberation. AIS makes it much more fun for playing solo with AI. One small request, could you add a mobile FOB for 3CB version too? And 3CB has no armored unit at all. Maybe we can borrow some US equipments :)?

3cb should have an ambulance that works as a mobile respawn. We will have a 3cb BAF Heavy version that uses CUP BAF vehicles, we just haven't put it in yet. Thanks for the feedback!

But I could not see mobile respawn in the logistic category (as the standard HEMITT), is it under other one?

Another question, in the parameter one option is enable blufor sector defense, is that referring to auto generate defender at controlled sectors? If so I haven't notice any.

Last one, maybe its more an AIS question, but not sure if you modified it in the mission: do AI only squad heal up or revive each other? it seems they die out pretty quickly....And is there way to set AI medics to auto heal injured/incapacitated teammate? I know there is a automedic script, but not sure how it would work with AIS.

Thanks for the quick response.

17 hours ago, shi4stone said:

But I could not see mobile respawn in the logistic category (as the standard HEMITT), is it under other one?

Another question, in the parameter one option is enable blufor sector defense, is that referring to auto generate defender at controlled sectors? If so I haven't notice any.

Last one, maybe its more an AIS question, but not sure if you modified it in the mission: do AI only squad heal up or revive each other? it seems they die out pretty quickly....And is there way to set AI medics to auto heal injured/incapacitated teammate? I know there is a automedic script, but not sure how it would work with AIS.

Thanks for the quick response.

1 - its an ambulance

2- BluFor defense spawns when the sector is attacked. Usually they just die off to anything more than a few infantry.

3 - AIS will only work if you direct them to heal via commands. That's how it was designed with the new changes. It's a new version, but the older version will do what you are asking. The new version may get to that point as well.

Me and Scud's dad died Friday so I will be offline for a week or so. Pardon us not being fast to respond but it was sudden and unexpected.

Just to report that the supply convoy raid 2ndary mission seems to have a bug as the ammo box captured cannot be recycled, when click recycle, the resource box says "scalar value" or something like that instead of a number for each resource type. was expecting a large amount of ammo

Looks like a great campaign.  I'm an SP player, possible to recruit AI?  If so how's it done?  

I started the mission, but didn't see anything related to AI recruitment once deployed at the starting FOB.  

Thanks and good day!

DrDetroit