sowens

Released![MP][WarFighter] Liberation

02F91F636DBA5508BD91AD3A4CAE6F56E9E64826

We spent the evening enjoying some steaks and finalizing the first map. Play test this weekend to see how it runs on the dedicated server with more players. Still waiting on the Sams/AAA fix before we add those. Enemy AI artillery is a pain in the ass...shoot and scoot if you want to live. You will also see a bit more choppers in the air around military installations.

• Like 1

We are getting closer! Below is the Patrol Base you will operate out of until you start deploying and building FOBs/COPs. Can you guess the map?

088EBB4ABA5DB2687B0F0B9B26FF02DBC95BC17A

• Like 1

1.2 - The United States Marine Corps and Amphibious Operations will make their appearance.

• Deploy your forces off LHD and Carrier via amphibious vehicles.
  • New side mission types including reconnaissance and sea mine demolition.
  • and much more...

2 minutes ago, Danilik said:

A question, FPS ?

It would always depend on the server you are running it on. We aren't building it for low end machines in mind, but servers. That being said, I have an AMD core and a 1060gtx video card with 16 gigs desktop and it runs good for myself and the few developers can connect and we can test. We mainly use a physical server from NFO to test and play on however.

is possible to play with lan server ? I hope ok

I and my friends have 970 gtx; I5 4590 ; 8gb ram

16 minutes ago, Danilik said:

is possible to play with lan server ? I hope ok

I and my friends have 970 gtx; I5 4590 ; 8gb ram

I would think so. AMD runs worse than Intel in Arma. You should probably be ok.

Confirmed release for July 7? I can not wait. You worked A.I ? Different and better than vcom ?

Thank you for answer, very kind and compliments for the job. Ciao

2 minutes ago, Danilik said:

Confirmed release for July 7? I can not wait. You worked A.I ? Different and better than vcom ?

Thank you for answer, very kind and compliments for the job. Ciao

Only some of the AI functions have been redone and most of that involves the ai in houses or faster spawning of ai in sectors. We have VCOM AI in the mission but it's a bit modified. The mission is better with VCOM than it is without right now so we left it in. 

Time to make some grass grow...[WarFighter] Liberation v1.0 - Lythium is coming tomorrow July 4th. Happy Independence Day.

3rd Commando Brigade BAF vs Iranian Military (current day)

• Like 2

[WarFighter] Liberation is a collaboration of different people wanting to bring realism to Liberation. To protect the work of the different contributors and developers, [WarFighter] Liberation code modifications and additions are sub-licensed into a new restrictive License you can find HERE

:face_palm:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jus61 said:

:face_palm:

It's not our requirement. It's the licenses of some of the code we used. We contacted them again to see if we can release under MIT, but we will respect their wishes regardless of others opinions.

EDIT: The license stays at the request of the contributor(s). It's their code, their rules. That being said, read the license. 

v1.0 Released

• You may encounter bugs. We spent hours testing but some will no doubt get thru.
  • The map is not complete and we will modify with feedback/based on our play-tests.
  • Happy 4th of July!

*video credit/source - http://ffaamod.es/

Description*
The map replicates the intense and most tribal areas of Afghanistan, traversed by a long valley across the map. You will find two main cities, apart from small villages and rural areas, oriented from north to south with their respective fields of flight. The name is given by the main route linking the two provinces, where our Spanish Armed Forces operated between 2002-2015 to secure the route between Badghis and Bala Murghad. 

Technical details

• GRID: 2048X2048
  • Cell Size Resolution: 10 Meters
  • Land Size: 20480 × 20480 (400 km²)
  • Satellite Mask: 10240 × 10240
  • Satellite Image: 20480 × 20480
  • Number of Objects: 1,171,028
  • Additional requirements: JBAD buildings

Characteristics*

• Two airports with their respective bases oriented to the North and South.
  • The central base "Regiment44" North contains a training camp.
  • Four cities to the Northwest, Southeast and South where you can carry out your missions.
  • Five main valleys located along the map.
  • Network of roads interconnected throughout the entire terrain.
  • Three small outpost in the north and central area.
  • Many small rural areas and villages spread over several points of the land.
  • And many more things to discover ...

*credit/source - http://ffaamod.es/

[WarFighter] Liberation (Lythium Map) - Mods*: 

• CBA - Required
  • LYTHIUM - Required
  • Jbad - Required
  • 3cb BAF (4) Mods - Download HERE.
  • RHSUSAF
  • RHSAFRF
  • Project OpFOR 

Steam Collection (not including 3cb BAF)

*License is included with mission files and on the first page of this thread.

• Like 2

Is it only on Ilthyium?

Would you have any issues with it being ported to other maps?

And can it be done so in the traditional way of porting Liberation?

1 hour ago, constance68w said:

Is it only on Ilthyium?

Would you have any issues with it being ported to other maps?

And can it be done so in the traditional way of porting Liberation?

It's only on Lythium currently. We also have Altis almost ready to go, which will come out soon. If you want to join the team and work on our maps, we wouldn't mind having more help as well. Our version of Liberation has more sector types but the upgrade is much the same as [GREUH] Liberation.

You can see our license in the mission.pbo or on the first page, but yes you can edit, change, modify, etc as long as your doing it for your community/privately, it's not going to be published, reversed engineered, used in other missions, etc and your follow the license. We have contributors who wish either for people to obtain permission to reuse or they don't want their code to be reused outside of our license. Because we asked them for their help, we respect their wishes and their licenses.

VCOMAI and our changes to OpFOR in built up areas is not playing nice. We will release a fix as soon as we can...after we eat these nice steaks and cold beer. :drinking2:

It doesn't break the game but you will see more ai in the open with some of them not moving until player/ai get closer to them.

I'm open to working on the team, definitely.

I'm also using this for my own community of >100, private use, not to be redistributed or published outside of it.

Did you test this on a Dedicated Server? I just did and the OPFOR do not spawn?  I will reboot Server and try again.

2 minutes ago, constance68w said:

I'm open to working on the team, definitely.

I'm also using this for my own community of >100, private use, not to be redistributed or published outside of it.

No problem, send me a message thru the forums tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, vengeance1 said:

Did you test this on a Dedicated Server? I just did and the OPFOR do not spawn?  I will reboot Server and try again.

Make sure you have all the mods, depending on your selection of presets. That is usually the cause of OpFOR not spawning in other versions of Liberation.

I am running all the mods (only) that you listed both from Steam and 3CB. I double checked and I have all the mods, I am also running all 3 Hidden Clients.  I am using default Presets only set "faster nights".

Thanks we will check it out after dinner and fireworks tonight. We generally work local and play test on our dedicated server on Saturday nights.

I can verify that with the current release, AI are spawning on the dedicated server. Our preset selection was 3cb BAF and our Enemy Preset selection was current day Iranian Military - RHSAFRF/ProjectOpFOR mods. Send me an .rpt file thru message on BI Forums if you would like help troubleshooting.

Ok thanks, I did further testing and if I ran all 3 Hidden Clients then they will not spawn.  If I reboot Server and do not use Hidden Clients all works fine.  I will try and send rpt file when I return home.