_SCAR

Sample Shop broken? [HELP WANTED]

Hello all,

I need some colored house for my custom terrain, Kastellorizo. Therefore, I've taken the Shop Model in the Arma 3 samples, taken some arma textures and re-colorized them to my liking.

It is my understanding that, as long as you abide to the Arma 3 Samples EULA, it is correct and legal for me to do this; I'm going to use these houses only in a Arma terrain.

To clarify, this is the model I'm talking about:

ss_6e126dcf801cd7d20f573cea53fa9f1de90a1

The issue I have though, is that model is a little borked. For instance, all the stairs are wacky (and I've done my best to put them in place), and also I cannot seem to apply textures in the interior of the window and door fixtures.

I've used this house quite extensively in a city of my terrain, and some alpha testers are noticing significative drops in the FPS in this area (from 45 to 22).

Since I'm very noob in regards to modelling, I'm hoping that some kind soul can help me out here... It's probably a 5 minutes fix for a modeller, and an impossible task for me :)

I wonder: can this model be borked in a way that it is "non-manifold" (I've been told that this is the technical word), hence they influence negatively the game performance? Unfortunately it's a domain that I really am not familiar with.

Here's a video (at a much earlier stage of the terrain) where these colored houses are being used:

Thank you for any insight on this... It would be such a pity for me to have to go back to standard homes (and not an easy task).

_SCAR

The sample model lacks the low resolution LODs as it only has the 1.000 stage so it will draw the first vis lod for all buildings where proper arma assets have multiple resolution lods that the engine uses according to scene complexity. To use it properly you would need to make the reduced resolution lods.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/LOD

• Like 1

Oh damn. Thank you for this. Though, I wouldn't even know where to start from... 

I've converted this title into HELP WANTED to see if some kind soul wants to contribute to the development of the island of Kastellorizo by providing this model, fixed.

If only there was a way to simply change the textures of houses within Arma. I mean, really.