Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Visit to Chernarus IRL

Hi there, I will visit Prague in a few days (Karlovy vary too btw), and since I´m going by car from Germany, I will have the opportunity to make a little detour if the time allows it and visit Chernarus IRL.

I plan to drive to Luční Chvojno (Vybor); Mnichov (Kabanino); Lipová (Stary Sobor); Slavošov (Novy Sobor); Mirkov (Mogilevka).

I also plan to visit the Blansko castle ruin (castle Zub in Arma next to Vyshnoye).

After this I want to drive on towards Povrly (Elektrozavodsk).

Has anybody been in the area and knows if the road (dirttrack )between Mirkov (Mogilevka) and Masovice (Pusta) can be traversed with a normal car? Or is it something for offroads and tractors only? 

Should I rather take the road through the valley east of it?

Of course I´ll also be visiting (driving through) Neštěmice (Chernogorsk)

Can somebody recommend a good place to eat in the area? :)

• Like 5

Safe travels and post pictures of your epic journey through Cherno! :D

• Like 2

I'm jealous Tonic. I hope you have a great time, nothing better than a good road trip! Take a Go Pro if you have one, or borrow one. It's the journey that's important, not the destination!

• Like 1

You'll find that the towns themselves have different buildings & layouts, but the roads and vegetation should all be similar.

• Like 1

So, I did return from the Czech republic, and from my visit to Chernarus IRL, Prague, and Karlovy Vary.

Everything was amazing.

I will post some pictures of my short Chernarus visit next week, and maybe some of my museum to the Kbely Airforce museum in Prague (highly recommended)

Indeed, the layouts of the buildings haven´t been 100% the same, but the roads pretty much were on point. And some structures and areas are modeled into the game in astonishing detail. For example the rusty warehouse in stary sobor and the old farm next to it. The farm buildings are ruins IRL, but they are of the same build and the layout also fits.

The very first thing I discovered is that you absolutely can NOT drive on the roads as you would in the game ;)

They are mostly very narrow (and not well maintained), and the very dense vegetation on the sides blocks the view into turns significantly. Most of the time you can not see farther than 30-50meters, often less than that. Therefore driving is very slow.

The countryside itself is very beautiful, and if you go to the Blansko Castle ruin (castle Zub in game) you will have an astonishing view to all directions. The game doesn´t do it justice at all.

The real Chernarus also has small rivers and streams, and lakes. I think the Arma engine would really benefit from such things.

I´m very glad that I went for this small detour, and that I could convince my girlfriend, who was skeptical at first (she doesn´t know Arma) but came around very fast when we climbed the castle tower at Blansko, the view is really something :)

• Like 4

I will post some pictures of my short Chernarus visit next week

This would be cool, seems like you did enjoy it :icon_biggrin: