Squirtman

Help changing weapon sounds

I'm working on a project that i want to have cup weapons in but i don't want to use the default weapon firing sounds. I would like to replace them with my own sound files however i can not find any good information on how to do this. everything i have found has either been incomplete or so incomprehensible that it is useless. Not to mention every different "tutorial" or "guide" contains conflicting information to the previous one i found.

Can anyone that knows how to do this possibly explain it please. Sample code would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

I think changing the sound of a weapon is something which should be done by modding. Idk if this is possible by scripting but I doubt it.

Weapons sounds are determined in its config as u can see here: CfgWeapons Config Reference

I know I have to create a mod to do it i just don't know how to code the config.cpp to get it to replace the sounds short of creating a completely new weapon that uses the existing model.

7 hours ago, Squirtman said:
I know I have to create a mod to do it i just don't know how to code the config.cpp to get it to replace the sounds short of creating a completely new weapon that uses the existing model.

Die U ever think bout posting in the related forum?

sent from mobile using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Squirtman said:

double post