Sign in to follow this  
Seddrik

Kick Timer

That hidden and VERY SHORT kick timer is stupid.  

Last round of a set, 2 on my team and one on the other.  Unclaimed point.  I have lots of kills.  I saw the guy run behind a building. I set up a point and wait.... and get kicked.  I lost all my effort, lost being on a team with friends (server is now full) and am royally ticked at this mechanism.  Never seen a competitive game worth playing that was so eager to remove players for nothing, and that right quickly.

I was not AFK.  This has happened before. I was actively looking around (head swivel) and talking on comms.  Yet... kicked.

Fix this.  Include head swivel and comms use on activity.  Or give a warning at 10 seconds before the kick.  Both.  Or make inactivity kick 3 min.  Stop kicking active players.

15 hours ago, Seddrik said:

That hidden and VERY SHORT kick timer is stupid.  

Last round of a set, 2 on my team and one on the other.  Unclaimed point.  I have lots of kills.  I saw the guy run behind a building. I set up a point and wait.... and get kicked.  I lost all my effort, lost being on a team with friends (server is now full) and am royally ticked at this mechanism.  Never seen a competitive game worth playing that was so eager to remove players for nothing, and that right quickly.

I was not AFK.  This has happened before. I was actively looking around (head swivel) and talking on comms.  Yet... kicked.

Fix this.  Include head swivel and comms use on activity.  Or give a warning at 10 seconds before the kick.  Both.  Or make inactivity kick 3 min.  Stop kicking active players.

This is not a bug, therefore this does not need a fix :)

We noticed players are getting kicked when they are "camping" meaning no movement for certain amount of time, in next update you can expect a condition: If player is moving his head, it is not counted as inactivity.

I will suggest implementing a chat message after some time of inactivity to inform the player.