the mod is very cool, is it possible to decontaminate the Contact dlc showers with the function to bring in the mod?

5 hours ago, GamerOnkel said:

the mod is very cool, is it possible to decontaminate the Contact dlc showers with the function to bring in the mod?

I did see it when I was grabbing all the classnames and such and I have had another person  request something similar before Contact was released. I presume it would be possible, but I’m back at work as of today, so I can’t promise a timeline. I was just trying to get a little something out during this virus shitshow.

• Like 1

Please somebody tell me how to make it work?

I can’t save my character’s life in the danger zone.

1. I placed the Add Contam Area module

2. created all the radii and timers inside Add Contam Area (everything works well)

3. created MOPP Level - Level One: Mask Only
4. Placed the special object attached to the module Add Contam Area
5. added AI Settings module (I see how a zone affects AI if they don’t use masks)

everything seems to work, but my character always dies, even in any mask in which the AI does not die!

I try use the mask

G_AirPurifyingRespirator_01_F

and added this name to the Mask Settings module, but the game does not see it.

My character is constantly dying. Why doesn't the AI die in the same mask as my character, while the mask on my character does not save me?

It seems to me that something wrong is happening in this mod, since the AI and the player’s person must have equal conditions for survival.

Just a small question, in the recent update was anything changed that would effect how the mod works in a multiplayer situation? Currently having a problem where AI are unaffected by any contamination areas. Unsure if it is a problem with my host or what right now.

6 hours ago, Scarlett_The_AI said:

Just a small question, in the recent update was anything changed that would effect how the mod works in a multiplayer situation? Currently having a problem where AI are unaffected by any contamination areas. Unsure if it is a problem with my host or what right now.

Nothing was changed on that front this update and given that mickeymen seems to have the opposite issue, something funky is going on but I can’t say for sure if it’s my mod or something else at this point.

21 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Please somebody tell me how to make it work?

I can’t save my character’s life in the danger zone.

1. I placed the Add Contam Area module

2. created all the radii and timers inside Add Contam Area (everything works well)

3. created MOPP Level - Level One: Mask Only
4. Placed the special object attached to the module Add Contam Area
5. added AI Settings module (I see how a zone affects AI if they don’t use masks)

everything seems to work, but my character always dies, even in any mask in which the AI does not die!

I try use the mask

G_AirPurifyingRespirator_01_F

and added this name to the Mask Settings module, but the game does not see it.

My character is constantly dying. Why doesn't the AI die in the same mask as my character, while the mask on my character does not save me?

It seems to me that something wrong is happening in this mod, since the AI and the player’s person must have equal conditions for survival.

Both players and AI run the same init functions to start damage conditions, so it is weird that one would take damage over the other. I did test each of the MOPP conditions from 1-4 with the gear from Contact without any issues on my end. I presume it may just be a setting or two that needs adjusting in a module, but I would need more info/screenshots to confirm that.

Something even weirder. Which does make me think it may just be a server problem, it works perfectly in Editor but not on my own server.

4 hours ago, jshock said:

I did test each of the MOPP conditions from 1-4 with the gear from Contact without any issues on my end. I presume it may just be a setting or two that needs adjusting in a module, but I would need more info/screenshots to confirm that.

Hi! Most likely my fault.

Contam Area module

30620162_s.jpg

Mask Settings module

30620170_s.jpg

I made such settings and do not know what else is needed in order to simulate simple contamination.

With these settings, I placed 3 infantry units on the map - player and the two AI  are all equally equipped, but my character is dying, while the AI is not dying.  If I take off masks with AI, then they die too. So their masks work, but my mask does not work 

How do I create the same conditions for a player and AI?

Why are the conditions for AI and human player are different on the whole?

PS: I also don’t see the mask overlay. Why is he not? seems to me I turned it on

Hm, nothing seems particularly out of place there. Though since you enabled the use of Contact masks at the bottom you don’t have to define that mask again above that. The conditions aren’t different unless you change the settings in those respective modules (Player or AI settings modules).

18 hours ago, jshock said:

Hm, nothing seems particularly out of place there. Though since you enabled the use of Contact masks at the bottom you don’t have to define that mask again above that. The conditions aren’t different unless you change the settings in those respective modules (Player or AI settings modules).

is everything right there!?

Yes, I turned on the mask from the contact and I use this mask from this DLC!

I have a licensed game and the latest version of your mod!

But then I don’t understand why is my character constantly dying? It turns out as if the mask does not save my character. The game does not see the mask! I would like to hear from you at least some assumptions

From the two screenshots, yes those settings seem fine. And my point was you didn’t have to doubly define the gear if you also chose the “include contact gear” option.

I don’t know why you had to make the point that you have a licensed game...did you not at some point?

My assumption is that there is a setting or something off that you haven’t included in your original post. So the next step is one of two things: you put down the debug module and enable both options there then run the game and send me the RPT or if you aren’t running any mods (aside from mine) you can send me the zipped mission file so I can take a look. A third option I suppose is you can download my mission off the workshop and pull it out so you can open it in the editor and see how I have things setup there too.

It is a process to figuring things out when we aren’t sitting next to each other. Just going BAAAHHHHH this thing isn’t working, whyyyyyy!!! Isn’t very efficient and doesn’t help me, help you and is honestly a little annoying. I get that I don’t have an example or showcase type mission readily available for people to take a peek at but I’ve got over 7500 subs on the workshop who seem to have figured it out in some capacity. In most cases when people are having similar issues to yours it’s a small adjustment and everything is working again. 

And it may well be the case that I accidentally moved something around on my end that messed up, but at the moment I don’t believe that’s the case.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jshock said:

you can send me the zipped mission file so I can take a look

I suppose this is the easiest and fastest way. Thanks.

Here is my test mission, it is minimal and will not take much time for your analysis.

On 5/27/2020 at 5:23 AM, mickeymen said:

I suppose this is the easiest and fastest way. Thanks.

Here is my test mission, it is minimal and will not take much time for your analysis.

It was simple, unrelated to my mod (it happens in the editor), and has been an issue that has been reported before but I can't find a direct fix for it. When you have edited the loadout of a character to include goggles (the mask) and go to preview/play the user's identity overrides what the loadout goggles were with what the user's profile has saved as a preference for their character. There seems to not be a resolution to this still, from my short search.

But what you need to do to work around it is to export the loadouts from arsenal and then apply them either via the unit's init fields or via the init/initPlayerLocal.sqf. Otherwise everything else seems to be working just fine, the reason you kept dying was simply because you didn't have a mask on after spawning in.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jshock said:

It was simple, unrelated to my mod (it happens in the editor), and has been an issue that has been reported before but I can't find a direct fix for it. When you have edited the loadout of a character to include goggles (the mask) and go to preview/play the user's identity overrides what the loadout goggles were with what the user's profile has saved as a preference for their character. There seems to not be a resolution to this still, from my short search.

But what you need to do to work around it is to export the loadouts from arsenal and then apply them either via the unit's init fields or via the init/initPlayerLocal.sqf. Otherwise everything else seems to be working just fine, the reason you kept dying was simply because you didn't have a mask on after spawning in

Yes, you were right, now everything worked!

Thank you, but I think you need to somehow solve this problem. If this not will works better, then the modules will seem semi-functional.

I see a beautiful overlay for some masks .

This is great, but the environment module is not working.

I would like to know if you plan to make it in the near future or you don’t have such an opportunity?

There is a lack of haze of chemical poisoning/fog, and various filters for vision. 

Really lacking

PS: Small Question! The gas masks overlay closes the command menu and ai-subordinate icons, while the radio's subtitles are on top of the overlay.

30664311_s.jpg

This interferes with the command of AI units and also looks weird compared to subtitles.

It is overlaid on top of the interface. In this I do not see the point. it was not possible to impose it under the interface? So how does night vision in a vanilla game?

The indirect solution to the mask override is so far the only thing. I haven’t had the motivation to really dig into the environmental effects, so that’s why it’s disabled, I would like to do it at some point. I can try and look at adjusting the layer the mask overlay is on to free up the command menu, etc.

11 hours ago, jshock said:

I can try and look at adjusting the layer the mask overlay is on to free up the command menu, etc.

Yes, please try to do this. Thanks for your work!

as I understand it, the contamination area can be only circle. Can i use a ellipse-trigger which will be  a my contamination area?

I want to do something like this. With three levels of danger

https://yadi.sk/i/Vow1-qgv5d-kfA

4 hours ago, asys said:

as I understand it, the contamination area can be only circle. Can i use a ellipse-trigger which will be  a my contamination area?

I want to do something like this. With three levels of danger

https://yadi.sk/i/Vow1-qgv5d-kfA

At the moment, it’s just a circle, it’s on my to-do list to incorporate either other marker options, or just allow users to self define.

one more question,  contamination area don't have  height  limit ? 

5 hours ago, asys said:

one more question,  contamination area don't have  height  limit ? 

No there isn’t, I had thought of taking that into consideration years ago and put it on the back burner and had since forgotten about it until now.

Hello again, it seems that something was updated possibly with Arma's MP scripting because it still doesnt work and ive made multiple mission files but for each one the contam areas only effect players and not AI. 

29 minutes ago, Scarlett_The_AI said:

Hello again, it seems that something was updated possibly with Arma's MP scripting because it still doesnt work and ive made multiple mission files but for each one the contam areas only effect players and not AI. 

IDK anymore, it goes back and forth for me in working on players and not working on players...

On 8/6/2020 at 12:08 AM, Scarlett_The_AI said:

IDK anymore, it goes back and forth for me in working on players and not working on players...

Sorry for the super delayed response. That is some extremely weird behavior that I haven't encountered before aside from your situation.

We can start with some screenshots of your general mission setup and all the module settings and see if there's just one setting off or something like that.

Next step, which would be more tedious is to diagnose something from the debug logs if you put down the debug module and enable all the logging setting within it. Then send me your rpt for both a client and the server itself after trying to run the mission (preferably when the mod fails to populate properly for all players).

On 7/19/2020 at 3:05 PM, silentkiller* said:

I wonder if you can find useful pieces from this other mod: https://github.com/assaultboy/ChemicalWarfare that seems to be discontinued?
Like the integration with the medical ACE, more gears, the gas IEDs / shell mortars, the ability to put masks with the ACE interaction to the allies... I dunno

I think I've looked into this mod before and just didn't pursue much further. I know he was still replying to people on the workshop a few months ago, not sure of the status now though. Haven't seen any concrete evidence of complete discontinuation, but again haven't been around much to see either.

Might have been said before.
When using ACE3 you can't revive someone, not even with Zeus.