1 hour ago, lopez0071892 said:

Don't worry, it was only for my personnal purpose. I would not publish it.

Adding a direct link to your personal version on a public forum is publishing it.

1 hour ago, jshock said:

That's not really the point, just be glad I'm one of the guys who could give a sh*t....

Anyways, short answer to directly accessing the contamination integer is no. The only way to "alter" it would be to mess with your area's (cold zone) radius settings. I'm aware that the current detection strength calculation is relatively linear, but I just have to get around to using my brain to think about where to go with it to make it more interesting and that is extremely low priority on my dev list right now.

Nonetheless, I'm happy my mod inspired someone to develop something to their liking, I can't possibly think of everything, that's what this community is all about (IMHO). I thought about making the detector a proper geiger, but then I decided to make the intent of the mod to cover more than just radiation, that's why I went with a digital age style detector.

Thank you for your answer!

Well, I don't know if it's easy to do on the Workshop or if this mod is just that well received:

8xSLJKp.png

Nonetheless, thank you to everyone thus far that has supported this mod, we made the Workshop front page, most popular this week, in a little over 3 days! Make sure to keep the thumbs up coming so we can ensure it will stay there :drinking2:.

• Like 4

Please consider adding your bikey to the next release, otherwise ppl must sign it on their own. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Schwaggot said:

Please consider adding your bikey to the next release, otherwise ppl must sign it on their own. Thanks.

Yes, I'm aware of that thanks to another patron on Steam as well, I will be pushing a key along with it in the next update (I'm shooting for Friday sometime, earlier if things work out nicely, by the end of the weekend if not so nicely). Just slipped my mind when I initially compiled the files for the mod.

Appreciate the post, seems like you made an account just to let me know about this :f:.

Hello jshock!

I just tested your mod and I think the idea is absolutely fabulous and this will add a lot of interesting new gameplay elements! Sadly I did encounter a problem though: My unit is very picky about new mods and while your mod itself is nicely small and compact, the CBRN pack is not and comes with a lot of stuff we don't really need at the moment. The only thing we'd need is a gas mask, and I found a really nice one on SW that would fit perfectly. As stated in your description, your mod is modular and should work with any mask (or facewear item) out there - and functionally, it does! The standalone mask will shield the wearer against the toxins, BUT I can't get the overlay to work. It feels really weird that you can wear a gas mask that doesn't obstruct your view in the slightest and I'd want the players to feel cramped.

I placed down the gas mask module and enabled the overlay for 1st person. I typed in the class name of the mask but still, no overlay. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Mono

@TrueMonolith

It's funny you bring it up, I was also just made aware of this issue with the overlay last night, this issue has already been fixed and will be pushed out in the coming days :yay:.

Thanks for the report though, I'm suprised more ACE users haven't noticed that the time to death handling was screwed up too, they would have gone down immediately entering a zone without gear. I found that issue just messing around on a mission (testing an updated feature).

4 hours ago, jshock said:

@TrueMonolith

It's funny you bring it up, I was also just made aware of this issue with the overlay last night, this issue has already been fixed and will be pushed out in the coming days :yay:.

@Jshock that's awesome, I'm already looking forward to it!

About the ACE mod, I have tested it in various scenarios and interestingly, everytime I tried going into the hot zone with an unshielded character I took quite some time to die. Will test again and update you on this!

9 minutes ago, TrueMonolith said:

About the ACE mod, I have tested it in various scenarios and interestingly, everytime I tried going into the hot zone with an unshielded character I took quite some time to die. Will test again and update you on this!

Yea, I had a function attempt to grab a variable that no longer existed (because I changed something somewhere) and the value defaulted out to -1, which isn't a good value to judge time on, lol. But it should be fixed now nonetheless. I don't know why yours would be working fine....coding at its best.

UPDATE: PUBLIC v0.5.1 is LIVE

7XyFuVj.png

g7HvzFO.jpg

Changelog:

Spoiler

Changelog (PUBLIC v0.5.1):

Additions:
        -Added Bikey (and associated folder)
        -Added Vehicle Settings Module
            -Which will now allow users to input classnames of vehicles, vehicle variable names, and as well as sync the module to any vehicles that will be designated among the "safe vehicles" while in contaminated areas.
        -Added unitInit function to clean up the overall initialization of units
        -Added a logging function that allows for an infinite number of variables and their associated values to be logged to the rpt when in DEBUG mode
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Fixed a logic error in the damage recovery function
        -Fixed an error with the time to death functionality (where a player would die instantaneously when without gear and exposed to an area)
        -Fixed a variable handling error that kept the mask overlay from displaying
        -Changed the name of the damage handle loop from fn_condLoop to fn_damageCondLoop
        -Changed the name of the detector sound loop from fn_inAreaLoop to fn_detectorSoundLoop
    Removals:
        -Removed drop-down option for "Mask Overlay Type" in the Mask Settings Module (was redundant given the class pools)

The OP will be updated in time. And as with any update please let me know if there are any major and immediate issues!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, neetch said:

Thanks for the report. I swear I need to stop coding at 3am....

To fix it temporarily until I push a hotfix, you need to put down a Mask Settings Module and that should solve the issue. I will probably wait a few days to make sure I didn't screw something else up before I push the hotfix.

• Like 1

Awesome work , upgraded now  , to higher  ( contamination )  levels  !

@jshock You are a madman, thanks for updating so quickly! The overlay is working great now, just one remaining question: When you aim down your sights, the overlay disappears. Is that intentional? Also thanks for making the vehicle module a seperate entity!

Regards,

Mono

Do you plan on making it work in Zeus with a module or is it not possible to do such a thing?

Gread mod. Did i miss a link to any documentation or is there none yet? If not, any planned as im fairly new and would love to use this.

I can't seem to get it working, any documentation on how to properly set it up? I can bring up the detector and use it properly to find the contam area as well as see it marked on the map but that's the only stuff working.

• Like 1

Options to drop modules in Zeus would be phenomenal! Rated you thumbs up on Steam Workshop and following you.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I cant get it to work.. The gas masks (any of them) are not protecting me in the area. Even tho its set to mask only.

@TrueMonolith

I've known about the ADS issue since initial release, was kinda waiting for someone to say something. I'll look into it, its the matter of handling the status of the player camera when you do ADS.

@Eogos && @festivalmatt && @BruceALMIGHTYY

Yes, Zeus modules are planned. I suck with GUIs or else they would have been included in the initial release. Just keep an eye out for them. And as far as documentation goes, it's virtually non-existent, I plan on working on that as soon as I can get this thing a bit more stable. But until then you guys are free to send me a PM with a list of what modules you have down, screenshots of those settings, screenshots of the general setup in the editor and your general intent of the mission to see if I can get you going ( @Sill2 that goes for you as well). My apologies on that front.

Thanks all for your support, keep the questions and excitement rollin'!

As a side note, I'm thinking about doing "video documentation", well more of a "how to" usage series on this, since I'm too busy/lazy whatever to really write out documentation. I'll let you know what I decide.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jshock said:

As a side note, I'm thinking about doing "video documentation", well more of a "how to" usage series on this, since I'm too busy/lazy whatever to really write out documentation. I'll let you know what I decide.

@jshock Honestly just a screenshot of what modules need to be placed with what basic settings to get it working in a default kind of state would be enough for now. Anyways, I'll send you some stuff later about what I've tried in order to get it working.

@Eogos I will get working on that and hopefully get something up later tonight, will let you all know.

• Like 1