Sign in to follow this  
phatpuke

Sector Control Notifactions

Afternoon all,

Working on a current project and I have hit a little snag. So I don't need to code a whole function from scratch using markers I decided to use the ingame Sector modules.

The sectors themselves save so the battlefield is constantly persistent, so in the mission file all the sectors are marked as empty and call a script that does the resource (currency) and assigned west/east accordingly. This works perfectly.. however every time the mission is restart (in SP & MP) You'll get a lovely spam of notification "A was captured by x" "B was captured by x" ect ect

I've tried moving this to initserver, isdedicated ect ect,  The client however will always seem to show the notification, anyone know a way to disable these for the sector modules?

I use this lovely little one-liner to neutralize the JIP notification spam

missionNamespace setVariable ['BIS_fnc_showNotification_queue',[],FALSE];

Put that as early in the player init as you can

Although i had to shove this into a expression for each sector, this works nicely. Knew it would be something simple, as there is 0 documentation on BIS_fnc_showNotification_queue :P

7 hours ago, phatpuke said:

Although i had to shove this into a expression for each sector, this works nicely. Knew it would be something simple, as there is 0 documentation on BIS_fnc_showNotification_queue :P

yep no doco, its not an 'official' solution, just looked through the files to see how the notifications were handled and found that variable.