Neddles

6 x 6 Recce/Special Forces ATV

Very nice, love it !

(Small bug ?) I notice that quads are very slow when climbing offroad on Malden.

2 minutes ago, Jack Ost said:

Very nice, love it !

(Small bug ?) I notice that quads are very slow when climbing offroad on Malden.

Sometimes they don’t change down a gear but stopping then moving again will get him in the right gear.

I purposely tuned them down from the vanilla quad as I thought they are way too fast and crazy. I read that fully loaded these atvs can be very heavy and slow so I wanted to simulate that a little. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Neddles said:

Sometimes they don’t change down a gear but stopping then moving again will get him in the right gear.

I purposely tuned them down from the vanilla quad as I thought they are way too fast and crazy. I read that fully loaded these atvs can be very heavy and slow so I wanted to simulate that a little. 

OK thank you for the indications.

i love the detail with the gear being hidden if not in the inventory and the camo net being able to be deployed. 

but the fuel consumption is very high about 5 km and hit red (had ACE on could be a factor aswell) 

also hit a small rock not going to fast and all wheels got damaged probably just ARMA being ARMA but others may experience this too.     

• Like 1

I have seen a few complaints about the fuel use. I was thinking of doing a more in depth test seeing how far I can get across the biggest map after using the tank plus both refuel containers. What would be the biggest map? 

I would drop a marker at the start then use a script command at the end to find total distance. Good idea about using vr. Thanks

14 minutes ago, kilo-bravo said:

virtual reality

15.1 on just the tank

15 km is pretty good isn’t it? What do you think would be a good distance on just the tank?

1 minute ago, Neddles said:

15 km is pretty good isn’t it? What do you think would be a good distance on just the tank?

don't know just testing the vanilla atv  its up to 30km and hasn't even gone under the km/h indicator yet so maybe 100km witch seems a bit high 

maybe try about 30km range for now 

By my measurement, altis is about 30k from most SW part to NE tip. So you could cross the longest part, refuel and get all the way back. I’ll check it out. 

There are 40-60Km maps out there people play on.  I'd up the fuel range to minimum 40Km on a full tank.
An actual 6x6 Polaris that this is based on has an unloaded range of 130 Miles.   That is like 200 Km.

Thanks, good info.. I’m looking into extending the range a bit now, not 200km but.  I’m trying to get a good gameplay balance going. 

• Thanks 1

It's not really a matter of the largest map - it's about overall time available to use. My group's ops are usually about 2-3 hours long; 15 minutes to an empty tank with only two half-tank refills is a bit short.

I'm trying to investigate Combat's hint about using the 3den editor and attachto [BIS_fnc_attachToRelative is easier, actually] to make the custom MRZR with working fuel bladder, pictured below, but it's tough going. So far, I've got the fuel bladder to attach properly to the MRZR, in the correct orientation; now it's just a matter of setting the rest of the composition up correctly.

I want to be absolutely clear: the below pictured vehicle is RealCombat's original concept, built the hard way, with attachTo and debug mode.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Aside from that, are there any plans to buff the tires? They're pretty fragile, and all six seem to pop at the same time. No sense carrying one spare tire, if you tend to lose all six.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Frag The Cullen said:

It's not really a matter of the largest map - it's about overall time available to use. My group's ops are usually about 2-3 hours long; 15 minutes to an empty tank with only two half-tank refills is a bit short.

I'm trying to investigate Combat's hint about using the 3den editor and attachto [BIS_fnc_attachToRelative is easier, actually] to make the custom MRZR with working fuel bladder, pictured below, but it's tough going. So far, I've got the fuel bladder to attach properly to the MRZR, in the correct orientation; now it's just a matter of setting the rest of the composition up correctly.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Aside from that, are there any plans to buff the tires? They're pretty fragile, and all six seem to pop at the same time. No sense carrying one spare tire, if you tend to lose all six.

thats how i have been doing it and its a major pain in the ass getting the items in place   is there another way?

• Like 2

Well it would be nice if they had the real amount of fuel, and let the mission makers set it. I drive various atvs including a 6x, on my farm and they go alot longer than the even what Polaris says, manly due to ,on the farm or just hunting/etc you dont haul ass, you go  slow ,or you will just beat the hell out of your self. well over 150 miles.

now the Razors no, you suck that gas down, ripping on the sand dunes...

10 hours ago, Frag The Cullen said:

All You had to do is ask my crayon eating friend ;)
I've sent You a PM with a link in it. It's an Eden composition of that MRZR.
Happy B-Day Marine :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RealCombat said:

All You had to do is ask my crayon eating friend ;)
I've sent You a PM with a link in it. It's an Eden composition of that MRZR.
Happy B-Day Marine :D

Holy crap! Thank you, I was not expecting that!

Edit: Holy Crap! You did it the hard way!

gTc2yRY.jpg

14 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

thats how i have been doing it and its a major pain in the ass getting the items in place   is there another way?

I made a tutorial from the things I've learned, including a new technique that it seems not many people know about:

A new function you may not be aware of, BIS_fnc_attachToRelative, done like so, demonstrated starting at 4:00 in the above video:

[attachment, car] call BIS_fnc_attachtoRelative;

The object will now be affixed in its precise position and orientation in which you placed it, relative to the vehicle. No need to guess and check coding!

• Like 5

Just a small update to address some issues users commented on. 

- Added 2 new LONG RANGE versions that have Double fuel capacity:
              NDS_6x6_ATV_MIL_LR
              NDS_6x6_ATV_MIL2_LR

- Fixed refilling of empty fuel containers when using ACE addon .
- Strengthened tires for frontal impact.

• Like 8

On 11/2/2017 at 10:12 PM, ineptaphid said:

@synddd No need to apologise-you did nothing wrong. There is nothing in our rules about requests-people can make requests whenever they like. However it is usually suggested to read back a few posts to see if your question has been asked.

Back on topic, I have been doing a little testing with these vehicles, and wow we are in for a treat! They have so many features that most vehicle don't have. They have deployable camo netting, a usable commando mortar-also usable by AI. You can drive seated or standing, and you can stand up and fire your own weapon from the drivers position!

They also have a refueling system, and their storage area visually changes depending what is put in it. If you put a launcher, radio, designator etc in the inventory, it will be represented on the model.

Lastly-a neat feature, when placed into a cargo vehicle such as a c-130 or Chinook, straps will appear to show that it is securely strapped down. An awesome detail!

Couple of pics of the vehicle

6ve3nhz.png

6iW8PTC.png

Showing the cargo area

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

Firing position
unknown.png
Tie down Straps

FpfoWBx.png

HI there may i know how you load this 6x6 into the Helo and secured it? i've tried alot of times placing it behind an opened ramp (RHS helo) and there is no user action menu for me to choose to load this 6x6 as cargo :O

18 minutes ago, Neddles said:

Good question. Any RHS users that can help?

What helo you loaded in with? maybe i can try the helo and planes u did :)

Updated
I've tried with vanilla van and its working. As for RHS helo and c-130 it's NOT working sadly :(  i wish i can use this for RHS mod

What if the guy can stand backwards and crutch down and operate a Mark-19 or similar? What if he had a 2-man crew ,that can both drive and shoot at an arc of 180*?

And can stow a uav+bag for it?

The helo is the CH-53E from RHS, RHS their loading system works as follows: you drive the vehicle into the heli or plane, you get out, close the ramp and take off.

• Like 1