Neddles

6 x 6 Recce/Special Forces ATV

1 hour ago, ineptaphid said:

I could imagine it. Get on a ride-on lawn mower and drive around the garden shouting "Bang! Bang! Bang!" 

Wait, do you mean to tell me that's not common practice?

• Like 2

Just now, wsxcgy said:

Wait, do you mean to tell me that's not common practice?

It is for me :)

• Like 2

How is this coming along? My community is indeed very interested in implementing this. We could also do some bug-testing and feedback if needed :D 

Yes, I can t wait to use something like this on virtual battlefield.

sf-atv-mk47-hr.jpg

Any chance of having a variant with a m240 (or other statics) mounted on the back?
I'm sure it's easy to attachTo to get a static on the back, but the animations would be weird because the gunner is seated for a low-mount static, where he should be standing to the side if it were mounted on a vehicle. Would be much better it you could do it as a variant or the vehicle.

Love your work, the amount of effort that you have put in really shows!

Example:

Image result for 6x6 m240

Image result for polaris 6x6 m240

• Like 1

7 hours ago, synddd said:

Any chance of having a variant with a m240 (or other statics) mounted on the back?
I'm sure it's easy to attachTo to get a static on the back, but the animations would be weird because the gunner is seated for a low-mount static, where he should be standing to the side if it were mounted on a vehicle. Would be much better it you could do it as a variant or the vehicle.

Love your work, the amount of effort that you have put in really shows!

Example:

Oh look its this post again.....

Generally requests are frowned upon on these forums, and if you bothered to read the rest of this thread this has already been requested several times

• Like 2

On 10/2/2017 at 7:52 PM, TheLimbo365 said:

Oh look its this post again.....

Generally requests are frowned upon on these forums, and if you bothered to read the rest of this thread this has already been requested several times

@synddd No need to apologise-you did nothing wrong. There is nothing in our rules about requests-people can make requests whenever they like. However it is usually suggested to read back a few posts to see if your question has been asked.

Back on topic, I have been doing a little testing with these vehicles, and wow we are in for a treat! They have so many features that most vehicle don't have. They have deployable camo netting, a usable commando mortar-also usable by AI. You can drive seated or standing, and you can stand up and fire your own weapon from the drivers position!

They also have a refueling system, and their storage area visually changes depending what is put in it. If you put a launcher, radio, designator etc in the inventory, it will be represented on the model.

Lastly-a neat feature, when placed into a cargo vehicle such as a c-130 or Chinook, straps will appear to show that it is securely strapped down. An awesome detail!

Couple of pics of the vehicle

6ve3nhz.png

6iW8PTC.png

Showing the cargo area

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

Firing position
unknown.png
Tie down Straps

FpfoWBx.png

• Like 22

Where do I sign up to be a Moderator....:whistle:

• Like 1

Just now, Evil Organ said:

Where do I sign up to be a Moderator....:whistle:

Nothing to do with being a moderator-we dont' get to test mods :f:  I just happened to be asked if I wanted to try it by someone connected to the mod.

• Like 3

Just now, ineptaphid said:

Nothing to do with being a moderator-we dont' get to test mods :f:  I just happened to be asked if I wanted to try it by someone connected to the mod.

Of course man, just a little light humour...now back on topic or we'll get reported. :sigh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Glad to see this mod is still being worked on, I was starting to get a bit worried when there weren’t any updates for a number of weeks. 

Hopefully we get get a chance to see this publicly soon! 

• Like 3

Any idea what the size of the PBOs for the mod might look like when we get a first release?

It already supports towing. 

Ddzqypj.jpg

Ta-Da!

uaSuqus.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A big shout out to all the guys who've been testing these and providing some really good constructive feedback. A lot of stuff has been tweaked thanks to their efforts.

Point form:

- Shouldn't take too much longer, just doing some final things and putting together a bit of a user manual to include with the mod.

- Pbo sizes are 67MB for the ATV and 6MB for the mortar.

- although I don't know any "towing" scripts there are specific memory points at the front and rear in case someone invents something later (mem_winch, mem_towball). For the same reason, you can script the winch hook to disappear if you attach a rope there (ie. you are winching). 

- There is DEFINATELY no mounted weapons on this version. Maybe I'll look into the 4 wheel version but my hands have been full with the features of this one. 

-Feel free to ask anything but remember it shouldn't be too much longer to wait.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@synddd No need to apologise-you did nothing wrong. There is nothing in our rules about requests-people can make requests whenever they like. However it is usually suggested to read back a few posts to see if your question has been asked.

cough cough... RHS forum....cough cough...

:D

Nice work needles

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Can that netting be having the Thermals set to off?  That would increse what we can do with this,and some future stretcher-version.What would really help would be down-facing lights-like BF3C ,British Forces Mod .thank you.

Down facing lights, I’ll have to have a look into that. As for the camnet, it’s just a regular camnet so you can see IR through the “holes” in it. 

• Like 1

is there sometihng like this planned to do ? ..it would be awesome having the good Czech SOG modified ATVs.

PEI3902fc_10_kveten08.JPG

• Like 1

There is the 4 wheel version planned next. But functionality will be basically the same. I was thinking visually of having the large roll bar over the front like the US versions. 

• Like 5

Looking schmick.

My only comment would be, after you've finished and released the first version, maybe go back and touch up the textures? The base colours are alright but, I think in arma everything looks better when it's dirty, especially when you look at that Czech photo above and maybe some more detail in the normal maps like panel joins, screws, etc. Substance painter is a really great tool for that sort of work if you can get your hands on a licence (If you're a student they offer a free licence! https://www.allegorithmic.com/education). 

Either way, still eagerly waiting for some 6x6 fun!

41 minutes ago, Neddles said:

Ok guys, finally pulled the trigger and uploaded this as my first mod!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1190934425

Thank you to everyone who helped out with advice, testing, ideas and encouragement.

Hope everyone gets some enjoyment from these.

Congrats Neddles! They really are awesome-the fact you added all the functions shows this mods is more than just a vehicle!

As the above comment said, some dirt on them would be good. Maybe like RHS did with their SOF buggy thing-where you can select whether you want it sprayed with mud etc.

• Like 2