Neddles

6 x 6 Recce/Special Forces ATV

3 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Using attach to vanilla ATV.

Seems clever.

Good job,mate.

Pretty sure that is not the vanilla Grizzly.

Look closer =)

Amazing ideas, love the standing and FFV

My unit is really looking forward to this. Any chance you could make the Medkit model work with ACE Bandages/ACE Medical Items?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1LT J. Shaw said:

My unit is really looking forward to this. Any chance you could make the Medkit model work with ACE Bandages/ACE Medical Items?

If its a vehicle that option should be availible in Eden editor for Ace vehicle I think scroll to the Bottom of the vehicle Init..and if you use ACE I think the Medkits and FAKs are all turned into ACE Bandages too if I remember correctly.

Diesel

1 hour ago, DieselJC said:

If its a vehicle that option should be availible in Eden editor for Ace vehicle I think scroll to the Bottom of the vehicle Init..and if you use ACE I think the Medkits and FAKs are all turned into ACE Bandages too if I remember correctly.

Diesel

I'm talking about this specifically: " Medkit, Toolkit, Rifle and laser designator are displayed as cargo if they are in the inventory and hidden if they're removed."

If ACE Bandages/etc are in the vehicle inventory, will the Medkit show up? Same goes for the Designator if theres a Vector 21?

• Like 1

Just back from a months vacation (where I didn't think once about this mod!) Back now so I'll start back into it shortly.

To answer the inventory question:

There's a script that runs when you close the vehicles inventory. It scans through and looks for certain class names and then hides/unhides a proxy model accordingly.

As the laser designator proxy model is the vanilla one then that's what you'll see regardless of what type is in the inventory.

The reason for using this proxy method is that using "attachto" is messed up in first person view as most of you know.

As for the medkit / ACE thing I'll have to look into it. At the moment the script is only looking for the vanilla medkit classname. Maybe ACE automatically fills it with ACE items, not sure.

That's it for the moment, just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to the lack of any updates of late.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, 1LT J. Shaw said:

I'm talking about this specifically: " Medkit, Toolkit, Rifle and laser designator are displayed as cargo if they are in the inventory and hidden if they're removed."

If ACE Bandages/etc are in the vehicle inventory, will the Medkit show up? Same goes for the Designator if theres a Vector 21?

The physical Medkit will show but it wont do anything with ACE Medical on..the FAKS get turned into Bandages with ACE..Not sure about the Vector..I think the physical piece will be their but I think ACE adds its on in too. That I am not sure on.

Diesel

Well, with ACE if a Medical Kit is inside a vehicle upon spawn it will stay as that item- only when the kit is taken from the vehicle and added to the PLAYER inventory does it automatically turn into ACE medical supplies. 

- What that means is you could have a version of the Quad that has the medical gear spawned inside it (and showing on model) and it would work for both ACE and non-ACE medical gear until it is removed from the vehicles inventory by a player. 

On 8/8/2017 at 9:45 AM, Neddles said:

Just back from a months vacation (where I didn't think once about this mod!) Back now so I'll start back into it shortly.

To answer the inventory question:

There's a script that runs when you close the vehicles inventory. It scans through and looks for certain class names and then hides/unhides a proxy model accordingly.

As the laser designator proxy model is the vanilla one then that's what you'll see regardless of what type is in the inventory.

The reason for using this proxy method is that using "attachto" is messed up in first person view as most of you know.

As for the medkit / ACE thing I'll have to look into it. At the moment the script is only looking for the vanilla medkit classname. Maybe ACE automatically fills it with ACE items, not sure.

That's it for the moment, just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to the lack of any updates of late.

Could you not just add the Classnames for the Bandages and stuff, I'm sure its just a Config line. Yes the Vanilla Medkit will give you ACE Medical gear, but to use the FAK or Medkit instead of just loading the bandages you'd like is barbaric.

You can load as many bandages individually as you like. They just won't be in the visual model, just like all the other vehicles. 

• Like 1

I dunno if you have played with Dev branch since the release of the LoW Beta but they have set up Quad bikes for vehicle in vehicle in the new Vans

Would this be something you think you would mirror?

15 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

I dunno if you have played with Dev branch since the release of the LoW Beta but they have set up Quad bikes for vehicle in vehicle in the new Vans

Would this be something you think you would mirror?

I'm not on dev branch but when the dlc is released I'll look into it. If it's the same vehicle in vehicle definition as we have now then that's good as I've already defined it. There's pics in a previous post of them loaded in a chinook. 

• Like 2

Been a bit side tracked adding a 60mm Mortar to the setup. I thought it might be a pretty good light weapon to carry on the ATV.

PnaQsw9.jpg

NPA2MKT.jpg

Spoiler

Nms0me1.jpg

Spoiler

G8bkubz.jpg

Spoiler

trESWiH.jpg

Spoiler

q0X1grJ.jpg

5uO386T.jpg

It's difficult to aim and it only uses a bubble in the sight for range (like a carpenters level) but it's pretty good fun. I made the appropriate ammo so the range markings are pretty accurate. (charge 0 on the left and charge 1 on the right).  Ammo is HE charge 1 and 0, WP charge 1 and illum charge 1.

From the last pic you can see that it will still work (the bubble sight) even when sighted uphill, or on any sloping ground.

I'm still unsure whether I'll put it on the front of the ATV exposed like that or maybe some sort of cover.

• Like 17

Realy realy nice work you have done here Neddles !!!

I would like to see a cover for the sight and two straps for fixating the Mortar.

I changed it around so the mortar is in a bag and the baseplate is stored in the back (you can see in the upper left of picture). Model is removed if you take the mortar from the ATV's inventory (second pic). I'm liking this way better than the previous pics without the bag.

3lx5sNV.jpg

t6oiPev.jpg

• Like 8

Very nice work, would this be possible with launchers as well, for instance a Javelin tube from 3CB (when placed in the inventory), just like you did with the gun holder.

For sure. I already had that set up for a launcher stored in the back. I removed it as it didn't really fit. Easy to add back in if people want it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Neddles said:

For sure. I already had that set up for a launcher stored in the back. I removed it as it didn't really fit. Easy to add back in if people want it. 

I personally would love that, ofcourse not sure about other people :)

• Like 2

On 02/09/2017 at 3:02 PM, Neddles said:

Launchers would be awesome! Maybe perhaps a Sniper rifle strapped to the front (Like, MOH Tier 1, 2010)

Keep up the good work :)

• Like 1

They look great!  Any plans to arm any of them?  Routinely SF teams are known to weld and attach 240's, Mk-19's, ect to them.

• Like 3

On 9/4/2017 at 2:13 PM, MANTIA said:

They look great!  Any plans to arm any of them?  Routinely SF teams are known to weld and attach 240's, Mk-19's, ect to them.

When I read this I was intrigued and had to google.  Could you imagine riding around in this:

346204291645f7d653d91e45c23fe028.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, islesfan186 said:

Could you imagine riding around in this:

I could imagine it. Get on a ride-on lawn mower and drive around the garden shouting "Bang! Bang! Bang!" 

• Like 5