Graaicko

New Rangefinding system

Hi, This a minor rant about the new rangefinding system. I'll be bold, I do not like it and it should not exist. I love being a sniper in wasteland, it is very fun,  you just aim at your target read the distance. I off and on play arma for about a month then comeback. But this time I found out they changed it to where you push a button... That I imediately cringed. The automatic rangefinder was easy and more convenient. The game is based in the future, why not have automatic rangefinders. Why change something that was working thoughout A2 and A3? By default the button was binded to \ which is the salute button. This makes no sense. Why add another key command to the LARGE list of binded keys even to where they start overlapping? I hate the new rangefinding system. BIS, please revert the old rangefinding system back. It was just better in everyway. If not, atleast make it a option so the player can choose.

Edited by BohemiaBeck
changed font color to normal

Sorry, the old system was lousy and is not coming back. The readout is much more stable that way (useful when ranging distant object) and is actually realistic. A rangefinding laser is surprisingly strong (it has to be, in order to give a return at 2km+), and thus running it constantly would overheat it in short order, not to mention discharge the batteries. My advice is: get used to it, that's how it works in reality.

Also, ranging should be bound to "T" key. I have no idea why would it end up at "\", but if you remapped your keys, you should know how to fix it.

• Like 6

What is the function referring to "T" please?

It's more easy to give the function than the letter as people may have changed the binding.

Save so much fps , finally

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, wiki said:

What is the function referring to "T" please?

It's more easy to give the function than the letter as people may have changed the binding.

I believe it is under Common (or wherever the target lock stuff is) and is called "Lase Target".

• Like 1

"Lase Range" can be found in Weapons category in controls.

As for manual RF reasoning - here's a few notes about that.

• Like 3