Sign in to follow this  
DaveP

Hidden selections on uniforms

I'm currently in the process of making some new uniform addons and have a bit of a conundrum: My model has a couple different variations to do with different forms of scarf or shirt or jumper and so on, all different meshes that I'd want to turn on or off. Would I be able to do this using hidden selections or do I have to make separate p3d variations for each.. variation? I can see lots written on hidden selections for vehicles, and on using hidden selections for retexturing, but not to show/hide components on uniforms, webbing or headgear.

My thoughts are that either:
A) You're able to turn off and on hidden selections for uniforms, vests, headgear and so on, so I just model them all and define as hidden selections that can be turned on/off in config, or

B) You're not able to, but I can use setObjectTexture to set the ones I want to hide to be transparent. Presumably there's a slight polycount overhead in doing this.

C) you have to make separate p3d for each variation

you can't do as much with hidden selections on uniforms as you can on vehicles and objects

Yes, using hidden selections would work to a degree, but the shadow LODS would pose a massive problem, so it's best to create separate p3ds

Stick with separate uniform p3d's. Use hiddenselections to change various camos, colors, etc. It will save you lots of headache trust me. Try having 88 variations of opscore helmets! Haha

• Like 2