On 28/04/2018 at 2:33 PM, Zakuak said:

Did I catch/read properly, is EOs' Sullen Skies included/integrated in the mod?  If so, my sky is not that ominous dark brooding cloud layer like I get with Sullen skies on Altis, Stratis, Malden... I must admit I've been away for several months and maybe over looking something, do I need to set the overcast slider above a specific value?

On 30/04/2018 at 2:49 PM, yukihito23 said:

Think sullen skies pbo is in the optional folder since we had alot of people mentionabout being too dark when loaded by default.

I think the optional Sullen Skies pbo was dropped a few updates ago.

• Like 1

Yeah it's no longer in the optional folder. 

I pushed the overcast way up and killed the rain for a few hours but damn that maps dark when you up the cloud cover hah.  And that is not a complaint AT ALL, I love the fact the map isn't washed out looking, the deep contrast is wicked IMO.

Was chasing zombies around the map all weekend and it continues to impress, never experienced an Arma map with this level of detail before, amazing!

A combo of Ravage, Z&D, VSM, SMA and TPW goes a long way on this map, pretty sure I'll be busy for months here lol.

0_o seems I was logged into my other account for that other post... or is this my old one...bah no matter, =)

• Like 1

Balota Airfield is missing concrete/asphalt around the ATC, Big hanger, and the office building. 

Well, I have refrained from posting my thoughts for a long time because I don't want to be taken the wrong way. I have a project I want to work on and this terrain is just to good to pass by. After a few years of tinkering with various aspects such as learning to terrain build, mission making, or object creating, I have come to realize just what an enormous amount of work it takes to succeed at something. That said, I was concerned that my opinions might be taken in a negative tone or that I might seem to not appreciate what modders have done for us. So here goes...

I want to port an existing mission which requires AI to be able to navigate the road system. I read through some of the posts because I thought I had spotted a post or two from others about the density of destroyed vehicles strewn along the roads.

Here is my suggestion.

Select all of the destroyed vehicles (objects) on the roads and streets and create a composition. Then pack it as a PBO and include it as an "extra" in your project. That way if users want to have them in your terrain all they have to do is add it to their mod list, while those that think the objects might be in the way, we can do without. Vehicles that have been flung onto the sidewalks and front yards should still be ok.

Other thoughts.

(fps) As I flew around in the Editor I saw many many instances where, imho, objects could be removed and still heartily maintain the vision you are after. Obviously I can't read your mind and know what you are thinking. For example, if you have three shipping containers in a freight yard, remove one. Remove one tree or bush from every yard. I dare say, 20% of objects could be removed and you would still have a terrific looking city. Speaking of fps, I would venture to say that the only problem areas the two largest cities. The last update was really a big improvement!

Once again, I just want to reach out because I think this Terrain deserves as much game play as possible.

Cheers!

• Like 1

*crawls out from under rock*

Chernarus Redux v0.79 has been released.

Changelogs can be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/1128256978

ScottyZ: balota airfield should be fixed with this update using the correct concrete mask

Jack Ost: can not repro the problem you are seeing. Please join our discord for further repro info.

Pvt Parts: input has been noted. Also we continue to rework on previously inplemented zones to try to optimize and remove some of the wrecks blocking roads.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

A little sneak at things to come. We are still very much alive and kicking.

eM21vdR.png?width=720&height=405

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, wetnreckless said:

A little sneak at things to come. We are still very much alive and kicking. 

It Looks really nice !!!  :thumb:

... Will there be any new mission coming up ?

2 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

It Looks really nice !!!  :thumb:

... Will there be any new mission coming up ?

There are talks of an official mission for the map, but right now we are working on finishing up all that needs to be done on the map. 

• Like 1

You are doing and have done so far a great and unique work Guys !

Congratulations again and we will definitely be waiting for !  :thumbs-up:

On 11/21/2018 at 11:28 PM, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Ask for permission

Nice CHICKENLICKEN !

• Like 1

Hadn't previously checked this out as I'd assumed it was just Chernarus with a whole lot of extra frame-killing assets scattered around it. There's a degree of truth to that assumption (it's an FPS killer) but the changes are so much more than superficial and really artfully done. Chernarus has never looked so good - well done. Now give me some frames back!

• Like 1

The Fps in ArmA is unfortunatelly almost everyone , still number 1 issue !

But with the current map ,

as for other project as well , it think the balance of , - it's ok to loose some FPS , because it really worth it ! - ,

it suites also in this great work !

• Except , if there is LITE version in mind !

2 minutes ago, chernaruski said:

Just another day on ChernarusRedux 😉 

This first pic chernaruski . . .

is really unique !!!!!  🙉🙊🙈:dummy::hang:😄

37 minutes ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

HI! Anybody know where the underground cavern is?

Tronicka Caves ? Its in bottom left corner of the map , down the sea shore, just right to the Kamenka river.

2 hours ago, chernaruski said:

Tronicka Caves ? Its in bottom left corner of the map , down the sea shore, just right to the Kamenka river.

Cheers I found it 

ps : tronicka? What a shameless plug 

On 2/18/2019 at 2:19 PM, chernaruski said:

Horror mod? Nope. Just another day on ChernarusRedux 😉 

Looks like a horror mod model with the impaled axe . Or another model?