6 hours ago, AxiosODST said:

Already useing apex assests :/

Oh right well maybe add DLC tag in the workshop? Just because I can imagine people bitching to server admins about being shot through objects by non-dlc owners.

15 minutes ago, RangeCreed said:

Oh right well maybe add DLC tag in the workshop? Just because I can imagine people bitching to server admins about being shot through objects by non-dlc owners.

BI recently made all of Apex/Tanoas map assets available for everyone. Thus custom maps can use Tanoa objects without the need for having the DLC. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

BI recently made all of Apex/Tanoas map assets available for everyone. Thus custom maps can use Tanoa objects without the need for having the DLC. 

Oh thats actually amazing. Thanks for the info.. can actually go back to what I was doing :p

Got to thank you guys and congratulate you on an excellent mod addition to ARMA. Just finished moving my production Epoch Chernarus server to Chernarus Redux today (with lots of infected)... Big fan!

One request I would have would be not to add anything in the old DayZ Stary, Klen and Bash trader camp zones (just directly in them, not in general in Stary obviously), so that people in ARMA 3 can continue to use them without having to add deletion logic to their mission files. 

Really liking this map, good framerate, textures, etc.  good job.

I've ported this to Pilgrimage mod and have two comments.

Is it set in the skybox to be always cloudy and gloomy? If so, possible for users to be able to have full sun sometimes? At 64 years old it's a bit hard for me to see sometimes. :dontgetit:

It's YOUR conversion so you have every right to make it as you like my only comment is for Pilgrimage the unmovable wrecks on roads cause AI not to be able to drive so they can garrison on the players.

If you change nothing I understand, just my $.02. Looking forward to the final version.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Really liking this map, good framerate, textures, etc.  good job.

Is it set in the skybox to be always cloudy and gloomy? If so, possible for users to be able to have full sun sometimes? At 64 years old it's a bit hard for me to see sometimes. :dontgetit:

It's YOUR conversion so you have every right to make it as you like my only comment is for Pilgrimage the unmovable wrecks on roads cause AI not to be able to drive so they can garrison on the players.

If you change nothing I understand, just my $.02. Looking forward to the final version.

That's pretty much the feedback I'm getting from the players on my Epoch server running Chernarus Redux, namely:

(1) "Holy cow, this is a really good map!"

(2) "Any chance you can make it a bit less foggy?"

(3) "It gets pretty dark on here doesn't it"

I use a dynamic weather system on Epoch and when I was on earlier it was raining heavily. Thing is that at 2pm game time it was a dark as night... while I have a day/night cycle on the server (as do many others) a lot of players leave the server when it gets dark... Seems like any overcast setting over 40% cuts the light to almost nothing.

Again though, absolutely great job so far folks! Really good map!

• Like 3

@AxiosODST and CHR team....

If you want to revert back to a vanilla SimulWeather class, I could always do a standalone version of Sullen Skies for Chernarus Redux.

....a possible solution that makes everyone happy?

• Like 5

Since i'm thinking of it, just curious, has ambient rabbits been disabled on the map? If so, I can sort of understand why. No big deal. It's just Chernarus Redux is the perfect map for Ravage ops, and hunting, killing and eating these little guys is one of the core survival elements.

If it's disabled (maybe I just haven't seen any?), would it be a big point of contention amongst the Redux team to add them back in in the map configs?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@AxiosODST and CHR team....

If you want to revert back to a vanilla SimulWeather class, I could always do a standalone version of Sullen Skies for Chernarus Redux.

....a possible solution that makes everyone happy?

We are going to be adding the SimulWeather as a seperate optional Pbo withing the project. 

17 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Since i'm thinking of it, just curious, has ambient rabbits been disabled on the map? If so, I can sort of understand why. No big deal. It's just Chernarus Redux is the perfect map for Ravage ops, and hunting, killing and eating these little guys is one of the core survival elements.

If it's disabled (maybe I just haven't seen any?), would it be a big point of contention amongst the Redux team to add them back in in the map configs?

We are still trying to get the perfect balance of ambient animals on the map. With the addition of our rats.

• Like 7

Incredibly awesome map, I have trouble getting wood from trees though. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

3 minutes ago, BigDad said:

Incredibly awesome map, I have trouble getting wood from trees though. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

The fix is coming in the next update as our custom trees didn't have class names which is needed for most scripts 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigDad said:

I have trouble getting wood from trees though. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, but... :D If you're not arbosexual, don't try to force it :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Some that I found. Other ones aren't as noticeable. I have made more than a dozen map edits, for towns, bridges and Military posts. Will remove mine when updates come out.

Objects floating

MILITARY BASE @142012
TREES
[14159.5,13937.2,0.00238037] 

[14177,13945.2,0.00063324]

[14181.9,13981.7,0.00125885]

[14144.4,14031.7,0.00173187]

HEDGEHOGS
[14162.8,14041.3,0.001297]

HESCOS
[14202.6,14061.1,0.0012207]

Land_Mil_Barracks_i    MOUND OF DIRT RISING THROUGH

[14182.2,14118.4,0.00221252]
[14202.2,14073.6,0.00144958]
FOLDING TABLES A ND CHAIRS

[14202.8,14093.7,0.00164795]

Don't know if meant to be a rock here

[8651.22,2602.37,0.00143909]

RAILROAD TUNNEL  ROCK THROUGH TUNNEL CEILING

Will prevent ATS train passing through

I can't figure how to post the pictures

25 minutes ago, BigDad said:

Some that I found. Other ones aren't as noticeable. I have made more than a dozen map edits, for towns, bridges and Military posts. Will remove mine when updates come out.

Objects floating

MILITARY BASE @142012
TREES
[14159.5,13937.2,0.00238037] 

[14177,13945.2,0.00063324]

[14181.9,13981.7,0.00125885]

[14144.4,14031.7,0.00173187]

HEDGEHOGS
[14162.8,14041.3,0.001297]

HESCOS
[14202.6,14061.1,0.0012207]

Land_Mil_Barracks_i    MOUND OF DIRT RISING THROUGH

[14182.2,14118.4,0.00221252]
[14202.2,14073.6,0.00144958]
FOLDING TABLES A ND CHAIRS

[14202.8,14093.7,0.00164795]

Don't know if meant to be a rock here

[8651.22,2602.37,0.00143909]

RAILROAD TUNNEL  ROCK THROUGH TUNNEL CEILING

Will prevent ATS train passing through

I can't figure how to post the pictures

Thank you for reporting, these two locations and the bugs I've already have logged on our defect tracker, they shall most likely be fixed next bug fix fest release.

another $0.02

Overkill on the destroyed vehicles. Especially if you want your improved terrain work to be used by mission makers. I think these would be hurdles that would continuosly have to be overcome. The vegetation clutter might also be just a tad overdone. Maybe not,...still on the fence because it looks so great, like the place has been deserted for a couple of years. This one is in my my top 3!

Suggestion: place a combination of tall grasses, fences and bushes along the railroad tracks.

9 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

another $0.02

Overkill on the destroyed vehicles. Especially if you want your improved terrain work to be used by mission makers. I think these would be hurdles that would continuosly have to be overcome. The vegetation clutter might also be just a tad overdone. Maybe not,...still on the fence because it looks so great, like the place has been deserted for a couple of years. This one is in my my top 3!

Suggestion: place a combination of tall grasses, fences and bushes along the railroad tracks.

BI was nice, they added modules for mission makers to remove objects from terrains. No longer have to do it via init, can do it from the new modules.

• Like 3

Great looking map :) my group will probably use it for some campaigns later on, I hope it gets Alive-support.

The only downside I can see is that the lighting/weather is a bit too dark and cloudy even if you try to set the weather to no clouds, but maybe that's already been mentioned.

2 hours ago, mcnools said:

Great looking map :) my group will probably use it for some campaigns later on, I hope it gets Alive-support.

Once the building placement is final, I will index the map for ALiVE. Though someone may need to PM me when that’s the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Once the building placement is final, I will index the map for ALiVE. Though someone may need to PM me when that’s the case.

Nice! Looking forward to bringing my group to this terrain when it's done. Looking forward to seeing those tunnels too, very promising!

I just keep finding more survivor campsites. So much fun and eye candy. And YEA! the updates haven't affected the dozen or so map edits I have on the server. I can't find anything for removing lighting in specific area to make the tunnels dark even during day. Forums only talk about ADD lighting. Will there be an addition to map in the  area north NW airfield? A2 servers had a trader there.Got the loot spawning and farming wood from trees now. Yea!!

My players and I aren't hearing ambient sounds. May be on this end. Flies buzzing and wind in parachuting works. Just no bird or weather sounds,

30 minutes ago, BigDad said:

My players and I aren't hearing ambient sounds. May be on this end. Flies buzzing and wind in parachuting works. Just no bird or weather sounds,

that's being looked upon atm