24 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

You’re gonna post that somewhere at some point, right? Gimme gimme :)

lol... of course... shouldnt be long... if I can't MP test it shortly I'll just release it as a test demo. I don't want to sit on it too long.

Cherno R is perfect for it...  

yZuoVzu.jpg

• Like 4

Hi don't know if its been reported but I was playing on a custom Ravage mission that I made on Chernarus Redux and we were having some serious frame issues. I went into the mission and seriously reduced the amount of AI and everything to the point that barely anything was going on. We were playing on a dedicated server with this mission. I think after this last update on the 16th it may be causing frame rate issues. We were playing about a week ago with the same mission and had close to 12 people on server and it ran beautifully, until last night. We got about 10 minutes of smooth play before everyone went from running 30+ FPS down to like 10 or so. Just checking to see if there was a fix for this?

happens, developing a huge project like this requires a lot of work and effort. I’m sure everyone who is playing the map still appreciates it, floating trees and all. They will be fixed tho so no worries. Hope you enjoy the update!

• Like 5

The problem on this map is the fps.
Many objects are placed in the ground and i cant see it.We are cant see the objects but the cpu/graphics card and co. render it anyway . Towers of Tanoa in the Train station (subway) and so many vegetation are the problem. i have 120fps in chernarus vanilla and 20 - 35 in Redux. The polygons of vegetation is a really bit hard.

Just now, MarshmallowLike said:

The problem on this map is the fps.
Many objects are placed in the ground and i cant see it.We are cant see the objects but the cpu/graphics card and co. render it anyway . Towers of Tanoa in the Train station (subway) and so many vegetation are the problem. i have 120fps in chernarus vanilla and 20 - 35 in Redux. The polygons of vegetation is a really bit hard.

We figured out several objects that are causing the FPS issues, The next update will add these optimisations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Howdy all,

Love the work you guys did on the new areas..

I did a lighting and clutter fix for the New Haven map from Breaking point recently and I noticed it had the same clutter pop issue that esseker had and Cherno Redux had.

I played around with the Clutter on New Haven and these are the values I came up with that seemed to drastically reduce popup and kept fps decent.

The other thing I noticed was there was clutter under the high grid value areas on New Haven that wasnt even able to be seen so that was costing fps for little gain... with the reduced clutter grid you could see these and it helped with contrast in the grass etc although I noticed the short green stuff (not sure which p3d) had its own pop up issue even with the fixed values... In any case, not entirely relevant to CHR but thought I would mention it while you guys were working on it...

I made a little config for Cherno Redux just to try it out and inherit from the main mod and it seemed to work ok for ChernoR too

Cheers

new values for new haven

Spoiler

clutterGrid = 1.3;  //0.6 default // 0.5
        clutterDist = 90;   //110 default // 125
        noDetailDist = 90;   //65 default // 79
        fullDetailDist = 10;  //10 default // 10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have made a Static Mission on the Altar Underground complex. I have the Ai running around on the floor of the map not above ground. How can I place them by world coords to spawn above ground? I have gotten all the world coords from Infistar GETPOS. The number are the same ATL or ASL. I have a Island mission on Skalisky and works fine. Please and Thank you for some help

Not sure if you adjusted the lightning or the grass textures of any of that... but the map has a completely different feel to it.

Yes we kind of went away from the green lush grass type for better match with the maps overall season/biome theme

• Like 1

It's a bit of a shame, I preferred the clutter tweaks haleks submitted, for me this new grass/plant mix marks the dreaded return of some eye-watering clutter pop-in. 

The rest of the patch is pretty amazing, you guys have really transformed a lot of the inland villages and towns. The environmental soundscape is also very impressive. Great work guys!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

It's a bit of a shame, I preferred the clutter tweaks haleks submitted, for me this new grass/plant mix marks the dreaded return of some eye-watering clutter pop-in. 

I have to say I agree. Not that it’s an aesthetically a bad choice, just that BI’s Apex lighting clutter LOD pop-in bug is a special kind of issue that tops my list of biggest complaints with Arma in general. The last version of Chernarus Redux was nearly perfect in this regard.

I read on dev branch discussions that BI was working on minimizing this wherever possible. Is there a chance maybe this fixes itself when Tanks releases (please don’t say this fix is already in stable. I haven’t been following too closely)?

I just fired up Redux after quite a few months and I have to say that this latest update is, considering it's still WIP, absolutely astonishing. I can't believe the amount of hard work and attention to detail that has gone into fleshing out such an immersive postapocalyptic world. The eerie reworked towns, the  beautiful new trees/bushes and clutter vegetation, the multitude of detailed assets, wrecks (love the windscreen glass on the road) and rubbish, the trashed and/or ivy covered buildings, the potholed and cracked roads, the different water shaders, the lighting and great sound configs, I could go on and on. Apart from a few misplaced objects and some floating trees, my main concern is the catastrophic frame rate hit around Chernogorsk (although given the amount of detail and new object, it's not surprising). I appreciate the effort of anyone who goes to the trouble to make a new map, but very very few manage this level of detail, immersion and variety. It's one thing to make a map feel "lived in", but another one altogether to make it feel "used to be lived in".

• Like 3

I haven't checked this project for like several months, but when I saw that there were some updates since then, I checked it out and I was amazed. Just WOW. You guys are doing a beautiful job. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Could anyone give me a mirror link to download this mod (such google drive or mediafire)? I'm having problem with my internet connection in getting this mod through steam or armaholic

• Thanks 1

CHR soundtrack module (Coming Soon) All music, written and produced for CHR.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dan Tronic said:

CHR soundtrack module (Coming Soon)

Its coming along amazingly mate!

• Like 1

WOW, this is so well done IMO!

I can hardly contain myself looking around in the editor "ok ima do this here, put that there and this and that" seriously some next level awesome work.

Did I catch/read properly, is EOs' Sullen Skies included/integrated in the mod?  If so, my sky is not that ominous dark brooding cloud layer like I get with Sullen skies on Altis, Stratis, Malden... I must admit I've been away for several months and maybe over looking something, do I need to set the overcast slider above a specific value?

Man I didn't even want to open the laptop to post on the forums I am so consumed with this map...so back I GO haha!

On 2018/4/28 at 9:33 AM, Zakuak said:

WOW, this is so well done IMO!

I can hardly contain myself looking around in the editor "ok ima do this here, put that there and this and that" seriously some next level awesome work.

Did I catch/read properly, is EOs' Sullen Skies included/integrated in the mod?  If so, my sky is not that ominous dark brooding cloud layer like I get with Sullen skies on Altis, Stratis, Malden... I must admit I've been away for several months and maybe over looking something, do I need to set the overcast slider above a specific value?

Man I didn't even want to open the laptop to post on the forums I am so consumed with this map...so back I GO haha!

Think sullen skies pbo is in the optional folder since we had alot of people mentionabout being too dark when loaded by default.