FxGWoYk.jpg

Chernarus Redux

In the post-Soviet country of Chernarus. Several years has passed since the insurgency conflict and viral outbreak. The russian oriented country is now desolate and overgrown. The few that remain and inhabit the surrounding cities have chosen to bare arms and scavenge the land for supplies which is difficult to come by. Some may chose to believe Chernarus is hopeless, however there is a growing movement of survivors trying to take back the very cities they lost 26 years ago.

What Is It?

Chernarus Redux has been a on and off project for a few months now, The goal is to bring the Arma 2 Chernarus up to Arma 3 Standards, with the inclusion of making it a more of a apocalyptic feel. So it can be used in the way a lot of Arma 3 mods are trying to achieve. We are trying to strive towards adding that extra bit of detail that has always been missing from this beloved map. We also have a modeller which has made amazing progress on opening up a lot more buildings.

Download from Steam

Development Road Map
Public Defect Tracker

Social & Communications
Discord

Youtube Channel
Twitter

Requirements
- CUP Core

If you have any ideas or any suggestions please post them in any platform you like.
Will like to say Thank You for Bohemia giving us the go ahead for the project.

Where the data came from:
Arma Licensed Data Pack
Arma 2 Sample Models

• Like 30

will CUP be a requirement?

Just now, Ltf said:

will CUP be a requirement?

As CUP is now a standard addon used in Arma 3, yes it will be. However we may make the map standalone further in the future.

It's better with CUP in my opinion. Your work looks pretty good, keep up!!

• Like 3

Ooh. So this is like a community version of Chernarus+ from DayZ? Never actually got to play it but the idea of it was cool. I might have a few things I made on Chernarus in the editor I could share. Would I just send the mission file?

3 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

Ooh. So this is like a community version of Chernarus+ from DayZ? Never actually got to play it but the idea of it was cool. I might have a few things I made on Chernarus in the editor I could share. Would I just send the mission file?

In a way yes it is. But we have nothing to do with the actual chernarus plus. Yes you can send the mission so I can have a look over them, just send a private message to me with the mission attached.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valken said:

Fantastic! I hope the team will consider looking at "The Last of Us" game for inspiration with all the overgrowth to fill in Cherno and to also consider using more open buildings such as Open Chernarus 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786777307

Keep up the great work!

We already have our own alternative for open buildings, it is based on the source OCP uses but our lead modeller is cracking open the rest :)

Thank-you for your suggestion, we have plenty of inspiration but are always looking for more ideas, its not quite comparable to TLOU but it does have a great apocalyptic and atmospheric feeling :)

• Like 1

Would just like to thank Axios for bringing this project to my attention and asking me to be apart of it. More progress pics coming soon, to keep update with map development follow my twitter http://twitter.com/deathhappie

• Like 2

Are you guys also working on remodelling the terrain itself, including heightmap, textures and so on?

6 minutes ago, scotty1928 said:

Are you guys also working on remodelling the terrain itself, including heightmap, textures and so on?

We will be sculpting the terrain in on areas we are working in in bulldozer. There will be a new satellite image and new ground textures.

• Like 3

Yeah see, over the past couple years people have been complaining that they just wanted to port Chern+ into Arma and I kept suggesting they just rework the original and make it their own but no one wanted to put in the work.  Great to see someone getting creative with it.  Keep it up!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cring0 said:

Yeah see, over the past couple years people have been complaining that they just wanted to port Chern+ into Arma and I kept suggesting they just rework the original and make it their own but no one wanted to put in the work.  Great to see someone getting creative with it.  Keep it up!

Thanks man. But I'm willing to give people the chance of things that they have created in Eden to actually be baked into the actual map it's self, so it's a lot easier for a lot of other talented people creating work for the map but don't know how to actually use the arma 3 tools .

• Like 4

Hey guys. Congrats on the project. It looks exciting and I can't wait to see the result.

One thing. I haven't pinned it down yet, but I'm fairly certain some commonly used function is causing noticeable micro-stutter on Chernarus. Making it unplayable for me TBH.

I'm noticing this in ALiVE, and the Pilgrimage mission, so my theory is that some building position call unique to this map (and a couple others) has changed in the Arma 3 platform recently. But that's just a guess.

I'd just recommend, before what I'm assuming is going to be hundreds of hours of development, that your team messes around making simple missions on Chernarus and see if you notice anything odd.

Its very easy to see, BTW. Just make a basic ALiVE mission or play Pilgrimage on Chernarus, and start jogging in a straight line. Every couple of seconds it stutters. An exact same setup on another map, won't.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread. I'd just hate for so much work to be put in, only to find the map isn't usable, or that some function needs to be fixed by BI before anyone can feasibly play on it. If anyone wants to talk about this and would like any further details on exactly what I'm seeing, please PM me.

And good luck! This looks cool!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hey guys. Congrats on the project. It looks exciting and I can't wait to see the result.

One thing. I haven't pinned it down yet, but I'm fairly certain some commonly used function is causing noticeable micro-stutter on Chernarus. Making it unplayable for me TBH.

I'm noticing this in ALiVE, and the Pilgrimage mission, so my theory is that some building position call unique to this map (and a couple others) has changed in the Arma 3 platform recently. But that's just a guess.

I'd just recommend, before what I'm assuming is going to be hundreds of hours of development, that your team messes around making simple missions on Chernarus and see if you notice anything odd.

Its very easy to see, BTW. Just make a basic ALiVE mission or play Pilgrimage on Chernarus, and start jogging in a straight line. Every couple of seconds it stutters. An exact same setup on another map, won't.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread. I'd just hate for so much work to be put in, only to find the map isn't usable, or that some function needs to be fixed by BI before anyone can feasibly play on it. If anyone wants to talk about this and would like any further details on exactly what I'm seeing, please PM me.

And good luck! This looks cool!

Ivery tried out a few things regarding small stutters. But I changed the clutter config and got rid of a lot of the weeds. Which are quite a drainer on performance as you have to keep loading them in. 

• Like 2

Just Amazing. Already feels like the new Metro game!

• Like 2

Just amazing and I thought of something you guys may want to test out. If you put clutter on the roads, will the AI drivers drive around it or crash into it? I know the AI now drives around units or vehicles but not sure about ground clutter.

Other than that, amazing work.

• Like 1