Sign in to follow this  
GC-Reno

how to keep skin and items on vehicle respawn

I've created a MP map using the RHS MOD with various vehicles (tanks/APC/jeeps/helos) etc. The skins (olive/camo) are different for each side and I've specified the items/weapons available in each vehicle (deleted for most).

My problem is when the vehicles respawn, the skin and items default to their original design.

I've created specific uniforms and items/weapons for the players and have a script that now saves the loadouts when the players respawn...

onPlayerKilled - player setVariable["Saved_Loadout",getUnitLoadout player];
onPlayerRespawn - removeAllWeapons player;
removeGoggles player;
removeHeadgear player;
removeVest player;
removeUniform player;
removeAllAssignedItems player;
clearAllItemsFromBackpack player;
removeBackpack player;
player setUnitLoadout(player getVariable["Saved_Loadout",[]]);

How can I make this script work on the vehicles? $20 Steam gift card for whoever can help me solve this!

Thanks

For the loadout, here is my solution:

This applies not only the vehicle loadout, but also the arsenal or even custom addAction if any, on previous vehicle.

For texture, searching...  done!
Script updated with texture(s) and customizable components if any (doors, roll cage, spare wheel..), like in Editor vehicle appearance.

Thanks pierremgi, I put the script in a sqf file and it didn't save the skin or load. I appreciate your input.

$30 Steam Gift card to whomever can help me sort this out.

Guy, I took time to answer at your demand you sent me in MP.

As I said, these scripts are working but they must be adapted for any case, copying loadout from a vehicle to another one.

Furthermore, as I answered you, you need to use the vehicle respawn script, instead of the get/setVehicle/loadout.

All these scripts have been tested in SP/MP hosted, not dedicated.

So, if you have some further details on use on dedi. server, I will take them into account.

• Like 1

Sorry pierremgi,

I meant no disrespect in any way. I'm an idiot when it comes to the scripting in ARMA 3 and I was looking for a little more assistance to get the script in my mission file. I tried your script several ways and couldn't get the instructions you sent to work. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to adapt them, what get/setvehicle/loadout, dynamic loadout or pylons mean, your speaking in a tech language that I don't know, I'm serious when I say this is over my head. I also never placed any pressure on you to provide this and I stated that the gift was for whoever could help me "solve" this, its not solved at this point. As an apology for any confusion and a thank you for your what you've done, I'll go ahead and sent you a $20 gift card.

In the mean time, I'm offering $40 to whomever can help me resolve this issue by providing me simple instructions on how I can get this last detail resolved for my maps. I'm serious about getting this done which is why I'm willing to pay for the expertise. If the value is worth more than I'm offering, let me know because I have no idea but would sincerely appreciate the help.

GC-Reno id look for

this if I'm correct has a fnc do what you ask, just read the read me ..

@GC-Reno I've already set Icemans respawn up for you. I don't exactly get what more you are looking for. 

With that respawn system you can run multiple scripts on respawn. Including the one that changes the skin... 

OK, so here are the details...

I'm using the RHS MOD and the maps I've created are Multiplayer (Red/Blue) no Independence side.

1. Example 1 - I am using the (class name) "rhsusf_m113d_usarmy_supply" as a mobile armory. I've customized the internal armory with basic magazines, grenades, smoke, etc. I've deleted all the default items. I've also changed the skin to "camo" for red team and "olive" for blue team.

2. Example 2 - I'm using a Ghost Hawk and, here too, I've deleted all items and added 12 parachutes to the internal cargo and deleted all the other items such as first aid kits, magazines, etc.

3. All other vehicles (tanks, jeeps, APC's, helos) I have on the map, I've removed all their items, even the first aid kits that are on the quads. No other vehicles have items in them.

I don't have an issue with the vehicles respawning, respawn positions, markers or anything like this. I used the respawn markers available in the editor. They respawn on their default marker, self destroy when their abandoned, the timers work perfect and I have them set for both sides (blue/red).

What is happening is that when "any" of the vehicles are destroyed, they respawn with their default items as if I had just placed them on the map in their original state. Example: the armory vehicles I had set up with custom items, defaults to the original loadout that the editor gives it. The vehicles will also change their skin to either desert or the opposite of what I had assigned it (they have a random setting I think). I've tried messing with the dynamic settings and the others in that category, but nothing works.

I don't understand scripting and I don't know how to modify them to suit my needs, thus, the offer of paying someone to do it for me. I've spent the past week working with the scripts provided but I have NO CLUE what I'm doing. I've got 20 different SQF files on my desktop that I've modified trying to make this work. I'm a total noob with this!! I even have all the scripting commands list, RHS class names, CFG lists for vehicles and weapons and everything to fill in the blanks, just don't know where they go :(

I have a sample map in our TS (globalconflictA3.teamspeak3.com) if you want to take a look. It's in the Map Team room (if you need help with the download browser, I know how to do that :) Funny, I'm the only one on the map team so far lol wait don't laugh, I've learned a lot making these 30 maps :) and as soon as I resolve this last @#^@#% issue, I'll have them up on a server for all to play :)

You should post that mission up, because you've wrote out a few paragraphs there and it tells nothing really about your problem; especially if you know nothing of scripting in the first place.  Also, it's not a very attractive proposition asking people to go to your website when you need the help and you've come here to get it...

I gave you a working solution instead of BI respawn module, taking into account far more parameters like crew, even assault squads inside vehicle (not belonging to driving crew and so on,.. waypoints...).  You can't use both at the same time (script and module).

So, anyway, don't mix all the scripts of your desk! Choose one. If mine, I can help you for parameters but it's just as you can read.

OK very simple add me on steam claws01thelastkiller . I will do for u

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk