Hello,

I have the following Problem:

All my Windows are Black.

asdasdf.png

But I think I everything is fine.

asdasxdsadf.png

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks

Select all the transparent faces and go to structures/faces/ move to top. 

Also so why are you blacking out the file path lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

Select all the transparent faces and go to structures/faces/ move to top. 

So I did:

Selecting all Glass

Then I got to Faces -> Move Top.

Nothing happens

(I cant fine structures .-.)

All my windwos are still black

Are you sure the texture actually has an alpha channel? Did you use the proper naming convention?

Edit:

As Nodunit mentions below your glass texture isn't using the _CA suffix.

On 6/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, m1lkm8n said:

That information is strictly on a need to know basis. It is redacted in accordance with strict international security protocols. You may file a freedom of information act request if you wish to pursue the matter further.

:smileee:

Firstly, does your texture have an alpha channel attached to it and if so is it pure white or grey to black?  If it's pure white then it is treated as solid.
Secondly, if the above checks out, when you saved your tga, did you save it as a 24bit or a 32bit?   This is very important because 24bit will discard the alpha channel.
Thirdly, your texture has no "type"name, so the conversion is likely defaulting to _co.   CO's do NOT support a transparent gradient, either your texutre is transparent or is isn't, and any parts that aren't are solid black and white with no in between.

if you have an alpha channel, and you saved your texture as a 32bit, then you also need to add the "_ca" extension so the program knows when converting, this texture is supposed to have transparency.
So your texture should be "glass_ca".

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nodunit said:

Firstly, does your texture have an alpha channel attached to it and if so is it pure white or grey to black?  If it's pure white then it is treated as solid.
Secondly, if the above checks out, when you saved your tga, did you save it as a 24bit or a 32bit?   This is very important because 24bit will discard the alpha channel.
Thirdly, your texture has no "type"name, so the conversion is likely defaulting to _co.   CO's do NOT support a transparent gradient, either your texutre is transparent or is isn't, and any parts that aren't are solid black and white with no in between.

if you have an alpha channel, and you saved your texture as a 32bit, then you also need to add the "_ca" extension so the program knows when converting, this texture is supposed to have transparency.
So your texture should be "glass_ca".

How do I check if my texture has a Aplha Channel? I know that the Texture works on other Models.

Open it in gimp or photoshop. But like nod said if you don't have the correct suffix then when making the texture a paa it won't work. Textures with alpha layers *need* the _ca suffix

As m1lkm8n mentioned, you can use photoshop or gimp (which is free). 
Open your tga and click the "Channels" tab, you should see Red, Green, and Blue as well as a fourth one, this would be your alpha channel and what defines transparency amount on the texture.

why have you blacked out the names? We can't help you with limited information. These guys have provided very good feedback. Also need to ensure your rvmats contain the correct texture filepaths (if any are used), and that your uv's match the texture file. 

20 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

why have you blacked out the names? We can't help you with limited information. These guys have provided very good feedback. Also need to ensure your rvmats contain the correct texture filepaths (if any are used), and that your uv's match the texture file. 

I used the default a3 glass paa and rvmat. I blacked out the Name bacause this is a Mod for a yet secret server.

2 hours ago, Flintbeker said:

So, i tried the a3 glass_ca.paa, still not working .-.

Lets start at the beginning.   What file type are you using to convert into paa's, is it jpeg, png, tga?  If not tga then switch to tga, trust me on this.

Then the best way we can help you is to see an image of the texture, with the channels tab activated prefferably. 
If you're concerned about secrecy then all we need to see really is the channels tab, however if you are still concerned about security then I'll give you an example of what we're looking for.

Below is an example of a typical channel stack, 24 bit uses Red, Green, and Blue.  As far as the game is concerned however, this would be a solid texture...you need the alpha channel to distinguish what part of the texture is transparent and what is opaque.

And once more, if you have this set up but you are saving your file as a 24bit  then you might as well not have an alpha channel because it's being removed the moment it saves that file, thus the texture format and engine see it as a solid texture with no transparency.

Halo01-3channels.jpg vs Halo02-4channels.jpg

Once we eliminate that possibility then we can move on to other potential causes, and there are plenty...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nodunit said:

Lets start at the beginning.   What file type are you using to convert into paa's, is it jpeg, png, tga?  If not tga then switch to tga, trust me on this.

Then the best way we can help you is to see an image of the texture, with the channels tab activated prefferably. 
If you're concerned about secrecy then all we need to see really is the channels tab, however if you are still concerned about security then I'll give you an example of what we're looking for.

Below is an example of a typical channel stack, 24 bit uses Red, Green, and Blue.  As far as the game is concerned however, this would be a solid texture...you need the alpha channel to distinguish what part of the texture is transparent and what is opaque.

And once more, if you have this set up but you are saving your file as a 24bit  then you might as well not have an alpha channel because it's being removed the moment it saves that file, thus the texture format and engine see it as a solid texture with no transparency.

Halo01-3channels.jpg vs Halo02-4channels.jpg

Once we eliminate that possibility then we can move on to other potential causes, and there are plenty...

OK, the Thing is that I am not converting any Files to paa. I tried using the Default A3 assets that came with Arma 3 Tools. So Ich cant check the Alpha Channel in this Paas, in my Own Glass Texture the Alpha Channel is there. I try to Import the model new Tomorrow.

4 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

Secrecy = life server

This is Wrong, its for a MilSim Projekt.

Are all the paths in your .rvmat valid?

The model needs to be able to reference all applied texture and material files from the project drive when binarising.

Have encountered this black glass thing when applying paths to BIS .rvmats in the .p3d, but not having the relevant .rvmat and files unpacked to P:\

On 05/06/2017 at 2:28 PM, Flintbeker said:

Hello,

I have the following Problem:

All my Windows are Black.

asdasdf.png

But I think I everything is fine.

asdasxdsadf.png

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks

The way i fixed that when i had that issue is id load my RVMAT up and the glass.paa file i would make it white with 40% transparancy