PalmDesert12

We need more official servers

A lot of the times when I launch Project Argo nearly all of the servers (including US) are always full. Perhaps we could have more official servers?

This is not confirmed, but its very likely that they will drastically increase the server count shortly before the game Release. So you don't have to wait more than 2 weeks, im sure of it.

On 3. 6. 2017 at 6:44 PM, PalmDesert12 said:

A lot of the times when I launch Project Argo nearly all of the servers (including US) are always full. Perhaps we could have more official servers?

And also after this weekend we saw the higher peaks of players and we will add few new servers. 

58 minutes ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

Well, we got more servers...

But,

Is 18 EU servers vs 9 US servers going to be the norm?

The numbers of servers is based on the number of active players for each region.

So if 50% are from EU and 25% are from US, then yes, it will probably stay like that

Not really sure how that could be figured, since both regions had full servers before the increase, and they still both have full servers after the increase. 

Also, the US servers weren't increased at all, btw.  EU servers were doubled, US servers were ignored. 

11 hours ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

Not really sure how that could be figured, since both regions had full servers before the increase, and they still both have full servers after the increase. 

Also, the US servers weren't increased at all, btw.  EU servers were doubled, US servers were ignored. 

As Yoshi mentioned, EU servers were more occupied that why in the first badge of added servers, we added only instances for EU, I am right now working on getting some additional ones, including US.

Hey guys,

I install the game on the morning and I try to play.

When I wrote my ID, I got a message " Unable to reach The Bohemia Interactive Servers", and this is not possible for me to connect.

Someone can help me ?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Myzu35 said:

Hey guys,

I install the game on the morning and I try to play.

When I wrote my ID, I got a message " Unable to reach The Bohemia Interactive Servers", and this is not possible for me to connect.

Someone can help me ?

Thanks

First make sure that your computer time matches the time in your country, try to re-sync them and then try to login again

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

As Yoshi mentioned, EU servers were more occupied that why in the first badge of added servers, we added only instances for EU, I am right now working on getting some additional ones, including US.

Looking forward to it.  Any chance we could get less hardcore servers though?  US players, 'specially, are prone to fire without ID. 

Here's a good example: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/769400280846598992/48CCA13291477FAEA896879FEF466AAA1FB4A7AF/

Dear developers, 

Yesterday I was trying to get with my friend in game, but all the time all EU servers was full, is there any plan to increase amount of dedicated official servers?

If I'm playing alone, I will get in server soon or later, but if I would like to play with my friend, than no chances as they are always full and when there is any space to get in all waiter occupied free slots straight away.

So my suggestions to add queue system and some party join to server like in BF1, otherwise no chance that people will be playing with their friend in party.

I really enjoy game and I wish I could play with my friends. 

Will there be any chance that an Official AU server will be made before the release of the game?

I personally watched 4 different randoms and even one of my own clanmates say they were done with this game and uninstalling it because of the incessant teamkilling throughout every match last night. 

Hardcore was a failed experiment.  It sucks.  And 2 out of 22 servers being non-HC just doesn't cut it. 

Why do you guys try so damn hard to lose your base everytime one falls into your lap?

On 2017-6-11 at 7:12 AM, PandaSkitz said:

Will there be any chance that an Official AU server will be made before the release of the game?

Sadly, before no, but on the release for sure :)

On 2017-6-9 at 3:14 PM, Jevgenius said:

Dear developers, 

Yesterday I was trying to get with my friend in game, but all the time all EU servers was full, is there any plan to increase amount of dedicated official servers?

If I'm playing alone, I will get in server soon or later, but if I would like to play with my friend, than no chances as they are always full and when there is any space to get in all waiter occupied free slots straight away.

So my suggestions to add queue system and some party join to server like in BF1, otherwise no chance that people will be playing with their friend in party.

I really enjoy game and I wish I could play with my friends. 

The "matchmaking" feature you are used to from other games is not supporter in Arma 3 and creating it from scratch is our of the scope of the project. We doubled the amount of servers though :)

15 hours ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

I personally watched 4 different randoms and even one of my own clanmates say they were done with this game and uninstalling it because of the incessant teamkilling throughout every match last night. 

Hardcore was a failed experiment.  It sucks.  And 2 out of 22 servers being non-HC just doesn't cut it. 

Why do you guys try so damn hard to lose your base everytime one falls into your lap?

Argo is now being focused more on the hardcore gameplay and that's why we are setting most of the servers on hardcore difficulty, you can host your own server with favourite difficulty though :)

On 08.06.2017 at 7:06 PM, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

Any chance we could get less hardcore servers though?

You are not alone.

Spoiler

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Argo is now being focused more on the hardcore gameplay

A small subtlety.
If the Project Argo is being focused more on the hardcore gameplay, it will eventually get a narrow circle of players who prefer this mode.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assignment XP on hardcore and non-hardcore servers is equivalent?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

you can host your own server with favourite difficulty though :)

You've got to stop with this.  We all know we can host our own servers, and I already do.  But it doesn't mean fuck all if it doesn't contribute to anything at all.  Running around with SMGs on an empty server just to see some UI isn't my idea of fun. 

It's just condescending and offensive.  I'm not a damn idiot, and I understand perfectly how it works.  I'm telling you now that focusing argo on Hardcore now will ruin this game, and I'll be the very first to jump ship if that's the direction it sets sail.

• Like 1

Wow...I must be dreaming, or I must have gone through an other parallel world since I've came back from holidays...
15 days ago we were like 35-40 players max active per evening...this evening I just did my first game... what a load!... 350 players... o_0 !! WHAT happened ?? Very good surprise though !!! I really enjoy that new world !!!

Seriously, you guys really have done great job about the game,I really enjoy its atmosphere and gameplay so first I just thank you for all your great work so far!

Back to the subject...I support what have been said about the lack of "non-hardcore servers".

Let's just figure out what is happening right now on Argo...okay, 350 active players  tonight is just awesome...uncredible... I JUST don't know where you got them in here and I trully give you all my respect for this miracle.
Be aware You HAVE JEWELS in your hands, and you really should take care of this treasure !
It's a starting game, and throwing lemon juice in the eyes of the new beginners who really have trouble trying to shoot somebody else other than their teamates, may not be the best way to give hospitality to the Pilgrims...

Project argo is supposed to be a teamplay game, the non-hardcore game mod displays and features give the opportunity to really use the game as it is meant to be. By forcing hardcore you're giving advantages to the experimented  active players (only a few so far...), against the new beginners...

I may be wrong if I speak in the name of the experimented players on Argo, but I think we really don't care having to play on a non- hardcore or hardcore servers, we feel okay about playing with non-hardcore server so why not giving a good shake hands to the new guys ???
And believe me you would absolutely not be going against the "nature" of this game, which was originally launched like this   

At least, what seems to be reasonable actually is to give a 50/50 non-hardcore and hardcore servers for the moment

12 hours ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

You've got to stop with this.  We all know we can host our own servers, and I already do.  But it doesn't mean fuck all if it doesn't contribute to anything at all.  Running around with SMGs on an empty server just to see some UI isn't my idea of fun. 

It's just condescending and offensive.  I'm not a damn idiot, and I understand perfectly how it works.  I'm telling you now that focusing argo on Hardcore now will ruin this game, and I'll be the very first to jump ship if that's the direction it sets sail.

I will ask you to calm down and read again what you are writing, I am talking to you politely and I am trying to answer everything I can with all the information I am able to provide. 

But if you decide to act this way, I won't anymore.

10 hours ago, akira baadakku said:

Wow...I must be dreaming, or I must have gone through an other parallel world since I've came back from holidays...
15 days ago we were like 35-40 players max active per evening...this evening I just did my first game... what a load!... 350 players... o_0 !! WHAT happened ?? Very good surprise though !!! I really enjoy that new world !!!

Seriously, you guys really have done great job about the game,I really enjoy its atmosphere and gameplay so first I just thank you for all your great work so far!

Back to the subject...I support what have been said about the lack of "non-hardcore servers".

Let's just figure out what is happening right now on Argo...okay, 350 active players  tonight is just awesome...uncredible... I JUST don't know where you got them in here and I trully give you all my respect for this miracle.
Be aware You HAVE JEWELS in your hands, and you really should take care of this treasure !
It's a starting game, and throwing lemon juice in the eyes of the new beginners who really have trouble trying to shoot somebody else other than their teamates, may not be the best way to give hospitality to the Pilgrims...

Project argo is supposed to be a teamplay game, the non-hardcore game mod displays and features give the opportunity to really use the game as it is meant to be. By forcing hardcore you're giving advantages to the experimented  active players (only a few so far...), against the new beginners...

I may be wrong if I speak in the name of the experimented players on Argo, but I think we really don't care having to play on a non- hardcore or hardcore servers, we feel okay about playing with non-hardcore server so why not giving a good shake hands to the new guys ???
And believe me you would absolutely not be going against the "nature" of this game, which was originally launched like this   

At least, what seems to be reasonable actually is to give a 50/50 non-hardcore and hardcore servers for the moment

Good to see our player coming back and enjoying the game! :)

We hope to see even more players coming to the game when we release it and thus the game being more fun.

I am indeed hearing all the feedback about "non-hardcore" servers, what is important to understand is that, we are still in "prototype" phase, we will release soon but we are still experimenting and gathering data. You might not understand why we do certain things, why we change UI that way, or change most of the servers to hardcore, but there is reason behind everything we do, and everything we do will be used to make the game better.

So once again, we hear you, stay tuned :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, akira baadakku said:

Aaaand there is 24 more EU non-hardcore servers, magic!

Enjoy :)

5 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

I will ask you to calm down and read again what you are writing, I am talking to you politely and I am trying to answer everything I can with all the information I am able to provide. 

But if you decide to act this way, I won't anymore.

You have to understand, I'm a bit passionate about this game.  And I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Not because it's really any good right now (But it is), or because I paid any money for it (Though I plan on buying DLC for my team), it's because it's the only glimmer of hope for tactical competitive FPS. 

I just spent $90 on Rainbow 6: Siege.  And I still play argo more, and would have much rather BIS have that money. 

So when I get verbally aggressive, it's not that I'm getting aggressive with you specifically, but instead I'm aggressively advocating for this game so it doesn't end up in the same state it was 4 months ago that forced me into buying siege.

I think you're doing a good job.  Don't get me wrong.  But getting butthurt over the passionate responses of your target audience just isn't going to help any situation.  If you can't deal with strong personalities that are passionate about your competitive military game, you're in the wrong industry. 

On the other hand, I'd much rather you be outright hostile than being polite but condescending.  I find that far more offensive than just saying exactly what you want exactly the way you mean it. 

1 hour ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

read again what you are writing

Like this.  Read again what I'm writing?  What is this supposed to mean?  That I didn't understand what I responded to you with?  Or that I need to read your response again because I didn't get it?  What are you trying to say here that isn't an insult to my intelligence?

Ladies and gentlemen, don't quarrel and don't swear. It will end with nothing good. :drinking2: