SyncopicOcelot

How to create ModuleTracers_F from scripts

Hi all \o/

I would like to know how to create the ModuleTracers_F module from a script.

I tried various things with createVehicle and setVariable functions in order to create the module then set its parameters Min/Max/Side... but with no success at this time.

Not even sure if it's possible (I guess it is ^^), I should be missing something...

My goal is to create some tracers at a given position to give the feeling of a war zone. As all these AOs will be dynamically created, I can't put them by hand from 3den... so, scripts!

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated as I'm out of ideas and can't find any solution on the internet.

Oh, you know, if you depbo the BI fn_moduleTracers.sqf, you could be surprised.. It places a "B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F" on a logic position, then change mags for "200Rnd_65x39_belt_Tracer_Green" or "200Rnd_65x39_belt_Tracer_Red" or "200Rnd_65x39_belt_Tracer_Yellow", then hide the object, disableAI move, target and autotarget for the gunner, setBehaviour combat, add some delay...

I just had a look... you're right ^^'

I should have searched for the function by myself... but I thought something else would have existed.

Thanks for pointing me the SQF anyway !

Maybe I'll post my own solution if I come up with something :)

For future reference, the fn_moduleTracers.sqf file is located here: Arma 3/Addons/modules_f.pbo
Yes I necro'd this 5-year-old post 🌝

• Like 1