Hello community,

I am looking for a way to apply sound filters and/or effects dynamically in a game using a script. For example, upon triggering a trigger, a script is executed which applies a lowpass function (perhaps also adjust pitch) of all following sounds, for a period of time. I am aware of the existence of SoundShader and SoundSets, but I get the impression that these are only used for config of sounds for classes of objects, and are not for dynamic sound adjustments in-game (correct me if wrong). If anyone knows of a way, please do let me know!

Bandpass

You can use fadeSound, fadeMusic, fadeRadio, fadeSpeech in a script. Not sure other params than volume can be modified like this.

Thanks for the replies Grumpy, pierremgi.

I am wondering though if there is a way to trick the game into applying sound filters similar to existing ones like houseattenuation or underwatereffects, by perhaps creating a new subclass of attenuationEffects or cfgSoundEffects and fooling arma into thinking the player is physically located in an environment in which such sound class would apply (like a vehicle).

Any thoughts on how one might go about doing that (if at all possible) or alternative ideas?

Hey killzone_kid, thanks for the reply. In fact though I was looking more for a way to apply audio manipulation to all in-game sounds, and do so by means of a key-stroke event handler or as a triggered event. Perhaps there is a way by tricking arma into thinking a player is inside of a vehicle (perhaps a custom vehicle config) or inside a building - just really not sure how one would go about doing that.

A little while ago I came across a post where you mentioned enableAudioFeature for audio EQ, but I'm not sure that this feature is meant to apply an audio feature on-demand (but rather perhaps to allow or prevent one from occurring as per normal?). I tried applying it without success, but perhaps there's something I missed... If so, I wonder if this could be an alternative way.