makhno

Terrain : G.O.S N'Djenahoud

G.O.S N'Djenahoud, 400 km² of sand, rocks and nature.
It's based on real word area in the "Ennedi Massif".

This map does not contain any building, those can now easily be added to a mission as is needed.
There are 8 airstrips (most of them do not appear on the map, to make navigation to those objectives more interesting). The download contains an image of the airstips locations for mission makers.

Grab your cheich and your rpg-7, hop in your Toyota, wreak havok on the Lybians occupying the region, and quickly disappear in the desert.

Download :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/31b95bc5iib15dr/%40NDjenahoudV002.rar

Video:

319-00.png

319-1.png
319-2.png

319-3.png

319-4.png

319-5.png

319-6.png

319-7.png

319-9.png

Required addons :
Arma 3 only.

Known errors :
The dust effects don't work, which is a shame for such a map.
And I can't figure out why (Help welcome).

Credits & Thanks:
Shezan74 for worldTools.

"Le GOS, faire autrement"
Clan réaliste français
http://www.clan-gos.fr

• Like 22

Looks pretty nice!  I see myself setting up huge tank battles with a map like this.  I wonder how RAVAGE mod would handle no buildings with regard to zombie spawns ( since I have been bitten by the zombie slayer bug).  Hmm Zombies and tank battles haha.

No dust, yes I am sure someone can chime in on that to help you. I remember CUP terrains lacked dust for some time and read about the fix but darned if I recall where.

Cheers!

EDIT: I just watched your vid... this looks fantastic! I hope someone can help you sort out the dust issue =)

Unique, nice looking, and versatile. Nice work.

Man, that's a lot of rocks and sand.. ;-)

It's looks so peaceful, maybe we should not disturb this land.. ;-)

• Like 3

The Map master is back. Looks Awesome! How many is this now, like 4 or 5 now I think, right? Can't wait to explore it! Tally Ho!!!

Ok I loaded this up last night and WOW, maybe it's just me getting nuts on the desert lay out you so very perfectly constructed but man this is a beautiful map!

I dropped several dozen OPFOR groups around the map, set them to Dyn sim, trigger dist 1200. Set a MI48 bird down for me and some AI friends (lol) - flew around for hours NOE, ducking behind dunes and cliffs. Simply exquisite!

The terrain is also really fun in a prowler or a quad heh.

Now Im back in editor for second phase =) . 

Again, very well done IMO!

This terrain is so varied, for anyone on the fence or just thinking "eh a big flat desert map", that is not the case.

I mean yeah it's all desert but the height changes are non stop and superbly done. I had a hell of a time finding a flat spot to put a hesco on =)

Deep wadi's, rocky outcrops, sand dunes and the vegetation layout is perfectly fitting for the environment.

Edited by Zakuaz
just cant stop talking about this map haha

Agree with everyone else, I don't think there's currently a map out there like this. Running around the map, I imagine the terrain the French faced when they pushed ISIS out of Northern Mali.

Nice job.

• Like 1

New mod v0.0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking: banner-420x120.png Hey makhno, you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now! Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing. To learn more, follow this guide.

Stunning !! Your maps never cease to amaze, and just keep getting better and better all the time !!

• Like 1

Amazing map, terrain textures and satellite map are fitting very well, a thing which is sadly often not done very well by map makers when compared to vanilla maps. Also I am a huge fan of maps not using Arma1/2 resources. I think Middle East, African savanna, Mediterranean Sea and all kind of jungle and desert maps  can perfectly be done now just using A3 resources ( not talking about buildings here).The idea of making huge terrains without placing buildings and roads is also a very good idea , since it then can be used for all kind of scenarios from WWII, Cold War era to even Halo. I really hope for more of such maps :) 

keep it up

• Like 4

so goood. please someone help makhno with dust effects.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, neetch said:

so goood. please someone help makhno with dust effects.

Indeed, no dust in a setting like this is a crime haha. Pennyworth from the CUPs thread appears to be very tuned in with dust fx "Part of this issue comes from the way you have to define dust effects. You can't inherit and add to a nested array (or atleast not from what I've seen), so in order to add dust effects for your map, you have to define all dust effects again." maybe he could lend a hand somehow.

@makhno I notice the elevations on the map are probably based upon a real geo location but that chronic wind howling, anyway to lower the -not so ambient- wind sound?  Is it game engine driven, seems like I am unable to reduce it at all on my end within the editor?

1 hour ago, Zakuaz said:

Indeed, no dust in a setting like this is a crime haha. Pennyworth from the CUPs thread appears to be very tuned in with dust fx "Part of this issue comes from the way you have to define dust effects. You can't inherit and add to a nested array (or atleast not from what I've seen), so in order to add dust effects for your map, you have to define all dust effects again." maybe he could lend a hand somehow.

@makhno I notice the elevations on the map are probably based upon a real geo location but that chronic wind howling, anyway to lower the -not so ambient- wind sound?  Is it game engine driven, seems like I am unable to reduce it at all on my end within the editor?

Zakuas I just posted about this, it seems to be game engine driven (esp if using latest dev build). Many maps now sound like you're in the middle of a tornado once above about 150m. It's significantly affected the experience on Makhno's otherwise perfect map, through no fault of his. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tpw said:

Zakuas I just posted about this, it seems to be game engine driven (esp if using latest dev build). Many maps now sound like you're in the middle of a tornado once above about 150m. It's significantly affected the experience on Makhno's otherwise perfect map, through no fault of his. 

Ah, thanks for the info TPW, Agreed this map is beautiful =)

EDIT:  I've noticed I hear no foot steps while running around on this map, specifically on the sandy areas.  Maybe they are overpowered by the wind sound bug?

Excellent release !

This will be a reference terrain for meeting engagement combat. 

And maybe for some machinima as well ;)

Makhno, t'es le meilleur. 

Heyho!

Send me your layers.cfg via pm and i will send you a working dust config. 

Horridoh!

Hunger

• Like 3